11-21: "Top 10: Performances" 2012.03.21

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

100 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Please wait till after the episode to post.

(I just happened to be in here and decided to start the thread, which I usually leave up to the posters.)

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:43 PM.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

In Season 2’s Billy Joel night, Smokey Robinson was the guest judge. Now it’s P. Diddy as a guest mentor. Maybe for the next Billy Joel night it’ll be Drake or Nicki Minaj. I wonder how many IDOL contestants Diddy made walk across LA to pick up a cake from his favorite bakery?

Deandre – I thought this was the wrong song for him, but he sung it competently. I can’t see him having a breakout moment anytime soon so I wouldn’t be upset if he left.

Erika – I love the new look. Vocal was great, I liked that she didn’t embellish on the song too much, but still gave it her own vocal flares around the edges. I’m hoping she stays and I’m going to vote my ass off for her this week, which will probably doom her.

Joshua – He sounded a little unsure and wobbly until the very end and I missed his rasp. I agreed with Jennifer, he wasn’t connected to the song.

Skylar – Skylar’s the only type of country singer I can stand. She tells stories, she has some grit, and she’s a firecracker. Though… J. Lo mumbled to Randy that she thought it was pitchy and jeez, J. Lo, you can tell her that! Even Steven told her.

Elise – I love her smooth cadence (very saxophone like) combined with that rough quality in her tone. It really was a wow moment and she needed it.

I do want to call a quick bullshit on the fact that Elise and Erika have both been stuck in the first half of the night since the IDOL finals began, whereas Hollie has never been in the first half ever and Jessica was only in the first half one time.

Phillip – I really enjoyed his arrangement. Great intensity, but sometimes I think the arrangements (his strength) overshadow his pitch issues (the weakness). I’d be surprised if he isn’t a Final 3 lock. However, since Elise gets raked over the coals for not smiling, then he should get lamblasted for being stubborn about wearing something other than gray and saying “he’s about the music.” Buddy, you’re on IDOL. Seriously.

Hollie – The drama of it was good, but the song itself lends itself to dullness. She needs to go up-tempo soon. Her weakest performance so far, but it wasn’t enough to warrant a bottom 3 position, I think.

Heejun – I no longer have any idea but the fake out at the beginning made me smile. Is it weird that I thought the vocals here were better than “Right Here Waiting?” I think he knows he’s a fish out of water at this point. I think I’m having a Kellie Pickler experience: that was terrible but I like him. I hope he goes tomorrow though… I think? I don’t know.

Jessica – Vocal acrobatics. These uplifting songs are not my thing. I must be crazy because I don’t get why she’s getting standing Os. Great, now J. Lo’s breaking out the “for you for me” idiocy. Pitch perfect, but she’s leaving me cold.

Colton – His best performance to date, though I wish the whole Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” orchestration in the middle never kicked in. Very good performance, but I’d like the whole Jesus thing with him to stop.

Very strong night, but IDOL needs more current music.

Best – Erika, Elise, Colton, Phillip
My Bottom 3 – Hollie/Joshua, Deandre, Heejun
Predicting – Erika, Elise, Deandre bottom 3, Erika to go, despite a strong performance. Can we make 1-866-IDOLS-02 happen tonight?

Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Heejun was verging dangerously into Sanjaya territory, but at least he was entertaining.

With as much as Carrie has done for Idol since her win, you'd think the judges could at least try to respect the country genre. Brad Paisley covered Shameless, Randy? Really? I haven't heard his cover in years and even I knew it was Garth Brooks. He backpedalled when Skylar called him out, but, this is reason #840000 Randy Jackson is useless.

helencrump

helencrump

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Heejun had his Norman Gentle moment tonight (and it would make a great sing-out if he goes home tomorrow, as I hope he does).

Erika sounded good but she now has Kris Jenner's hairstyle.

Really liked Phil, Elise, and Colton -- felt they kept their individuality and gave great performances.

I like Hollie and Jessica, but find them somewhat similar in style, and not as compelling.

