7-19: "The Broath" 2012.03.19

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

62 replies to this topic

hertolo

hertolo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

If prostitutes are "worse" than strippers, then the argument remains even if I was wrong about Mary being a stripper. If Barney advocates so strongly that prostitutes are ok to do/date, then why are strippers so damn bad?

Let's not argue about the details because the writers for sure didn't remember that far back to the first season. Let's not overanalyze it, for me this is just another sign of sitcomization where the character are made to fit the plot, and not the plot shaped by the characters.

Junkenpo

Junkenpo

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:10 AM

This wasn't the worst episode to me (beekeeper was) and I'm still not convinced I like Quinn as a character let alone as someone for Barney. Can anyone tell me if those were Loubies she was wearing in those scenes with him on the couch? The red soles are $$ which I guess is in keeping with a stripper who makes lots of money. I still think it's hilarious how clothed the strippers at that bar are.

My favorite moment was the Marshall/Ted kiss. Is it official now? Has everyone on the cast kissed each other yet? Or is that just NPH?

SydNC

SydNC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

Are you talking about "Mary the Paralegal?" I thought in that episode, Barney was trying to convince Ted that his date was a prostitute, not a stripper, and that was to build Ted's confidence to show how he'd act if he thought his date was a sure thing.

I actually found that to be one of the meanest things Barney has ever done. Mary would have been great for Ted.