11-22: "Top 10 Results" 2012.03.22

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

106 replies to this topic

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

Of course it was Erika. I get that she probably only had about 2-3 weeks more left in the competition tops, but it's still a let down.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

I'm so bummed. So disappointed.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

I think the drastic change in her appearance didn't help her at all and made her look desperate.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Haley, Dolly Parton wants the other half of her old wig back.

Lunesta Del Rey and her valium games was pathetic. At one point the crowd cheered a little just because she could be heard above a whisper for a second.

Too many damn shots of Casey in the crowd.

LadyJaney

LadyJaney

Fanatic

Yeah, I was sorry to see Erika go too, she had a nice voice.

Sadly, I think all of the "Idol Transformations" with her hair and style may have contributed to her demise on the show. The artists who said they wanted to stay true to themselves and their style, stayed safe. Erika let them change her look completely, and now she's gone.

I almost wish that more of them wouldn't listen to all the advice they are given. While some of it is useful, I think a lot of it has come back to bite them in the ass

...then Jimmy comes on with his commentary #1000 saying how it was all the contestant's fault, yadda yadda yadda...

Ah well, at least she gets to go on tour this summer.

Edited by LadyJaney, Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:39 PM.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

I will light a candle tonight for Erika's hair. Oh, to die in vain...

HughOS

HughOS

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Disappointed that Erika is gone over Heejun, but I think she was the weakest girl left. Saying that, she was still stronger than 3/4 guys vocally. Theres just something about her that didn't connect right. Her song choices did her in. I thought she was best on top 24 and when she did "Edge of Glory". Another example of theme weeks stopping contestants from reaching their full potential.

By the way, how great was Haley Reinhart tonight? Her voice is really a wonder and she is ridiculously hot. I think her single is a great song with a really dynamic chorus. I hope this is a hit for her. Memories of her being robbed a finale spot last year.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

I felt so bad for Erika tonight. Last night, her makeover wasn't as bad, but tonight during the group sing, next to everyone else... she looked like a mom. They aged her twenty years.

And how rude was Randy Jackson? Before she even started singing, he was shaking his head no. How about let her f***ing sing first, jackass? It was obvious they weren't going to use the save on her. They didn't even TRY to pretend to be gracious.

Watching the recaps of all the performances last night reminded me how mediocre everyone was. Jessica Sanchez still annoys the crap out of me. Elise screaming through "Vienna" was still awful. Just... ugh. There is not one person on this season that I'd buy a CD from. Not one.

dodginblue

dodginblue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I wanted Erika to continue but I'm not surprised that she didn't. She just never developed the following and only got in to begin with because she was a judge's wild card pick. I think she should be pleased, though, that she never gave a lousy performance, her not continuing isn't because she screwed up royally or something. And she'll be on the tour so that's a good thing for her.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I will light a candle tonight for Erika's hair. Oh, to die in vain...

Just keep the flame away from Haley's hair nest, it will burst in to an inferno.

Smagu

Smagu

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

Damn, I missed most of the show after Lana Del Ray put me to sleep. Holy cow does she ever have zero charisma or stage presence.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

I'm sorry Phan. I knew you wanted to make 1-866-IDOLS-02 happen so badly last night. I liked Erika too. She reminded me a lot of my second favorite Idol who's now jumped ship to the Voice.

And how rude was Randy Jackson? Before she even started singing, he was shaking his head no. How about let her f***ing sing first, jackass? It was obvious they weren't going to use the save on her. They didn't even TRY to pretend to be gracious.

Who wants to bet that if it were either Deandre or Heejun who was the lowest vote-getter, the judges would have pissed in their pants while waiting for their chance to say "we're gonna save you!!!"? Ala Casey "Stop, stop! This is crazy!!! We're going to save you!!!" Abrams last year.

That said, I think they really learned their lesson hard last year. They're trying to, or at least pretending to, pick their battles. I just hope that this year they will finally use the save on a WOMAN.

Plus, that jackass Randy can always come back with "We already saved you Erika. It would be unfair to save you again." And that is after making her look 20 years older than everybody in there.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Who wants to bet that if it were either Deandre or Heejun who was the lowest vote-getter, the judges would have pissed in their pants while waiting for their chance to say "we're gonna save you!!!"? Ala Casey "Stop, stop! This is crazy!!! We're going to save you!!!" Abrams last year.

Nah! Either of those guys were going home. Steven had enough of Heejun after last night and DeAndre hasn't lived up to his potential.

I thought Haley sounded good, but Iím sorry my fellow Haleyans, that song isnít a Top 10 record. Lana Del Ray is the perfect example of a meh studio performer, bad live performer. In other words, she fits in perfectly with today's music scene.

As for tonightís result show, I was changing back and forth between AI and the basketball game. I turned the channel when I saw the bottom three and I knew Erika was a goner.

The save will be used on one of two contestants: Joshua or Jessica. The judges and head honchos do not want another Pia situation. Plus, demographics rule.

MandoMaid

MandoMaid

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

Noooooooo! Can't we vote Del Rey off?

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

I'm sorry Phan. I knew you wanted to make 1-866-IDOLS-02 happen so badly last night.

Haha, thanks for noticing! It's a shame about Erika, but it's not surprising unfortunately; she was a wildcard and was in the bottom three weeks running (though who knows about that first week).

