South Beach Tow

• Please log in to reply

38 replies to this topic

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

I can't be the only one who watches this show? It's Parking Wars with more (staged, perhaps) drama, repossessions and more likeable characters (and scary ones like Bernice) than Operacion Repo.

It comes on Wednesdays at 10pm EST on TruTV.

From Executive Producer JENNIFER LOPEZ: South Beach Tow takes you inside the action-packed world of Tremont Towing, a family business set in beautiful South Beach, Miami. With 8 million people coming to party every year, the city is swamped with cars and crazy drivers and there aren't even close to enough parking spaces for all of them. The Tremont team may be a family, but the dollar reigns supreme, making for hilarious confrontations and unpredictable situations. The action is always hot on South Beach Tow. Source

deadpanlady

deadpanlady

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

I am ashamed to say we watch it in our house, lol! Deadpanman is amused by it, but I can't get on board with scriptedness or general buffoonery. Can't deal with Christie's nasal whine (and abundant tats on her abundant flesh), Jerome, Berniece, the guy that's huge but always getting his ass kicked, the dad, and the caricature car owners. Although, if it were real, a lot of those pompous assholes deserve to get their vehicles towed.

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

I'm not watching because, as a Miami girl, I know that Tremont Towing is a bunch of con artists. And they've got connections to police, etc., that let them get away with it. Half the cars they grab are illegal tows, doubt those are the ones shown. You can't kick the beach sand without hitting someone who's car was towed by Tremont, often under very questionable circumstances. But you have to pay up regardless.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

I loved the guy who complained that "Tremont Towing" put up a 'No Parking' sign after he had already parked his car there. It's always a conspiracy by the towing company/Parking Authority that your car is towed, (eye-roll)

Edited by livinggreen, Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:39 AM.

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

@living green - Believe it or not, crazy stuff like that happens in Miami, and with Tremont, you never know!

FriedButter

FriedButter

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 4:24 AM

Gimme a break. Actuality? What a joke. They just showed the large black woman ripping off and throwing a car door. What is she, the Incredible Hulk?

built

built

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

Awesome show. It only took one episode to convince me to get a TIVO Season Pass.

LOVED where she dropped that nasty little princess in the dumpster...and then went after the boyfriend demanding, "Gimme mah money! Gimme mah money!"

Priceless. Love this show.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

This show is so much better then "Operation Repo". I am in awe of Bernice because that can't possibly be a real women. That has to be a dude.

built

built

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

"Bernice just took out the trash!"

YAY, Bernice!

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

This show is hilarious.

orangemm

orangemm

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

My guilty pleasure!

You go, Bernice! I'd like to see her team up with Sonia, from Operation Repo. What a pair they would make.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

You go, Bernice! I'd like to see her team up with Sonia, from Operation Repo. What a pair they would make.

Holy crap.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

Guilty pleasure, indeed.

Ugh. Can't stand that pig. That would be one scary ass duo.

I just caught a clip of what looks like a most recent episode...Are they seriously out in the Everglades? LOL I can't even.

I hope they get paid well for all this fuckery.

escapingreality

escapingreality

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

LOVED where she dropped that nasty little princess in the dumpster...

YES!!!! That was THE.BEST. moment! That little princess beyotch soooo deserved it.

Edited by escapingreality, May 3, 2012 @ 12:09 AM.

CK1Czar

CK1Czar

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

This show is so scripted. The chick that she thew in the trash used to work with me. That's not even her real boyfriend.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

When they went out to the Everglades, you can clearly see that they are being filmed by a camera crew following them. Why couldn't the camera crew 'rescue' them from the swamp with their boat? And the one where Bernice ripped the car door off it's hinges trying to get the $2.00 whore out

Really?

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

I don't know how they come up with these storylines but the one with the chick who jumped in the tow truck while Bernice and Senior (I forgot his name) were trying to hook the Escalade in cracked me up. The best part was watching the woman on the phone inside the truck trying to figure out how to let the truck down, unbeknownst to her Bernice was sneaking up behind her in the back mirror. Bernice dragged and tossed her out of the driver's seat window. I couldn't breathe.

