The Price Is Right (Australia): Ten Chances?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1 reply to this topic

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

Returning next month in an unknown timeslot, probably 5:30 with Deal or No Deal moving to 5. And with Larry again.

Classy move dedicating the first episode to Turps. I haven't seen too much of his version (being born after it was cancelled), but I think he's really an even better host than Larry is. And Larry's already better than Drew Carey and (arguably) Bob Barker.

The other important factor? It's going to be filmed in Sydney instead of Melbourne (and for Seven instead of Nine), which makes it highly likely we'll be getting a bunch of different games instead of just repainting the old sets like they did with the last version. We'll definitely be getting at least four games back - there's no way they're doing this without Hole In One, Cliff Hangers, or Bump, and probably not without One Dollar Deal - and they really should add the aforementioned Ten Chances as an in-joke about the show itself's reboots. I'm sure we'll probably keep Temptation and get the obnoxiously-difficult Pay The Rent to keep the budget in check while making it look like they're competing with Hot Seat, but I wonder what else there will be.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:48 AM

Aside from the Ian Turpie tribute, that was awful. Sheer, unadulterated awful.