11-20: "Top 11 Results" 2012.03.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

113 replies to this topic

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

As long as it was one of Heejun or Shannon, I was fine with it. Happier it was Shannon, but still call bullshit that it was an all girl bottom 3.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

My thoughts exactly. Shannon's voice wasn't ready IMO.

Elmer Fug

Elmer Fug

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

I don't get why Shannon would sing the same song that landed her in the bottom 3 and it was basically the same weak effort. I was an incredibly risky gamble and she lost big time. But I feel it should of been Heejun that should of been sent home. His performance was the worst last night. He doesn't have the vocal chops and has very limited range. He's now the weakest contestant and it will be an outrage if he continues to get votes in the weeks to come. It's a shame that Shannon got sent home because I thought she had more potential than Heejun. As for Erica and Elise in the bottom 3 that was unbelievable. I know the both are the oldest but come on!

BeachinFrizzy

BeachinFrizzy

Video Archivist

• Interests:Skiing, Skating, Beach, Singing, Cooking, Scrapbooking (although not fanatically), Kid Stuff

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

The right person went home. So happy for Elise and Erika, even though I called them both in the B3 (however undeservedly). Also surprised it was an all female B3, thought Deandre's weak-ass effort would've landed him there too but he does add interest to the tour. I thought Shannon was doing very well in her SFYL until she butchered those runs near the end. She took it with a lot of poise and class so good on her and her parents.

Maybe they should rename the show, "Iovine's Idol".

Humbled

Humbled

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Happy, happy, happy for Elise - I very much enjoyed her performance and want to see what she does next.

I think even Stevie Wonder could see that Heejun would be safe for the tour. He'll do fine - he won't have a ton of big solos, but he should be good in all the group numbers, and they may even construct some comedic situations for him. Three years ago, I caught the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour, and they had a running joke/skit throughout the whole show. It was very cleverly done, and it kept the audience really engaged over the two hours. I could them doing the same thing for Heejun.

And I'm happy to say that my cat correctly picked who'd be eliminated.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

So is Tommy Hilfiger styling from now on or has he been responsible for the shitty styling so far with the live shows? And what is this, 1995? Thanks, the macguffin.

Yay, the giants have both been taken down in the same week. And guess what? Shannon didn't listen again and her song went down the drain as soon as she started the constipation straining with the song. And mom, who's singing the song? Let's keep it that way.

And because it can never be said enough, SHUT UP, RANDY.

Edited by rustyspigot, Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:35 PM.

redpencil

redpencil

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

I feel like Elise's and Erika's fan bases probably overlap a great deal and thus they're likely splitting votes. They get overshadowed by enough of the other contestants that their combined votes just aren't enough to keep them out of the bottom three. Hopefully one or both of them has an outstanding performance next week. I liked both of them last night, but neither of them were best of the night for me.

Edited by redpencil, Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:26 PM.

the macguffin

the macguffin

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Tommy Hilfiger said that he would begin working with the kids' styling next week.
So glad Shannon is gone. And yes, Heejun should have had one of those bottom spots, and it looked like he knew it.
I know it's cheesy of me, but I do love seeing everyone hugging and consoling each other. Heejun and Phil are brothers from other mothers, aren't they?

Artemis

Artemis

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

Scary for me to see Hollie, Erika, and Heejun as the last three called up, since those are my three favorites. Glad I gave a bunch of votes to Erika last night.

DeAndre is adorable. I hope he sticks around, too.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

Now Shannon will have plenty of time to play volleyball and watch daddy on MLB Network because she should've waited a couple of years before trying out.

I don't know, I just don't get Elise. People say she's this year's Haley. Um, Elise, you are no Haley. Plus, I still think she photographs bad on HD television. That being said, I think the producers's "personality makeover" may have helped her escape being eliminated.

I am going to go on record as saying the judges will use the save on two people: Jeremy and Jessica. I don't think even Phil will be saved, kidney stones or no kidney stones.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Heejun should have gone home. He was the weakest.

But, I still think this was all planned. They brought Jermaine back knowing they were going to dump him before the Top 10. And then they are able to get rid of Shannon and the cost of another guardian for the tour.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

I missed not getting to laugh at the group sing. I assume either Jermaine had too big a part in it or Phil was not able to rehearse it. But they didn't do one this week.

Sad that the B3 were all female. HeeJun deserved to be there. But I guess that might have just encouraged his fans to vote harder next week. So maybe it was for the best. Hopefully the show will just have him singing first and his fans might forget about him by voting time.

I think Elise and Erika might be sharing fans. Once one leaves maybe the other will pick up the other's fans and stick around a little longer. I would rather Erika stick around. Elise always looks so angry it is a bit of a turnoff.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

DeAndre is adorable. I hope he sticks around, too.

Yes he is and I'm so glad he made the tour. I hope he at least makes top 5.

The right one went home I suppose. I'm not all that crazy about any of this group except for DeAndre (cut his hair and add 20 years and I'd be all over that, lol). I kinda like Erika so I'm glad she made it through. Elise gives off a tough bitch-face vibe and I don't like looking at her. The rest are kinda meh for me.

Edited by Ohwell, Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:04 PM.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

I didn't miss the group sing.

I was thrilled to see Shannon go home. She was not ready for the show, they should have told her to come back in a few years. I was happy to see Heejun was safe. He was not good last night but I am hoping that he recovers nicely.

