3-18: "The Murder of One" 2012.03.29 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

158 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:13 AM

From Comcast:

Damon and Stefan focus on a plan to destroy Klaus. Meanwhile, Klaus threatens someone close to Bonnie in order to force her to conduct a spell for him.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:52 PM.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Damon gave Alaric a ring. It's official they are a couple. Unless Alaric's alter ego, stakes Damon's vampire line. Damon needs to turn Alaric into a vampire.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Failure the 5th (or is it 6th) Kill-Klaus-Plan has sent me grasping for synonyms of "tiresome" and "repetitive". Fucking MOVE ON from this plot! It's so boring.

Loved Caroline's acknowledging that the unnamed extra that she killed after turning probably had a family. It was nice for the show finally to recognize that the multitude of corpses in the vampires' past were people even if they weren't in the credits.

As soon as something goes slightly wrong and Damon is in danger, Elena wants to fuck up the plan. "We have to rescue Damon!" Of course, if their plan had succeeded, he wouldn't need rescuing because his captors would be dead. She really is the Millstone. I once again recommend stuffing her in a sack and dropping her off in Baltimore whenever they're working on a scheme. Or eating her, whichever.

Bonnie needs to hop on a bus to Denver. Hang out with Jerms and his cute dog.

Missing the good parts due to stupid weather warnings (they always cut back to "scheduled programming" for the commercials) is annoying. What's the deal with the "missing stake" being able to kill an entire line of vamps? Did Sage die when Finn got staked and therefore they figure that anyone who was turned by that person (or further down the chain) will also die?

Edited by mac123x, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:05 PM.

Ladyhawke

Ladyhawke

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Okay...I love Tyler as much as the next person...but seriously? This whole Kill Klaus plan hinges on saving Tyler?

Come on.

RME.

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

I find it hard to sympathize with any of them except Bonnie. The episode was quite disappointing, I was hoping they would torture Damon and Stefan some more. As a matter of fact, Bonnie should have just driven a stake through Damon's heart, to get back at him for killing her mother.

Edited by NTLurker, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:20 PM.

tigerdee41

tigerdee41

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

Only character I really paid attention was Bonnie. I'm shocked JP actually allowed Bonnie to react on screen. Kat was flawless in that scene imo. I liked how she didn't start bawling right off the bat but it was more of gradual buildup, like she was thinking about everything that had happened to her and couldn't hold it in any longer. I also applauded when she left Damon there. He and Stefan didn't give two shits about her and her mother so she didn't owe him anything. How ironic that bonnie ended up saving all vampires.

I actually enjoyed Klaus tonight. First time in a long time. His scenes with Rebekah/Bonnie/Finn were highlights for me. It was nice to see badass Klaus back instead of the woobified version we've been seeing.

I bet Elijah or Klaus is the one tied to the Salvatores.

Edited by tigerdee41, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:27 PM.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Nothing ever changes, another Kill Klaus plan, another failure, a bunch of strangers die, Bonnie is forced to do a spell for someone, Elena ping pongs between the Salvatores, etc, etc. The romantic (not even but I have to call it something) goings-on are the only storyline consisting of any conflict and tension, and none of it really matters either. Personally, I don't care at all (love Stefan/Elena, I'm over the angst now though). But even if I cared, I'd still notice that none of it means anything anymore.

This show has turned into an actual diary -- a teenager's diary.

Bonnie should have just driven a stake through Damon's heart, to get back at him for killing her mother.

Now we're talking! Did anybody check up on Bonnie for crying out? Also, I hate the way Bonnie gets no love from anyone (except Caroline) unless they need her for something (and not even then I guess) yet various characters use her loyalty and love for her friends to force her to do things she doesn't want to do and really shouldn't concern her. Even in S1 she was kidnapped by Anna and her boyfriend who threatened to kill Elena if she didn't oblige, and Bonnie did everything she could to protect her friend, same in S2, same thing now. When will anybody thank her sincerely and save her for a change? Put her first for a second? Not holding my breath.

Edited by Mia Nina, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:28 PM.

ladym05

ladym05

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

I have to say I like the Old School, kill Daddy vamp or Moma vamp and baby vamps die too. But I thought Katherine drank Trevor's blood not Rose. I really liked Rebekah and Bonnie in this episode. Can we give up on the whole let's kill the Originals?!

