12-5: "I'm Going to Mop the Floor With You" 2012.03.18

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

206 replies to this topic

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

I hope Dayana gets a chance to lead a task before they fire her. I am not at all convinced that she's as worthless as Lisa insists. The monologue she wrote was pretty clever, and she seems reasonably intelligent. I'm not sure how much worse she could do than the self-important windbags currently running things over at Team Forte. I still don't get what their Ivanka window design thing was supposed to be about, their Buick presentation was almost incoherent in its idiocy, and the mop commercial was cringe-inducing. Not one of their presentations seemed to sell or even really connect to the actual products involved. Ivanka's clothes: she thought about clothes and then she made them. Buick: a car with a lot of safety bags that would not kill Aubrey's mom. Mop: makes women think about sex and talk in Spanish.

I'd really like to see what the rest of the women could do on their own.

GBB

GBB

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

I hope Dayana gets a chance to lead a task before they fire her. I am not at all convinced that she's as worthless as Lisa insists.

She was PM for the Window Dressing challenge, wasn't she? She wasn't terrible, but she was utterly flummoxed when the photos weren't delivered and just stood there like a deer in headlights leaving Audrey to come up with the fix. (Can't stand Audrey, but I have to admit she saved that task).

snowbunny54

snowbunny54

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

Oh! New designs here! I was laughing during the ladies discussion at the BR about who was creative and could write. Theresa said she was a writer and has written 3 or 4 books already and that she was a writer because she has a ghost writer! Really? Does she even know what a ghost writer does? The only thing she can write is her name.

bandita

bandita

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

OMG ..just listened to Adam Carolla's podcast about NBC and Celebrity Apprentice and the call from his manager. You guys have to listen to it. Dang, I wish he stayed on the show. He wasn't going to take any crap from any of them and free speech reigns. It would have been interesting.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Do you by chance have a link? You can PM if need be. Thanks. :) I too wish Adam was still on the show too. :(

OMG ..just listened to Adam Carolla's podcast about NBC and Celebrity Apprentice and the call from his manager. You guys have to listen to it. Dang, I wish he stayed on the show. He wasn't going to take any crap from any of them and free speech reigns. It would have been interesting.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

And, speaking of disabilities, what's with Trump getting all up in Dee's face when he said "handicapped"? Is that a forbidden word now?

Trump must still have political ambitions. I think it's out of favor with the PC crowd, although I don't know what's currently being recommended as a substitute. Somebody was floating "differently-abled" for a while, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

Kstel78:

Here's the link to Adam's podcast where he exposes how the show was edited to convey a "fake" story. It was a real eyeopener:

http://www.adamcarol...n-sean-parnell/

On a following podcast, Adam talks about his agent was getting calls from the Celebrity Apprentice producers after his podcast on the editing of the show, and they were not happy about what he was revealing.

http://www.adamcarol...-fred-weintraub

I really like Adam and miss his humor on the show.

Edited by Unanimous, Mar 21, 2012 @ 5:29 PM.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

She was PM for the Window Dressing challenge, wasn't she? She wasn't terrible, but she was utterly flummoxed when the photos weren't delivered and just stood there like a deer in headlights leaving Audrey to come up with the fix. (Can't stand Audrey, but I have to admit she saved that task).

My mistake. I would still like to see how the women would do without Lisa or Aubrey or Debbie at all. I was annoyed by their comments that they carry the team and everyone else is just a cud-chewing minion. I wonder if it's that way because they want it that way.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

Thanks Unanimous! I just watched the video on huffington, where Lisa and Arsenio go at it plus the interview with Aubrey. Wow! Cant wait for sunday!

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:05 AM

Arsenio seems to be flying just slightly under the radar. I thought Trump was going to call him out on that in the last boardroom session.

I thought Lou's mopping commercial was a bit dull with only him in it. He should have included some of his teammates in the shoot, but it seemed as if he wanted to hog the camera to himself. Fortunately for him, they won (largely because the ladies' commercial was not that good). If the men had lost, I'm sure Lou's camera hogging would have been brought up.

Penn will be gone soon. I think the guys are tired of his condescending manner and are plotting his demise - with Lou leading the charge.

CarolinaFiner

CarolinaFiner

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:03 AM

This last episode has me shaking my head. What kind of crazy ass stylists do they have on this show for the women? Because no one is going to convince me these women actually have these crazy "outfits" and "jewelry" in their regular wardrobes.

Calling Ringling Bros .... three ring circus.

