Best Friends Forever

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

79 replies to this topic

ChromaKelly

ChromaKelly

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

instance, with the lady firefighter from last night. I expected the show to fall into one of the usual plots but instead she was just a believable person doing her job. I loved Lennon and Jessica calling her by her first name the whole time.

That was a woman? To me it looked like a teenage boy. I'm really not trying to be an ass, I had no idea the firefighter was a woman.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I didn't realize Newbie was a woman until they were in the apartment & they were calling her Rita.

Loved JK Simmons in the dance class - my DVR cut off the very end & I'm tempted to go online to see the final 10 seconds or whatever I missed. Does this mean Lennon's job is dance instructor? What is her connection that she can swap out Lion King tickets last minute and get Patrick Ewing to sign a basketball? I loved her relationship with JK's character - I could have watched the two of them in the bar all night.

JanLevinsonScot

JanLevinsonScot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Facebook, Posting in Forums

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

This is driving me bananas, but I know Lennon from somewhere. Her IMDB profile says she was on Parks n Rec but I cant recall what her role was. Was she that uptight religious woman who took Leslie to task about a book she was promoting? I can't remember. But her face is so familiar!

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

Was she that uptight religious woman who took Leslie to task about a book she was promoting?

No, she was in the episode Canvassing, where she was opposed to building the park. Jessica has also been on P and R, not surprising because both studied at the UCB and consider Amy a mentor.

Nobody

Nobody

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

Was she that uptight religious woman who took Leslie to task about a book she was promoting?

No, she was in the episode Canvassing, where she was opposed to building the park. Jessica has also been on P and R, not surprising because both studied at the UCB and consider Amy a mentor.

Yeah Lennon was the one who said she didn't like parks because they're noisy and smell like barbecue all the time. Leslie asks her if she would change her mind if she said 9 out of 10 meth users said the same thing. Jessica played the mother of Lauren Berkis, the little girl who interviews Ron and later does a report saying that government doesn't matter.

My DVR cut off the last bit as well and I would have liked to see that last few seconds. I also didn't know the firefighter was a woman until she got into the apartment.

I am still really enjoying this show. I know she's really liked here but I'm still not feeling Queenetta. The main 3 + Rav are great though and make me laugh out loud several times each episode. I hope the show gets picked up!

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

it's gotten very little press outside of reviews. I feel like I can't turn around without seeing another article exploring to deep implications of "Girls" or about Lena Dunham, but I've seen very little about BFFs.

I highly prefer BFFs over Girls. BFFs is adorable. It makes me feel warm and happy. Girls makes me feel icky. (Obviously, really over-simplifying things, but...) BFFs is hilarious -- my one worry is Queenetta dissolving into offensive stereotyping -- I've read a couple of articles about this -- but so far that girl is just delightful.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

I love my Wednesdays of Lady comedies! I tape BFF (even though I watch it live as well) and Don't Trust the B. It feels like a neat balance of sweet and sour and they feel grown-up/mature.

An aspect of BFF that I love is the unconditional love between Lennon and Jessica. Even during the meltdown last week, I wasn't afraid they were going to end the friendship, but I hurt for both and understood where they were coming from. I apologize if this is just strange rambling. I guess, since I'm in my mid-40s, I like to see older women lead.

I'll be glad when Jessica is past the immediate divorce stage; we'll get to see her strengths more consistently. I love both leads, point to the Marshall's ads and go "There's Jess!" and got excited when Jessica was on Craig Ferguson. I am a fan hoping NBC knows they have a gem.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

Splitsider interviews Lennon and Jessica.

JanLevinsonScot

JanLevinsonScot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

Actionmage, the cherry on the sundae of Lady Comedies, for me, is Hot in Cleveland at 10:00 pm :)

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

I think I love Rav- the power to know dogs' names!

Q- Funny again!

Meaty Thighs- not that cute. OMG- "Workin' For The Weekend"! And Jess pics everywhere!

"These are too many condoms!" Ten minutes in and my sides hurt!

Q is gonna own us all! "..paid for my time."

Love Len's ring tone. Aw, Jess. You are a cougar to an elementary student, not those idiots.
"Your parents are paying for you to dress as a penis" was great!
"He deserved it." "Yeah, I did." hee

Jessica is their teen daughter!

JanLevinsonScot,I haven't tried Hot In Cleveland (the over-hyping of The magnifico Ms. White and the promos never seemed helpful), but I'll give it a try.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Meaty Thighs- not that cute.

