Couples Therapy: X Gonna Give It to Ya!

• Please log in to reply

1741 replies to this topic

ncw12371

ncw12371

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

From the producers of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew," "Couples Therapy" is the first reality show to examine firsthand the real life experiences of a group of buzzed-about couples. For some of these couples, living under constant scrutiny from the media and fans makes it increasingly hard for them to stay together and VH1 wants to see why they can't seem to go the distance. These five couples at a crossroads in their relationships will join together for 21 days as they undergo intensive relationship therapy. Under the guidance of Dr. Jenn Berman, a nationally renowned relationship therapist, the couples will participate in group and individual therapy along with relationship exercises out in the "real world" to see if they can rekindle the love they used to have for one another -- or if it's simply time for them to move on.

Couples: Angelina (Jersey Shore) & Chris (was on Next Food Network Star), DMX & Tashera, Linda (Hulk Hogan's ex) & Charlie, Vienna (The Bacherlor) & Kasey (The Bachelorette) and Reichen (Amazing Race) and Rodiney.

I can't believe noone's posted about this show yet. This may be the first VH1 therapy show that actually looks real. I was impressed with Dr. Jen, she seems to actually want to help these couples and delve into real issues in their relationships.

DMX is a mess, run Tashera, run. He just told you he will not stop sleeping with other women until his dick falls off. Then he said he never wanted to get married in the first place, and told you to STFU. What more evidence do you need that this relationship is done. I felt bad for her, because she seems like a nice, pretty rational person, who deserves better. I liked Linda & Charlie, but I think she's right about not being able to give him the life and family he wants. He is 29 years younger than her, and she's got kids his age, crazy. Not sure what's up with Angelina & Chris, and don't really care. Vienna and Kasey were intersting. Why wouldn't she say what he did to her. It sounded like domestic violence, but she wouldn't be specific. Tell me more.

luckyroll3

luckyroll3

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

DMX is a mess, run Tashera, run. He just told you he will not stop sleeping with other women until his dick falls off. Then he said he never wanted to get married in the first place, and told you to STFU. What more evidence do you need that this relationship is done. I felt bad for her, because she seems like a nice, pretty rational person, who deserves better.

I think DMX needs to first get treated for the crack addiction he's had since the age of 14 before he can work on any relationship issues. I don't really feel that bad for his wife, because it is just more enabling behavior on her part. She married him knowing he had a crack problem and continues to stay with him through the drug issues, subsequent arrests and the cheating. It's time for her to start worrying about her and her kids instead of this fool.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

I saw Tashera interviewed on The Breakfast Club, and idk...she seems so different than X. Very calm, laid back, sweet. From what I gathered, they basically did the show for $$, not because they really want to save their marriage. She made it clear that the ship has sailed and sailed a really long time ago, and that they are friends, and that she knew going into the VH1 show that they weren't going to reconcile. Too much anger and pain. Tashera did repeatedly mention that they had children together and that is a big reason why she stayed as long as she did. Glad she bounced.

ncw12371

ncw12371

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info, PharmGal, glad to hear that, too. DMX also clearly has a drinking problem. Who rolls into therapy with a half full bottle of Henessy, and continues to sneak drinks after being told that alcohol and drugs are not permitted.

Edited by ncw12371, Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:10 PM.

ToodyWoody

ToodyWoody

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

DMX is a mess, run Tashera, run. He just told you he will not stop sleeping with other women until his dick falls off. Then he said he never wanted to get married in the first place, and told you to STFU. What more evidence do you need that this relationship is done. I felt bad for her, because she seems like a nice, pretty rational person, who deserves better. I liked Linda & Charlie, but I think she's right about not being able to give him the life and family he wants. He is 29 years younger than her, and she's got kids his age, crazy. Not sure what's up with Angelina & Chris, and don't really care. Vienna and Kasey were intersting. Why wouldn't she say what he did to her. It sounded like domestic violence, but she wouldn't be specific. Tell me more.

DMX and his constant licking of his lips had me distracted, other than the yelling. He needs to go on the same show with Renee from Mob Wives and Evelyn from Basketball Wives. Thought the dude was going to come unglued on the show. He needs to stop his drinking and drugging first before he goes on here to try to work on his relationship.