Love Haley's new single. It has a Regina Spektor and Florence and the Machine vibe to it. I hope it does well.

contessakitty

contessakitty

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

All I'll say is that even Heejun seemed shocked that he was safe. I think that with what he said tonight about not needing to be a star but wanting to be helping the kids, he's done, if that makes any of you feel better.

I don't think Erika should have gone home instead of Heejun. But I don't think with last night's performance, Deandre should be safe either.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

I would have been happier if HeeJun had gone home. I liked Erika. But the show had decided she was going to be the first female sent home. Erika always sang early in the show unlike Hollie and Jessica who get to sing later.

JLo pretty much told all of the bottom 3 that they were not using the SAVE. They are only going to use it on their faves this year.

katycat74

katycat74

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Warmed my cold little heart seeing Joe Perry and Steven getting along again, lol!

Pretty much knew it was going to be Erika, I think the hair change helped her demise.

Haley almost put me to sleep. That was terrible!

Edited by katycat74, Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:07 PM.

chesslover

chesslover

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I wish Erika had thrown the microphone at Randy when he shook his head.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Glad to see Heejun play it straight tonight -- enough with the sarcasm! We'll see how this translates next week.

Not surprised that they chose not to save Erika. She was a wild card, and then in the bottom three each week of voting. Folks just didn't relate to her.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

I wish Erika had thrown the microphone at Randy when he shook his head.

I wish that when the judges know that they weren't going to save a contestant even before s/he is gonna sing, that they just tell them upfront. Kinda like how Simon told off Megan Joy before even Ryan could say anything. No need to give them false hope, and just let them have a decent sing-out (I miss those sad sing-outs in the earlier seasons!). But I guess decent and Randy don't go together in the same sentence.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Warmed my cold little heart seeing Joe Perry and Steven getting along again, lol!

Me too! That was the only interesting part of the night for me. Steven looked genuinely touched. I was a little worried for Joe when he jumped off the stage. I don't want to see Rocker Grandpas breaking any bones on live TV.

marie caroline

marie caroline

Couch Potato

• Interests:Brit soaps, reality shows,miniseries, reading biographies, mysteries and classic fiction, walking and people watching, particularly in NYC.

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Oh, please, Jimmy. He knew EXACTLY what Heejun was going to do last night, he just didn't do it as well as Jimmy would have liked.

Randy was shaking his head looking straight at Heejun on the benches, as was JLo. Obviously, they were not too happy to see Erika go over Heejun. I think that hairdo did her in, and yes, always appearing in the beginning of the show didn't help. I was hoping Deandre would have gone, but I did feel sorry for Heejun. He looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole in the floor. I imagine he will go back to his sappy ballads next week and be the next one to go.

I loved seeing Haley, thought she looked beautiful, was in excellent voice - but I didn't care for the song. I had already downloaded it and was disappointed. But she was the highlight of the evening for me. These result shows suck. Do love my DVR!

Gbones

Gbones

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Worst result ever ... so sad.

TheFinalRose

TheFinalRose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Note to Idol contestants: Don't go from looking like an average American to looking like a Kardashian. Hey, great advice Tommy Hilfiger! I hope Erika grows her hair out and dyes it blond again before the tour.

I wish Lana Del Rey had sung The Hunger Games parody of her song by Holly Laurent of Second City. Would have at least included a couple of laughs, such as "I don't want Peeta to be dead. A pita is a pouch of bread."

Why only 9 people in the mansion? Too many chaperones?

proserpina65

proserpina65

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

And now Heejun's stupid clown act really pisses me off. He so should have gone instead of Erika. I knew there was no way the judges would use the save this early though.

Lana Del Rey's song would've been interesting if I could've actually heard her singing it. Loved Haley's performance - might have to download that song - and I thought she looked really good tonight.

imjustababyduck

imjustababyduck

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

I think Randy was shaking his head "no" because he thought it should be Heejun and not Erica. They weren't going to save Erica because she never connected with the audience. She was a wildcard who has been in the bottom 3 every week. It would have been a waste of a save. Too bad she is gone though.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

For whatever it's worth, we've lost two contestants by audience vote so far, and they've both been women. So that trend continues.

I normally hate Seacrest's fakeout results, but I have to say that Elise being declared safe was handled in exactly the right way for maximum dramatic impact. And I liked how quickly Elise flew across the stage to hug what is clearly her good friend in this whole mess. Considering that the next-oldest contestant is frickin' Heejun (at 22 years old), I get the impression that Elise and Erika are going to be clinging to each other on the tour like driftwood following a shipwreck.

"Happy birthday, Steven! Your surprise is... your coworker, who you see all the time, kind of, considering you're in album/tour-prep mode right now."

Nedsdag: I thought Haley sounded good, but Iím sorry my fellow Haleyans, that song isnít a Top 10 record.

Sure it is, if it's 1979 and your name is Supertramp.

bonita18

bonita18

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Love Haley but that song! Ugh! It was nice to see Casey in the audience too.

Sorry to see poor Erika get that chop.

Now Deandre- you have to get a grip on your nerves. I think that's his biggest obstacle. Send in a vocal coach and a sports (entertainment?) psychologist.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Wow,some horrible singing in the GroupSing. I'll point at Phil2, Heejun, and surprisingly, Jessica.

Are Casey and Haley an item?

Edited by corvus13, Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:09 PM.