WanderingSnark

WanderingSnark

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Wow, check out that "New Forum Smell" ;-)

This group totally lost their shit collectively when Shannon had to go home and we get a "YouTube style" video about it with clips of them all crying and consoling each other, all with cheezy text overs. They can't even hold it together for a Top Ten picture because they are SO devastated. WTF? Did she DIE on stage or just complete her 'Make a Wish' to be on Idol before we lose her to brain cancer or something? Damn... pull yourselves together and grab some damn perspective. It's a TV show people!

Deandre - Has a wonderfully naive disconnect with this song's "Talkin your way into a Catholic girls' pants" meaning and so it's all happy and bouncy.

Erika Has been given a short hair cut with deep purple hair by Tommy & Co. At least we'll be able to tell her from the crowd now... too bad it's probably her last show. But hey; free haircut!

Joshua has chosen all-black but Tommy wants him in a tuxedo which ends up being... all black. In practice he's shown... yodeling?? He's doing "She's got a way about her." And yes we have our ideas why he's not connecting to the subject matter. It's probably his weakest effort even with the huge gospel choir behind him. The judges pan him first, then frantically backtrack as if they have made a huge faux pas like not bowing to the Queen or something... (yes pun intended)

Randy btw has just come back from his side gig with the circus, apparently.

Skylar Loses her ish all together when she sees that Diddy is there, she even asks for an autograph... she's doing 'Shameless' and she mainly follows the Diddy advice of holding back to make less more. Mixed results though I'd say.

Elise follows the Colton Book of "Blow off good advice until next week" and doesn't wear the bellbottoms she says she's been searching for. She doesn't want anything too baggy so she wears a very full dress. The end she does a run and embellishes it by moving her arm up and down as she goes up and down the scales. JLo once again gets violent about what she likes saying she wants to just shake Elise. They are obviously trying their best to "soften" Elise as they bring in loved ones from the crowd 'Look people really do love Elise!'.

Phil 2 Really re-arranged 'Movin' Out' to be a totally different song. But yeah it's easily the best performance of the night so far... since we can't vote for Erika's Hair. Once again he turns down any advice given and just "does his thing" with his guitar and grey shirts. He gives the time honored "if they don't like my thing then that's up to them because I'm not playing for people who don't 'get' me since I'm not trying to be anyone else."

Hollie Is alllll about the glam and sparkle. So she has this outfit that looks like she is wearing a big metal bra like an opera costume. The cuffs are out of control making it look like she's wearing huge bracelets. I don't think it was as uneven as they claim it was. Her occasional accent mainly on words with 'r's in them is still really striking me bizarre.

Heejun is just fucking with his advisers and with us all... he has though apparently been crushed like a paper cup by his "first criticism" and is having a hard time trying to deal. He this week has a tear-away tuxedo that is the best part of his performance actually. JFTR Steven was using the Brit phrase "Take the piss" out with that song which is really unfair to do to someone who doesn't have an entire grip on english let alone brit slang. He was trying to say that Heejun was using his song as a big "F you" to all his "haters". I'm not sure he's that self-aware. At least it gives us something to talk about... beside his singing of the actual song but that's not really Heejun's "thing" the whole singing gig.

Jessica Diddy hits her issues right away; that he doesn't believe her and that she is way oversinging. She remembers that advice for about the first 25% of the song then after that it's all shouty and over embellished and of course the crowd loses their ish for it and the judges follow suit. So much for critical advice.

Colton take the path of least resistance with 'Piano Man'. He is VERY screechy and voice cracky all over the place on the verses. Ironic lyric of the night "We're all in the mood for a melody". Yeah too bad about that one. He sings I think, about 20 words and fills half of it with "la de dah"s. He throws in a "Tebow" in his time with Ryan which instantly drops him out of my top 3.

So...

#1 Erika's Hair (looks 10, sings 6)
#2 Phil[sup]2[/sup]
#3 Elise

#7 Joshua (just barely missing the bottom three 'cause his fans know he stank the place up).
#8 Erika (sings 6, hair 10)
#9 Deandre
#10 It has to be Heejun...