Wrong Heaven

Wrong Heaven

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

Eh. Elena was willing to die so that Bonnie wouldn't in last year's final episodes. I mean, yeah - Bonnie has a crap deal, but let's not forget that Elena put her friend's life before her own.

Alas, while I am not one of those who believe this season is awful, it's definitely not as good as the last two - mostly because of the repeated "Let's Kill Klaus" schemes and the many ways in which they fail.

Also, I am not loving that Alaric's storyline is not resolved. I wonder if his conversation with Caroline and her admittance that she killed (and enjoyed killing) an innocent will make his alter ego focus on killing her.

Edited by Wrong Heaven, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:32 PM.

Mystical

Mystical

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

I'm pretty shocked at the negative reactions so far. I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season. Props to Bonnie for completing an amazingly difficult spell. When they revealed the bloodlines twist, everything about this season clicked into place. Now let's just hope it's Elijah who turned the vampire who turned Katherine. Speaking of Katherine, it is high time she showed up again.

I enjoyed Klaus as a villain for the first time tonight. Cold, calculating, and somehow also jovial. I also liked that he made Stefan see that he was just using Klaus as a way to keep from taking responsibility for his actions.

Loved the ending with crazy alter-ego Alaric having the stake. Adds a great layer of unpredictability.

And I wonder how many vampires just dropped dead when Sage died.

Side note--as a Damon and Elena fan, (well mostly Damon fan), I loved Damon's hallucination with Elena. Those two have amazing chemistry.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

Bonnie alone crying was sad to watch. She is gonna turn evil and be the new Ester or something. I think this is her decent into darkness.

I loved Klaus this episode for the first time in a very long time.

I'm pretty shocked at the negative reactions so far. I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season.

I agree. This wasn't the usual kill Klaus episode. Every character now has a vested intrest beyond saying Elena and that makes it more interesting.

Good way to team Katherine up with Stefan to find out where their bloodline links

If Klaus is the start of Rose's bloodline killing him will kill Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Katherine and Tyler.

Edited by Have At It, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:37 PM.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

But I thought Katherine drank Trevor's blood not Rose.

I think when Katherine stabbed herself, Rose gave Katherine her blood, then Katherine killed herself.

I kind of liked this episode. Loved that they didn't have Bonnie save Damon herself. Loved the dynamic with Klaus, Rebekah, and Finn. It was enjoyable to watch them together. Although sad that no matter how Rebekah sticks with Klaus, he is still all about himself and his hybrids.

I didn't want to see Sage die so soon but how she went out was fine, I guess. I would have loved to see her kick Stefan's butt a little more.

bm232

bm232

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

Loved Caroline's acknowledging that the unnamed extra that she killed after turning probably had a family.

WORD. Also love Caro's conversation with Alaric, and her snark about Damon. Love her.

I also enjoyed Klaus, which is a minor miracle.

I always love Rebekah. She's awesome.

I actually loved this episode. I was entertained throughout, and I think the bloodlines twist is pretty cool, though my standards when it comes to plot aren't high, I have to admit.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Another plan to kill Klaus and they fail. I'm so surprised. Do they even know why they're trying to kill him, because I don't at this point. One minute he's drawing ponies and they're going to his ball and then it's "let's kill Klaus again." Not to mention Damon's sleeping with Rebeckha and he's all, let's kill Originals! And now they can't kill Klaus at all, because Tyler is linked to him. Kill Klaus and Tyler dies and they won't do that.

Glad to see that Klaus is back to being a bad guy again.

Finn being the one to die was predictable since he was willing to kill himself for his mother.

I felt so bad for Bonnie.

I have to wonder if Alaric's alter ego doesn't have the dagger and that they just think he does when really someone else came in and took it.

I don't get where they're going with D/E/S. I see via Damon's hallucination he loves her. Stefan's telling Elena that she loves Damon. Yet I don't get from Elena that she loves Damon. Had that hallucination not been a hallucination and she left that conversation with Stefan to go after Damon, that would have showed me. However, it was a hallucination and instead she followed Stefan around for the remainder of the day, so that showed me the opposite of what Stefan is telling her. Plus there's still her reaction to Damon's love at the ball being a problem for her.

