Wrath of the Titans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Technically, it should be called "Wrath of the Olympians."

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

Technically, it should be called "Wrath of the Olympians."

So true. I just returned home from watching this, and I did not see any kind of wrath from any kind of Titan.

What I got from this movie? sequel? was this:

Ares: waa, waa, waa...my daddy Zeus loves my loser brother, Perseus more than me, so I'm going to join up with Uncle Hades to steal his powers, free Cronus and live FOREVAH!

Cronus was just this huge mass of volcano lava.And I couldn't understand a SINGLE word from it, or from the Cyclops.

I just handwaved away everything I'd learned in my many Greek mythology classes. I also kept wondering if Hercules didn't exist in this filmaker's vision. I think I read that it was Hercules who was the more known/favored son of Zeus. Oh well. And it's probably nitpicking, or something changed that I didn't know about, OR I didn't know, but I thought Pegasus was Hercule's steed, and he was supposed to be a white winged horse.

So glad I didn't have to pay to see this. I got lucky and had a free ticket. blech. Should have used it for something else.

lastdaughterfk

lastdaughterfk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

but I thought Pegasus was Hercule's steed, and he was supposed to be a white winged horse.

They actually did this one right Pegasus was born out of Medusa's neck when he cut his blood and he aided him briefly and then he became Bellerefont mount. Hercules never actually had Pegasus and this was something that bothered me a lot from Disney's version.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Well, glad to know that Disney got that part wrong, then. Again, that didn't bother me; just made me scratch my head.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

I just want to know if the movie bothers explaining why Andromeda went from looking like Alexa Davalos to looking like Rosamund Pike, or do they just pretend like nothing happen. I get recasting happens, but those two really don't look alike.

Of course, I really want to know is why they even made this. The first was just so underwhelming, and while it made money, I never heard many people clamoring for a sequel. And wasn't this the movie Liam Neeson dropped Spielberg's Lincoln for? I love you Liam, but I your choices are kind of worrying me.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

I just want to know if the movie bothers explaining why Andromeda went from looking like Alexa Davalos to looking like Rosamund Pike, or do they just pretend like nothing happen.

They don't.

I didn't think it was possible, but this one was even worse than the first movie. I used a Groupon specific to the theatre, and I so wish I would have used it for something else. It was all I could do not to walk out of it. The stupidity abounds, on top of being fucking boring. Alas, the showing for 21 Jump Street was sold out, and this was the next showtime. I should have just called it a night, dammit.

Please, for anyone who may read this, SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

The stupidity abounds, on top of being fucking boring.

This so much. I can't recall ever constantly looking at my watch to see how much time had passed and when this would be over. In addition to the stupidity and boringness, was the non-ending whinyness in this movie. UGH.

I couldn't even enjoy the fight scenes because I couldn't make out who was fighting what and what was going on. Well, until the last fight with Ares and Perseus, but that was just as ridiculous.

Moviesnob

Moviesnob

Video Archivist

• Interests:movies, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Corgi

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I saw it tonight, and I got what I expected - nothing amazing, ok, with decent effects. I was missing Io from the first movie, and while it took me a bit to remember who Rosamund Pike was from the first movie, I like the recast - I have a really hard time seeing Alexa Davalos in that warrior-princess role, instead of the "damsel in distress" she played in the first flick.

The minotaur/labyrinth was pretty disappointing - I figured they'd spend a good amount of time in there, but it seems like they found their way through the miles of mazes in just 15 minutes. Was killing the minotaur the key?

InsertWordHere

InsertWordHere

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

The movie was more or less what I expected- a mindless action-adventure fantasy. I thought there was way too much fiery demon effects for the "final battle" and the whole thing was rather anti-climatic with Perseus shoving the spear down Chronos' throat.

One thing I loved was Bill Nighy's Hephaestus saying "Release the Kraken." Not only was it a fun reference to the meme that developed after the trailer for Clash with Liam Neeson's hammy line was released, but I took it as a wink to Bill Nighy's character Davy Jones in the Pirates movies, who also Released the Kraken! If only we could have gotten Ralph Fiennes' Hades uttering a Voldemort-esque line (come on, "flees from death" is now the god of death/the underworld) or Liam Neeson appearing as a hologram watching over Perseus and his son at the end. Why yes, I was more interested in drawing comparisons to the cast's previous work than I was in this movie!