MandoMaid

MandoMaid

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

I'm wondering if Randy is available for my kid's birthday party. What's with the sparkly cat head pins?

I loved what Colton played on the piano - updated the original. Very creative. His voice is too reedy for me though and I hated how the band kicked in. It would've been fine with just the piano through out the song.

LOVE Erika's new look.

Oh Heejun. You're entertaining but that vocal was all over the place.

msburg

msburg

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Ugh, no one handled Billy Joel all that well. Way too much oversinging by the women, Elise aside. The men couldn't handle the style, aside from Phil.

HATED Colton -- all the little vocal squeaks were way too contrived and absolutely grating after the fifth one. Hate his proclamations of "edginess" when he is so vanilla. Dude, you're not a rocker. You're not edgy. A hairstyle and skinny jeans does not make one edgy.

Heejun will take someone's rightful place in this competition next week. Probably Erika. He was awful, and because he has a high vote count, the judges gave him the pass on his terrible singing. He's not even trying at this point, he's playing to the image, a la Sanjaya.

I really enjoy Billy Joel, and am disappointed at how all the kids tonight seemed to pass on really trying to make his songs updated and relevant.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

With as much as Carrie has done for Idol since her win, you'd think the judges could at least try to respect the country genre. Brad Paisley covered Shameless, Randy? Really? I haven't heard his cover in years and even I knew it was Garth Brooks. He backpedalled when Skylar called him out, but, this is reason #840000 Randy Jackson is useless

Seriously. Randy was giving some decent constructive criticism and then ruined it by confusing Brad Paisley with Garth Brooks. That's like confusing Journey and Maroon 5.

DeAndre should have spent less time worrying about swinging his hair around and more time trying to stay on pitch.
Hejun was certainly better than last week, but he messed up the words a couple times and got a total pass.
Joshua's worst performance to date.
Elise was good, but I don't know that song.
Jessica- too much. Vocal acrobatics as someone said upthread.
I haven't been a Colton fan, but that was fan-freaking-tastic!

My top 3: Colton, Phil, Erika
Bottom 3: DeAndre, Hejun, Joshua

WanderingSnark

WanderingSnark

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Phan sez:

I do want to call a quick bullshit on the fact that Elise and Erika have both been stuck in the first half of the night since the IDOL finals began, whereas Hollie has never been in the first half ever and Jessica was only in the first half one time.

Totally agree with you that really is some bullshit now that I think of it...

I'm also with you on the Jesus stuff with Colton.

Edited by WanderingSnark, Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:18 PM.

kems28

kems28

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

Steven seemed truly pissed off by Heejun's performance, and I can't say I blame him. All the comparisons to Sanjaya are spot on - he's treating this whole thing like a joke.

I hate Phillip Phillips, and I don't understand his appeal at. all. He's like a 5th rate Dave Matthews. Just terrible.

Colton's lighting was out of control. I don't like his voice, but I can see why other people do. That song was too much for him though.

Elise was phenomenal tonight. Truly a moment for her. Best performance of the night, hands down.

dodginblue

dodginblue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

People don't know the song Vienna? Geesh, I am getting so old!!

Anyway, I did not enjoy Elise's performance at all. I thought she sounded harsh and off tune and pretty much butchered a really beautiful song.

My favorites tonight were Phil, who until tonight I didn't really get the Phil love but I really enjoyed what he did with Movin' Out. Also liked Erika and I thought Deandre was fun and he did a decent job as well. And Colton, for once I could understand what he was singing and thought he sang it pretty straight and it came off well.

the macguffin

the macguffin

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

I thought this was a very entertaining show...miles beyond 'The Voice' lately, for sure.
I'm actually ruefully wondering how I can vote for..about 6 of them tonight.
Diddy was a surprisingly good mentor; I enjoyed the Jimmy & Diddy show, and I would rather watch that than the stupid judges.
Seeing Haley Reinhardt in the audience made me realize that Elise is a less-attractive, less skillful version of her, although Elise's arrangement of 'Vienna' was very good and I hope she survives the night.
Really, Heejun or Deandre should go, but it'll probably be Erika.

