18-3: "Cat Deeley" 2012.03.14

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

188 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

The women have to create an ad campaign, which includes casting, wardrobe, providing props and hair and make-up. During the challenge, the models are mentored by Kelly Cutrone, who intimidates some of the women. At the photo shoot for the campaign, some of the models cannot handle the critique and start to break down. One model in particular clashes with Kelly and walks off the judging panel. Kelly Cutrone and Nigel Barker join guest judge Cat Deeley and Tyra Banks on the judges' panel for elimination.

billyjster

billyjster

Channel Surfer

• Interests:At the moment (and TV related), it's Top Model, Desperate Housewives, Dexter, and Heroes.

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Next Doorsia....

Next Doorsia.

My life is officially complete. I have nothing else to learn ever again.

Mxytdvc

Mxytdvc

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

"We like to think we offer constructive criticism." I could be wrong, but what, exactly, is constructive about saying "your attitude sucks, and you were rude to me." That sounds like a personal attack.

Constructive would be like this: "We think you take good photos, but you should work on your attitude so you don't appear rude."

Oakwhiz

Oakwhiz

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Gosh, these girls just want to be models. Isn't that enough? No, apparantly Tyra is looking for a mini-me.

Be a model THEN go onto other things in life.

Good for Louise! I hope she becomes a super model and outshines all the past winners (who, by the way I've never seen in ANY magazines, and I subscribe to tons).

I like Ashley. I hope she wins. I also like the Brits better than the Americans (and I'm an American).

jeromycraig

jeromycraig

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Constructive would be like this: "We think you take good photos, but you should work on your attitude so you don't appear rude."

In Kelly Cutrone's defense (a phrase you never would have convinced me I would ever use before tonight), Louise probably would have reacted the exact same way.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Wow Kelly Cutrone is one bitter, bitter woman. I'm glad the model walked off, she's better off. Kelly was just plain rude and I didn't find anything she said as good advice. And I doubt she would have eaten her words and said the pic was good. This episode was just awful.

Sour K

Sour K

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Oh, man. I like Louise, and I'm sorry to see her go this way, but I agree with her 100%. That Kelly Cutrone chick is terrible. She was obviously hired to play more of a Janice Dickinson role, and she'd been insanely rude to everyone she's spoken to all season. Even before Louise freaked out, I actually gave my TV the finger when Kelly started to bitch about how Louise had a "bad attitude" during the shoot. There's no situation where you should just let someone talk to you like that, least of all because you want to be on a dumb reality show. Viva Louise!

Second most shocking thing to happen: My jaw dropped open when Tyra explained Modelland or Model Land or however you say it to a whole new group of contestants. After the humiliation last season and everything! And what was she wearing?! With the neon breast... strap... thing?

I like AzMarie and Sophie, but otherwise I kind of hate this season.

StarryDreamer

StarryDreamer

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

WTH is the point in having a theme when it wasn't even mentioned in panel? The Brits had a really strong theme, their makeup, hair and clothes were dead on. The Yanks had... something. Not sure if it is even a theme. And yet a Yank won? Please. The lack of cohesion alone should've cancelled out Azmarie's photo. I liked the photo well enough, but I didn't think it was the strongest, nor did it reflect their theme. Louise's was the strongest, IMO and again the Brits lose.

Good for Louise for sticking them to it. Nigel was doing the wash-rinse-repeat that they always do. Find something to nag on that is stupid. You look too angry in this photo. You know what? Who cares. She rocked the photo. Duck lips should've gone home. What a waste. I wonder who Tyrant would've sent home had Louise not left.

And ENOUGH with Modeland. Stupidest idea for a book, period. they had to do a theme, casting, etc. AND incorporate their stupid nicknames? Please. And Eboni had the worst. Never-30 or whatever it was? On the subject of Modeland, if you haven't already, you must stop what you're doing and read the comments on the book over at Amazon.com. They are priceless. I LOL'd so hard reading page after page.

Oakwhiz

Oakwhiz

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

Wow Kelly Cutrone is one bitter, bitter woman. I'm glad the model walked off, she's better off. Kelly was just plain rude and I didn't find anything she said as good advice. And I doubt she would have eaten her words and said the pic was good. This episode was just awful.

Very true to everything you said. And I hope Kelly won't be back next season either.

Mxytdvc

Mxytdvc

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

In Kelly Cutrone's defense (a phrase you never would have convinced me I would ever use before tonight), Louise probably would have reacted the exact same way.

