20-12: "After the Final Rose" 2012.03.12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

155 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

After the final rose. Ben sucks. discuss.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

So Ben watches Courtney be the exact horror show that everyone told him she was and he's mad at Courtney because it was so hard for him to watch. What a dolt!

Good for Ashley and JP.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Ben was trying to scold the viewers for not liking Courtney... suck it douchebag. You wanted her so badly, deal with it.

There is never going to be a marriage.

Courtney was trying so hard to squeeze out a tear...

LegallyRed2

LegallyRed2

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

They couldn't even throw Lindzi 5 minutes, eh? Nice.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

During this journey I've gone from liking Ben and hoping he didn't fall for mean Courtney, to thinking he deserves Courtney, to thinking Courtney deserves better than Ben.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

I love how he talked about how she made it so hard for HIM. Nothing about the other women who had to deal with her the entire time.

Why was Lindzi not on the show?

Capasora

Capasora

Channel Surfer

Forget Ben and Courtney - they are a total waste of time. Ashley and J.P. however seemed genuinely endearing.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

I'm convinced that Ashley and JP are going to name their first born bicuspid.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

I couldn't believe Ben was using the excuse that the other women weren't specific enough about what was wrong with Courtney. Kind of hard to do when you are told to "tread lightly".

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I'll be surprised if Ben and Courtney stay together past April. Who will get the People cover? Probably her, People tends to want to hear the woman's side of the story.

Speaking of the woman's side ... I'm really hoping we hear from Lindzi about how she's realized Ben is not good enough for her.

I genuinely hope Ashley and JP make it though. They're cute.

Edited by neptune42, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

I take it Lindzi was either too embarrassed to attend or didn't want to see Ben and his bethrothed. Good for her! Ashley is still annoying.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Why was Lindzi not on the show?

Normally the rejected final contestant comes and confronts the Bachelor with lots of tears and hurts. Lindzi was probably glad she dodged a bullet. That would have been awesome, but it deviates from the script.

Yeah, Courtney was trying hard to squeeze out a tear, but total fail.

dbell1

dbell1

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Someday, I'm going to want those 3 hours of my life back.

I hope Courtney shaves his head while he sleeps. Have to wonder if he picked her just because any other woman would have dumped his ugly ass after watching him skinny dipping with the 'model'?

Ashley - you dodged a major bullet! Enjoy the move, Central Jersey's very nice.

kimberlymich

kimberlymich

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Ugh. I can't stand either of them .. not sure who I dislike more. Courtney's "CRYING" is so beyond fake

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

I am so glad Lindzi didn't appear. She should be hiding in shame after her-call me- comment.

I think JP is so hot. Damn girl, you choose well!

As for Courtney and Ben...whatever, I give it 2 months.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Ashley and JP were totally cute together though. Frankly I think they made the show. I was just annoyed watching Ben and Courtney together.

And, you know, if Ben really did dump her for a few weeks... I'm no fan of Courtney's, don't get me wrong, but what does that say about you? You propose to this girl, say you're going to be there for her forever, and then as soon as it gets a little difficult you run away?

He should just be left alone. I don't like Courtney, but jeez. He doesn't deserve even her.

Shant

Shant

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I can't remember an ATFR where the show ended with the previous season's couple instead on that season's couple. Ashley and JP got the last 15 minutes, including the wrap up and the outtake with the credits. That's got to really stick in Ben's craw that Ashley pretty much gets the last word on his season. I was amused by the whole, "Woohoo, way to go Ashley and JP. You guys are great. We wish you all the best... Oh and you too Ben and Courtney. We totally wish you the best too." Although who can blame the show for putting the focus on the couple who appear to be an authentically happy couple in a grown up relationship, instead of whatever it is that Ben and Courtney have going on.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

I just can't even with Ben and Courtney. Just thinking about them exhausts me.

But love, love, loved seeing JP and Ashley again. Such a breath of fresh air after the Ben and Courtney trainwreck/therapy session.

ETA: Loved this picture of them watch ATFR on TV, too!

Edited by kenyaj, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:17 PM.

Wibnix

Wibnix

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Backgammon, reading, animals, Foo Fighters, lotsa TV.

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Courtney's dress and makeup were stunning although kind of wasted on Neanderthal Ben, who has apparently given up on grooming altogether. I don't see them making it.