MandoMaid

MandoMaid

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

Skylar's dress was hideous. It looked like something they ripped off the living room window at the last moment, like the dress in this Carol Burnett skit where they were parodying "Gone With the Wind." http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k6bOpJ5elW8 All she needed was a curtain rod.

lerahs

lerahs

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

Don't like Jessica. Like Elise same as I favored Hayley last year. I am comparing the two because they share the fact that they are ladies with lovely voices, but turned people off with their personalities.

On another note, not that it's anyone's business and it totally doesn't matter either way... but wondering if I am the only one sensing Deandre is inclined toward an "alternative" lifestyle a la Joshua?

SueinFl

SueinFl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Hey y'all Jessica wants us all to know EVERYBODY HAS A DREAM..I swear those are the only words she sang tonight. UGH
Also thought Elise butchered a very beautiful song. Vienna should be soft and restrained it is not a power ballad. Something about her voice just turns me off anyway. I like Erika but don't have a lot of hope of her sticking around much longer.

Edited by SueinFl, Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:40 PM.

loveoutloud

loveoutloud

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

I thought Heejun did great tonight. I've been a fan of his the whole time, but it was nice to see him let loose and to step away from singing ballads. Don't know who pissed in Steven Tyler's cheerios tonight but he was a bit snippy. I don't think Heejun was treating it as one big joke, but you know, he is smart and I am sure he realizes that he probably won't last too much longer. So I'm glad he had some fun tonight!

DeAndre bored me, and I have been voting for him up until tonight. I don't think he's ready for this quite yet. He seems so unsure of himself. :/

Did NOT get the Elise love tonight, at all.

LOVED Phillip and Colton, and Hollie/Jessica/Joshua did well too.

I'm predicting Erika, DeAndre, Heejun for B3.

Edited by loveoutloud, Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:41 PM.

marsha

marsha

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

I've watched AI since the first season but not religiously or completely in a few years. The last time I was in any way emotionally invested in a contestant was Fantasia. Now, for the first time since then, it's happened again and it's Elise. I think she's an incredible vocalist and love her style and the soul she puts into her vocals. Last week's performance was amazing but I feel she actually topped herself tonight and I can't wait to download the studio version.

I'm worried, of course, since she's been in the bottom three (twice,right?) that maybe her days are numbered but I'd buy her album tomorrow.

P.S. Thank God for Jimmy. I think his comments not only are giving the performers but the judges a much needed kick in the ass.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

If Elise Testone gets sent to the bottom three after tonight's performance, it won't be because she's a bad singer but because she's selling something that America simply isn't interested in buying. There's no shame in that. She was great, best of the night. She just might be wildly out of step with current trends, is all.

I had this theory that the reason Elise and Erika Van Pelt seemed to be super-excited that they both made it through last week is that if one had been eliminated, the other would have nobody their own age that she could talk to on the tour. "Oh, thank God," I imagined both of them saying silently, "an ADULT."

I'm not sure that I'm 100% on board with Elise's new hairstyle -- maybe 80%; it's not quite flattering enough to have cut it so short -- but going brunette might be a SUPER-smart move on this season of nothing but blondes. On the whole, I approve.

Favorite part of the night: Watching Jennifer Lopez's train of thought getting completely derailed as a result of people shouting out that they love her. All it takes is vocal praise and she will literally be like, "Wait, what was I talking about?" Amahzing.

Second favorite part of the night: Steven Tyler telling Heejun Han, "So are you proud of that bullshit you just pulled, or are you going to stop acting like an asshole and start singing soon?" -- which was instantly his most trenchant criticism in two seasons -- followed immediately my Randy going, "I think you're hilarious!," thus undercutting Steven immediately. Double amahzing. Of course, Randy was also the person who called Phillip Phillips the Phillipth out for disregarding every single bit of advice Jimmy Iovine, Sean Combs and Tommy Hilfiger gave him and then said, "But you were right to do so!" I'm beginning to suspect that Randy might, just might, be an idiot.