The celebrities also look horrible in high-def ... the thickness of the makeup is just awful.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

Arsenio seems to be flying just slightly under the radar. I thought Trump was going to call him out on that in the last boardroom session.

Or it could have been edited out. Arsenio and Adam discussed how long the boardroom sessions were compared to what was shown on the show.

nannyogg

nannyogg

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

I love this tweet just in from Penn:

Penn Jillette ‏ @pennjillette
Learning a lot from #CelebrityApprentice. Many people do follow simple edited story, but it's wonderful how many see other truths. Great.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

Lisa's irritation with Dayana could have something to do with how she is treated vs. how Dayana is treated. Before CA started airing, Lisa was filmed by a TMZ pap saying the women were given tickets to a Nick's (I think, it was a basketball game) game. She was all excited to go, then found out she had to sit several rows up while Dayana and the other pretty women sat courtside to be photographed, filmed, etc. That would tend to bug anyone I must say. (Unless you are the beautiful one getting all the perks!)

That does suck, but it's still no reason to hate Dayana. Hate the game, not the player.

kickflipper11

kickflipper11

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

He sort of is, but I don't think it's the type of under the radar that warrants calling out. He has been a solid, positive contributor in one way or another for all of the tasks, it's not like he's just blending in and not doing much (like Theresa). The only reason he is under the radar in the boardroom is that nobody has anything negative to say about him (except the fashion task I guess).

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

Nannyogg, is he still holding a grudge against this show? Geez, and I thought comedians had thicker skins. :P

SunFun

SunFun

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

Clay also has produced his own made for TV Christmas special and countless stage productions as well has concerts and benefit galas.

Yeh, but really cheesy awful from what I've seen. However, he does have an authoritative presence on Apprentice, combine that with imput from others w/ more professional tastes he should do well as PM. Always thought he came across as a petulant piss-ant, but he's keeping it in check here. (Btw, can't get over his extreme cosmetic reimaging). Anyway, I can see him winning, he's playing smartly.

Flame-headed hoochie-looking Aubrey is a horrible person, but surprisingly good in the tasks. No way Trump will allow her to win.

Finally, speaking of the Trumps. A general ugh for them and their boardroom tactics. As an adult, I'd be very annoyed to have the Donald Jrs. evaluating me. Bad enough to hear from The Donald after his Obama's birth nonsense.

Puzzles me why people go on this show. Puzzles me why I watch it online.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

We don't see enough creativity this season because of the hour devoted to Trump and the BR.

hunterbear

hunterbear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

I hope they switch the teams up soon. The women are playing to get the next woman fired while the men as playing together as a team so no one gets fired.

I knew nothing about Paul before this show but think he is a real sweetheart.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

We don't see enough creativity this season because of the hour devoted to Trump and the BR.

I'm finding the BR far too long and boring. Do you mean that this year, the BR part is a lot longer than in previous seasons (this is the first year I've watched the show).

Finally, speaking of the Trumps. A general ugh for them and their boardroom tactics. As an adult, I'd be very annoyed to have the Donald Jrs. evaluating me. Bad enough to hear from The Donald after his Obama's birth nonsense.

I read that ratings may be down this year partly because of backlash to Trump's comments during his brief run for the nomination.

Nannyogg, is he still holding a grudge against this show? Geez, and I thought comedians had thicker skins. :P

Penn says that he hasn't watched any of the show. I think that it's Adam who is still pissed off at the show, not Penn. I think that Penn's tweet refers to the fact that he's well aware at how editing can be misleading, and he finds it interesting that many people are seeing through that.

Edited by Unanimous, Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:13 PM.

luckyfive

luckyfive

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

After only watching the last half of last season I don't remember how long the BR sessions were, however, I agree they are being stretched way too long so far. I would rather see more of the team planning, contestant interaction, and carrying out the tasks with the last half hour (at most) of BR. Maybe the BR will be cut back when there are fewer people to question.

I'm sure Penn knows editing can be misleading, but how does he know how he was edited if he doesn't watch the show? He knew enough to say if he could do it over he would do several things differently.

The preview doesn't show much conflict with the men, but considering what Penn said, there may be more. There is plenty of conflict with the women--enough for both teams. Penn certainly looked like he was having a good time at the party. Juggling, dancing, and singing along with the others--maybe by that time things had been worked out.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

This episode didn't really have much conflict from Penn's side. Most of the fuss was being made by Clay and Lou, and Penn is not lashing back. He just got quiet ("pouting"), but still contributed to the task. The women are behaving more like Trump and the producers would like, showing open hostility towards each other.