I agree with Linda about Charlie and I know it must be hard on her to realize that here is this younger dude and he deserves his own family and kids and she's too old to give him that.

Angelina and Chris, sounds like some domestic stuff is going to come up in later weeks. She has always come off as a hot head to me and I can totally see her beating him up. Chris I don't know enough about because he didn't really show me anything on his show.

Vienna and Kasey, I don't know what is up there. I am in no way saying that she didn't get hit or kicked or whatever, just seems that EVERY guy is MEAN to her. Does she go for the bad guys that are going to beat her up or does she over inflate everything. I don't know all the dynamics of her and Jake's relationship but she came off of that relationship as 'he is so mean to me'. I guess what I am trying to say is that it seems to me if you raise your voice or have an agrument with her she is going to fall apart. So it seems to me that she needs to have her head examined too. Now if Kasey really did hit her then we have another problem there all together. But I think the slightest little agrument (as in yelling or bickering or discussing) has her crying wolf.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

DMX has no business in couples therapy and the therapist should know better than to try to counsel anyone about relationship problems when addiction is the primary problem. Everything else is a symptom of the addiction including the abuse. I don't know if he has ever been physical with his ex, but the mental and verbal abuse was pretty damn obvious. He let it all out on camera. I can only imagine what has happened in private. What is the point with these two? Is the ex-wife wanting to give their relationship another chance? She divorced him, why go back? She is as addicted to him (and his money, however much is left) as he is to drugs and alcohol and obviously with sex. The guy has ten kids with various women, not just his ex. I imagine he is a walking case of STDs if not HIV.

Poetist

Poetist

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:33 AM

From what I gathered, they basically did the show for $$, not because they really want to save their marriage.

I was figuring that was the case, in which I can totally understand. I just wished she wasn't so humiliated by DMX.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

DMX has no business in couples therapy and the therapist should know better than to try to counsel anyone about relationship problems when addiction is the primary problem. Everything else is a symptom of the addiction including the abuse. I don't know if he has ever been physical with his ex, but the mental and verbal abuse was pretty damn obvious.

I agree with this. There's a saying when a person leaves rehab that first you get a plant, then a pet, then if you can take care of those things, you can have a relationship. DMX is an addict and any person who gets involved with an active addict needs help themselves.

Also, Angelina, please. What a famewhore! She was on two episodes of JS in season 1 and like two times in season 2. She needs to go away and try to have a normal life. Maybe she'll get a nice guy if she stops playing the fame game.

Edited by EndoKE, Mar 27, 2012 @ 9:17 AM.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

I was going to start a topic since I was also surprised I couldn't find it on here (googled Couples Therapy twop and everything!), so happy to finally see one!

It was super obvious that DMX wasn't doing it for any therapy purposes, and seemed to have no idea what the situation actually was. The way he screamed on her was insane, what kind of man speaks to the mother of his kids that way on national television?? It was hilarious how all the other guests looks completely scared out of their minds once he started going apeshit. I thought X was getting his shit together, but I was wrong. Also, that orange shirt he had on the whole time I kept mistaking for a prison jumpsuit.

I just hope that he and his baby momma can walk away from this with something besides the money.

I was shocked to see Linda Hogan still with the young dude!

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

The thread title is awesome.

Last thing I need is another show to keep track of but I'll have to check this one out.

JenE4

JenE4

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

"Vienna and Kasey were intersting.Why wouldn't she say what he did to her. It sounded like domestic violence, but she wouldn't be specific. Tell me more."

""Not sure why I'm not seeing any embedded code for the quotation, but this is my first time posting on the new interface. {shrug} Anyway...