Caffeine Free

Caffeine Free

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Giving away my age here, by I played my vinylcopy of "The Stranger" till it got warped. Elise did not justice to the song Vienna, and she was in no way connected to the song. It seemed as if she chose that song so she could show off her vocal chops. Yes, she knows how to use her instrument, but no, she is not an artist.

Edited by Caffeine Free, Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:51 PM.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

People don't know the song Vienna? Geesh, I am getting so old!!

I'm pretty old myself. I've enjoyed Billy Joel since Piano Man came out. I just didn't feel the desire to buy any of his albums or 45s. Now, I have his greatest hits on CDs. I looked it up and Vienna was the B-side to She's Always A Woman (another great song).

On another note, not that it's anyone's business and it totally doesn't matter either way... but wondering if I am the only one sensing Deandre is inclined toward an "alternative" lifestyle a la Joshua?

You're not the only one.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

What was Skylar wearing? Tommy gave her Lauren Alaina's hips from last season. I don't see how draping feed bags on her hips (shiny they may be) is a good look.

Erika Van Jenner just seems listless to me.

It didn't take long to bring out the choir. I never thought it would be to THAT song. You know that obscure song Steven never heard before. What?

proserpina65

proserpina65

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Colton was definitely the best of the night. I loved what he did with a song that has been so overplayed on the radio.

Phil-Squared did his thing, terrifically. If you love that thing, as I do, you loved the performance. If not, this wasn't going to change your mind. I loved that he didn't let Tommy Hilfiger or Diddy change his style. He knows who he is as an artist and I admire his ability to be true to that.

Elise was wonderful; I've always loved Vienna, and she really captured the spirit of it.

Erika didn't get the praise she deserved for her performance. The judges are just so stuck on the glory note and run filled performances that they just don't see that not every song needs to be pushed to 11!!!!!

Jessica and Joshua both have great voices, but I hated what they did with their songs. Like Phil, you either love what they do or you don't.

Skylar started off in too low a key, but her performance got better as it went on. She was solidly middle of the pack tonight; same with Hollie - not her best but good enough to keep her in, I think.

Deandre was mediocre, vocally, and didn't have the chops for that song, and it simply wasn't as fun as it should've been.

Heejun just became Sanjaya with a slightly better voice. He can go now.

dodginblue

dodginblue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

It didn't take long to bring out the choir. I never thought it would be to THAT song. You know that obscure song Steven never heard before. What?

I know! I laughed out loud when he said that, especially because they made a point of talking at the beginning of the show about how Steven had sung with Billy Joel and turned to him for a comment like he was the resident expert on Billy Joel. And he's not familiar with She's Got a Way? of course it's one of Joel's earlier songs so Steven might have been too wasted back then.

spacecitymarc

spacecitymarc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

Gotta say, my loathing of Sean Combs was entirely outmatched by watching an unabashed country girl freaking out over meeting him. I like seeing those two genres playing nice with one another in a genuine way.

Colton Dixon was one bagpiper away from being Lee DeWyze singing "Hey Jude." I got the impression that tonight was the night the judges subtly but firmly shifted their allegiance from Phillip to Colton. Phillip, meanwhile, said, "I'm not a guy about image," and the beautiful thing is, he doesn't even realize he's lying. Phillip's non-image is so cultivated that it is his image.

Hollie's family are officially my favorite Idol relatives since Elliott Yamin's mom. I love everything about every single one of them. But shomebody needsh to shpeak to Hollie to asshisht her in fixshing her articulation isshuesh.

PetuniaP

PetuniaP

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I am so done with these American Idol contestants this year. Most of them have the personality of drywall. If the only thing you care about is "the music", then go sing in your local watering hole or wedding banquet...don't go on a national singing competition show! And the judges giving false praise and refusing to tell these brats to get it together is equally as frustrating. I don't care how bad he gets, Heejun is getting all of my votes, and yes, I will actually VOTE. He's the only thing keeping this darn thing remotely interesting.

Oh and...I LIKE Billy Joel. I like his songs. I'd like to hear the melody of his songs please. Save the "arrangements" for crap songs that need it. None of you are so talented as to improve on Billy Joel. Ugh, I'm just so disgusted with this season.

