The Legend of Korra: As the Air Bends

• Please log in to reply

897 replies to this topic

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 7:51 PM

What I am beginning to like about Mako is that he wasn't willing to swallow the "NWT blew those buildings up" BS. He knows something in the milk isn't clean and he will get the moxie to go to Lin Beifong about it.

I wonder what the Fire Nation has been up to since their dominance was halted by Aang.   But I guess the spirit world will come up first since Korra was swallowed up.  

Mariagonerlj

Mariagonerlj

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 8:02 PM

My god, Korra is the dumbest dumb to have ever dumbed. How on earth am I supposed to root for a protagonist this mother-blinking stupid and inept? Flawed I can take. Anti-hero, I'd be happy to see. But flat-out incompetant just hurts me!

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

What I am beginning to like about Mako is that he wasn't willing to swallow the "NWT blew those buildings up" BS. He knows something in the milk isn't clean and he will get the moxie to go to Lin Beifong about it.

He straight up has evidence (detonator) right in front of him and Korra is blindly making stuff up to justify her dumb reasoning.

Bolin finding his niche? I'm curious if that means he'll eventually become a silent screen actor in "movers" or perhaps use his skills to become a sports announcer.

Hopefully it's better than his previous storyline.

Second, I'm hoping this is the beginning of the show's pick up in its storytelling. I've been a bit disappointed overall this season and so far this episode while not bad, was rather disjointed.

I'm hoping Avatar Wan and the Spirit World can somehow make it better than this civil war/terrorism/Korra's angsting.

ctcasares

ctcasares

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 11:44 PM

That was a fun episode.

For the first time, I wasn't annoyed with Meelo. Lin Bei Fong will always be awesome. Iroh was ready to rumble. Sokka has a statue!

I just wish Eska had more depth. There should be more to her. Even Azula, crazy as she was, had more depth and logic to her character. Mai was less of a caricature. I wish Boleska hadn't just been played for laughs, but there's not really time for a filler episode.

At last Korra is truly going to have to deal with the Spirit connection. She certainly hasn't mastered air bending, and her Avatar State is so weak. Even when she's all glowy-eyed, she rarely bends more than one or two elements at a time, and really not that much better than her uncle or cousins.

When her life was threatened, Avatar State took over, but she couldn't sustain it long enough to calm the angry Spirit. She wasn't really controlling the Avatar State spirit bending in a conscious way, and she slips out of the Avatar State before she finishes the job.

From a story-telling point of view, you kind of need a powered down Avatar, so I'm looking forward to Korra finally realizing that she's not really the Avatar until she's got that connection, and THEN we see the powered up Korra. It probably would have been best if she'd had to relearn her powers after Aang restored them--as though he simply restored her ability to bend, not her mastery of the elements. Or maybe that she needed to learn a new connection all together.

Ah well, it is what it is, and it's finally taking off. I agree that Varrick probably bought off the Agni Kai arsonists, but he's been bringing life to the episodes so I'm willing to wait on any Korra mistrust.

FleeceBlanket

FleeceBlanket

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 1:10 AM

My god, Korra is the dumbest dumb to have ever dumbed. How on earth am I supposed to root for a protagonist this mother-blinking stupid and inept? Flawed I can take. Anti-hero, I'd be happy to see. But flat-out incompetant just hurts me!

For serious.  Plots that rely heavily on the main character being stupid (as opposed to just unwise or impulsive) are problematic.  Also, I felt no sympathy whatsoever when Korra began crying over the breakup - I can understand her feeling betrayed, but she has become such an unappealing lead character that it's hard to feel bad for her when things go wrong for her.

That said, at least the plot is moving forward more quickly.

Redred

Redred

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 9:53 AM

Korra is so unlikeable to me, I was hoping the spirit monster would give her a beat down. She's not just impulsive, she has horrible anger issues. Why is she always going off on people. I never thought I'd see Mako as sympathetic, I normally can't stand him, but the way Korra is always shouting and screaming at him, putting him down, blaming him for everything, and acting like he's the enemy. It's abusive imo. And that's without the issue of her being physically intimidating, and volatile.

I'm glad he broke up with her. Of course they'll get back together, but I'd prefer they didn't and Korra learnt from how she has treated him. There's potential for a character growth moment, for both of them.