KatTV

KatTV

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

Did Sage die when Finn got staked and therefore they figure that anyone who was turned by that person (or further down the chain) will also die?

Yes. Sage and every vampire that she turned (apparently) died when Finn did. So know the big question for the majority of the cast, is who turned Rose back in the day. Oh where is Slater when you need him? I would imagine it was Klaus or Elijah. They were cavorting about the town where Rose lived. What was the name of the guy Rose was tramping around with all those years? The one who had no honor and lost his head? I can't remember, but he definitely seemed to be part of the inner Elijah/Klaus circle. Bother. We really need the spell that makes vampires human again. It may be the only way to save their undead lives!

They only have one or two stakes left. Why bother? Klaus is really the one they should want dead. Klaus and Kol actually. Rebekah yearns for human life enough that they could probably work with her. She seems to want to stay in Mystic Falls for awhile.

I wish Bonnie had done something at Klaus' house to strike back. I don't care if she saved Damon, but I wanted to see her lose it and go after Klaus or Rebekah herself.

Take note members of the Original Family. The Salvatore Brothers know how to be a family, even though they spend most of their time denying that they care about each other at all. As opposed to all of you, who talk about family insistently, but your actions generally say otherwise. Loved Rebekah's line "the Salvatore's may fight like dogs, but they'd die for each other. They know what it means to be family."

Stefan finally had to face the facts tonight. Elena never stopped loving him, but she did start loving Damon.

Caroline and Matt made quite a little team. Though I really had to laugh when they crossbowed Finn and then slammed the kitchen door like that would keep Sage out if she wanted to come after them? Really? I don't think she needs an invite to get into the basement of a restaurant.

I liked this episode, and was excited to see things starting to get back on track. Of course, it would have been better with Elijah. I hope he comes back soon.

Edited by KatTV, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:48 PM.

Poquoson

Poquoson

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

I also thought this was a very good episode, certainly better than the last few we've seen. Creating a bloodline link now puts everyone at risk and not just Elena, and that is really, really refreshing. The Scoobie Gang should also congratulate themselves - who knows how many vampires they killed by staking Mamma's Boy Finn! Bummer this was the first episode he actually looked attractive.

Bonnie is so totally gonna lose it and go dark side. Sweet.

BUT...I don't understand why everyone is always leaving Alaric alone -- icky magical tea aside, they really should have been a little more suspicious about his sudden cure and stuck him in the dungeon for a few days.

And I am getting a little tired of other characters telling Elena and Damon that they love each other (Isobel in S1, Stefan tonight). Um, if they really are in love, develop it onscreen, don't shortcut it with pure exposition.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

I'm psyched about the possibility of DarkBonnie. I actually think she's been heading gradually in that direction for awhile, so it'll feel like an organic development for me. I also think it'll make the character more interesting and just plain fun.

ITA with those who adored Caroline in this episode. I'm also surprising myself by how much I'm enjoying Matt this season (though I've actually always had a strange fondness for the guy.)

I like Elena, but even *I'm* tiring of other characters clunkily reminding us that she's Gandhi-esque in her uniquely beautiful compassion!

I actually liked last week's episode better, but this show is still compelling, entertaining TV for me even when it's sub-par (which it's admittedly been for the majority of this season!)

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

I have to say I like the Old School, kill Daddy vamp or Moma vamp and baby vamps die too. But I thought Katherine drank Trevor's blood not Rose. I really liked Rebekah and Bonnie in this episode. Can we give up on the whole let's kill the Originals?!

I wish they would. I hate the idea that Damon wanted to kill Rebecca out of all the originals. Damon clearly have not respect for women who are not name Elena. I am finding him less and less appealing.

I love Finn and Sage,and wish the weren't killed so soon. I loved Sage beating the crap out of Stefan. He truly deserve it. Him,and Damon both deserve to get their butt kick.

I love the twist,although I knew it was coming. Kill one original they sire dies with them. I glad Caroline remember that Tyler was sire by Klaus. Personally, I do not think Tyler should have to die so that Elena do not have to donate blood to Klaus. Klaus is no longer out to kill Elena,and I do not see her giving him her blood as something anyone should risk their lives to prevent.

