Duck Dynasty: A Quack Attack with Hillbilly Millionaires

• Please log in to reply

684 replies to this topic

KYBlonde

KYBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

**That lonely feeling that you are the only redneck that watches this show!! :( **

Uncle Si was hilarious, but I'm thinking that was a LONG ISLAND TEA he was a-sipping!!

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:45 PM

I watch it, as does everyone I know, so you aren't alone! I love that this show is so drama-free, and people still eat it up. I'm shocked PETA hasn't protested yet, though. Lol

Dezdemona

Dezdemona

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

I love this show! I'd go hang out with the Robertsons for the day any time. Jase and Si have perfect comedy timing, and Willie is good-natured about being the butt of so many pranks. During their hiatus, I managed to catch up with a few episodes I had missed the first time around. Now I'm looking forward to this run of new episodes.

Edited by Dezdemona, Dec 6, 2012 @ 7:16 PM.

KBrownie

KBrownie

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

I enjoy the show a lot as well. Si is the best part. I'm glad to see Jep start speaking more as well. He even had a talking head during the Christmas episode.

Si was hilarious in his camper messing up the words to the classic Montell Jordan "This Is How We Do It" with "That's the way we do it" or whatever he was saying. His rendition of "My Humps" complete with dance also had me rolling.

Only nitpick I have is that I wish they would label who all the little grandaughters are and which Robertson they belong to. They are absolutely adorable. The only grandkids that have been identified are Willie's oldest son and daughter and Jase's two oldest sons. The little girls are featured and speak, but no names or ages are given. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to know who is who.

Edited by KBrownie, Dec 6, 2012 @ 8:56 PM.

ragglesnaggle

ragglesnaggle

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 11:32 PM

Coming out of the woodwork to say I also watch it. I can't really snark on it at all though, it's just that good. I think Willie is hot. So maybe I'm the one needing snarked on.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV was during the lawnmower race challenge episode. The part where Jep fell down racing his "push" mower had me rolling.

kthomp38

kthomp38

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 7:47 AM

I love this show. The Christmas episode was laugh out loud funny. Si is my favorite character especially when he was an elf. I just discovered this show after Thanksgiving and I love it!

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:04 AM

I love the show. It's just entertaining and fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. I have such a crush on Jase.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Coming out of the woodwork to say I also watch it. I can't really snark on it at all though, it's just that good. I think Willie is hot. So maybe I'm the one needing snarked on.

Google pictures of Willie, sans beard. Have mercy! He was a babe.

KYBlonde

KYBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

I have a major crush on Jase, especially when I saw some old pics of him on the A&E site. If I was his wife I would insist he shave or at the very least trim that shrubbery on his face when not filming. They are SO much better looking without all the hair. It makes me itch watching their show in hot weather - they have to be miserable! I have no facial hair and long hair and I have to pull it up off my neck to survive the hot humid summers here in western Kentucky. It has to be like a sauna down in Louisiana! :(

johanna25

johanna25

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

Only nitpick I have is that I wish they would label who all the little grandaughters are and which Robertson they belong to.

I don't blame the Robinsons for not doing this. The last thing I would want is for my little girl to be identified and labeled for any curious TV viewer. The older kids are self aware enough to be wary of strangers. Include the little ones in the filming because they are part of your lives, but don't make targets of them.

Edited by johanna25, Dec 7, 2012 @ 10:32 AM.

dorcastrilling

dorcastrilling

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Junping on the Jase love train. Crushing like a 15 year old.

This has become my favorite show. Absolutely hilarious while charmingly endearing. So good to see a healthy family and solid marriages.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

I think Jep is the most physically attractive, but Jase's personality cracks me up. Si is the star, though. Love that man!

dorcastrilling

dorcastrilling

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Jep iis a good looking guy and Willie has some damnedt beautiful eyes. Jase though is to me the best looking, and I love his dead pan delivery.

cwreality

cwreality

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Jep iis a good looking guy and Willie has some damnedt beautiful eyes. Jase though is to me the best looking, and I love his dead pan delivery.

Yes! Never cracks a smile and has me in stitches. He slays me! I'm telling you, if Willie looked how he looked before and decided to go shaggy, I'd divorce him. Lol. I was stunned at how good looking he was, and he has dimples to boot!