Maybe. But if Kelly is going to dish out (not so) constructive criticism, she should at least read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" to find out a way give it out so they don't take immediate offense and storm off. Especially in the context of a high-pressure competition, the last thing you need is someone going "Hey, this is how much you suck".

Edited by Mxytdvc, Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:15 PM.

BitchySmurf

BitchySmurf

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

That was awesome. It's been so long since we've seen anyone really talk back at panel. Louise never seemed like a prize on her season of BNTM (and on BNTM actual modeling is part of the judging criteria. I know you're shocked.) I don't doubt she has a bad attitude. But how bitchy was it to say to someone who is flustered, "don't act flustered on set" when she has two minutes to get a great photo? How is that helping?

I didn't realize the job description of publicist was to inflict emotional distress on the people working the shoot! She told Annaelise she sucked, basically. Tried to do the same to AzMarie, but AzMarie has apparently seen this show and knows you have to act like everything the judges say is gospel. (ASIDE: I think this means she has a good shot of winning.)

The worst part was when Kelly was all, "I was going to eat my words and say she pulled out a great shoot." BUT YOU DIDN'T. You started harping on her AGAIN.

I miss Janice right now. Because Janice would be like, "Why yes I am a bitch and I was there to freak you out. Deal with it." Not pretending her fake publicist job gives her license undermine everyone.

I love Sophie. When they showed them all crying she was all eyes and hair. She is like a tiny pink-haired puppy. I know she won't win because she'll get the "too commercial" criticism eventually. But still. I want to put her in my pocket.

ETA: Ye, gods! The stupid nicknames! I almost forgot. They all sounded like low-rent drag queen names.

Edited by BitchySmurf, Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:23 PM.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Sophie needs to go home next week so that I'll have absolutely no reason to continue watching. I've considered giving up on a season before, but this is for real. I don't know how much stupidity I can take.

Kelly Cutrone is such a putrid bitch. And for weeks now she has responded to her haters on twitter with insults and passive-aggressive comments, which irks me. She's also joking about getting a bodyguard for next season, and the fact that she thinks she's still going to be there worries me. A lot.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

A Modelland AND "When I went to Harvard" reference in one Tyra lesson? Way to mulTY-task. Oh, I should trademark that before Tyra steals it.

Seymone continues to be a God damn killjoy. And her picture looked like she was working at the point.

The British girls still are winning me over.

Felix541

Felix541

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

Even before Louise freaked out, I actually gave my TV the finger when Kelly started to bitch about how Louise had a "bad attitude" during the shoot. There's no situation where you should just let someone talk to you like that, least of all because you want to be on a dumb reality show. Viva Louise!

I get your point - because Kelly is a raging bitter bitch and part of her role on the show is to be a instigating bitch at that. But Louise bitched and moaned last week as well, because she knew everything and didn't want her hair cut. Now she lost her shit over being told not to run around the set. She did have a bad attitude and anyone who's watched the show knows that Tyra wants her winner humble and grateful. Part of being successful in any field is learning to keep your mouth shut on your way up.

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

This season feels like some kind of Harvard business school thesis:
Cross Marketing & Branding in Prime Time TV 101

Thank god for Kelly Cutrone who is the only interesting person on this show.
Besides Azmarie whom I am currently girl crushing on.

Jayden Kent

Jayden Kent

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

"Four beautiful young ladies stand before me. BUT! I only have four photos in my hands! And this photo, coz I'm pretending I'm only holding one, represents the girls who are still in the running toward becoming Tookie."

Sorry, that's all I got tonight.

phoenix780

phoenix780

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

There's something that feels cheaper about the production on this show. And the background music seems louder.

I guess when they have the girls do the styling and setup each girl can shoot individually. Seems like it's been awhile since there wasn't a group shot.

I'm with Louise for walking out. If Kelly is supposed to be more like Janice...she sucks at it. I liked Janice way back when, so far Kelly has had one line I've appreciated and that was tonight at panel when she looked at Tyra and said flat-out "another example of personality compensating for weak modeling" or however exactly she said it. That was cool. Other than that, though, I'm not a fan.

I was also wondering why the themes they had to pick had nothing to do with who won. The Americans had decent photos but only one was really punk, imho. That should have played into it a bit more.

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

I was soooo happy when Louise freaked her shit out, but I was very disappointed she didn't go all out and yell and scream and call them all bitches, at least she could have pulled off her heels and stab somebody, I was very disappointed in Louise.

