12-6: "Party Like a Mock Star" 2012.03.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

190 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

THE CELEBRITIES CREATE AND HOST A CRYSTAL LIGHT MOCKTAIL PARTY LAUNCHING A NEW CRYSTAL LIGHT MOCKTAIL FLAVOR The Celebrities' hosting skills are put to the test when Mr. Trump tasks the teams with putting on a party to promote Crystal Light. One team creates the ultimate beach experience, complete with beach balls and bikini babes, while the other team creates an exotic Garden of Eden. The executives have a difficult decision on their hands, but one team emerges victorious and Donald Trump fires another celebrity. Boardroom advisors: Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. Special guests Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb (NBC's Today Show).

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Aubrey got lucky. Patricia and Dayana really needed to stick to the point that the women have a terrible record going with Aubrey's (and Lisa's) ideas.

bandita

bandita

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I am really surprised the women didn't win. Theirs was a much better look and Debbie Gibson created a jingle for them. So tell me how they so quickly cleared that song for Clay to sing? In the one task when he wasn't project manager all he could sing was just some sounds.

discussion of undertheboardwalk cost

So if 7 words to the song costs 800 bucks...how much did that song cost. Can't believe Trump ponied up the money to let Clay sing it.

Doesn't Trump usually act magnanimous at least once per season but offering up his own money to a PM.

Edited by bandita, Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:36 PM.

OrangeGuy63

OrangeGuy63

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

I thought the men's party had a much better atmosphere, and I'm very disappointed that Aubrey didn't get the boot.

rachael835

rachael835

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

I'm surprised the men won. I thought the women did a much better job. Then again, I underestimated the Power of Limbo. Everyone- including the Crystal Light reps- kept mentioning the game as if it was some indicator of a successful party.

On a superficial note, Debbie/Deborah looked frighteningly thin in this episode. Natural or not, it really ages her.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

So, Aubrey turns on the waterworks and her charity gets money? I don't begrudge her charity, but did the other losing charities get $10,000, too? Did George, Adam and Michael get some money for their's, or because they didn't throw a crying hissy fit in the boardroom, they got screwed?

My feeling is that $10,000 to the losing charities should be automatic. Some of these celebs stick around for weeks (or however long real time is on this show) before getting a chance to be PM, and if they lose, their charity gets nothing.

And please, Aubrey. You were crying for yourself, Someone didn't give you what you wanted. Your charity came after your hurt feelings. And they DO need to continue to hammer home that if she's the one working hard and coming up with all the ideas, she's also the one to blame because the women keep losing.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the best part of the show. "Choch?" Is that a combination of crotch and cooch, Clay? That's an interesting word for such a nice Southern Mama's Boy to say! LOL.

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

It was nice to see that smug smile wiped off of Aubrey's face for a change, though Trump is a dick for - well, for SO many reasons, but I'm talking about the way he revealed the winner. "Aubrey, how would you feel if I told you that you won? Well, I'm not! PSYCH!" Dick. And then I was also pissed that he gave her $10,000 for her charity anyway because she was a sniveling baby. No one else got a consolation prize.

I did think the men's team was going to win. The Crystal Light execs seemed to keep emphasizing "fun", and their theme went more in that direction.

Having just seen "The Hunger Games" on Friday, I was struck by how much Aubrey's hair and makeup makes her look like a citizen of the Capitol. Go see the movie and tell me, amiright?

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the best part of the show. "Choch?" Is that a combination of crotch and cooch, Clay? That's an interesting word for such a nice Southern Mama's Boy to say!

Yes! I meant to mention that. The ever-classy Clay Aiken.

Edited by Blue Stingray, Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:38 PM.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Well Trump wasn't going to fire Dayanna, she promotes the Trump brand, and he wasn't going to fire Aubrey, she brings the crazy, so of course Patricia had to go. I wish Aubrey would have brought back Tereasa becuase she adds nothing to this show. I'm sure Trump would have fired her for being boring, which is of course the worst mistake of all on this show.

I'm loving Clay and Arsenio's bromance. I don't know that I would have pegged those two as friends, but they really seem to support eachother and it's nice to see. Then again I pretty much love everything about Clay on this show. He can be snide about Aubrey yet completely gracious towards others and neither seems forced. He just seems really genuine on a really fake show.