That said, at least the plot is moving forward more quickly.

Yes, the pace and action was good. Things are finally moving along.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 10:14 AM

I just wish Eska had more depth. There should be more to her. Even Azula, crazy as she was, had more depth and logic to her character. Mai was less of a caricature. I wish Boleska hadn't just been played for laughs, but there's not really time for a filler episode.

The problem is that it treats Bolin like a butt monkey and that's not funny or interesting to watch in the least.

For serious. Plots that rely heavily on the main character being stupid (as opposed to just unwise or impulsive) are problematic. Also, I felt no sympathy whatsoever when Korra began crying over the breakup - I can understand her feeling betrayed, but she has become such an unappealing lead character that it's hard to feel bad for her when things go wrong for her.

It wouldn't have bee much of a problem if this were the start of the series and she was naive, but this is Book 2, she should've learned something from her experiences.

Korra is so unlikeable to me, I was hoping the spirit monster would give her a beat down. She's not just impulsive, she has horrible anger issues. Why is she always going off on people. I never thought I'd see Mako as sympathetic, I normally can't stand him, but the way Korra is always shouting and screaming at him, putting him down, blaming him for everything, and acting like he's the enemy. It's abusive imo. And that's without the issue of her being physically intimidating, and volatile.

This makes me sort of miss Book 1 Korra where she at least wasn't obnoxiously insufferable as she is now.

SpiffyShindigs

SpiffyShindigs

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 4:17 PM

I feel like the dialed up Korra's level of assholery so they can break it down as the season goes on. Or at least I hope that. After book 1, my confidence in the writing of this show is shaky at best.

Mariagonerlj

Mariagonerlj

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 4:52 PM

I feel like the dialed up Korra's level of assholery so they can break it down as the season goes on. Or at least I hope that. After book 1, my confidence in the writing of this show is shaky at best.

The problem with writing the protagonist to be such an asshole is that sometimes, you dial up the asshole bit to such a fever-pitch that there's no going back for the audience. (Or at least some members of the audience.)

It's sort of like how in Mad Men, Don Draper has become such an unbelievable cheating, scummy, low-life dick that I personally don't give a damn about any possible 'redemption' of his anymore. He could turn into the Dalai Lama in the last season of Mad Men and I'd just scoff and think it's too much to swallow, given what a jerk he was for the past few seasons. And unfortunately, Korra is basically right at the 'too much of a jackass to be redeemed' point for me too.

I just... I can't really see many redeeming qualities in her that would make up for what a jerk she is to people who truly love and trust her -- people like Tenzin, her parents, and even Mako. (Who has somewhat redeemed himself for me from the Asami debacle by finally standing up to Korra. Heh, you still happy to dumped Asami for her, buddy boy?) I understand that Korra's life isn't perfect and that she's been alternately over-coddled and under-prepared for her role as quasi-diety in a world that seems to no longer quite understand her... but she's just dealing with everything with such poor grace and an almost completely lack of wits.

In the original series, the protagonists had to deal with plenty of horror and they generally dealt with it in a far better way than Korra did. Aang had to deal with the genocide of his people and the seemingly-impossible task of beating the might of the entire Fire Nation with just a few solid allies by his side; Katara and Sokka had to deal with the near-genocide of their water-bending people, the death of their mother, and the absence of their father; Zuko had to deal with exile, physical dismemberment, and the difficult choice of whether to embrace or repudiate his abusive father, and so on. And although Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Zuko made plenty of bad decisions, were flawed people, and sometimes did the wrong things for the wrong reasons (especially Zuko), I could still understand and sympathize with them because I knew why they did what they did.

Zuko, for example, seems to be the closest to a sort-of Korra analog because he also has a fiery (literally) temper and often takes impulsive actions that backfire spectacularly on him. Yet I feel a lot more sympathy for Zuko not because he's a male rather than female character -- but because I could understand why he did some of the horrible things he did. I wanted to kick his ass during the ATLA Season 2 finale, when he betrayed his uncle to join forces again with Azula -- but I understood that he did so because he wanted so badly to be redeemed in the eyes of his father/nation and regain his "honor" again.