The ex-con that trashed the office and jumped the fence was crazy, though.

annetteFHorn

annetteFHorn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 8:16 AM

I know there's not really any point in asking this, but: what is up with these people who are willing to commit assault in front of a camera crew? Either the show is totally scripted (or those parts are anyway), or there really are that many people who have the self-control of two-year-olds, and I'm not sure which I find sadder.

That said, I did enjoy the 16-year-old with her pink BMW, and I enjoyed the scene where they called Animal Control because a woman had left her $3000 dog in her car. In Miami. During the day.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

Commit assault in front of a camera crew? When the director says "action".......

You play your part.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

Guess I am the only one still watching this ? This show is turning into the 'Hardcore Pawn' of towing shows by the way Black people are portrayed. Obese Black family- mom/dad/adult kids, all come into the Tow office to ask if they could wait out the storm and they immediately take out a radio and a bottle of Vodka and the booty shaking is on. WTH! Really?

Sigh!

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I haven't watched in a while but Bernice is scary yet fascinating at the same time. She suffers no fools.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

Fake of course, but I really like J-Money and Bernice.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

When "J-Money" was talking to Bernice's mother and Bernice was pissed off about it, she say something like 'don't be mackin on my mother, you don't see me trying to mack on your mother'

Bernice said-"YOUR MOTHER" not your father.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

Hee. No surprise there.

citychic

citychic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Count me in as a Bernice fan.
There is a clip posted on facebook of a scene where Robert gets knocked down, Bernice knocks the guy and helps Robert up. When they got back into the truck Robert says "You supposed to be my backup!" Bernice says "I was your backup, didn't your ass get back up after I knocked his ass down?"
She cracks me up!

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

My dh and I watch this in the mornings before he leaves for work. This show is funny as hell esp with the new guy Dave kosgrove.

Everyone on this show is HUGE!!!!   Except Perez of course.

This show is beyond ridiculous. lol

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2013 @ 3:24 PM

This show is funny as hell esp with the new guy Dave kosgrove.

I didn't think I'd like him at first but his delivery cracks me up! I get a kick out of how Bernice always has him tag along and helping her out in some scheme.

Riverbend

Riverbend

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 19, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

For me it's just too fake to be funny. Bernice could not fall what looked like 2 stories from a parking garage and not have life threatening injuries much less go right back to work. The tattoed lady put the wedding ring in a cup for safe keeping and Kosgrove drank the ring. The two strippers working in Miami Animal Control and chasing a cougar locked Kosgrove in a dog pen for like 6 hours. It's endless. I'd probably watch it again if I knew when it was on. IF this Blog Link is not permitted just tell me

rubyredjewel

rubyredjewel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 9:24 PM

It's beyond obvious that the customers are actors or just folks grabbed off the street paid  to play customers! I just watched a marathon of this show and Bernice has assaulted 5 or more people! If this was real there would be no more show because everyone would be suing the owners & the production company. Especially the guy who was tazered by her friend!  Then there's  the family that had their car repo'd while they were shopping. The owner's son & J Money are on that one. The father tells them a ludicrous story about not paying his car note (never paid a penny) because he's grieving after his wife went  overboard on a cruise ship. She  then comes walking out the store with their daughter & son who are both huge.. The son is carrying a big screen tv. The  owner's son  pushes him down and he falls on the tv and the box is  so tore up the tv has to be damaged. Nothing is said about it. Then in another show a tropical storm is coming and a family comes in and asks for shelter in the tiny foyer  space of the tow company. Just happens this is the very  same family that had the car repo'd and their tv broken. I'm not going to bother asking why 4 large people think it's safe to stay in a tiny foyer.  They immediately break out a bottle of booze , hit the button on a cd player and start dancing and yelling we goin' to partay! You'd think they would say something about the tow company's employee who broke their tv?? Too, too phoney! But really funny. Everyone is very entertaining.

Edited by rubyredjewel, Jan 2, 2014 @ 1:18 AM.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2014 @ 10:20 PM

Watched the marathon today.  First time viewing but I will be back.  This show had me rolling.