Eh. Elena was willing to die so that Bonnie wouldn't in last year's final episodes. I mean, yeah - Bonnie has a crap deal, but let's not forget that Elena put her friend's life before her own.

True. However that was season 2 Elena. If Elena really did care so much about her friends,she would not have allowed all of them to be in on the lets kill Klaus plan. She would tell Damon and Stefan, "Hey since Klaus is no longer out to kill me, and he just want my blood. I think I should just give it to him because my friends are more important to me,and I'm not willing to risk any of their lives so that I will not have to donate blood. It's not worth the risk. ...but instead Elena went along with the let's kill Klaus plan,and Matt , human Matt was even involved.

Now we're talking! Did anybody check up on Bonnie for crying out? Also, I hate the way Bonnie gets no love from anyone (except Caroline) unless they need her for something (and not even then I guess) yet various characters use her loyalty and love for her friends to force her to do things she doesn't want to do and really shouldn't concern her. Even in S1 she was kidnapped by Anna and her boyfriend who threatened to kill Elena if she didn't oblige, and Bonnie did everything she could to protect her friend, same in S2, same thing now. When will anybody thank her sincerely and save her for a change? Put her first for a second? Not holding my breath.

The only time they check on Bonnie is when they need a spell. I do not recall them ever saying I sorry to Bonnie,nor have any of them said thank you. I hated that Bonnie was concern for Damon. Why? Damon treats Bonnie like crap, yet she was concern about him? I understand Bonnie is a nice person, but come on.

I like that Klaus cares about his little sister. Finn point out that Rebecca is the only family member Klaus cares about. I also glad that Stefan came to realize that he has been acting like a jerk lately...and most of all I glad that Stefan pointed out that Elena love Damon. Now if only someone would point out that they need to abandon their plan to kill Klaus.

marysue22

marysue22

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

Is it wrong that I wanted Sage to beat the everloving hell out of Stefan, Caroline, and especially Elena? I just don't think the writer's intentions were to have anyone want the protagonists beat silly.

Tahitian Moon

Tahitian Moon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Finally this show is back. I have been bored to tears the last few weeks (So over the triangle) but put the originals onscreen and I'm in. Love the bloodline twist and am so glad that they finally admitted that there is no reason to kill Klaus. I just want Bonnie to run off to Denver, but barring that I want her to take everybody down. Her breakdown was really well down. My only quibble was that I missed Elijah.

ComeWhatMay

ComeWhatMay

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

Stefan finally had to face the facts tonight. Elena never stopped loving him, but she did start loving Damon.

I never cared for Stefan & Elena together & even I felt for Stefan there. I think once Elena let Damon into her heart, there was no going back to Stefan & Elena as before. Like Rebekah said, Stefan & Damon will fight like dogs, but they know what family is. I think the real deal breaker for Stefan & Elena is Elena loving Damon.

I hope Elijah is the Original at the root of the NSDR. The others could go if it were up to me. Hey, if they want Caroline romanced by an Original, why not Elijah? The Caroline I saw tonight has more than earned her fairytale vampire life.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

Just something that I never thought I would say: one of Matt's lines made me genuinely laugh tonight. It was toward the beginning of the episode. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something like 'Do I really have a say in this?' in response to Damon telling the others why they should be involved in this plan. I still don't like Matt, but tonight he was tolerable.

Ok, before I read one of the posts here, I was furious at Stefan for being so cold and not wanting to go save his own brother just for his kill-Klaus plan. However, after some time to process the episode and then one of the comments pointing out that killing Klaus like they planned would have saved Damon's life (of course before the Bonnie reveal happened) and Elena wouldn't have stupidly gotten herself killed, I changed my mind about him. I really do like how Stefan willingly gave up the stakes (some of them, anyways. And they probably should have kept all four just in case) to save Damon afterall.

Now I guess I just don't find Joseph Morgan all that sinister and evil-like so I didn't totally buy Klaus' evil, but at least he's not some wuss like most of this season. Sadly, I know we're gonna go back to pony-drawing, Caroline-obsessing Klaus by next episode. But this is the kind of badassery I want to see from a hyped up villain.