But in the case of Korra, I barely have any idea why she does the stupid, impulsive, reckless, and even idiotic things she does. I can't sympathize with her because I don't know what there is to sympathize with. She didn't have the most idyllic upbringing but it's hardly as bad as the horrors Aang, Katara, Sokka and Zuko went through, so I really don't sympathize with her anger and rage at being controlled by her mentors. (Especially mentors like Tenzin, who have extended much sympathy and caring toward her and have mostly only erred because they don't kiss her ass the way villians like Tarrlok did.) And when she does things like freak out at Mako because he has evidence that her pet theories about a fire-bombing aren't correct, it just makes me think -- goddamn, Korra's such a horrible little brat. I feel goddamn sad for the Avatarverse if she's supposed to be the one who upholds the "balance" between the elements!

I'm sure the show is going to "redeem" her later in the season by making her realize the error of her ways, repent for her past stupidity, become a better person, and so on. But I'm at the point where I just don't care about her because she's gone too far, and too fast. And frankly, even if she does get "better," I don't really trust that it will stick. After all, she's shown little-to-no character development from Season 1 to Season 2 of LOK -- hell, if anything, she's gotten more hot-headed, impulsive, and reckless as time goes on. So what's to say that after all the drama of Season 2, Season 3 won't begin with her being a complete asshole yet again?

I'm mostly still watching this show out of morbid curiousity, like I'm watching the corpse of a person I once loved rot and molder in a glass coffin. If someone told me all the writers and creators of ATLA died and were replaced by a bunch of hacks for LOK, I would believe them -- this show has taken such a nose-dive in quality from the original that it's unbelievable!

Edited by Mariagonerlj, Oct 6, 2013 @ 4:52 PM.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 5:22 PM

My problem beyond how stupid they've presented Korra as being (which is also a big problem) is that absolutely everything about these plots, which yeah, sure, finally moving forward at a reasonable clip, but it's so damn predictable. Varrick and Korra trying to circumvent the president because he didn't agree with them? Duh. Mako knowing and being a cop and snitching? Check. Breakup? Double check. There is no depth of nuance to anything that's happening. I'm not seeing any sense of mystery or what is going on here and why nor do I want to know more. Even Unalaq, I mean, yeah I don't know what's up with the spirit portals biz, and I do think he's killing the spirits not calming them as he claimed. So I guess there's potential for interesting reveal there, but so far, he's pretty much been presented as a straight up power grab asshole, Ozai-style. The what might surprise me, but at this point, I have no faith that the why will.

Korra's just a giant flailing ball of knee-jerk reactions. It's not interesting.

Mysteris

Mysteris

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

While I didn't object too much to Korra's plan with General Iroh to skirt around Raiko's decision, I do have to question why she wouldn't look at Mako's evidence about the firebender. The plotting I get because she's doing what she feels is right to help her people, same with going to the rally. But the firebender evidence was right there and she wouldn't look at it.

Bolin got to be cool again in his hometown, so that was nice.

The big blowup at the police station? Yeah, that was out of order. Though Lin did have a point. Korra could have wreaked a lot more havoc than she did. An airbended desk was pretty mild, for Korra anyways.

Someone should get Eska into counseling. Or a straightjacket. Something's not right with that girl. And her dad was pretty cavalier about her marrying some guy she's known for what, a week or two?

Well, at least it looks like a spirit journey is up next. Or something to do with the spirits at least.

Brn2bwild

Brn2bwild

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 6:46 PM

I find Korra harder to like so far this season, but I don't think her wrongs come close to matching those of Zuko, or even Aang.

When Aang found out about his people's genocide (and on several other occasions when he couldn't handle certain emotions), he became a one-man wrecking ball.

Zuko had his loving uncle at his side and ended up betraying him, sending him to prison.  Fortunately, things turned out all right for Iroh, but it could have easily gone the other way.

Korra was unnecessarily rude to her air bending master.  She had a short-lived plan to send troops to help her people who were under attack (at her father's request -- he asked her to talk to the President, likely assuming the President would agree to send troops) that was thwarted by the President.  She was unnecessarily rude to her boyfriend and threw a desk.  