I'm excited for the team shake up next week. Aubrey really needs someone to lock horns with in order for her to be entertaining. Sure she got in a few jabs at Debbie tonight, but I missed her insanity. Now she'll have some new targets to go after.

dbell1

dbell1

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Before this show aired, I had no idea who Aubrey was. Now I can't wait for that yapping clown to get off my screen.

And I call BS on Trump giving the charity $. Patricia raised a ton for her charity and it all went to Paul's. If he couldn't break the rules there, then why do it for the screeching harpy? Ugh.

Blue - maybe we could toss Aubs into the Hunger Games arena?

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

Patricia talked about the importance of honesty in her exit speech, but she lied about Aubrey approving all her prints. It was past time for Patricia to go, and I hope Dayana is next. So Aubrey gets $10k for her charity for crying?

Debbie singing – again. Meh. I thought the women’s team had a better look. The men’s party seemed like more fun.

I love Crystal Light.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:42 PM.

Chiparock

Chiparock

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

HELP!! I missed who Clay named as the people he would bring back into the boardroom (and why) if his team lost. Please fill me in. Thanks.

Edited by Chiparock, Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:40 PM.

bandita

bandita

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

HELP!! I missed who Clay named as the people he would bring back into the boardroom if his team lost. Please fill me in. Thanks.

Dee Paul and Lou. We didn't get to see a meltdown from Lou with his usual 110% fight

Higgie

Higgie

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

I was surprised that the women didn't win this one. I thought that instead of using posters of flowers they should have gone to the flower market and loaded the room with real greenery & flowers to make a more realistic Garden of Eden. But, the fact that Debbie recorded a jingle that was performed at the party and had CD's made that were handed out, should have clinched it. The guy's party/theme wasn't bad, but it was just okay. I think the right person got fired because both Aubrey & Lisa asked to review the proofs for the graphics and Patricia blew them both off.

God, I really, really am hating Clay more & more each week. He is such a little bitch and is so passive/aggressive. I thought Penn was a strong contender to win until last week when Clay got on his case- now he seems to be holding back because of Clay. At one point, he was trying to discuss something about the task with Clay and he just said, "We've got five minutes..." and blew him off. I was also shocked when he said he'd bring Paul back into the boardroom- wtf- Paul spent a lot of time making the bar, which was central to their set!

Clearly Trump has a hard-on for Dyana- he constantly defends her no matter how much all of the women say she is their weakest player!

Finally, I'm so glad they are spitting up the teams next week, looks like Arsinio blows his top!

Edited by Higgie, Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:51 PM.

dad2two

dad2two

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

Clay named Dee, then Paul/and someone else, so he really named 3. But, I can't remember the 3rd for the life of me. SOrry. Wish Aubrey had gone. Glad to see Dayana call her on the 4 losses due to her concept ideas. Go Dayana! Wish I could actually like someone this season though. I really have no one to root for.

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

Don Jr. got tough today in the boardroom. And the first person he turned that on IIRC was Aubrey -- who earlier in the episode had said she had a major crush on him.

Aubrey fought hard and very confidently in the boardroom.

I was afraid the guys' party might have seemed a bit tacky to the execs. (Speaking of the execs, the woman was dressed in a way -- and shot at an angle -- that put her assets front and center as she entered the party.)

I wondered if Theresa pronouncing pomtini pom-e-tini during the party was going to hurt the women.

I agree with Arsenio: Clay has a great voice. I loved it on American Idol, and liked hearing it here. I'm enjoying Arsenio a lot too.

Patricia is very elegant and poised, and manages to stay above unpleasantness in every ep I've seen (I missed one). I like that about her.

basiltherat

basiltherat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

The way the women's team acts, I'm ashamed to be a woman. Crying, overtalking, and then kissy-facing. I wish "Argentina" would have fought back a little. I think they're both afraid to be more assertive because they think their English is not good. They were fine and need to bring some spitfire to the mix.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

Miss Universe has made salient points about Aubrey and Lisa's brilliant ideas every week. She called out the points that would lose the task for them Every time. And might I add that she was the only winning project manager among the women?

It's hard not to conclude that jealousy alone unites those two dogs. Go, Dayana!

Might I say that I will always love my pretty Clay? And Debbie's song was total crap!

Edited by Hamhock96, Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:51 PM.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

And I call BS on Trump giving the charity $. Patricia raised a ton for her charity and it all went to Paul's. If he couldn't break the rules there, then why do it for the screeching harpy? Ugh.