I never really liked Finn or Sage, so good riddance to them. Although Sage's last moments were pretty awesome.

Oh darn. I really WAS hoping Jeremy was fighting vampires, Buffy style with Tyler by his side. Damn. He actually is playing with dogs in a park. And when did Kol become buddy-buddy with Klaus? I guess it's just because of the linkage spell and all that, but would he have actually killed Jeremy for Klaus' sake? But at least we know where Kol is hanging (and is he gonna befriend Jeremy now that he's in Denver? Will Klaus still get Kol to stay in Denver just in case?). Oh well, yay for another Jeremy cameo, even if it's on a phone!

I did like Elena in the episode, surprisingly. I loved her conversation with Caroline and am happy she admitted out loud that nobody chose to be who they are, not even Tyler or Caroline herself. I like this Elena. Of course as soon as I saw that Elena/Damon 'dream'and Elena/Stefan scene, I cringed.

Oh Alaric. You and Damon's bromance is so epic. When Damon mentioned to Elena that Alaric was indecent, before I figured out it was a lie, I was wondering why Damon was allowed to be in the room with a naked Alaric. Of course, my mind then went to all sorts of dirty places until I figured out that he was lying. And I laughed at Damon being so annoyed at Alaric's alter ego stealing the stake. I wonder where he could have put it. My first thought went to Damon's bathroom (not for anything dirty, but because of the mention of the moonstone) but then I thought, would Alaric's alter ego maybe hide it in plain sight, like Damon did? But where? I just wanna know where that stake went to, because I doubt it's in Alaric's apartment.

But overall, besides the painful Stefan/Elena scene (sadly, I'm over them) and some other scenes, I really did love the episode.

Oh yeah; I love the Bonnie breakdown scene. I've never been a fan of Bonnie but Katerina made me feel for Bonnie in that scene and I loved it. She deserved that breakdown (and I am also surprised that Plec left that in). Being kidnapped by Klaus, having Jeremy and her mom threatened and with everything that happened, it's no wonder she broke down. I'm surprised she stayed strong as long as she did. And Elena? STFU. Although it was a good idea to worry why Bonnie wasn't calling, at the same time Bonnie didn't need to call. I don't blame Bonnie one bit for taking some space from Elena. She needs it. Bonnie, go to Denver and take a vacation with Jeremy.

Zeke33

Zeke33

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

Well,that really was a pathetic episode. And boring. Another lame failure to kill Klaus. These people are as inept as the Coyote in the Road Runner cartoons. I almost expected Stefan to drag out a big crate marked ACME ORIGINAL KILLING STAKES, fall over a cliff while chasing Klaus, have an anvil fall on his head, and get blown up by dynamite. They could have at least killed Rebekah,who sucks even more than Klaus. In fact, I have to admit Klaus was actually sort of entertaining tonight. He earned the right to live a few more episodes,I suppose. As long as he's dead by the end of the season.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

double post

Edited by Crucial, Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:55 PM.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

Is it wrong that I wanted Sage to beat the everloving hell out of Stefan, Caroline, and especially Elena? I just don't think the writer's intentions were to have anyone want the protagonists beat silly.

I so wanted that, except for maybe Caroline, but Stefan for sure and add a little Elena too.

Edited by Crucial, Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:54 PM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Nope, I wanted that too. I love Sage kicking Stefan butt. I just wish it was longer.

Finally this show is back. I have been bored to tears the last few weeks (So over the triangle) but put the originals onscreen and I'm in. Love the bloodline twist and am so glad that they finally admitted that there is no reason to kill Klaus. I just want Bonnie to run off to Denver, but barring that I want her to take everybody down. Her breakdown was really well down. My only quibble was that I missed Elijah.

They haven't admitted their no reason to kill Klaus. Their only concern was who bloodline did Stefan and Damon come from. Nevermind that killing Klaus would kill Tyler as well.

