20-11: "Ben Gives Out His Final Rose" 2012.03.12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

114 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Please use this thread only to talk about the Finale and not the After the Final Rose show.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

WTF? 'Lindzi I am in love with you but I've fallen in love with someone else".

What kind of Koolaide are these women drinking? Lindzi apologizes for not being enough for him and then says if it doesn't work with Courtney to call her. As I've said on her before, get some dignity people!

Of course for Ben it is all about how it is hard for him.

And please no more of that David Gray song......

Wibnix

Wibnix

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Backgammon, reading, animals, Foo Fighters, lotsa TV.

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

What the holy hell was Ben wearing when he and Court were with his sister and mother? That sweater was heinous.

Can't stand Courtney's widdle baby voice. Gag me!!

Oh my dad indeed! So glad this trainwreck is over and my Mondays will belong to me and Castle again.

Laurie4H

Laurie4H

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

They repeat the same things over and over again. "I can see myself with him/her". "I can really see a future with her/her". "I want to spend the rest of my life with him/her". As my friends husband said it best. This whole show could be over in 20 minutes.
Ben said he loved Courtney for a while? Yet he has only known her 6 weeks?

24addict

24addict

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Wishing Lindzi had walked out on Ben when she realized she wasn't the one, the way Ben walked out on Ashley...

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Lindzi apologizes for not being enough for him and then says if it doesn't work with Courtney to call her. As I've said on her before, get some dignity people!

I couldn't believe she said that. She could have walked out with her dignity in tact and then there was.... that. Wow, just sad.

Edited by SanLynn, Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:11 PM.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

What the holy hell was Ben wearing when he and Court were with his sister and mother?

I KNOW! There were so many odd fashion choices this episode: Julia's hat in the voice overs for Courtney's date, Julia's hair, Courtney's baby doll dress to meet Ben's family, Ben's atrocious final rose suit.
Lindzi, though, consistently looked great. I loved her final dress.

Can anyone explain those weird dress capes to me? Is that real evening outer wear in cold places?

I hated that Ben made Lindzi's breakup about Courtney. He did it all season, but this time it seemed meaner.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

He wanted so badly for the stamp of approval of Courtney from his mom and sister. That is so fake because how can they judge her in a few hours? Courtney is not dumb, she knew enough to act nice to his family. Frankly if his mother is that respectable she would not indulge her son being a famewhore on some reality show.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

Lindzi never stood a chance. There she was pouring out her heart and all he could say was, “I am happy to hear you say that.” When she was walking toward Ben on the mountain top, and kept saying how much she loves him and couldn’t wait for him to propose, it reminded me of Kelly Jo and Bob; but that it where the similarity ended. While Lindzi told Ben to call her if it didn’t work out with Courtney, KJ wanted to push Bob off the cliff.

To the bitter end, Courtney was vengeful, manipulative and mean! Even though Ben told her that his family approved, she had to bring up the fact that Julia was concerned about her interaction with the other ladies. All the talk about being insecure, falling in love and losing Ben were done post-production, because they were voiceovers instead of talking heads.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

For me it really was the most shocking Bachelor episode ever.

Apparently Courtney can read and write!

Although she did just sign it C; she was probably just exhausted figuring out all those vowels.......

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

To the bitter end, Courtney was mean

I laughed when she said Ben was so deep (WTF?) and she didn't think Lindzi had that quality.

neptune42

neptune42

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Wishing Lindzi had walked out on Ben when she realized she wasn't the one, the way Ben walked out on Ashley...

Yes. Instead she was hard on herself for not being enough for him. And offered to take Courtney's sloppy seconds. Oh honey. He's not enough for you.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Did he really wear a vest AND suspenders on his pants but hanging to his knees not on his shoulders (really not sure what is worse) on his last date with Courtney??

Oh and I got a distinct Sarah Palin vibe from Lindzi at one point. Ugh

Edited by Vexer, Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:23 PM.

portergirl99

portergirl99

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:25 PM

Ben dresses like an old man. And when did he decide that he was just going to stop shaving totally???? Ughhhhh. So gross.

Edited by portergirl99, Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:27 PM.

chickieloveknit

chickieloveknit

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

It was obvious that Ben got all the personality in the family. Wowza - that sure ain't saying much.

Lindzi didn't seem all that broken up at the end which pleased me immensely. I know she wiped away tears in the helicopter, but you didn't actually see anything on her face. I guess they can't afford to fly the reject around in a helicopter until she breaks and gives the meltdown they demand the same way they do with the limo.