It's funny how Vienna completely hoodwinked Kasey into believing that Jake was this abusive boyfriend (as evidenced on Bachelor Pad), and now she's turing the exact same thing on him! Yet, he doesn't seem to have made the connection here that Vienna is the common denominator. In her allegations of "abuse," she said that Kasey pushed her off when she was on top of him. Why do I get the feeling that it wasn't exactly a loving moment and she was probably on top of him hitting him or pushing him down or something. I think in that case he has every right to shove her off of him to protect himself. (It doesn't seem like he backhanded her or something.) Vienna is as vicious as she is sensitive. Based on what we saw of her on Bachelor Pad, she will berate her man, seemingly for hours, but the second he has enough and snaps back, she bursts into tears that he's "abusive." I don't think she understands that women can be abusive, too. It seems like so far Dr. Berman (or does she go by Dr. Jen a la Dr. Phil or Dr. Drew?) is believing that Kasey is abusive, but I hope for Vienna's sake it does come to light that SHE'S abusive. Otherwise, she's going to play the victim in relationship after relationship in a destructive dynamic that she sets into motion time and again.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

I just hope that he and his baby momma can walk away from this with something besides the money.

She's not his baby momma, she's his WIFE. The baby mommas are what six other women? Who can keep track?

I think DMX was high on something the entire time, he seemed too twitchy.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

She's not his baby momma, she's his WIFE

She is his EX-wife. She had the strength to not put up with his shit and abusive ways by divorcing him. But here she is with him in couples counseling? WTH? Which is why I asked if she was wanting to get back with him. She divorced him, he said he never wanted to marry her, so why does he continue any sort of relationship with her if he wants to bang every piece of ass he can get? His only obligation is to pay child support and have some sort of relationship with his children with her, but with his sorry-addicted-ass, I find that to be impossible. Any relationship with his ex and the kids can't be a healthy one with addiction being the main issue.

The ex should get into counseling and find out why she is co-dependent and hanging on to this loser, get some self-esteem and learn overall not to fall into the same trap by hooking up with someone else who may have the same kind of problems.

Now that I think of it, wasn't DMX supposed to be on Celebrity Rehab but he ended up getting arrested and couldn't do the show?

Edited by kemon, Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:01 PM.

rlb8031

rlb8031

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

Which is why I asked if she was wanting to get back with him. She divorced him, he said he never wanted to marry her, so why does he continue any sort of relationship with her if he wants to bang every piece of ass he can get? His only obligation is to pay child support and have some sort of relationship with his children with her, but with his sorry-addicted-ass, I find that to be impossible. Any relationship with his ex and the kids can't be a healthy one with addiction being the main issue.

She still needs to be able to communicate effectively with him if he is going to have any type of relatioship with his children, so I can see why she would want to be in therapy even if she has no intentions of getting involved in a romantic relationship. She needs to know that she can trust him to not flip out and lose his *($ every time one of the kids does or says something, or she makes a request of him. He needs to be stable to be a good father and if one outcome of this therapy is some stability then she's done a good thing in getting him to participate.

While he may no longer be a crackhead, he clearly is still self-medicating to deal with some emotional/mental issues, so the more time he spends with any doctor or therapist talking about anything, the better off he'll be.

ToodyWoody

ToodyWoody

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

It's funny how Vienna completely hoodwinked Kasey into believing that Jake was this abusive boyfriend (as evidenced on Bachelor Pad), and now she's turing the exact same thing on him! Yet, he doesn't seem to have made the connection here that Vienna is the common denominator. In her allegations of "abuse," she said that Kasey pushed her off when she was on top of him. Why do I get the feeling that it wasn't exactly a loving moment and she was probably on top of him hitting him or pushing him down or something. I think in that case he has every right to shove her off of him to protect himself. (It doesn't seem like he backhanded her or something.) Vienna is as vicious as she is sensitive. Based on what we saw of her on Bachelor Pad, she will berate her man, seemingly for hours, but the second he has enough and snaps back, she bursts into tears that he's "abusive." I don't think she understands that women can be abusive, too. It seems like so far Dr. Berman (or does she go by Dr. Jen a la Dr. Phil or Dr. Drew?) is believing that Kasey is abusive, but I hope for Vienna's sake it does come to light that SHE'S abusive. Otherwise, she's going to play the victim in relationship after relationship in a destructive dynamic that she sets into motion time and again.