At worst, she tried to ignore the laws and diplomacy to get help for the Southern Water Tribe, but again, she's not the first to ignore laws and protocols.  The "Gaang" in Ba Sing Se did that as well, or they would have spent two months waiting for the bureaucracy to clear before they could see the King.  And they caused quite a bit more destruction along the way than Korra has. 

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 10:47 PM

I find Korra harder to like so far this season, but I don't think her wrongs come close to matching those of Zuko, or even Aang.

When Aang found out about his people's genocide (and on several other occasions when he couldn't handle certain emotions), he became a one-man wrecking ball.

Zuko had his loving uncle at his side and ended up betraying him, sending him to prison. Fortunately, things turned out all right for Iroh, but it could have easily gone the other way.

Korra was unnecessarily rude to her air bending master. She had a short-lived plan to send troops to help her people who were under attack (at her father's request -- he asked her to talk to the President, likely assuming the President would agree to send troops) that was thwarted by the President. She was unnecessarily rude to her boyfriend and threw a desk.

At worst, she tried to ignore the laws and diplomacy to get help for the Southern Water Tribe, but again, she's not the first to ignore laws and protocols. The "Gaang" in Ba Sing Se did that as well, or they would have spent two months waiting for the bureaucracy to clear before they could see the King. And they caused quite a bit more destruction along the way than Korra has.

I think it has to do with the way things are executed/presented, we could understand Gaang's flaws and why they did the things they did and there were consequences for those actions.

With Korra, it's like she's blowing up at almost everyone who tries to oppose her and just when you think she might grow up or learn, she does the same thing again and again, it's very frustrating to watch.

Dandesun

Dandesun

Stalker

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 10:51 PM

Korra reminds me too much of Anakin Skywalker right now. If someone doesn't kiss her ass and blindly accept everything she says then they are somehow against her. It's beyond annoying and does make her very hard to root for. Hopefully, the spirit that ate her or whatever will drag her into a place she has to recognize what she's become.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

Korra reminds me too much of Anakin Skywalker right now. If someone doesn't kiss her ass and blindly accept everything she says then they are somehow against her. It's beyond annoying and does make her very hard to root for. Hopefully, the spirit that ate her or whatever will drag her into a place she has to recognize what she's become.

Yes, both Book/Episode 2 featured more angst by the main characters.  She needs a reality check and hopefully the spirits do that.

DonnyKetchum

DonnyKetchum

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 6, 2013 @ 11:40 PM

In the original series, the protagonists had to deal with plenty of horror and they generally dealt with it in a far better way than Korra did. Aang had to deal with the genocide of his people and the seemingly-impossible task of beating the might of the entire Fire Nation with just a few solid allies by his side; Katara and Sokka had to deal with the near-genocide of their water-bending people, the death of their mother, and the absence of their father; Zuko had to deal with exile, physical dismemberment, and the difficult choice of whether to embrace or repudiate his abusive father, and so on. And although Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Zuko made plenty of bad decisions, were flawed people, and sometimes did the wrong things for the wrong reasons (especially Zuko), I could still understand and sympathize with them because I knew why they did what they did.

I know she just came in season two, but . . . really?  Toph doesn't count as one?

rr2

rr2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 3:29 AM

Ok so I just noticed something. Are we sure Kya isn't married or has ever been married because she wears a bethrothal necklace? Now it could be the one Aang made for Katara but I would think that since Katara is still alive and was very much in love with Aang. That she wouldn't give her own personal one away until she died.

Bastinado

Bastinado

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 4:58 AM

In Korra's defense, there hasn't really been an Avatar who is as...secular...as she is. She's so close to and involved in the human world that it (tremendously) clouds her judgment as the Avatar. And so while her actions are politically unwise, I can understand why she's doing what she's doing. And it is totally within her character to do so.

Also in all fairness, there is precedent for it; when Kyoshi was in the same position, she physically cut her homeland off from the invaders *and* sent their leader to his death. So as far as I can tell, if Korra had better command over the Avatar State and was less of an asshole about things, she would handle this better and the rest of the world wouldn't give her so much grief about it. 

I can't help giggling about some of the insults thrown at Korra during the peace march. "Get a real dog!" 