Tyra Banks is an asshole (see ANTM: Cycle 1 - 17), there was no constructive criticisms, it was just the judges being a bunch of assholes. What good does Kelly Cutrone (asshole #2) think when she tells someone not to run around the shoot and watch their energy, and then they disagree, and THEN call them condescending, what good can come out of that? Good TV? Yes!! Her looking like a jackass? Yes!!

The nick names? WTF was that?

blaase

blaase

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

This episode was probably the best since cycle 10.
I liked Louise but bitch is a big baby.

Androgenia for the win!!

Saintz

Saintz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Horror Movies, Graphic Design, Vh1's trashtastic reality shows, Desperate Housewives, Project Runway, Nip/Tuck, ANTM. Also, English is not my first language so please grant me a little bit of your patience if I screw up in my posts, thanks!

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

Seymone, shut the fuck up. Ugh, she's so annoying and god forbid anyone who dares to have some mindless fun. Gawd. The first part of the episode was giving me some serious Flavor of Love vibes. Seymone actually resembles Delishis, IMO. I think it's pretty telling that none of the US girls came into her defense. The segment must have been edited down because in the previews the fight seemed bigger.

I like Tyra when she gives actual advice like in C15 with the portfolio stuff not when she gives the hamsters stupid nicknames. Half of them sounded stupid and half of them sounded like stripper names.

I bet Kelly Cutrone's bitchiness was also toned down for the show because I didn't think she said anything to bad to Louise but her freakout was all kinds of awesome. And she looked gorge in her pic. I wonder if she's gonna be giving interviews tomorrow.

I love Candace but it's frustrating how she doesn't do much in the photoshoots, I bet she's going out next. She's been receiving the same criticism two episodes in a row.

Kyle's head looks humongous with those bangs and hairstyle, they really fucked her up.

AzMarie. I can't with her fierceness.

I know I compared this episode to FoL already... but damn, Laura gave me the Rock of Love hotestant vibe during panel and Tyra's "lesson", shaking her ass all over the place.

I love Sophie. When they showed them all crying she was all eyes and hair. She is like a tiny pink-haired puppy. I know she won't win because she'll get the "too commercial" criticism eventually. But still. I want to put her in my pocket.

She's been getting tons of screentime, it's suspicious. I would love her to win but she reeks runner-up to me :(

CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

But how bitchy was it to say to someone who is flustered, "don't act flustered on set" when she has two minutes to get a great photo? How is that helping?

Yeah, Kelly was right in saying that running around like crazy isn't going to help (and this was before Louise was even in makeup and hair, so she's not running to her two-minute shoot) - it makes everyone around you get amped up a little too, subconsciously, and it gets you flustered physically which just makes it harder for you to calm down when you need to. But Kelly didn't go about it in a very constructive manner and the notion that one has to grovel and smile to be considered polite and professional is annoying.

Seymone, shut the fuck up. Ugh, she's so annoying and god forbid anyone who dares to have some mindless fun.

Seriously? I thought she handled it just fine. If I'm sleeping, and some bitches think it's hilarious to harass me awake, I will be pissed and I will nip that shit in the bud. Or I'd get catnaps when I could and then set my alarm to go into the UK room at 3am and shake every one of them awake. "What? It's funny! Why don't you like fun?" After Day Three of that, I could probably stop worrying about them having "fun" at my expense again. I am not there for their entertainment. If the girls had just apologized right away, Seymone probably would have gone back to bed, but they pulled the "What? What? We're just having fun!" bullshit and she wasn't having it.

Edited by CoyoteBlue, Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:56 AM.

dyanad

dyanad

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:33 AM

All I can say to Louise is "5 G's Please" (Good God Get A Grip Girl).

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

But Louise bitched and moaned last week as well, because she knew everything and didn't want her hair cut.

Since she is a working model with an agency and knows what her agency wants from her, she kind of does know everything about her situation. I just can't figure out why she agreed to come on this show to begin with. She has a career. She's fucking gorgeous. She didn't need this shit. Good for her for walking out.

As for Cutrone, she's a worthless bitch, but I wouldn't want Janice back either. She was a worthless, self-important bitch, too. I don't need anymore worthless bitches in my life.

I love Sophie more every episode. She's my girl this season.