Just put Jimmy at the Judges table. He is better then Randy.

NickyPick

NickyPick

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Damn it - I liked Shannon. I didn't have her picked for the win, but she definitely should have stayed longer than that hack Deandre.

I don't think it mattered yet what her save me song was - they weren't going to use it this early in the show anyway.

Ladyluck

Ladyluck

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

I am going to go on record as saying the judges will use the save on two people: Jeremy and Jessica.

You mean Joshua, right? Jeremy went home last week.

redpencil

redpencil

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Just put Jimmy at the Judges table. He is better then Randy.

I like Jimmy too, but I wonder if we'd feel the same about him at the judges table. As it is, he gets the benefit of being able to watch it back on tv, knowing the reactions of fans/media online, and, possibly, being privy to the voting results. Would he look so smart if he didn't have that advantage?

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

You mean Joshua, right? Jeremy went home last week.

My bad. I meant Joshua.

As for Jimmy being on the panel, I like where he is. Let him be.

I do like the fact that the judges are actually critiquing the contestants instead of kissing up to them. I wish they did more of this last year.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

I don't think Erika or Elise are going to win over anybody with their reactions tonight. Elise totally blew off Skylar and stormed off to the chairs. Erika then did an over exaggerated fist pump while Shannon stood there. They need to work on their poker faces for sure.

How much does Idol wish Chris Daughtry won season 5? So, so much.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

I think tonight all but solidified that a girl will not win this season.

When the show presents you with 2 weak performances in Heejun and DeAndre and you'd rather vote for them over Elise AND Erika, you know where this season is headed.

Shannon was the right person to go, though. She was the weakest girl, so out of her league this week and last. I just disagree completely with the Bottom 3 having Elise and Erika.

The Top 6 is so gonna be Skylar, Joshua, Hollie, Jessica, Phillip, and Colton.

I'm in the minority of those that don't mind how Elise's reacts to being in the bottom 3. If I sang my ass off and got praised as one of the bets of the night, and still ended up in the bottom 3, i'd be pissed too.

Edited by PBGamer89, Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:51 PM.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

So much that Colton was able to have dinner with him a few nights ago. Smart move on his part. It should keep him in the competition longer because of it.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Saying that Colton is a rocker is like saying a Chihuahua is a guarddog.

He's so pop/emo, though. Tight jeans and a stupid skunk hairdo doesn't make one a rocker.

He has no grit or growl to his voice. Just that whiney Jonas tone on his runs.

cartoqueen

cartoqueen

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Yeah, and you know what? Taylor won, and deservedly so, over the poor man's Chad Kroeger. Despite all his tics and old man hair and wooooos!, Taylor was by far the superior vocalist. He just didn't fit in with the music scene at the time. I've always thought he should have gotten much more support than TPTB ever gave him.

Anyway - so glad Elise was safe, she was fantastic last night. Plus I'm really learning to love her extreme bitchface. Shannon went out with tons of poise and maturity beyond her age - she seems like a really sweet girl and the other contestants seemed to adore her. Good on her.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Uncle Nigel got what he wanted. Otherwise, this week would have been declared a freebie. I am all but certain had Hee-Jun been Ameriker's bootee, he would have been saved by a sudden declaration of freebie. Same holds for several of the others, including Jessica, Deandre, Joshua, Skylar.

Someone would have to pay me to go to a concert on this tour, though.

Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Yeah, and you know what? Taylor won, and deservedly so, over the poor man's Chad Kroeger. Despite all his tics and old man hair and wooooos!, Taylor was by far the superior vocalist. He just didn't fit in with the music scene at the time. I've always thought he should have gotten much more support than TPTB ever gave him.

It's not fair to Daughtry for me not to like him because of how TPTB treated Taylor at his expense, but it is what is is - I haven't liked Daughtry since he got kicked off. I didn't care for him on his actual season, and the post-season antics just solidified that for me. He sounded crappy tonight, by the way.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

It's gonna take heavy convincing to make me believe that the save will be used on anyone but Joshua.

I predict him going out around Top 7/6 and they will save him. They have gone so overboard for him that they will save him.

AuroraAustralis

AuroraAustralis

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

Uncle Nigel got what he wanted. Otherwise, this week would have been declared a freebie. I am all but certain had Hee-Jun been Ameriker's bootee, he would have been saved by a sudden declaration of freebie. Same holds for several of the others, including Jessica, Deandre, Joshua, Skylar.

I suspect this, too. Ryan kept using iffy terms like the lowest vote getter "might" be leaving tonight.

Daughtry... I'm a fan but that wasn't good. I fast-forwarded most of it. The mic at eye level the first few minutes was annoying.

Demi Lovato WAS good, however. She's come a long way.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

The next 2 girls to leave will be Elise and Erika but will they save a wildcard or someone they "saved" already with Erika and Elise, respectively?

Remember, since the save was invented in season 8, they've yet to use it on a female contestant, nor did the saved contestant eventually place higher than 4th.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I would have liked Shannon to stick around a couple more weeks, mainly because Hejun was so awful and I can't stand Elise. Her voice is OK, but her personality sucks.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

Doesnt eliminating someone put them a week ahead? They have to use the 'save' and only eliminate one person the following week they use it. I suspected it would be Shannon, out. I would love to see Jimmy be a judge, we already see the tension building...