Ashley and JP seemed very grounded and aware of the steps (i.e. Ashley finishing school and starting a residency, moving to New Jersey, etc.) involved in a healthy relationship. I wish them the best.

I really doubt "forever" is going to happen with Ben and Courtney.

Lastly, Ben is not a "good guy." JP is a good guy for real. Ashley knew what she was doing. I wish Lindzi had just told Ben to fuck off when he offered to walk her out.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Right?? And basically Chris tells Ben and Courtney that they're the most hated couple ever, followed by, "Ashley and JP, the Bachelor's most loved couple!!!". LOL. That was awesome.

The XZFactor

The XZFactor

Fanatic

• Interests:TV, movies, writing

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Good Lord, Courtney's attempts at crying at tonight where worse than last week's "Women Tell All." At least there she managed to barely muster up one tear. Tonight her eyese were dry as a bone. And she kept putting her hands up to her face as if getting ready to wipe away tears, but there were none available. And then she kept rolling her eyes up skyward as if trying to dredge up a memory of how to cry. At point she said "This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do." I kept thinking "What, trying to cry like a human?"

It's so clear this couple will not last, it's kind of pathetic. It was so awkward, but not really in a fun trainwreck kind of way. Just glad this stupid season is over and that I don't get roped in to watching another season of this crap.

Right?? And basically Chris tells Ben and Courtney that they're the most hated couple ever, followed by, "Ashley and JP, the Bachelor's most loved couple!!!". LOL. That was awesome.

I loved that. Pour salt in that idiot's wound.

Edited by The XZFactor, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:23 PM.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

Honestly, after watching that AFTR I feel bad for Courtney. If Ben was hoping the AFTR was going to rehab his image he should have written a better script for himself. My top three favorite "he should just shut up now" moments?

1. He was upset about how hard Courtney's behavior made it ..... on him.
2. He faults the other girls for not being more specific when he shut them up the minute "I wanna talk about Courtney" left their lips.
3. He basically leaves her to fend for herself because of the media negativity.

I'm 99% sure that whole AFTR was for show but if it wasn't? Run Courtney. Run as fast as you can.

Edited by SanLynn, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

RS tweeted that Lindzi wasn't at the ATFR because she's doing Jimmy Kimmel, Good Morning America, and Live With Kelly. Ben and Courtney apparently aren't doing the media tour now that the show is over.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

ETA: Loved this picture of them watch ATFR on TV, too!

Okay, that's pretty cute. I buy them making it to the altar. I still find her irritating and somewhat dumb. That thing about baby names was flat out idiotic. That kid is going to have one stupid, stupid name with errant Ys and silent Xs. *eye roll*

Ben is a tool. It cannot be said enough. T-O-O-L. Courtney is totally odd and fake but even she doesn't deserve that loser. How on earth he can claim this picture isn't incriminating is beyond me. That is not a friend friend. That's a hookup. Nice ass grab, Ben.

Jodhaa

Jodhaa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I don't think I could dislike a Bachelor more than Jake but Ben may be him

clubsauce

clubsauce

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Why on earth did Chris Harrison have the ring?

Venee

Venee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

So Ben watches Courtney be the exact horror show that everyone told him she was and he's mad at Courtney because it was so hard for him to watch. What a dolt!

Good for Ashley and JP.

Yes! it was quite amusing, although I didn't find Courtney to be a horror show. There's 25 women and 1 man, it seems she had at least one "friend". I don't understand the friend thing anyway, in real life Women will cut you if you go after their man. I wasn't really getting his righteous indignation, it wasn't as though she was like that nasty piece of work that was jerking Ashley around her season (I forgot his name but he called her ugly and everything under the sun). Courtney was all about snagging him. That being said, they are probably already broken up just like every other "couple" on this show. I don't see JP and Ashley getting married either.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

RS tweeted that Lindzi wasn't at the ATFR because she's doing Jimmy Kimmel, Good Morning America, and Live With Kelly. Ben and Courtney apparently aren't doing the media tour now that the show is over.

Nor should they. It'll be interesting to see what Lindzi has to say now that it's all over though.

Edited by SanLynn, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:47 PM.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Why on earth did Chris Harrison have the ring?

They can't be seen with the ring until after the final episode anyway, so I guess they take it back.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Does Ashley actually think Chris Harrison is her friend? I laughed when she was surprised he didn't remember her dog.