12-6: "Party Like a Mock Star" 2012.03.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

190 replies to this topic

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

Question. This is my first year watching so have they always had each team (before giving the results) chose their 'firing' partners?

dad2two

dad2two

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Question. This is my first year watching so have they always had each team (before giving the results) chose their 'firing' partners?

No, this is new. Usually, he waits until he announces the winner and then asks. I guess he's trying to drum up more drama this way.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

No, this is new. Usually, he waits until he announces the winner and then asks. I guess he's trying to drum up more drama this way.

Its working. LOL.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

I guess it's working, but it's a real turn off to a lot of viewers (including me). There is always plenty enough drama without having to name those up to be fired before knowing anything about the success or failure of a task. It takes away some of the gamesmanship in my opinion.

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

I've heard of or am familiar with all the original men's team but of the women I had never heard of Dayana, Aubry, Patricia or Lisa (could I be the only one?).

I agree that most of the women this season are unrecognizable to...me. The only thing I know patricia for is The Mummy. And that was a long time ago. I thought it was HILARIOUS though when Aubry was all like, "EVERYONE knows me i am SOOOO famous blah blah blah" and I bet half or more of the audience was googling her name because they had no idea who she was.

Pepper77

Pepper77

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

I think the guys had a better party, but I'm not sure why they didn't Twitter their fans especially Clay. I would assume his fans would show up in droves, just to show up. Too bad the execs showed up as the party was winding down. I didn't really like the sand, but, since it was there, I think they should have actually used a lot of sand. Go Don for smacking Aubrey. Although Lisa a creep about it, Aubrey should have checked the artwork; Patricia didn't fight for herself. Even Dayanna didn't fight strongly although there was a ready out to fire Patricia. I didn't care for Debbie's song, but it was a great idea to utilize the song --- it catchy although annoying. I don't understand why the men didn't create a song. Even though I can't stand her and think she should have been fired for this task if not weeks ago, Aubrey did have consistent applicable points and seemed to be quick on her feet in the boardroom.

The one good thing about CA is that I get to see all the "celebrities" that I didn't know existed (even with my husband's subscription to the "Star.") I don't really care too much for any of the contestants. Clay scares me with the Wolfman look, and I didn't really understand Theresa's remark about being creative (or whatever) because she has a ghostwriter. She's sort of wasted space, like the car guy. Aubrey and Lisa a really nasty bullies; I googled Aubrey to see what she's done. I don't really see the resemblance to the picture; why doesn't she look like her photos? Both mean girls seem to hate Dayanna; I guess because she is beautiful and appears neither genius nor stupid. Although he's funny, Arsenio just seems to schmooze along. I had high hopes for Penn and Adam.

Edited by Pepper77, Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:06 PM.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Pepper77, Clay confirmed with us that he DID have many Claymates come to the party. I even found a spoiler board explaining who and when. LOL.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

I think the guys had a better party, but I'm not sure why they didn't Twitter their fans especially Clay. I would assume his fans would show up in droves, just to show up.

Twitter would have been too public, since the show was filmed back in October/November before the cast was announced. Clay's "people" were communicating with the online fans, so they all knew what was happening and some managed to show up. There wasn't much notice and there aren't many online fans left close enough to NYC, so that accounted for the small number of fans who showed up. I thought at the time that it was a breach of confidentiality that Clay's fans were being instructed about what to do, but I guess not.

I guess it's working, but it's a real turn off to a lot of viewers (including me). There is always plenty enough drama without having to name those up to be fired before knowing anything about the success or failure of a task. It takes away some of the gamesmanship in my opinion.

It's turning me off too. I think that doing this really rachets up the nastiness and trashing of team members (whether they deserve it or not). It's not working for ratings either, since the last two shows have had the lowest ratings of all the seasons of the show.

Edited by Unanimous, Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:50 AM.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Yeah but they cant change it now. Nothing you can do, its all been filmed and in the can. But maybe they can rethink it for next year. :)

eraser

eraser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

There wasn't much notice and there aren't many online fans left close enough to NYC, so that accounted for the small number of fans who showed up.

As often happens with TV tapings, it is during normal working hours when most fans are at work or school and can't get away on such short notice so you get housewives and retired people who can come on short notice.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

You know its an illustration of how irrelevant this show has become that the Mocktail products mentioned aren't even OUT in stores by the time this aired. In fact, I checked their website that night and the flavors aren't even mentioned.

You'd think they'd have a special cross-promotion, in stores, and on their website, mentioned The Apprentice and also showing the new flavors alongside the old ones. But no... the website, the store displays (I've been to a few in the last week and looked at the drink mix section) all show no effort at that.

Apparently they come out mid April or something like that. Close to a month after the show aired.