My Crazy Obsession

• Please log in to reply

87 replies to this topic

OneTwo083075

OneTwo083075

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 9:19 AM

That woman is sick in the head. Not because she likes rats, but rather, she lost all sense of perspective and is living in an alternate reality with the rats. She said that when she'll go to heaven, there will be lots of rats and it will be heavenly.

I almost felt bad watching the show last night, because I kept on feeling the urge to burst out laughing. This lady was so clearly out of touch with reality, the emotion that showed on her face when she was talking about her rats cracked me up. Her poor son. I don't know how old he is, but as soon as I could I would hightail it out of that woman's life. Can you imagine the self-esteem boost he gets from hearing "I love rats more than people." Raggedy Robin creeped me out, and it was hilarious watching the neighbors get creeped out by her. She and her husband were sweet people though, and not harming anyone (well, except their son who seemed to get the humor of the situation). But if I never saw rat lady and her brood again, it would be too soon.

MiniDriver

MiniDriver

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:02 PM

I feel sorry for wig girl. It seemed pretty obvious her boyfriend wasn't considering marriage. I think him saying "I'll always be your girl" was telling. He doesn't want to be her man. He seems to enjoy cross-dressing, but is her acceptance of that enough?

And YES to the x-Files reference above to serial killer Donnie.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 1:42 AM

I don't think I've ever seen this show before and tonight I wound up watching several episodes. Raggedy Ann lady was strange, the Barbie woman even stranger (her daughter was cute as a button, though), the rat lady, jeez. I don't think I'd want to be in a building where a resident has a bunch of rats that she lets run loose.

The rabbit couple were too much; I hate that bleached blond, red lipstick look. It's very harsh and not attractive at all. There was too much rabbit clutter to see the more interesting pieces. But I will admit to losing it when they showed the freeze dried rabbit. I'm a rabbit mom and all I could think of was we should have freeze dried our last rabbit baby. We have a wee one now and the very thought of her passing on just makes me cry (and I consider myself a hard ass). I thought the freeze dried rabbits looked pretty good and don't think I'd mind one in the house. Maybe away from the public rooms. : )

So I am officially a nut case, crying over dead rabbits and thinking it wasn't really that bad to have a freezer full of rabbits awaiting freeze dried-ness. I would have a separate freezer, though.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

I thought the pig lady's family were good sports. The husband lets her do whatever she wants, and the kids even came over for a little party to welcome their new pig. I thought the 3 houses were super cute. But having the pet pig eat the pig cake was a tad bit weird to me.

The rabbit people were a lot creepier. Keeping dustbunnies? Dead rabbits in the fridge? A freeze dried rabbit on the table? EWWWW!!!

The Barbie chick was very strange, to me. She kept saying she loves Barbie because she is positive and nice and doesn't judge her. It made me wonder if something happened in her childhood that made her really put up walls. I mean, she did manage to get married and have a kid - but she seems to spend most of her time alone w/ her dolls. Or dumpster diving for dolls. It was pretty sad.

The power-lifting family...I don't know. I did worry about the kids, if that could possibly be harming their little bodies. But I did like how they had an activity to all do together, and were really supportive of each other. I'd like to know how they make a living, because their food bill alone has got to be astronomical.

Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

$9.99 Wal-Mart Halloween costumes custom-made for $300: Nutcase weeps for mommy's love of Barbies, then babbles "Barbies are always happy." See, mental health professionals, this is what happens when you prescribe horse-doses of anti-depressants.

Fifteen years of "dust bunnies" in Ziploc bags: See, mental health professionals, this is what happens when you prescribe horse-doses of anti-depressants. Worse still, freezers full of the some of the dumbest animals in the kingdom. To freeze-dry. At a prohibitive cost. See why China is kicking our economic butts? They invest in means of production, we freeze-dry rabbits and dust figurines for 7 hours a day.

Oink, squee, oink: See, mental health professionals, this is what happens when you prescribe horse-doses of anti-depressants to the spouse of a nutcase. Anyone for freeze-dry ham? Mmmm delicious.

Tires on steroids: Imma gonna guess that they can't go to a regular gym because of 'roid rage incidents. When the cholesterol and the performance-enhancing drugs give him cardiac arrest, are the kids doing to put the hearse on neutral and pull it?