FLgirl

FLgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

I find all the brothers attractive. I might be biased as my man has what can best be described as a "rugged goatie", lol. I grew up in the deep rural south and these guys are so much like the men in my family I feel like I'm watching home movies. I really like that the men all seem to be genuinely in love with their wives and seem to enjoy spending time with their kids. I especially love Phil's unabashed love of Miss Kay. Floved it when he said he didn't need a big house, all he needed was a kitchen, bathroom, and a room in the back for some hanky panky with Miss Kay once a week.

Si is hysterical, talking about the BEP's, how he wanted to eat the food and dance to the music,just too good!

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 1:52 AM

I didn't expect to enjoy a show about a company that makes duck calls, so I avoided it at first. Little did I know that there would be very little about the business and a lot more about the family! This is really a very good show.

And even though I know that every episode is pretty much completely contrived and phony, there is something very sincere and genuine about the Robertson's themselves that make them very enduring.

And yeah, Si makes the show. Without Si and to a lesser extent Phil, I don't know that this show would be successful with the sons alone as the cast.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 2:42 AM

I was sure I wouldn't like this show. I am a city girl, the furthest thing from redneck, and not too enamored with southern culture (yeah, I know the Civil War is over, but some things are hard to overcome).

I took a chance and watched it a few weeks ago and have been a fan ever since. Not only is this a funny show, but for once we have a show where the men are strong family men and the importance of family frequently stressed.

I'm still wondering about the skunk incident - was that a set up or real?

bilgistic

bilgistic

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

I was sure I wouldn't like this show. I am a city girl, the furthest thing from redneck, and not too enamored with southern culture (yeah, I know the Civil War is over, but some things are hard to overcome).

Same here! I'm an NC native, but I live in the biggest city here. My mother introduced me to this show. Her life started out rural, and we've still got many rural relatives. I wish my family was as close as the Robertsons'.

I'm shocked PETA hasn't protested yet, though. Lol

I'm a vegetarian, and it was hard to watch the preparation of the "porducken" this week! Poor little piggie! D: I don't like the hunting and dead animals on the show, but I otherwise really enjoy it. I know what I signed up for. The situations are probably set up, but the reactions and dialogue are real.

I was crying laughing when Si was first shown with the elf ears and his plain expression, then he burst into laughter. I rewound and watched that scene four times!

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

And even though I know that every episode is pretty much completely contrived and phony, there is something very sincere and genuine about the Robertson's themselves that make them very enduring.

Yeah, I realize that mosy of the situations are scripted. It's fairly obvious. I mean, exactly WHEN was the Christmas special filmed? And how many parents at the church would actually put up with Uncle Si talking to their kids like that? However, there's an endearing quality that keeps me watching, and they are genuinely funny. Plus, please note that UNLIKE any of the other "redneck chic" programming that we are now being bombarded with, the Robertson boys RESPECT Miss Kay and Phil. The Robertson grandchildren are respectful of their parents and grandparents. They don't sass back. In fact, they say "yes ma'am" and "no sir." Quite the contrast from (for example) Pumpkin Boo Boo over on TLC. Very nice to see.

As for the hottness under the beards, when I first saw Sadie, I thought, "Wow. What a pretty girl. Look at those dimples." But, I noted that she didn't really resemble Korrie. John Luke has them, as well. When they released the old Robertson family photos, you can see where the dimples came from. It's a Robertson trait which is unfortunately hidden by facial hair. Nice.

ETA: Because John David is a Duggar. John LUKE is a Robertson.

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Dec 10, 2012 @ 10:22 AM.

mccartygirl

mccartygirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

I love the show. It's just entertaining and fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. I have such a crush on Jase.

I'm with you! I have since the first episode!! He cracks me up.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

I know a ton of people who love this show and as Clevelanders, most of us are far removed from the South. It's just a fun show that's hard not to like. I even had a little boy come into my store before halloween asking if I sold toy shotguns... he was going to be Uncle Si for Halloween! LOL! i know all the episodes are completely set up, but I don't care. It's just such a fun show! I'm on the Jase bandwagon. He's so deadpan and hilarious, and cute to boot. And yeah, all the Robertson men are good looking. I'm always amazed at how good looking Si is in old pictures. His wife must be a saint, his craziness would drive me nuts. The kids are all adorable, I love the pack of little girls... especially when they are all together with Si and Phil.

VanillaBear85

VanillaBear85

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

I'm a vegetarian, and it was hard to watch the preparation of the "porducken" this week! Poor little piggie! D: I don't like the hunting and dead animals on the show, but I otherwise really enjoy it. I know what I signed up for. The situations are probably set up, but the reactions and dialogue are real.