Ok, before I read one of the posts here, I was furious at Stefan for being so cold and not wanting to go save his own brother just for his kill-Klaus plan. However, after some time to process the episode and then one of the comments pointing out that killing Klaus like they planned would have saved Damon's life (of course before the Bonnie reveal happened) and Elena wouldn't have stupidly gotten herself killed, I changed my mind about him. I really do like how Stefan willingly gave up the stakes (some of them, anyways. And they probably should have kept all four just in case) to save Damon afterall.

Elena wasn't in danger of being killed. Klaus is not out to kill Elena. Right now Elena is the safest person in mystic fall, since Klaus will not let anyone harm her. So her going over Klaus house would have been o.k since she knows he will not kill her.

Suspectno1

Suspectno1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

They haven't admitted their no reason to kill Klaus. Their only concern was who bloodline did Stefan and Damon come from. Nevermind that killing Klaus would kill Tyler as well.

Lol, I love how they were only thinking about the brothers, but what about the other good vampires out there? I guess the vampires who are in the same bloodline as the brothers will be lucky.

I was waiting for Bonnie to breakdown, I felt really bad for her, it is really sad how alone she really is, there is way too much weight on her shoulders. Katerina did a really good job.

Tabby Cat

Tabby Cat

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Loved Rebekah's line "the Salvatore's may fight like dogs, but they'd die for each other. They know what it means to be family."

Looks like Becky's finally getting a clue. Nice to see her rebel against Klaus just a bit by turning Damon loose. How many times has Klaus daggered her and kept her in a coffin for decades, even centuries, and she still follows him around like a puppy when he lets her out? This is a girl who likes to be out there, doing things (even if it is cheerleading squad and homecoming dances, kind of weird for a former viking who is centuries old but still). My point is, Klaus has robbed her of that for so long and there's no real anger there. None of them are truly angry at Klaus and I just don't get that. I can't imagine spending 900 freaking years in a coffin, daggered by my brother of all people, and they just seem to pick up where they left off. Apparently, Kol is running errands for Klaus in Denver. Why are they not seriously pissed? Eh. And there's nothing worse than a villain who can't be killed, who knows every move you make practically before you do, and is always one step ahead of you. How does he know where Jeremy is? How does he know Bonnie's mom is a new vampire and that Damon turned her?

And oh, the love triangle...we already know that Katherine truly loves Stefan, so let's pair those two up and then let Damon and Elena pair up, and we'll be done with this. Kat could control Ripper Stefan, no problem.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

I havent been the biggest fan of the Originals storyline, but after tonight, I take back every negative thing I said. The idea that killing them will kill off all their decendant vampires...COOL! Although I have to admit, once I figured out that Sage died because of that, I had a laugh out loud moment imagining thousands of vampires suddenly dropping dead all over the world with their friends standing around going "WTF?!". Hee!

Lila82

Lila82

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

This is a girl who likes to be out there, doing things (even if it is cheerleading squad and homecoming dances, kind of weird for a former viking who is centuries old but still). My point is, Klaus has robbed her of that for so long and there's no real anger there. None of them are truly angry at Klaus and I just don't get that.

Well, Finn was suicidal and I don't trust Kol. I'm sure there's another agenda there, or he's being practical and doing what Klaus asks to keep from dying; he does still think they're tied together, or did when he was Klaus's errand boy.

As for Rebekah: I don't think she likes to do things so much as she just wants to belong. She was given eternal life, but as a predator. Her natural instinct is to do harm and emotions are either foreign, uncomfortable, or a nuisance. She clings to Klaus because he's family, because he makes her a part of something, because he's something that won't leave her. She tries to be a cheerleader, to take physics, to attend dances because being a normal high school student means inclusion. Has anyone really wanted her? Her mother made her a monster, her father tried to kill her, Stefan left her...for all his flaws, Klaus does always come back to her.

I like though how she's seeing that all families are dysfunctional in their own ways, hers is also destructive. It's force of habit that keeps the Mikaelsons together while true emotions bond the Salvatores...even if I do question if if it's love or guilt. Or a bit of both.

Loved Caroline taking responsibility for killing that carnival worker. She is the wisest of them all. Which is why I totally do not buy that she thought Sage died of a broken heart. VampireBarbie! is not that dumb. The moment Sage dropped and turned a sickly shade of green, it was pretty obvious what had happened.

Jeremy! Come back to us! Preferably as a vampire slayer!