This isn't the first time Trump has given someone money who didn't win. He gave money to John Rich last season when he lost. I also remember he gave someone money after they were fired because they hadn't gotten anything for their charity, but I can't remember who off hand. Of course Trump changes the rules all the time, but this isn't the first time he's done it.

God, I really, really am hating Clay more & more each week. He is such a little bitch and is so passive/aggressive. I thought Penn was a strong contender to win until last week when Clay got on his case- now he seems to be holding back because of Clay. At one point, he was trying to discuss something about the task with Clay and he just said, "We've got five minutes..." and blew him off. I was also shocked when he said he'd bring Paul back into the boardroom- wtf- Paul spent a lot of time making the bar, which was central to their set!

Clay really didn't have many options for who to bring back. I was shocked he didn't pick Penn, but I thought showed Clay was willing to put their differences aside.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

Clay named Dee, Paul and/or Lou (I think). But none of them had a problem with it. Dee was fine (he and Clay seem to have quite a bromance going) and Lou gave him an "I love you, man" hug as they left the boardroom. There was no drama. I want to know why these teams don't say to each other, "Look, you know he's going to ask me to name two people, even if we win, so this is who I'm going to name." OR on a task where everyone is supposedly on the same page, have the team talk about it before going in, KNOW that they're going to be named, and thus thumbing their nose at Trump's ridiculous attempts to manufacture drama.

And I'm SO SICK of Trump being SO FUCKING rude when the celebs don't cooperate, cutting them off and dismissing them. Could Trump have been any more rude and obnoxious to Clay when he was trying to decide who to name? Fuck you, Donald. Just because Annie Duke, and Joan and Melissa Rivers damaged the show so severely with their constant cat fighting and dramatics, doesn't mean the show sucks without it. Part of the reward for winning a task should be that you are exempt from boardroom bullshit. Save that for the losing team.

thistlehead

thistlehead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

Did Clay really say of Aubrey "She slid out of her mother's chooch and went straight to that stripper pole" or something to that effect. Because if he did, well, I think I'm in love- LOL.

Edited by thistlehead, Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:59 PM.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

Miss Universe has made salient points about Aubrey and Lisa's brilliant ideas every week. She called out the points that would lose the task for them Every time. And might I add that she was the only winning project manager among the women?

Lisa's team won when she was project manager.

Jumelle

Jumelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Lisa was PM for the Medieval Times task, they lost and Victoria was fired. The two women PMs who won were Dayana (window dressing) and Debbie (Buick "Verona").

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

WORD! As I recall, Trump was all "rules are rules". Too bad Patricia didn't think to start blubbering.

Blue - maybe we could toss Aubs into the Hunger Games arena?

Dibs on dropping a tracker jacker nest on her.

OT: I drink Crystal Light all the time & saw an add for these mocktails in a magazine at least 1, if not 2, years ago. I thought they sounded good & tried to find them but they were no where. Now if wonder if they were supposed to appear then but didn't. Or maybe they were being test marketed. I will actually buy these.

They did come out - I found them in an ACME supermarket in New Jersey about a year ago. At the time they had margarita, appletini, and some other flavor I can't remember. I bought the appletini and it was okay, but nothing spectacular. I've stuck with the iced tea since then and am not sure if ACME still carries them. I'm curious enough to look for the two flavors plugged tonight though.

Edited by Blue Stingray, Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:35 PM.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

Jumelle - thanks for the correction. My bad. :(

nannyogg

nannyogg

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

Best moment: Arsenio blathering about how fabulous Clay's voice is, needing no autotune or over-production - cut to Debbie having her voice at the studio being basically autotuned! It even seemed like she was lip-syching at the party. Hee!(I'm suddenly having vague memories awakened back from when I watched Arsenio's show - I think one of my biggest issues was what a suck up he could be.)

Trump is disgustingly biased towards Dayanna, as usual. Oh and her "friends" who showed up just happened to be winners of another one of Trump's pagents. What a coincidence!

What a bunch of fame-whores showed up to both parties actually. Especially the twits in bikinis at the men's party. Disgusting how fake some of the women's team are ("I love Dayanna, now I want her fired"). I totally thought the men deserved to win this. There seemed to be very little that was unique to Audrey's party. It actually looked like a very awkward & uptight place to be. The exec's had it pegged saying it was typical of any other product launch type NY party. I pleasantly surprised by how creative the men's team actually is when it comes to these things. I could see Lou's commercial & slogan last week actually showing up on tv. Same this week with their "Life's a Peach" theme. Plus they actually gave the exec's what they wanted.