Ok so I just noticed something. Are we sure Kya isn't married or has ever been married because she wears a bethrothal necklace?

I could actually imagine Kya as a divorcee, and being the less responsible parent who free-spirits her way around the world while her ex raises the kids. That would be something new in the Avatarverse, or at least newly mentioned and acknowledged. 

The Anakin Skywalker analogy had me thinking: there has never been an Avatar who actively abused their power or turned to the proverbial dark side - canonically so, I believe. One wonders what would happen if Korra was the first to do so. 

Shattered Life

Shattered Life

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 7:07 AM

An episode that stupid didn't actually happen, right? Like, I was just in a fever dream for twenty minutes and my poor, addled brain couldn't think of decent plots or convincing character motivations, right?

Sigh.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 7:54 AM

I'm hoping that Kya would be a divorcee with no children.  It wouldn't make sense for her to be hanging with Tenzin and his family and not have her own children there.   Plus when Tenzin spoke on her irresponsibility up until Aang died, I'm sure he would have mentioned children.  I would rather have Bumi and Kya be childless because it enhances Tenzin's story on being responsible for bringing more airbenders into the world.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 9:01 AM

In Korra's defense, there hasn't really been an Avatar who is as...secular...as she is. She's so close to and involved in the human world that it (tremendously) clouds her judgment as the Avatar. And so while her actions are politically unwise, I can understand why she's doing what she's doing. And it is totally within her character to do so.

Also in all fairness, there is precedent for it; when Kyoshi was in the same position, she physically cut her homeland off from the invaders *and* sent their leader to his death. So as far as I can tell, if Korra had better command over the Avatar State and was less of an asshole about things, she would handle this better and the rest of the world wouldn't give her so much grief about it.

Kyoshi did it as a last option for the good of the people, Korra is blindly doing whatever she's doing despite Mako having evidence otherwise.

DonnyKetchum

DonnyKetchum

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:49 PM

Also, Kyoshi killed the guy ON ACCIDENT.  Korra might end up killing somebody on purpose, the way she's going.

Eska is psycho!  Unalaq had to tell her not to kill Korra when they found her.   I'm sure he cares very little what the twins do as long as his orders are followed.  She is basically Azula with a boyfriend.

I have a theory about Eska and her upbringing.  I'm betting that Unalaq was a very hands-off father and had little to no hand in how she and Desna were raised.  And as such, he showed them very little affection, if any.  So she likely grew up with limited male affection, with no male friends or family members (save for probably Desna), Eska latched onto the first male to notice her and actually like her (at first).  That was Bolin.  So suddenly getting that bond with him cut off must've done major damage to her psyche.

If this season wasn't so short, it'd be an interesting case study to look into.

Bastinado

Bastinado

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 4:20 PM

One other thing I found interesting was that the statue in front of the SWT Cultural Center is of Sokka, and there is no equivalent monument to Katara. I wonder if Katara is the only one of the Gaang who more or less retired after the war, to be a wife and mother. Since it seems she's the only one we haven't seen or heard anecdotally having some great legacy in Republic City. 

Also, I'm still hoping Toph is hibernating inside her statue, waiting until the world needs her again, like the King Arthur of the Avatarverse. :p

cambridgeguy

cambridgeguy

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 4:58 PM

The Anakin Skywalker analogy had me thinking: there has never been an Avatar who actively abused their power or turned to the proverbial dark side - canonically so, I believe. One wonders what would happen if Korra was the first to do so.

It's possible that the reincarnation cycle guarantees that the Avatar will be basically good with some wiggle room for aggressiveness, etc.  After all, we've already seen a slacker avatar (Kuruk) and forceful avatars (Kyoshi, Korra).  The Avatar is effectively a demigod with access to WMD capabilities while in the avatar state so if one was going to turn it should have already happened.

Also, Kyoshi killed the guy ON ACCIDENT.  Korra might end up killing somebody on purpose, the way she's going.

Kyoshi didn't seem all that bothered by the idea of killing in the name of justice and Roku also seemed OK with killing for the greater good.  They also told Aang to execute Ozai when the time came: it was only the turtle ex machina of energy bending that bailed him out of that decision.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 5:04 PM

One other thing I found interesting was that statue in front of the SWT Cultural Center is of Sokka, and there is not equivalent monument to Katara.