Edited by PetuniaP, Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:47 PM.

Make It So

Make It So

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

How old is DeAndre? I'm trying to figure out if he might be the long lost son of Rob Pilatus. Also, didn't get that peformance at all, or the judges' praise for it.

Jessica was great again. I did think she oversang a tad, but the high notes toward the end sealed the deal for me.

An honorary mention goes to Elise. I enjoyed that performance and the way she felt that song. I haven't been able to watch many eps until now, so I wasn't getting what the judges saw in her before. Now I do.

Edited by Make It So, Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:48 PM.

Artemis

Artemis

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

I was looking forward to this week because I love Billy Joel, but I was disappointed that none of my favorite songs were chosen. Ironically, Colton's was my favorite performance, and it's the very first performance of his that I liked. He's not just my least favorite contestant, but the most forgettable. After Jessica, I knew there was one person left to sing, and I could not for the life of me remember who it was.

Erika sounded good but she now has Kris Jenner's hairstyle.

That's better than what I was thinking -- Liza Minelli. At least Kris Jenner is current. According to one of the above posters, Erika's hair was purple, but it just looked black to me. I guess she had to dye it, because if she left it blonde she really would look just like Pink. Personally, I object to this idea of "Who is your style icon? Let's dress you just like them!" You don't need a professional designer or stylist in order to just copy someone else. A stylist should be helping you create your own look.

But the reason I really felt sorry for Erika was the bizarre and contradictory notes from Jimmy and Diddy. One minute they're warning her about over-singing, reminding us of the flack she took last week for changing up the song too much, then they're saying you have to take risks if you want to win, then Diddy says something about singing like you're in Yankee Stadium. It all sounded like gobbledygook to me. J&D were much more specific in their notes to the other contestants.

Deandre - Has a wonderfully naive disconnect with this song's "Talkin your way into a Catholic girls' pants" meaning and so it's all happy and bouncy.

Exactly. It was so wrong. No seduction, no sexuality. And then he started prancing around the stage like he was playing a horse in a school play. Worst performance of the night.

Steven seemed truly pissed off by Heejun's performance, and I can't say I blame him. All the comparisons to Sanjaya are spot on - he's treating this whole thing like a joke.

I'm sorry, but Steven Tyler has no business criticizing anyone else for not taking Idol seriously. He could've been replaced last season by a balloon animal and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Nycnftm

Nycnftm

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

Less Tommy Hilfiger please! Thankfully some of the contestants took his advice with a grain of salt. He hated everyone's personal style. Heejun would have been better if he took off the tux to show his "We love Hejun" shirt rather than that awful t-shirt.

Grateful I saw less kids waving their arms.

but I’d like the whole Jesus thing with him to stop.

Saw it coming a mile away. Ryan set him up and you knew it was coming

Edited by Nycnftm, Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:00 PM.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

Maybe it's me, but I think this singing competition is the wrong one for Elise and Erika.

These girls would've cleaned up had they been invited on The Voice which caters better to older artists. I could see both E Girls working with Blake Shelton or Adam Levine comfortably without image changing or becoming something they are not.

Was Heejun a mess tonight? Absolutely, but viewers will remember his shenanigans over Elise and Erika's singing which means one of them may be going home tomorrow night. Also, since New Englanders don't vote on AI, this means Rhode Islander Erika may have to sing for her life.

Edited by Nedsdag, Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:39 AM.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

I think that some of the contestants were extra-weepy at the top of the show because they had lost TWO of their colleagues in the same night and it was a bit of a shock.

I've never been a Billy Joel fan; think he's hideously over-rated but even I don't think he deserved what was done to his songs tonight. God, that was terrible. It's not that the contestants are bad singers, because aside from HeeJun who is just spitting in America's face every week, they aren't bad singers. They're just not good enough. They're not good enough for me to really care about and they're certainly not good enough to have a career outside of Idol.

Oh and aren't people supposed to look BETTER after a makeover? Tommy Hilfiger isn't high fashion, folks.

Edited by roydenlea, Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:04 PM.