I am a vegetarian as well and knew what I signed up for ha. I agree about the situations probably being a set up, but I oddly do not care. Their interactions make the show.

I went to my brother's last weekend and he told me I had to watch this show so we watched 6 episodes that were OnDemand and I fully admitted that I wanted to watch more. They are just so damn likeable. I adore the relationship between Phil and Miss Kay.

Hey, fostersmom, it is good to see another Clevelander!

dick simple

dick simple

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

always amazed at how good looking Si is in old pictures. His wife must be a saint, his craziness would drive me nuts

I've only been watching for a little while -- I don't recall ever seeing Si with a wife.

Si should ALWAYS wear elf ears.

fostersmom

fostersmom

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

His wife isn't on the show, but I've read he's married.

MoosieMac

MoosieMac

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

Just watched the Christmas show and have 2 comments: One, I hope they actually gave those kiddoes something nice after the cameras left!

Two: Whoever did Miss Kay's work, I want an appointment! And surgery! Holy smokes, the differences between Christmas and the S2 appearances! I'm her age, and it made me feel a lot better about how her looks compare with my own. A good tweaking here and there doesn't hurt one little thing!

Third: While I wanted to stuff an elf hat in Si's mouth during the Christmas fiasco, I just found him adorable to the max while babysitting the grandnieces. Talk about being a good sport.

Phil's constant "differences between men and women" gets a little old but his respect for Miss Kay never will. Never thought I'd say that I found inspiration in a reality TV show but the Robertsons bring it, in spades. Or backhoes....heh!

Rastus

Rastus

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

VanillaBear85
Hey, fostersmom, it is good to see another Clevelander!

Another Clevelander here, how the hell are we their demographic lol? I'm a vegetarian as well, and change the channel when stuff I know I won't like is coming on, but otherwise this family is fun to watch. But holy hell, the boys and the dad looked so handsome without all that scraggly hair on their faces! Since they didn't always buy into the hairy face look, I wonder why they do now. I have been thinking about buying a duck call since they are artisan pieces and I'm curious to see what would show up in my urban neighborhood. And to see my neighbors looking up in the sky....

MoosieMac

MoosieMac

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

Had some free time and googled Si. Found his mother's obituary from 2009, at which time he is listed as having a wife.

Well, sure: No man can be that off-hand about life (I'm smiling broadly here) and not have someone watching over him.

The obituary was very interesting! Si & Phil's dad actually started Duck Commander, and I'm impressed to the max that Willie is making it prosper in the business family's 3rd generation. A lot of times, the 3rd generation is where things start to fall apart.

My googling also led to a disgusting h8 site where someone calls out the show for indicating that Phil & Miss Kay still live in the added-onto prefab that's the site of scenes at "Mamaw's and Papaw's." Doesn't bother me a bit that they stage scenes there; it adds to the overall "feel" of the show that the family hangs on to real estate from the salad years (squirrel years? ;-D) and still feel as comfortable taping there.

The comic timing is perfect - especially from Jase and Willie. I'm not one to buy DVDs but I will catch episodes of this show whenever possible.

selhars

selhars

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

someone calls out the show for indicating that Phil & Miss Kay still live in the added-onto prefab that's the site of scenes at "Mamaw's and Papaw's."

Unless their point is that they think the scenes are taped in a faked set added on to the house, and not where Kay and Phil fill actually live, I don't get the point. So what they added onto the house and never bough a mega-mansion? Isn't that to be admired?

I love everything about the show -- all of them. I'd even be OK with them spreading out the scenes a little more to Godwin and the third brother. Godwin is a hoot. And the third brother can be funny too. I mention this show to friends every chance I get...I love it.

Edited by selhars, Dec 15, 2012 @ 1:22 PM.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

My googling also led to a disgusting h8 site where someone calls out the show for indicating that Phil & Miss Kay still live in the added-onto prefab that's the site of scenes at "Mamaw's and Papaw's." Doesn't bother me a bit that they stage scenes there; it adds to the overall "feel" of the show that the family hangs on to real estate from the salad years (squirrel years? ;-D) and still feel as comfortable taping there.

I don't "hate" them for this deception but it IS a deception and an indicator that the "money don't change us" personas are just that. I'm not the one on camera turning up my nose at how "city folk" live and how everything I like is good and decent and everything I don't like is awful and unworthy. So when these folks get on camera and praise each other for keeping it country and simple... It's not real and they shouldn't be praised for keeping it real. All they have to do is admit this is fictional and I am fine with them staging scenes.