This is what I was trying to say upthread but you said it better. She will always be the victim and pout and say how mean he, the next, the last, whoever the guy is. And was that a preview I saw that she already had a new dude and hadn't told Kasey. HMMM, history repeating itself or what? Sounds like she just has them lined up and when the one doesn't bow down to her all the time, the next one steps up and history repeats itself over and over again.

purplediamond

purplediamond

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

The thread title made me lol. I haven't heard that song in a while.

If they're supposed to be in a treatment facility, why did nobody search their stuff? The whole alcohol thing seems like an annoying producer setup to me. There's even a bonus scene online about the Mysterious Pomegranate Juice.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

She still needs to be able to communicate effectively with him if he is going to have any type of relationship with his children, so I can see why she would want to be in therapy even if she has no intentions of getting involved in a romantic relationship.

Right, I get therapy to learn to co-parent and be involved in the lives of the kids they created however, DMX is an addict who needs to clean up his act first. This sort of therapy should come after rehab. Even the therapist told DMX that if he is under the influence, it is moot to even work with him because he is self-medicating. He is numbing everything out and not wanting to hear what the therapists will tell him. Has anyone ever tried to have a conversation with an addict? You are talking to a brick wall.

Effective communication is a great idea but only after DMX works on his addiction and what got him to that point. Rehab doesn't mean a thing if he and a therapist don't figure out why he ended up that way. It sounds like from the preview DMX had an abusive childhood.

He needs to be stable to be a good father and if one outcome of this therapy is some stability then she's done a good thing in getting him to participate.

If this show gets DMX to get his shit together, then more power to him. My feeling right now is the ex-wife brought him on the show to try and make him a better person so she could get back with him. I think she thinks she can help their relationship with counseling when the real problem is his addiction. I hope the therapists point this out to her and let her know that nothing will help them until he helps himself.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

When was this show taped? I thought recently X was all over the talk shows about how he was clean, found God etc. Could this show have been in the can for months?

Ditto with Charlie and Linda - I thought they had broken up w/in the last few months.

I hated Chris on NFNS, he deserves Angelina.

I hope Reichen doesn't sing - no wait, maybe I need a good laugh. Rod-i-ney's mangling of the English language should make for some good times. Who is the bigger famewhore in this relationship? I used to think Reichen, but now I'm not so sure. God I miss the A-List /shakes fist at Mediacom.

Good job with thread title - this is one of the better ones that I've seen in awhile.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

Vienna and Kasey, I don't know what is up there. I am in no way saying that she didn't get hit or kicked or whatever, just seems that EVERY guy is MEAN to her. Does she go for the bad guys that are going to beat her up or does she over inflate everything. I don't know all the dynamics of her and Jake's relationship but she came off of that relationship as 'he is so mean to me'.

I think she may just be into that kind of guy. I'm not going to say she hasn't been mistreated, because I wouldn't know, but Jake came off as a colossal prick after their season of "the Bachelor" aired. He was dismissive, rude, harsh and abrasive during the "reunion", and she seemed genuinely horrified by his behavior. However, she might also think she had a ticket to getting whatever she wants because of the very public shit-storm between herself and Jake.

DMX and ex-Mrs....X was a sight to behold. She just looks tired of his ass, and seems to know nothing will come of it. X was playing childish games with the bottle, and if he ever gets sober, he will probably realize he looks like a jackass. But he'd have to get sober first.

Linda and Charlie were who I actually came to see. I love pro-wrestling, but wasn't a fan of Hulk Hogan's, so I was more likely to listen to some of the stuff Linda alleged went on in her marriage than other wrestling fans. I also thought Charlie was a fling, so I'm surprised it was still going on as of this taping. Linda seems like her heart is in the right place, and seems to know what to do, I think she just needs to get her courage up to let Charlie go.

Reichen and Rodiney already broke up, I thought. The whole second season of "The A-List: New York" was about them being exes, so I'm trying to figure out why they're here. Another "pay-check couple" trying to "work it out".

Angelina and Chris are the couple I couldn't care less about. I don't watch either show, and what little I've heard about each of them sounds like they're just in it for the check, too.