I'm sure Penn knows editing can be misleading, but how does he know how he was edited if he doesn't watch the show? He knew enough to say if he could do it over he would do several things differently.

I think that because of Penn's experience in producing television shows and his understanding of these "unscripted" shows, he realizes that several different "stories" can be told from different angles (Arsenio also said this on Adam's podcast, and he is watching the show). I think that Adam's podcast (where Penn was a guest) also informed him about how the show can be edited to try to manipulate viewers, plus he said that he watched a couple of previous season's episodes before he went on the show.

In the end, it seems like Penn doesn't really care how he is portrayed and I think that because he knows what he did say, he knows that there's only so much that the producers can do to him in the editing. On his podcast, he said that if he was saying something that he didn't want aired, he would start singing "Hey, Jude", because he knew that the producers would never pay to have that song cleared for broadcast. LOL!

I think that Penn is correct when he tweeted this about the Celebrity Apprentice:

Penn Jillette ‏ @pennjillette
They show doesn't reward joy at other people's work. It rewards the degrading of other people. That's the show

3:05 PM - 19 Mar 12 via web

Edited by Unanimous, Mar 24, 2012 @ 7:10 AM.

JH1982

JH1982

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

After only watching the last half of last season I don't remember how long the BR sessions were, however, I agree they are being stretched way too long so far. I would rather see more of the team planning, contestant interaction, and carrying out the tasks with the last half hour (at most) of BR. Maybe the BR will be cut back when there are fewer people to question.

I agree with this. I want to see more of the tasks and the interactions from the contestants, not the hair putting on a show.

I can barely stand Miss Thang Aubrey for one more week. I truly have never seen anyone more self absorbed. I did not know who she was and I hope I never have to see her again after this is over.

I would love for Teresa, Dayana or Patricia to tell her to STFU! I don't see that happening but it would be sweet. I don't know how the women's team gets anything accomplished with all of the back biting and cattiness going on. It is hard to watch.

I enjoy watching the men's team. Lou does irk, but I was glad to see him win his challenge. I miss Adam and his humor. Arsenio? I can't quite figure him out, but he does seem to be a cheer leader for every task. I'm anxious to see him as PM. Clay seems solid, and Paul who I knew nothing about prior to this has impressed me. He has very little to say, but he does seem to be a team player.

Edited by JH1982, Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:45 AM.

itsallgravy

itsallgravy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

Clay seems solid, and Paul who I knew nothing about prior to this has impressed me. He has very little to say, but he does seem to be a team player.

IA. Paul has skills. He can fabricate stuff like that sign he made for the Ivanka challenge and he understands business from running his chopper business for so many years. He's an interesting, nice guy and it would be great to get to know him more rather than see lengthy "bored" room shit stirring by Donald.

Re Clay. On Adam's podcast, he said that Clay really knew how to get things done. He said that Clay would make a fantastic personal assistant for someone willing to pay 2.5 million a year for one.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

Aubrey is useless. I was really surprised by how catty she was in her THs because she wasn't like that on Making the Band. She was always a little conceited (for no reason - she wasn't the best singer or dancer in Danity Kane, and she butchered her looks), but it's increased 10 fold. I did laugh at Arsenio asking Dee what Aubrey was talking about in the deliberation room, and Dee jokingly said 'herself'. I am guessing that the men aren't fans of hers.

The women are insanely petty and angry for no reason. Patricia is the only one who I think recognizes that the pettiness won't get them anywhere.

I actually agreed with both Penn and Clay. I certainly understood Clay's frustration. If Lou is getting shot down every time they have a task, I imagine that is a very frustrating thing to watch. People have mentioned Clay's background working with special needs children, and I think that is a great point. Perhaps his experience has taught him how to handle situations that involves someone who has communication issues.

JGrabbyHands

JGrabbyHands

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

LOU - Jesus Christ, where do I begin? He's compliment starved. Such a chip on his shoulder. I know many people with various physical "disabilities" who don't allow themselves to be permanent underdogs. Also, no one wants to see you flex Lou. Stop. God, I want to turn off the tv when he starts talking because he's either bragging about himself or victimizing himself.

LISA LAMPANELLI - Up your med dosages. You have an anger problem.

DEE SNIDER - Hilarious. Bright. I'm pleasantly surprised. And his cast reminds me of a talking sock puppet.

CLAY AIKEN - One word: smarmy.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

Apparently Clay and Aubrey are on good terms after this 'episode'. They are at the Dan Wheldon tribute, Indy race today in FL. They did the National Anthem together.