Best Friends Forever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

79 replies to this topic

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

Like braggtastic, I was hoping it was just accidental shenannigans when I saw two Betty White episodes. I am among those sad that this wasn't given more time, as it did feel like everything was gelling.

Well, hopefully NBC will reconsider or possibly send it over to TBS- they need something to break up the Big Bang Theory/Family Guy marathons(and I like TBBT!)

I just realized that now Marshall's ads will make me sad! Jessica is in them!

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

It's been almost a month, but...

I have the two new episodes ready to record on Friday, 7-8PM Central!

They sound cool, but the second one has the logline (paraphrased) Rav and Jessica wonder if there's something else to their friendship. I trust my ladies, but one of the first handful of episodes seems a bit early to start with that stuff.YMMV, of course- and I think Rav and jess are great- but it seems too soon, especially if Rav is losing his phone behind some chick's bed.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

I always figured Rav and Jessica had some kind of history. Just being platonic friends seems a bit much for Rav to have punched Jessica's then-fiance/husband a few years ago.

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

I always figured Rav and Jessica had some kind of history. Just being platonic friends seems a bit much for Rav to have punched Jessica's then-fiance/husband a few years ago.

I thought that Rav was Jessica's ex-boyfriend from college? Did I make that up?

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

That's what I thought, too, Sara. Or at least they were very good friends in college if not bf/gf.

lokipopgurl

lokipopgurl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 6:25 PM

Just in before the last two episodes air tonight -- New interview with Lennon and Jessica

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

That interview is adorable. Queenetta really is a gay man in a 9-year-old girl's body. Hee!

Jessica substituting in the dance was hilariously sweet. And I love that Joe came in at the end for the lift.

I died at the nerd party.

I am going to miss this show. I hope they can get a cable deal. I think this is the perfect show for a short season, and more and more cable networks are looking for original programming.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

• Interests:Stuff lol

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 11:39 PM

I thought both episodes were great! Very funny! I loved the end of the first ep when Q couldn't get the lines right and they called Jessica in, and at first Jessica was all ugh what're you doing here. Lol! They all just crack me up! Too bad this show isn't continuing, I'll miss it. Jessica and Lennon are just such great bff. And yes that interview is awesome. It makes me wish I was one of their friends, haha.

Edited by Somebody, Jun 1, 2012 @ 11:41 PM.

bubsy

bubsy

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

I am actually really sad this was canceled. I think the last two episodes were great. I originally thought Jessica was an asshole, but she got a lot better.

I would be happy if someone else picked this up, like on TBS with Cougar Town?

It isn't the best show ever, but it was goofy and fun.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

I hate NBC for constantly ruining my life.

This show is adorable and goofy--I love it.

TBS (or some other cable channel), please pick this up!

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

At this point, I rather this show be picked up over Cougar Town. I'm really over the characters on that show and BBF has made me laugh so much in such a short amount of time. I don't want to see it die.

3headedmonkey

3headedmonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

I thought these last two episodes did a good job of highlighting Lennon and Jessica's relationship, and it's just not something you see on tv much. There are tons of bromances but rarely do we get the female counterpart. It's a shame no one watched.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

I thought the last two eps had a lot of great "texture" in their specificity but the plot structures were sitcom cliches and I wish they'd flipped some of those plot points around a bit more.

JanLevinsonScot

JanLevinsonScot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Facebook, Posting in Forums

Posted Jun 3, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I have this hollow feeling in my stomach, it's like we just watched an entire family wiped out or something; we'll never see these people again? Ugh. And just as it was getting interesting. I'm sad. Why was this show canceled after four episodes?? There's so much potential here. I'm really confused; what's the point of putting a show on TV in the middle of a season, in an uninspiring timeslot, with no network support/promotion, to get cut down prematurely? This really should have gotten another chance.

TDoc72

TDoc72

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 2:32 AM

I just saw the last 2 episodes on Monday and am left with 2 burning questions: Why does Q hate Jessica so much? and Will Jessica and Rav ever get together? It made me sad all over again that this show is not on anymore. It was so funny, especially the pilot episode. BTW, On Demand has all 6 episodes up.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

Why does Q hate Jessica so much?

I think Lennon and Jessica said they just liked the idea of Jessica having a child nemesis.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:41 AM

You guys. YOU GUYS. Jessica and Lennon are getting a new pilot order!!!

USA has given a pilot presentation order to a single-camera comedy written by and starring Upright Citizens Brigade alums Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair, the duo behind NBC's Best Friends Forever. [...]

Based on the ultra-close friendship between Jessica St. Clair & Lennon Parham, the comedy is about what happens when single parent Lennon calls on her best friend, Jessica, single and career-focused, to help her raise her new baby. It's a buddy comedy about two best friends who reunite just when they need each other most. Parham, St. Clair, Armstrong and Nandan are all exec producing.

Edited by arc, Feb 16, 2013 @ 1:42 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2013 @ 11:00 AM

That's good news - I really liked BFF & hope their new show is as good or better (and gets more network support).

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

It sounds a bit like BFF: Five Years Later. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:52 PM

Late to the party, but I'm excited for the ladies! I'll be crossing fingers and toes for them!