It was Meaty Calves - big difference. I was mad he was in long pants so we didn't get to see them for ourselves.

They were idiotic not to get a lock on their door earlier. I hope they got one for the bathroom too.

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Ughhhhh! I spent months looking for this damn hip-hop song they played on Parks and Recreation a few times , every time Tom was introducing himself, or when he was partying at Entertainment 720.

There is absolutely zero information on the world wide web about this song, then they have the nerve to play it on this show, too -- it's the first hip-hop song you hear at the CougarBall. What the hell?! Is it some kind of fake song commissioned by NBC? This has been driving me crazy forever.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

• Interests:Stuff lol

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

What was lennons ringtone? I know the tune but I can't think of the name.

Also this episode was awesome. I really love this show. I don't know how well it's doing ratings wise but I rather not know I think haha.

Also I prefer this show way more than girls. I don't hate girls but it's not funny like this show, but that's jmo.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:14 AM

What was lennons ringtone? I know the tune but I can't think of the name.

Scott Joplin's "The Entertainer"?

The show's a lot of fun, but I really hope they get another season so they can start writing episodes with less high concept plots.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

Is CougarBall a real thing? I love how Lennon and Joe left immediately to "save" her.

The college kid was on Desperate Housewives and the tall guy is on Veep, right?

I loved both of the dresses that Jessica wore.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

I think it's probably because of their sketch theater background but Lennon and Jessica both really need to understand that they are now miked and on camera so they don't need to project to the last row of the audience both in terms of their voices and their mannerisms.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

Jessica didn't realize that was a college kid in the bar? I was wondering why that fetus was talking to her. It must be much darker in the bar than it appears on TV.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Bummer

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Boo - if anyone finds the unaired episodes online, please post a link or PM me.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

• Interests:Stuff lol

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

Yea I read it on twitter earlier, and it really sucks they're pulling the show. I thought it was really funny and really enjoyed it. But what can ya do.

JanLevinsonScot

JanLevinsonScot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

I'm disappointed. I wonder why? So few episodes aired, why don't they give this a chance? I loved it; it was really funny.

Bunny LaJoya

Bunny LaJoya

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

This is terrible. I watched every episode twice! Really, really enjoyed it.

Maddog1219

Maddog1219

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Add me to the list. This show was just finding its footing, and I was loving it. I too watched it twice. I was immediately in love with these characters! Man, this is a bummer!

LTG

LTG

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

Jessica and Lennon were guests on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast this week. Jessica plays a recurring character on the podcast, an intern named Marissa Wompler. Lennon's character is Marissa's "teacher". It was really funny, and Jessica's previous appearances as the character are very funny as well.

I abandoned the show after the pilot, which was just too frenetic for me. But their joint appearance on CBB was so funny that I knew I had to give the show another chance. (Marissa Wompler has been one of my favorite CBB characters for a long time, but I hadn't realized she was performed by Jessica.) After watching all of the episodes, I really like it. Only to discover that it's been canceled. Boo!

tinybaby

tinybaby

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:35 AM

There is a petition to save the show ... not sure if it'll do any good. I hope it does, since everything I like gets canceled and it's making me not want to even bother with new shows anymore.

I loved the Cougar Ball episode. "You need to learn your education" is going into my personal vocabulary, right next to "I want to go to there" from 30 Rock.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:26 AM

I'm glad that Lennon appears to be stopping the 'drop everything for Jessia whether she needs it or not' thing because that was starting to annoy me. Joe is like a saint or something, I swear. How in the world would dropping everything and driving to a different state to pick her up be a good idea? She certainly didn't expect it. She would have left on her own and been long gone by the time they came barging in there ready to 'save' her if she hadn't been convinced to stay. I know Lennos in trying to be a good friend but it is seriously annoying. How is Jessica ever supposed to recover if she's constantly being coddled?

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

• Interests:hockey, horror, science fiction, mythology, food

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

The show lost me in the first episode when Jessica was treating Joe like an unwelcome intruder in his own home, who she shouldn't have to put up with. If that had been turned around and it was some buddy of Joe's suggesting to him that Lennon should find somewhere else to be, the internet would have been full of outraged demands for his head (and rightly so).

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

I had hopes somehow the show would still be on tonight - it was listed on my DVR until Betty White's crappy show started recording.

Cyrax

Cyrax

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Final two episodes will air on June 1st at 8 pm.

http://tvline.com/20...lifetime-movie/

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Thanks for that - nowhere near as long as the wait for the last few Freaks & Geeks.