For all the stupidity in the board room, despite the stupid arguments, I think Trump fired the right person (from what we were shown). Patricia was completely not a team player. She wouldn't let anyone check her work. When Don Jr. had his meeting with them, Patricia was sitting away from the table, not engaged or even looking at anyone. She ignored Audrey's instructions for getting a Crystal Light poster. I think Trump was ready to fire her before the meeting even started.

Can't stand Clay. Agree he's totally fake & passive aggressive. I hate his catty, classless comments to the camera -like about Aubrey's mother's cooch or whatever. Gross. He may be playing the game well enough, but I couldn't stand to have to hang out with him. Personally, I also thought Dee looked ready to kill him when Clay said he's bring him back.

OT: I drink Crystal Light all the time & saw an add for these mocktails in a magazine at least 1, if not 2, years ago. I thought they sounded good & tried to find them but they were no where. Now if wonder if they were supposed to appear then but didn't. Or maybe they were being test marketed. I will actually buy these.

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

So, Aubrey turns on the waterworks and her charity gets money? I don't begrudge her charity, but did the other losing charities get $10,000, too? Did George, Adam and Michael get some money for their's, or because they didn't throw a crying hissy fit in the boardroom, they got screwed?

My feeling is that $10,000 to the losing charities should be automatic. Some of these celebs stick around for weeks (or however long real time is on this show) before getting a chance to be PM, and if they lose, their charity gets nothing.

And please, Aubrey. You were crying for yourself, Someone didn't give you what you wanted. Your charity came after your hurt feelings. And they DO need to continue to hammer home that if she's the one working hard and coming up with all the ideas, she's also the one to blame because the women keep losing.

I agree completely. I was really annoyed when Aubrey started crying so he gave her money. I know he has given charities money when they lose in previous seasons, but not because the person started crying about it. There should be a standard dollar amount for the losing PM, as the money goes to CHARITY. And she was DEFINITELY only crying because she lost. She claimed to be crying for her charity? COME ON we aren't stupid.

I think I was just really annoyed by Trump in the entire way he handled Aubrey. I think she most definitely should have been fired. She is sitting there claiming that she basically WAS the entire team the whole season yet they lost more than half of the times? How is that not an automatic firing when she just admitted it was her fault they were defeated over and over and over!?

I think the right person got fired because both Aubrey & Lisa asked to review the proofs for the graphics and Patricia blew them both off.

I do not agree with this because I am sure that those scenes were edited to look as though Patricia was blowing them off. I bet anything that before she sent in the prints Aubrey approved them. Do you really think she would let that slide?

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:32 PM

I disagree with Dee and Dayana's assertions that the four Forte losses were related to Aubrey's ideas. Certainly it cannot be said of Challenge Sandwich, which was won by Paul's Unknown Donor.

In the BR's of the four losing women's teams, neither Aubrey nor Lisa were "brought back." Both Cheryl and Tia "fired" themselves, Lisa chose Victoria and Dayana, and Aubrey chose both Latinas.

I think the more telling statistic is that NEITHER Lisa NOR Aubrey was fired when their teams lost, even though they were the PM's. The Donald isn't THAT susceptible to tears.

Edited by LennieB, Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:40 PM.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

I thought it was a good episode tonight. But I must say Clay has become a potty mouth over the years. Its almost jaw dropping! I knew him before he came out and its a drastic change. He did a good job on being PM though. I hate how Trump always wants the celebs to throw people under the bus though.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

What a bunch of fame-whores showed up to both parties actually. Especially the twits in bikinis at the men's party. Disgusting how fake some of the women's team are ("I love Dayanna, now I want her fired").

True, but Tia and Cheryl each fell on their own swords, and it just goes to prove that being noble will get you nowhere on The Apprentice. I don't blame Aubrey for not volunteering herself, and I don't really blame Aubrey for defending herself, because I was surprised that she had a cohesive argument. Seeing her behavior on the "Making the Band: Danity Kane" show on MTV, I thought she'd just sit there, look pretty, and then do nothing as she got fired.

If she didn't bring anyone, Trump would have fired Aubrey, and Aubrey knew it.

madfortv

madfortv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

I wondered if the women would lose as there didn't seem to be much signage on the walls for their event. After the execs emphasized that it should be a fun event, it also looked too formal.

I'm not particularly interested in who wins, but from my perspective the men have consistently done a better job and are more likeable as a group.