Edited by BDArizona, Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:40 AM.

hatchetgirl

hatchetgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:45 AM

Kelly Cutrone has always been a bitter, shitty, bitch. Ugh. I feel like she doesn't have anything to offer anyone. :(

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:31 AM

But how bitchy was it to say to someone who is flustered, "don't act flustered on set" when she has two minutes to get a great photo? How is that helping?

Yeah, Kelly was right in saying that running around like crazy isn't going to help (and this was before Louise was even in makeup and hair, so she's not running to her two-minute shoot) - it makes everyone around you get amped up a little too, subconsciously, and it gets you flustered physically which just makes it harder for you to calm down when you need to. But Kelly didn't go about it in a very constructive manner and the notion that one has to grovel and smile to be considered polite and professional is annoying.

At that point there were 12 minutes left to do everything: get dressed, do hair, do the shoot. So for Kelly to get in Louise's face and telling her not to run was not only obnoxious, but also cost Louise time she couldn't afford to lose. If I had been in her shoes, I would have told Kelly to get out of my face and not speak to me again until the shoot is over. Where Louise lost me was her reaction to Cat Deeley, since Cat was the only one on that panel actually giving constructive criticism.

Edited by chocolatine, Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:32 AM.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

Kelly Cutrone could say "it's raining out" & she would say it like a bitch. I'm glad Louise didn't back down, I don't think I've hated any of the judges as much as her. What I don't get is her "I'm the boss" attitude, she's a publicist, she works for other people, they don't work for her.

WTF was up with the nicknames? 30-never? Next Dorsia? Glam whatever it was? Has Tyra just gone insane?

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:47 AM

I am just so overly happy and excited that a girl actually grew a backbone and was willing to cut one of the bitches on panel and just stomped out. Although Victoria from C9 came close to doing that, but she didn't feel the hatred that Louise was spilling. Louise is now my favorite contestant ever!

love danielle

love danielle

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:57 AM

All I can say to Louise is "5 G's Please" (Good God Get A Grip Girl).

Hey "Latrice"...lol

Louise was all kinds of awesome. Sophie has become my favorite even though I love all the Brits. Laura's photo was pretty. I think she is the only US girl I am liking. I'd like a final 3 between her, Sophie and Catherine.

Kelly Cutrone is always rude but I will say that she knows her business. It's just her approach. But yes, let's bring Janice back. And was she a spokesmodel for Cover Girl in tonight's episode?

And once again, the opening is horrendous. I think one more episode for me. I just can't. Modelland...are you serious?? These are not 5 year old contestants. Treat them like adults Tyra!

Edited by love danielle, Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:59 AM.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

I miss Janice.......or Miss Jay. Hell, I miss the Ooompah Loompah from back in the day. They were better from LC's grandma from The Hills. That is her grandma, right? I don't remember much of The Hills. It was a scary place and if I add that to Tyra Banks and the Jays I might explode and have a Shakeover.

I like the new theme song, but I hate when Tyra offers whatever is on her cheek. What is that? Left over barbeque sauce or something worse?

Edited by Linds09, Mar 15, 2012 @ 3:36 AM.

BitchySmurf

BitchySmurf

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:33 AM

At that point there were 12 minutes left to do everything: get dressed, do hair, do the shoot. So for Kelly to get in Louise's face and telling her not to run was not only obnoxious, but also cost Louise time she couldn't afford to lose. If I had been in her shoes, I would have told Kelly to get out of my face and not speak to me again until the shoot is over. Where Louise lost me was her reaction to Cat Deeley, since Cat was the only one on that panel actually giving constructive criticism.

Yes, running around flusters everyone else on set; I don't disagree with Kelly IN THEORY. But when you have to do it to make things work, you have to. I thought these criticisms were something that should've been brought to the attention of the team leader and not the girl who had to go on camera in less than 10 minutes. Because who was supposed to be in charge of time management? Or, alternatively, it could've been saved for panel as constructive criticism that in the future it's considered in poor taste to run around a set.

It seemed to me like she was trying to break Louise's focus while she was getting prepped. Does Kelly usually go around antagonizing the model just before the shoot? Isn't everyone on set supposed to be there to help get the best photo possible? (Even if this is a fake ANTM challenge?) Is that not the job?

I dunno. I thought it WAS rude of Kelly Cutrone. And when Louise said that, then panel erupted like "Judges cannot be rude. Judges are perfect and everything they say is a brilliant pearl of wisdom!" I'd have said, "Screw that I'm out" too.