Yep, Linda and Charlie are the only ones I'm even halfway invested in.

Edited by AtlanticVamp, Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:51 PM.

ncw12371

ncw12371

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

Thanks for getting and enjoying the thread title, but I knew y'all would.

@noluvnoluck: Ha ha ha, I almost spit out my coffee with that orange t-shirt comment. He also killed me by comparing therapy to prison.

@JenE4: Thanks for the insight into Vienna. I've never seen The Bachelor, Bachelorette or Bachelor Pad. Kasey seemed really into her, but judging from upcoming eps, looks like the feeling is not mutual.

Leara83

Leara83

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

I watched this show mainly for Reichen and Rodiney because I watched A List New York (yea I know but don't judge me), so I was really disappointed to find they wouldn't be showing up until the next week. I feel bad for them already because not only will they be the only gay couple on the show, but they will be arriving after the other couples have had a chance to bond with each other. That just seems like a recipe for them being snubbed, but we'll see.

DMX acts like a spoiled little child to me. Someone better drug test his urine cuz he's very clearly on something. The way he acts all antsy reminds me of someone who's 5 minutes late to meet his drug dealer. And the incident with him sitting there going "MMM THIS IS SOME GOOD JUICE. I AM ONE SATISFIED JUICE DRINKER" I mean come on! I don't know what his wife sees in him, and I did find it interesting that she calls him by his rap/stage name instead of whatever his birth name is.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

Right, I get therapy to learn to co-parent and be involved in the lives of the kids they created however, DMX is an addict who needs to clean up his act first. This sort of therapy should come after rehab. Even the therapist told DMX that if he is under the influence, it is moot to even work with him because he is self-medicating. He is numbing everything out and not wanting to hear what the therapists will tell him. Has anyone ever tried to have a conversation with an addict? You are talking to a brick wall.

I agree. To me, DMX looked and acted like he's on something, of course the therapy isn't going to work on someone who's an active addict. He had to get sober first before couples therapy. But X was correct when he told Mrs. X that she knew what he was when she married him. Mrs. X sounds like one of these women who feels that their love will "change" their men. Not true. People only change when they want to change. And from what I can see DMX doesn't feel he needs to change.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

But X was correct when he told Mrs. X that she knew what he was when she married him. Mrs. X sounds like one of these women who feels that their love will "change" their men. Not true. People only change when they want to change. And from what I can see DMX doesn't feel he needs to change.

This.

How many girls do you see with stupid guys and they think they are the one who will get their guy to change? Why do you hook up with a guy and expect him to change? Hook up with a dude that has his shit together! Mrs. Ex-DMX basically told DMX that she didn't mind what he was when she married him. People like DMX throw that, "You knew what I was when you hooked up with me" line because they go by the person's actions...and the person's actions told them they loved them no matter what they are. So why should they change? If you hooked up with them when they were all fucked up, you have no right to complain later.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

kemon

But X was correct when he told Mrs. X that she knew what he was when she married him. Mrs. X sounds like one of these women who feels that their love will "change" their men. Not true. People only change when they want to change. And from what I can see DMX doesn't feel he needs to change.

I agree up to a point, speaking from experience. My first marriage was with someone who I knew smoked pot recreationally, and though I knew he smoked a little, I didn't know he spent all of his time baked until we got married. He scaled back around me, until the ring was on my hand, and THEN he pulled the "You knew this when we met!" card.

And this is where I dissent. Some addicts know they have to pull their crap together in order to function at a job, to socialize, to date, and some manage to get it together just enough to make you think it is a recreational thing. I think X is one of those, because he was able to have a music career, do a couple of movies, and you'd think he would be able to manage. Maybe he was able to manage.

But I agree with you, kemon, that a lot of women think they're able to change a man with their "unconditional love". I have a cruder way to explain it: Some women think pussy is magic.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

I agree up to a point, speaking from experience. My first marriage was with someone who I knew smoked pot recreationally, and though I knew he smoked a little, I didn't know he spent all of his time baked until we got married. He scaled back around me, until the ring was on my hand, and THEN he pulled the "You knew this when we met!" card.