Sleepyhead Case

Sleepyhead Case

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 1:23 PM

Hahahaha, that was sooo crazy! When they showed the tiny snippet of her at the beginning I was like - "is that Pauly D's stalker???"

Oh man, when I saw this yesterday, I was thinking, "Well, if she's not stalking anyone, it's harmless and kinda cute." Yeah, not so much now. I did crack up when she said that Chris Christie was "the Governor of the whole Jersey Shore."

OMG those bunny people. Super sick that they had them in the freezer - Jesus, I hope not alongside frozen pizza or something. And having the freeze dried bunny on the restaurant table? I hope they have industrial strength Clorox wipes.

Raggedy Ann lady. I didn't understand the whole revival thing. I think the people who went wanted to be on TV, and also were curious about her. In the "is this chick for real?" kind of way.

Barbie mom. Wow. When she searched for them in the trash and sat in the tub to wash them? No words.

See, mental health professionals, this is what happens when you prescribe horse-doses of anti-depressants.

My "on horse-doses of anti-depressants" ass laughed and laughed. Aside from the stalker girl, they seem relatively harmless. I suppose this is their coping mechanism. And they seem happy. Complete and utter head cases =), but happy headcases.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

What amazes me is that these nutcases, like Bunny Lady, actually find partners who will go along with this insanity and don't mind having their homes rendered unusable. And yeah, her bleached hair and smeared red lipstick brought "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" to my mind.

I dearly love my pets, but would never ever have them stuffed or freeze dried and displayed in my house. I think it's very disrespectful to the animal to turn it into a dust catcher.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

It's not a dust catcher if you dust it. : )

I forgot about the dust bunnies. Yes, that was weird and stupid at the same time.

What I don't understand about these people who collect stuff is that there is so much of it, how do they take enjoyment in looking at the items? As a rabbit person, I have a rabbit themed guest bath (I'm filling out the casting call for this show as I type) : ) and a lot of rabbit decorating items. I don't see it as any different than people who have cat items all over, or tons of doggie statues, or elephants with upturned trunks. It may not be high art, but it makes us happy. The thing is, though, is that I can see my individual pieces and I move them around for the seasons or put them on a shelf until it's time for them to come out again. My house isn't jammed full of rabbit items.

I just remembered that the rabbit people had a room with live rabbits in it, right? We've thought of the same thing - put vinyl on the floor, their litter pans and toys and let 3-5 rabbits have fun in their own space.

Oh, god. I think I have a problem.

AngelaHunter44

AngelaHunter44

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2013 @ 7:39 AM

We've thought of the same thing - put vinyl on the floor, their litter pans and toys and let 3-5 rabbits have fun in their own space.

Oh, god. I think I have a problem.

It's not a problem if you have the space and the time to care for the bunns. So many of them are dumped in shelters and would love having a good home.

Bunny Lady was on "Oddities" last night. If only I could remember why.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 12:33 PM

Hahahaha, that was sooo crazy! When they showed the tiny snippet of her at the beginning I was like - "is that Pauly D's stalker???"

Oh man, when I saw this yesterday, I was thinking, "Well, if she's not stalking anyone, it's harmless and kinda cute." Yeah, not so much now. I did crack up when she said that Chris Christie was "the Governor of the whole Jersey Shore."

A favorite blogger of mine has named her the "Taylor Lautner" stalker of Pauly D because she bears a striking resemblence. As soon as I saw her I had to go alert the masses (readers of the blog) because I couldn't believe it was really her.

And she saves the diapers for JLo. And, I about died too when she said Chris Christie was the Governor of Jersey Shore.

I don't know why the Raggedy Ann lady creeped me out. Wished R. Ann a 97th birthday? What's the point of doing a gathering? Awareness of R.A.? What's there to be aware about?

I wasn't watching enough of the rat lady. Was the old man she was divorcing the son's father? I mean, did they have the same last name? I just can't waith her. Rat tails creep me out. It's like extra long skin.

The series opening is just weird. When they play that music and show that doll head? Gives me the willies!

Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 4:45 PM

I find people that are besotted with pets utterly ridiculous and the lady that spent half a million on squirrel outfits took the cake. All that get-up to take a photo of a squirrel in front of a miniature White House? I have Photoshop, peanuts and a few nervy squirrels in my backyard, I can do better than her so-called "money shot."

