18-6: "Jessica Sutta and Nadine Coyle" 2012.04.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

98 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

THE WOMEN MAKE AND RECORD MUSIC VIDEOS - The women are mentored by "America's Next Top Model All-Star" winner Lisa D' Amato as they are divided into teams to create and record music videos. One model in particular has a tough time catching on to the choreography. At the video shoot, former Pussycat Doll Jessica Sutta and Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle are brought in to offer their expertise. Kelly Cutrone and Nigel Barker join guest judges Jessica Sutta and Nadine Coyle as well as Tyra Banks on the judges' panel for elimination.

ramby

ramby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

The British rocked!!! Absolutely loved the video. Very catchy tune. The British girls did a fantastic job in their video. Loved when the judges finished watching they all turned around and cheered.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Azmarie is my new hero. That is all.

damedash08

damedash08

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

What the hell did I just watch?

The horrible music.

The "shocking" elimination.

The entire tooching lesson.

The emotional break down about stuffed animals.

The drama over bejeweled booty pop panties.

"I'm Seymone and I ain't no clone."

Lisa.

"Say nooch to the hoochie tooch!"

What was it?!?! Somebody explain it.

thispooiscold

thispooiscold

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

...And with that, I'm out for the season. AzMarie was the person I was rooting for and this bullshit fucking vanity project from Tyra was absolutely the most degrading thing I've ever seen the girls do. AzMarie is the only one who showed any integrity, although her apology at the end undid it for me. What a thunderfuck this episode was.

quietone

quietone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

There have been some crazy, inexplicable eliminations on this show but tonight's takes the cake for me. The reasons for eliminating her made no sense. I don't think AzMarie was 'too cool for school'. I think she is confident in who she is.

Azmarie is my new hero. That is all.

Co-sign. I love her glasses!

jeromycraig

jeromycraig

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

I underestimated just how pissed off Tyra was. I felt sure that AzMarie would be in the bottom two to teach her a lesson, but would get a foe-toe and a stern warning about attitude. AzMarie is money in the bank for whichever agency lands her, assuming Tyra doesn't get her blacklisted for refusing to take part in the Dog and Pony aspects of ANTM. Kyle is pretty, but she looks like a Homecoming Queen in a prom dress next to AzMarie.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

I was also sure Azmarie would be the winner since Tyra is going to crown an American without a doubt. But now, the only American girls left don't even hold a candle to the Brits. I'm smelling a Seymone victory even more now. Why am I still watching?

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

Fuck you Tyra. The season is now done. Kicking off the best model in the show over booty tooching? Really, Tyra? Worst decision ever. Okay, I'm exaggerating. She did crown Krista over Raina so we've seen Tyra lose her mind before but really, THIS is a bunch of bullshit.

KookaMonga

KookaMonga

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Was it just me, or did Nadine look like Ashley?

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

The US music video should come with a warning that all the flashing lights may induce seizures.

I was really impressed with AzMarie's apology to Tyrant at panel. May not have been deserved, but she was the first to acknowledge her mishandling of the lesson. Overall, she appeared to have handled herself well in the hamster house, comes across with both confidence and composure plus she photographs quite well. I'm glad she is not going to be burdened with ANTM any longer.

blaase

blaase

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

I love the US song. I am ashamed .
I like all the remaining girls so I was okay with Azmarie being voted off cause she pissed Tyra off.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

Was it just me, or did Nadine look like Ashley?

This was totally throwing me off. I thought they were trying to sneak Ashley back in the competition.

Not only do they look alike, they both have those Scottish accents so they sound just alike.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

The horrible music.

Lisa.

A classic ANTM episode! The inexplicable keeping of Kyle was the topper.

You KNOW Tyra wanted the video to be Seymone's moment, but the other judges were basically, "eh".

You could hardly even see the American girls making their ugly faces in their strobe light video while the British girls got stills.

Stuffed animal mutilation! And "that bitch" Kyle pushed the ear away from her. How dare she?!

Maybe someone will put Seymone's hand in warm water next week.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Not only do they look alike, they both have those Scottish accents so they sound just alike.

Nadine's Oirish I believe.

Even though I promised not to watch after Louise left, I couldn't resist this hot-ass mess. The British girls' song was awesomely bad - "I'm Kween, Kathreeen" anyone?

Azmarie leaving did it for me this season though. Stupid Tyra! Although it's interesting that we've had two girls standing up for themselves this season - maybe next season we'll have a full-on riot?

Clemency

Clemency

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Nadine is apparently from Derry, Northern Ireland, but her accent was similar to Ashley's to my (American) ears, too.

Stuffed animal mutilation! And "that bitch" Kyle pushed the ear away from her. How dare she?!

"She's dead to me now!" I mean, seriously. Hilarious. Plus, it looked to me like Kyle was actually trying to retrieve the ear and it just floated away from her.

Did anyone else notice Sophie making an "ewwwww" face when Nadine Coyle was first announced? Or did I imagine that?

Also, I hated that weird voice AzMarie used in the song!

Edited by Clemency, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

Sour K

Sour K

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

I be like whoa. There was no contest there. The US video was so bad. When they went to show the UK video, I decided it was time to head to the kitchen for a snack, but then I stopped because it was so much better. I did think it was interesting, though, that they were not entrusted with writing their own stupid lyrics this season. I guess Tyra wanted to make sure all of her stupid sayings and madeup words got into the song. She should watch RuPaul's Drag Race and learn the proper way to humiliate contestants via self-centered music video.

I was also sure Azmarie would be the winner since Tyra is going to crown an American without a doubt.