And this is where I dissent. Some addicts know they have to pull their crap together in order to function at a job, to socialize, to date, and some manage to get it together just enough to make you think it is a recreational thing. I think X is one of those, because he was able to have a music career, do a couple of movies, and you'd think he would be able to manage. Maybe he was able to manage.

A true addict can scale back, but not for very long. It might have been recreational when you met the guy, but sometimes recreational use turns to addiction, not always, but sometimes. For me, I wouldn't date a guy I knew was smoking pot because I don't drink or use drugs.

As for Mrs X, that's different. X said that there was a girl at his house and he told Mrs. X that he was sleeping with her. I mean if a guy tells you he's sleeping around, what makes you think he'll stop if he marries you? Mrs. X probably thought her love could change him, or he'll change when we're married. Bullshit, if he cheated on you when you dated, he'll cheat on you when you're married. It's not 100% true, but it's mostly true.

Edited by EndoKE, Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:38 PM.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

I have a cruder way to explain it: Some women think pussy is magic.

*stomping my feet* YES! That is the very thing I say whenever my girlfriends and I rag about some chick who thinks they have what it takes to keep their man. Sad, my girlfriends and I used to joke around and say that about the late Whitney Houston when she was with Bobby Brown.

X said that there was a girl at his house and he told Mrs. X that he was sleeping with her. I mean if a guy tells you he's sleeping around, what makes you think he'll stop if he marries you? Mrs. X probably thought her love could change him, or he'll change when we're married. Bullshit, if he cheated on you when you dated, he'll cheat on you when you're married. It's not 100% true, but it's mostly true

Get outta my head because you keep posting what I am thinking.

Mrs. X at least got the heads up from her man: I love pussy. If a guy tells you that, ain't no way will one woman ever satisfy him.

I wonder if DMX cleaned up his act, would his desire for sex also diminish? A lot of addicts tend to have sexual appetites that cannot be controlled because alcohol and/or drugs heighten the urge for sex.

Some addicts know they have to pull their crap together in order to function at a job, to socialize, to date, and some manage to get it together just enough to make you think it is a recreational thing. I think X is one of those, because he was able to have a music career, do a couple of movies, and you'd think he would be able to manage. Maybe he was able to manage.

That may be because people, like an employer, won't tolerate the bullshit that the addict can dish out to others like a spouse. A record producer, agent, movie director, etc. is going to lay it out there what they expect and won't tolerate any nonsense. Mrs. X has shown she will tolerate what DMX dishes out. He can cheat on her, drink, do drugs, because he knows she won't go anywhere. An employer will say YOU'RE FIRED! if the addict misses work or shows up high.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:03 PM

Weren't X and Tashera very young when they got together? Like in their teens? I don't think she was mature enough to truly get that with him, what you saw was what you got. I imagine after two decades together, it became a situation where he was all she knew, and stayed accordingly. Maybe her self-esteem was even tied to that relationship. I don't think it's as easy to just say she should have left or taken what he presented at face value, especially if she had no idea what it meant to be treated with love and respect, or if she never saw that growing up. I'm glad she gets it now though.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

They knew each other since they were 11 years of age. They got together 7 years later. Here is a transcript of an interview she gave. She mentions how DMX claimed he was rape by the one night stand he had with the lady who gave birth to his child:
http://necolebitchie...herry-martinez/

Edited by kemon, Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:15 PM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

"I knew about the rape claim. She mentioned it during her Breakfast Club interview a couple of weeks ago.

If they got together at 18, I get why she didn't leave sooner. Like I said upthread, I think that's too young to understand X and his serious issues. He was probably all she knew - maybe she thought she didn't deserve better. Maybe she grew up in environment where women stuck by their drug-addicted, cheating men all in the name of the children. I've seen that with countless women.

ToodyWoody

ToodyWoody

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

I have a cruder way to explain it: Some women think pussy is magic.

Or as my sister and I have, what do they have a snapping pussy? But this is usually said when a woman treats a guy like crap and he stays around and we wonder why and what is so GREAT about her. So I guess it could be said does DMX have a snapping dick that makes her stay around and want to work this shit out with him.