I think it's because Sokka was also once a member of the RC council and represented the SWT.  Therefore, he was apparently more involved in RC and public life after the war.  I wouldn't be surprised if Katara DID choose to take a step back after the war and after marrying Aang.  In fact, I think she relocated to the SWT and took care of the kids while Aang went back and forth to RC.  We know Sokka served on the council, Toph became the founding member of the police dept., Zuko of course went back to the FN to rule as Fire Lord.  All we're missing of the core Gaang is the fate of Suki.  

Bastinado

Bastinado

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 5:57 PM

Eh, I would argue against Suki being considered part of the Gaang, but that's neither here nor there. 

Kyoshi didn't seem all that bothered by the idea of killing in the name of justice and Roku also seemed OK with killing for the greater good.  They also told Aang to execute Ozai when the time came: it was only the turtle ex machina of energy bending that bailed him out of that decision.

True. Kyoshi didn't blast Chin into oblivion or anything, but she certainly didn't shy away from taking responsibility for his death either. 

Here's the thing: I think events have ballooned to the point where Kora's muleheadedness cannot be blamed for everything anymore. Korra's foolishness allowed her to be manipulated by Unalaq, certainly, and was responsible for firing Tenzin and ending her relationship with Mako (not that the latter is exactly a bad thing). But contrary to popular belief, Korra didn't start the civil war. In fact despite having zero aptitude for peacemaking, she actively tried to stop it from happening, even when it appeared that her own father had become a terrorist. However poorly she is going about it, she is acting for the greater good, and isn't picking fights and destroying nations because she's having a bad day. 

Also, there has never been an Avatar who is this personally involved in conflict before. Arguably it is impossible for Korra to have a detached perspective on the civil war because her own father is the de facto chief of the country Unalaq invaded. And Unalaq has shown that he is completely willing to have her family politically imprisoned and/or executed in order to conquer the SWT. We can fault Korra for many things, but fighting in the war on the SWT's side is not one of them. 

Xavier St Cloud

Xavier St Cloud

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 6:09 PM

I'm also lenient on her arguably rash decisions on a global scale. Folks can preach neutrality but, when the Fire Nation attacked, it was the Avatar who was called on to put the Fire Lord in his place while royalists Zuko and Iroh stayed their hands. W/ this Avatar being of the Southern Tribe, there is a perceivable conflict of interests but it should seem simple enough to Korra (and us) who the aggressors are when the Northern Water Tribe attacked. The lives of her parents being on the line are also reason enough for her to be so driven about getting support.

What we're seeing is how the world is getting farther away from the elements, the spirits, and thus the Avatar herself. Open war is also limited to the Water kingdoms so Korra isn't likely to get the kind of attention and support that Aang did.

Of all Korra's decisions thus far in S2, her flat refusal to hear out Mako is the one I take issue with. After being used and betrayed by her uncle, you'd think she'd rely on his loyalty after all the drama w/ the Equalists. Instead of being focused on her ruling uncle and his forces, she's got this bone to pick w/ Northerners in general... but then the hecklers in the crowd didn't help matters.

Also, there has never been an Avatar who is this personally involved in conflict before.

Perhaps, but Kyoshi definitely didn't shy away from enforcing her power and will on the Earth Kingdom, her way or the highway. I'd love to see her and Korra interact.

Edited by Xavier St Cloud, Oct 7, 2013 @ 6:15 PM.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 6:58 PM

Perhaps, but Kyoshi definitely didn't shy away from enforcing her power and will on the Earth Kingdom, her way or the highway. I'd love to see her and Korra interact.

I'd love to see her teach Korra.

DonnyKetchum

DonnyKetchum

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Eh, I would argue against Suki being considered part of the Gaang, but that's neither here nor there.

Nor would I, but as we saw at the start of the pilot, the show certainly seems to.  Therefore, I kinda will, as well.

Bastinado

Bastinado

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

Nor would I, but as we saw at the start of the pilot, the show certainly seems to. Therefore, I kinda will, as well.

It does make me curious, though, as to whether or not the United Forces has a special Kyoshi Warriors Battalion or anything. With special fan-themed warships.