And what did the gracious and formerly gorgeous Barbara Eden do to herself?

She Jocelyn-Wildenstein'd herself, it made me very sad.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 5:20 PM

Something about Squirrel Lady, her Happy Grinch husband, and Sugar Bush had me in gales of laughter. Maybe it's because I watched them right after "Hoarders," that it all seemed like harmless fun in a nice, clean house. The kissing was a bit scary though. I'm afraid Kelly is going to get her lips bit off by her "baby girl," someday.

cynicat x

cynicat x

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

What scares me is that I had heard about Sugar Bush squirrel a few years ago, and the woman has apparently made a decent living from this. There are lots of things for sale on her website. I've been tempted to buy a card or two myself--they make me laugh.

aliyameadow

aliyameadow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 9:48 PM

I watched the Sugar Bush episode. Half of me was wondering if they had all this love and attention to give, why didn't they have or adopt kids? The other half of me said it was a good thing they didn't reproduce.

<Insert mandatory 'I understand that it's their money' statement here> I'm not a person who cries over all the bad in the world, but I kept thinking wasn't there a charity that could use the money they spent on that damn squirrel? Could they have bought clothes for kids who needed them? I know in my town they take up a collection for kids coats in the winter. I don't think I could live with myself if I hadn't done my charitable work first, THEN spent money on that garbage. Maybe they did and it wasn't part of the show, but the whole lifestyle looked awfully self-centered to me.

Do you know what a squirrel is? A rat with good PR.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 10:03 PM

I laughed because she just keeps on replacing them and naming them Sugar Bush. There isn't a S.B., Jr. or S.B. IV. Where does she get them? Her backyard?

I love these people that go on TV and declare to be absolutely in love with this obsession. A few months ago I had to move back home and with my dad. These squirrels keep getting into the attic from under the awning. And of course it's right above my bedroom. We closed it up so more won't get in, but for MONTHS now it wakes me up scratching around up there. We've tried to open back up so he can get out and he never did. I don't agree, but he just assumes let it starve up there because he's too cheap to pay for pest control to come get it. Anyway, not to go on anymore with personal stuff, but all I kept thinking is would she actually go up in an attic to get her beloved squirrels she claims she loves so much? I doubt it. No doubt, I think rat lady would do it for a rat any day. But I bet Kelly wouldn drop her squirrel love the minute she would be asked to anything anything physical or dirty to have a new squirrel pet.

Edited by ShaNaeNae, Apr 22, 2013 @ 10:46 AM.

Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

WOW her SugarBush photographs are just terrible. The lighting is a crying shame and I feel sorry for the animal. That's definitely something that calls for photoshop.

I could make her little outfits, though, I wouldn't mind lowering myself to knitting squirrel sweaters for a cool quarter mill.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2013 @ 3:35 PM

The ultimate "I Dream of Jeanie" fan.

IBM62

IBM62

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 10:41 AM

Saw a bunch of episodes of this show last night. They had a marathon and I just couldn't stop watching! I think there's actually more of a "freak show" quality to this one than to "My Strange Addiction." I don't know, they really seem to be poking fun of most of these people, who all seem entirely unaware of how creepy they must seem.

I had to wonder if Sugar Bush Squirrel even likes being dressed up like that. Some of those outfits don't look very comfortable. And yeah, it's super weird that all of her dead "siblings" were also called "Sugar Bush." Kind of takes away from the notion that she's just like the family's "daughter" if she is so easily replaced.

Rat lady was even more disturbing. She says that rats mean more to her than people and that when one is sick, its "exactly like" if one of her children was sick. But, don't they only live for about three years anyway? And the one with the tumor was already pretty old and probably nearing the end of its natural life cycle! Plus, she has twenty-something other rats at home. And spending thousands of dollars on surgery for an already old rat? Very weird. I wonder if she would care half as much if her own son was sick and/or died. She pretty much asserted on national TV that he was way less important to her than her pets.

Then, there's the mustard obsessed guy. I didn't really have a problem with him until he said he brushes his teeth with/shaves with mustard every day. Yuck. Dude must STINK and his teeth must be in horrible shape!

Raggedy Ann Cult was pretty hilarious, though. She seemed harmless, but I'm sure as soon as she left after her door-to-door crusade, the neighbors laughed hysterically.

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 2:24 PM

Lord, don't let me make a carrot vibrator joke. Too late, huh?