I also call BS on her "call me if things don't work out" statement. You couldn't see her face when she supposedly said that. Ben could have made his signature nod to a million different things that she actually said.

Clueless

Clueless

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

"I'm still shaking" - Ben Flajnik

awaken

awaken

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Ugh, what a dweeb.

Lindzi didn't seem *that* upset afterwards, honestly. The emotion in the beginning in her anticipation of the proposal didn't seem real, either. I think she'll be just fine, and better off if Ben doesn't call her when it doesn't work out with courtney! I can't believe she said that! She is so much better than that. "I fell in love with you, and can see myself as part of your family...BUT I'm in love with someone else."

Oh yes, he is deep! if she considers conversations like "yeah....great....uh huh" deep.

I did like the evening gowns though. Those capes sure did add a touch of drama!

Ben is now two for two!

What an absolute farce.

TiredMe

TiredMe

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

Lindzi wasn't even crying. But please, if it doesn't work out, call me?? Grossest moment of the season by far. That is all.

Linky Loo

Linky Loo

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

What was up with Courtney wearing black gloves? Wasn't she expecting him to put a ring on it? If you're worried about being cold you might try wearing something with sleeves.

stretchess

stretchess

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Easily the most entertaining thing I've ever seen on this show was Courtney whipping off her elbow-length leather glove to shove her ring on. The most fabulous DRAMATIC soap opera diva behavior. Typical Courtney.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

The whole scene between Courtney and Ben's sister was so weird. So Ben's sister is prejudiced against models, and when Courtney showed up and she wasn't a monster, suddenly they felt relief? She totally bought the fact that all the other girls must be jealous of Courtney and mean to her first. Are people really so convinced that all models are horrible people that if they're not evil then they must be sweet and deep? And they believe that all other women are intimidated by models?

Eh, whatever. I hope this is the last we see of these two. Good thing I don't read the tabloids.

I didn't care for either of the dresses or the capes so I didn't even have that. Are capes a Swiss thing? The spot they chose was amazing.

Edited by Joymarie, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:08 PM.

Zelle999

Zelle999

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Ugh. Courtney was insufferable.. right to the very end. Ben's gotta live with that ridiculous fake laugh and baby voice F O R E V E R (or the contractual three month engagement period).

What a fairytale!

shmeep

shmeep

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I'm fairly certain that Ben's sister is Ben in drag--or what he would look like if he shaved.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I thought it was a huge d-bag moment when Lindzi said she was sorry she wasn't enough for him (or whatever the exact wording was), and he just... stood there. Any kind of decent man would have at least said something along the lines of, "No, you're wonderful and amazing and you'll make some man very happy, blah blah blah," but, nope. Nothing. As in he's basically agreeing. Sorry Lindzi, you're not good enough for me.

God, he is such a creep.

TarHeelTeacher

TarHeelTeacher

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Maybe she wants him to call her so she can blow her rape whistle into the phone like my grandma used to do to telemarketers and prank callers.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I’m glad Ben didn’t let all the Emily/Kacie 8th grade jealousy crap deter him. But they (the “girls” – quite appripriate) did shake things up. Even his sister and mother were leery, but they came around.

If he loves Courtney and they want to be together that’s just the way it is. They both need to shut out all the external negativity.

Lindzi . . .”if things don’t work out, call me” . . .really? Ick. Move on girl, you gave it your all. Time to close that chapter.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:14 PM.

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

No, BenSister. "WARY" and "LEERY" are what Ben should be of Courtney.

"WEARY" is what we are now of her, and so you soon all shall be.

clubsauce

clubsauce

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Thank you for the laugh, shmeep! Personally, I was distracted by the unfortunate acne breakouts on EVERYONE!

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Goodbye season. Hello Monday nights.

Lindzi's FRC dress/cape combo was straight out of Middle Earth. She looked like a extra from Lord of the Rings. Heinous.

Ben is a cold fish. Worst breaker-upper ever. I'm in love with you. But...I'm in love with someone else. <pause> Can I walk you out? What? Nice. What a tool.

Lindzi's final plea was so embarrassing. Get some self respect. You dodged a bullet, girl. Go find yourself a cowboy. And some better makeup advice. Seriously.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

No, BenSister. "WARY" and "LEERY" are what Ben should be of Courtney.

"WEARY" is what we are now of her, and so you soon all shall be.

No, actually I'm not weary or leeary or leery at all. He made his choice and she accepted. It's over. However, I wasn't crazy about sister - she seemed a bit off. Maybe she'll meet someone soon, but I don't see her as bachelorette material. Maybe craigslist.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:20 PM.