Four Weddings Canada

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

MissMally

MissMally

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Four Canadian brides compete in a matrimonial showdown unlike any other when they attend - and then judge - each others weddings in the Slice series Four Weddings Canada. Every bride-to-be believes their big day will out-shine all others - and now they have the chance to prove it! In each one-hour episode, four diverse and opinionated brides attend each otherís weddings and then score them out of ten in four categories -venue, food, dress and overall experience. The bride with the highest score walks away with bragging rights and a lavish honeymoon!

http://www.slice.ca/...Title_ID=272321

Airs Wednesdays on Slice in Canada.

Ah, a format that allows for real lowballing. I know the scoring is based on the original Four Weddings from the UK rather than the TLC version. I've only made it through two episodes so far and I'm surprised at how much more catty the brides are than in the US version.

Yeah So What

Yeah So What

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

I didn't know the scoring for 4WC came from the UK version so that explains a lot. I kind of like that the US scoring makes the brides chose 1-2-3 for the categories. Maybe it doesn't stop the lowballing completely, but at least you have to give somebody a 10 somewhere.

I'm not sure just how horrendous a wedding would have to be for me to give it a 4 or a 5. I would be embarassed to be lowballing anyone's special day like that no matter what was at stake. How awful to watch this back and see some stranger give my dress a 4!!

I miss the location identifier for the Canadian show as well. Even though I live in Toronto, it doesn't mean I'm going to be recognising churches and banquet halls!

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

I don't know if I can watch this much more because of the negativity! It is all backhanded complements and "whateves". I'm sure they are told to be critical but this is just awful.

Shermie

Shermie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

It kills me when the brides dis the food as "typical banquet hall food". So what? Do they expect a five-star chef producing elaborate, presentation-style, seven-course gourmet meals for 200 people? That's close to impossible. The bigger the crowd, the more likely the food is going to be middle-of-the-road, people-pleasing regular stuff like chicken and beef. And one bride will mark the food down because the beef isn't pink enough, while the next bride gets marked down because the beef is pink. Oy, bitches, please. You're guests, have some manners.
Or they'll say the food was quite good, the appetizers were delicious, the dessert was awesome, but because the chicken was too ordinary, they give them a 5 for food.

troublecakes87

troublecakes87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

I can't get into this show. I LOVE the American one and I was so excited for the Canadian version but these brides are mean!!!! The only one I liked was the episode where there was a dancer bride who had a wedding in an old train station and another girl in the same episode got her dress from a charity that takes used wedding dresses and resells them and gives the profits to a charity of some sort.
For the most part though I would prefer to watch the U.S. version. It's one thing to be critical of small elements, but I find so much of the judging to be over the top- especially when it comes to food. It's a wedding. Wedding food will NEVER "reinvent the wheel" no matter how much you think yours will. I will say I get a kick out of recognizing some of the locations- there was one episode with a Toronto bride whose groom did all of the planning and she got married where my senior prom was.