I have to admit she's the first thing I thought of when I pulled out an incredibly large carrot from the latest bag I bought. The thing was so huge, it was beyond phallic. I have a feeling Crazy Carrot Lady would have looooved that one...

mmecorday

mmecorday

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 11:27 PM

I have seen the Pan-Am collector on another show. He really intrigues me. I salute his tenaciousness. He really has created a world that doesn't exist anymore in his garage. All the joy of first-class travel right there in his garage without the crying babies and loud drunks.

I can also sort of sympathize with the Dumpster diver. I work part time at a restaurant and I'm always dismayed at the amount of food we throw away each day. It's criminal, almost. So many people going hungry in the world and we pitch perfectly good food into the garbage.

silverspoons

silverspoons

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2013 @ 3:59 AM

What is the reason behind stores or resturants throwing away food? I had a friend who wanted to try different vegie smoothie recipes. She knew our grocery produce guy well and he was removing any bruised or non perfect produce. She asked if he would give it to her or sell it at a discount and he said he could be fired. It had to be thrown away. I can see expired food but is there some sort of liability or are they afraid people might return items for refunds? Seems like the store could have a second area once a week to give away the bruised produce or discountined foods or donate them to the food bank.

Ill admit I almost dumpster dived at target last month. Target usually marks down easter candy 90% and I use the govida chocolate for fondue on mothers day. Target decided to throw it away after 70%. I watched the clerk throw hundreds of pounds of candy in the dumpster. My mom was on the board of our local homeless shelter and food bank and while the always need staples, tuna & boxed foods, they rarely ever get produce or treats for the children(I really kids need nurtrition but you should see them smile when there food box has on pack of fruit snacks or a small treat). It would be nice instead of TLC showing the dumpster diver as a freak, tricking friends with expired foods and being sought after by the police to show a more inspirational story. It would be nice to see a store change there policy and donate the food or at least show the lady tonight who in for years got 125k worth of food free dumpster diving, maybe sharing some of the extras with the less fortunate.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

I thought the appliance guys were pretty much like other collectors, just collected some big things.
And I think they were seriously considering one in, one out rule.
They liked to see them work, but didn't seem like a kid I saw on one show, who'd spend hours just watching them run.

The doll woman was pretty creepy.  If she made them and gave them away, or sold them, that would be OK, but making the nuns promise not keep the doll in a box was too much.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2013 @ 9:38 PM

The doll lady, I don't know if it was her or another, but several years ago started the "Reborn Baby" craze on eBay a few years ago.  I have know idea, but I was so facsinated by them, yet creeped out at the same time.  The person who started listing them (for not cheap!) did good work I thought, her babies looked real!  Many others are selling on there these days, work not half as good.  Not that I know what good work is in that leage, or admire or appreciate, I just mean by "good" as looking just like a baby.

I did look up the lady who was on the show, and her webpage http://www.pumpkinpa...ble-babies.html (why isn't the link button working so the whole link doesn't appear?) looks like the kind I used to do when I learned HTML in 1998.  It needs serious work.  But I don't think she's the one on eBay, the others didn't look so greasy, hers look all sweaty.  But how cow they're expensive.

ghoulina

ghoulina

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 9:24 AM

The troll lady from last night sounded so much like Barb - Jenelle's mom from Teen Mom2. She even had the same thin lips. It was freaking me out.

The taxidermy family - so not cool. I'm a meat eater, but to kill animals (especially more exotic ones) just to decorate your house? Made me sick.

Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

Troll lady and her daughter both looked like troll dolls.

The voice was a troll voice, too.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 1:01 PM

I hated it that the troll lady's husband gave in on having trolls in the basement.
Her voice, and manner, were so annoying, that I was hoping he'd divorce her.  Hell, I'd have let him off if he killed her and pleaded provocation.

I skipped the taxidermy family.

The sex doll collectors were strange, and I couldn't believe he bought something so expensive sight unseen.  And her not even a virgin.

JBL228

JBL228

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 1:33 AM

I think this is the TLC show that featured the shoe-obsessed lady who had a large shoe collection. Her name was Darlene Flynn. I post "was" because apparently her boyfriend killed her. She held the world record for the largets shoe collection.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 6:19 PM

Yes, I just checked google news and http://losangeles.cb...riend-arrested/ found it.