This was the main reason I thought Azmarie was safe. And because Kyle sucks every week. To tell you the truth, though, there was a part of me that knew Az was out as soon as she showed up with glasses. Tyra hates anything remotely nerdy. Or dignified. Imagine not wanting to do the booty tooch workshop!

I think maybe now Laura will win? Or... Kyle? Like, the final judging will be, "She was terrible at everything, but dammit she looks like a model!" and then she'll win. I don't know, because I seriously thought it was Az and a random Brit in the final two. But there's no way it's not going to be a Brit vs an American so... who?

The US music video should come with a warning that all the flashing lights may induce seizures

OMG, yes. That was the worst part. I'm not sure if it was edited differently so that the girls were hard to see, or if they all jumped around too much in the film, but it was a total trainwreck on every front. Their lip-sync also didn't see to be as good.

whitless256

whitless256

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I guess Tyra wanted to make sure all of her stupid sayings and madeup words got into the song.

Of course that idiotic Pot Ledom crap had to make a comeback. Tyra, it wasn't funny or creative or anything other than obnoxious the first time you did it. It's not now.

And since when the hell was there a smize dance move, or whatever that was? Tyra is on her own planet.

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

AzMarie was the only model I was at all interested in. I think she really could model (the noun AND the verb, Tyra you asshat). Glad I don't have to watch anymore as Revenge is back next week. See ya Cycle 19- maybe.

Edited by kccody, Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:04 PM.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

AzMarie was the person I was rooting for and this bullshit fucking vanity project from Tyra was absolutely the most degrading thing I've ever seen the girls do. AzMarie is the only one who showed any integrity, although her apology at the end undid it for me.

I had three rooting interests: Louise, AzMarie and Sophie. So, I'll be here as long as Sophie is. As far as integrity, the apology more than wiped that out for me. Louise had integrity. She said, "Fuck this nonsense", and she left. She didn't crawl back asking for Tyra's forgiveness and to be allowed to stay. I'd have more respect for Az if she'd done the same.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Did Az tell Tyra that the booty pad was not about androgeny or did she just tell that to another hamster? I think maybe Tyra would have understood...or at least given her a bullshit answer that we all would have rolled our eyes at. As it was, I watched the whole show in about 8 minutes. I saw the whole "i'm not wearing that/ you can't do the teach" "dookie tooch" and panel. I FF over the deliberations because I already knew (in my heart) that it was going to be some BS with Az in the bottom with some BS speech from Tyra so I didn't need to hear her validation to the other judges.

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

Azmarie is my hero, as well.
I knew my girl was toast the minute she refused to wear a foam rubber diaper.
Go smize yourself Tyra. I'm out for the season.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

I truly do not understand all this branding shit Tyra is going on and on about. Since when are actual top models releasing singles? Does Natasha Poly have a single I don't know about somewhere? Does Lara Stone?

This show is just painful.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

I will take the unpopular position. I think Azmarie's unwillingness to "booty tooch" is indicative of her unwillingness to take on a feminine persona. My only regret is that we didn't see it brought out with Miss Androgyny being forced to wear a petticoat.

I think Azmarie was one note and as stupid as booty tooching is, and it's pretty stupid and a bit degrading but really, it wasn't a petticoat or Azmarie posing pregnant and Azmarie is American and therefore likely to have seen a few seasons of ANTM and has to know shit will get weird and offensive with Tyra. Defying Tyra always leads to trouble.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

Did Lisa say she won the music video challenge? I could have sworn Allison won that challenge. Can someone confirm this?

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

Did Lisa say she won the music video challenge? I could have sworn Allison won that challenge. Can someone confirm this?

Lisa won the lyric challenge and Allison got the first call-out for her music video.

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

What were they singing? "Boo the Douche!"?

Makes sense now.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:31 AM

The horrible music.

Lisa.

This pretty much covers it. This show stopped having anything to do with actual modeling a while ago (like the first season), they didn't even have a photo shoot this week. Now it's just a Tyra ego fest with some really stupid stuff like the bootie tooch. What was the purpose of making them wear butt pads anyway? Tyra wanted to make sure their asses were as fat as hers?

phoenix780

phoenix780

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:12 AM

I thought that was an enormous amount of fun to watch, maybe it's just my mood. It was interesting that Sophie started the whole stuffed animal thing, it seemed, but Kyle took the heat for it.

The Brits video was much better designed to show them off, imho. It was the first time I thought Catherine was awesome- the moment that Jay called out was pretty awesome. But their dominance in this challenge was kind of expected, I think, because they're much more entertaining on tv than the Americans. They might not do well for still photos, but they have something that connects well through tv/video. I'd kind of be down for them to bring back Ashley and Louise and do a reality show just about them.

I figured AzMarie would be the "surprise" boot of the season. I also figure Seymone will win. She got a pass on her foul attitude during the Toronto excursion, her last photo was awkward yet praised, and in this video I thought she seemed stiff in all the group shots, yet she was complimented. Or so the editing and callout order would suggest, it did feel like the non-Tyra judges were way less impressed and things were cut.

The only thing that was puzzling to me was why they were faulting Laura for doing a Ke$ha impression. That worked out well for Ke$ha, it could work for Laura too.

Oh- and why is Eboni's nickname referring to her as being young-looking forever? Isn't she actually like 18 years old? Wouldn't the brand of eternally youthful work better if she were, say, 23? It just seems weird to me.

roguetamlin

roguetamlin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

I for one am looking forward to a Sophie/Laura finale. Laura is the only of the American girls who has any real potential now that Azmarie is gone. And I think we all know it's going to come down to a Brit vs. an American with Laura winning. Seymone just isn't that good.