Scandal: All Seasons Discussion

• Please log in to reply

9326 replies to this topic

Alexandria Bay

Alexandria Bay

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

Horrible writing, all tell and no show about how superspecialicious Olive Pope (cue choir of angels singing her name) is, heavy-handed dialogue, totally obvious "twist" about the Marine...just terrible. I've never watched a Shonda Rhimes show and tuned in only to see Henry Ian Cusick, hoping it would be good. It wasn't.

Edited by Alexandria Bay, Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:25 PM.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Carter isn't the lead of that show, and it's debatable whether she's even a lead on that show. She was left out of most of the advertising when the show premiered, which focused solely on Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson, a fact Taraji P. Henson complained about. And of course she wasn't portrayed as a superhero in the first ten minutes of that show, since she barely appeared in the pilot.

Agreed. Interesting that Person of Interest was brought up, as that's one of the shows I had in mind where I'm not impressed by the writing at all, yet it does rather well in the ratings. Revenge is another one. Someone mentioned most of TV being predictable, and I have to co-sign. There isn't much to mine from in terms of original story arcs, themes, and such, so ultimately, it comes down to whether I like watching the characters, and so far, I do, for the most part. That might change as I watch more episodes, of course.

As for the awesomeness of Olivia Pope being pushed upfront, I agree that she was, but I also think it was demonstrated during the episode (i.e. her initial meeting with Liza Weil's character). Of course, viewers don't have to agree with said awesomeness, but I do think it was more than just telling. There was some showing as well.

It's weird - I didn't mind it on this show, but Missing and the propping up of Becca Winstone (and I like Ashley Judd) makes my teeth itch.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:29 PM.

Hoshiskye

Hoshiskye

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

After watching the second episode, I'm in. Olivia's character seems to have soften just a teeny teeny bit. Although that may be because now that they've established that she's good at what she does, the writers have decided to up the difficulty in the cases that she decides to involve herself with.

It's that 'omg how are they going to fix this!' feeling that has me on board. Well, that and those scenes w/ the President. Put me down on the list who thinks they have chemistry. Whew! The president is a total asshole (
Spoiler
) though, still, I can't help but like him.

I think of this show so far as the endcap paperback you pick up on a whim at the airport. The heights of literature it is not, but it's a light, entertaining experience. I hope ABC gives it a chance...

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

I liked it much more than I thought I would. I wasn't even going to watch, but some friends were promoting it and so I did. It's bad, but it's good bad, for me. Potentially a really fun guilty pleasure. Although, GA was too for like half a season and we know how that turned out. So, I don't particularly trust Shonda. We'll see.

Expect maybe not. Those ratings are really bad. I don't see it lasting. Shame. It could really be a fun bad show.

I have to say, I thought the POTUS/Oliva scene was horrible. It made me so uncomfortable. It could've played out differently and I might have been into it (I am not against cheating storylines), but the actors played up the grossness as opposed to the sexy, IMO. Olivia seemed very distraught and uneasy and her 'no' didn't seem like, 'no but yes' to me at all. And the president is just smarmy and sleezy. He oozes that, and not sexy, to me.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:19 PM.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:38 PM

Whew! The president is a total asshole

Spoiler
though, still, I can't help but like him.

From the info given, it seems like Fitz and Liv had an affair while he ran for president.
Spoiler

Edited by IvyDarling, Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:01 PM.

Munchiewoman

Munchiewoman

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

I really despise rapid fire "I'm so owning you" dialogue. The first ten minutes annoyed me, so I was turned off.

and

I generally love rapid-fire dialogue, at least when it's clever and witty---(Gilmore Girls is my all-time favorite show!)---but the dialogue here was just kind of forced and annoying to me.

This is me. Loved Gilmore Girls, The West Wing had some rapid fire dialogue, but it was great. You're right, it was forced, not natural, and hello, you make the girl think she's coming to a blind date and then give her a hard time about cleavage>> Speaking of...could they perhaps show us why they recruited her since all she did was stare wide-eyed and cry in a bathroom?

I guess Iím the only one who didnít think Olivia and the President were hot at all. I was uncomfortable watching the whole scene.

We are many. I don't care for cheating storylines (the one on Smash ruined the character for me) and to have the lead "My Gut is always right" character be involved in that? UGH. I sat there in disgust as he kissed her in THE OVAL OFFICE and she "couldn't help herself" with him. After hugging his wife. I knew the minute he said "I've only ever loved one woman" that he was talking about her and it was a complete turn off for me. Not what I want to see in the heroine of a show.

I knew the minute the Marine said "she was my best friend" the second time that he was gay. What gets me is that Olivia harped on the "secret" thing and not, oh, the hypocrisy. Or, how about someone say hey, hero guy, what kind of hero would rather be thought of as a murderer than gay???

Usually it takes a couple of seasons before I'm this disgusted with a Shonda show.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

the POTUS/Oliva scene was horrible. It made me so uncomfortable. It could've played out differently and I might have been into it (I am not against cheating storylines), but the actors played up the grossness as opposed to the sexy, IMO. Olivia seemed very distraught and uneasy and her 'no' didn't seem like, 'no but yes' to me at all. And the president is just smarmy and sleezy. He oozes that, and not sexy, to me.

IMO the love scene worked mainly because 'uncomfortable' was the vibe they were reaching for. Deep down inside the Prez and Olivia didn't feel good about what they were doing and they didn't want us to feel good about it either. They were both horribly uncomfortable and conflicted as they both risked everything for a brief, stolen moment together. And the Prez doesn't own the patent on sleaze or smarm. Olivia was right there with him as a willing participant. For all her high-minded rhetoric, she appears to be capable of being every bit as sleazy and smarmy as he is. As much as she wants to believe that she is above the fray, Ms Pope is really no better than your everyday garden variety homewrecker.

gator12

gator12

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Watched Shonda's event w the cast and she talked about a scene, between these 2, that was so hot and sexy that she had to leave the set. Kerry laughed and said "but you wrote it". Thought it was funny but after watching these 2 actors in action - I can't wait to see this particular scene.

Do you have a link to that event?

AwesomeWelles

AwesomeWelles

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would. It felt like work - the writing was clunky and the story ridiculous. I don't mind hints about a 'twist' but in a grown-up drama I don't want to be beaten around the head with them.

I don't buy Olivia Pope as a character and I really wanted to. Some of the rapid-fire talking put me in mind of Brothers and Sisters - only done really badly. I don't care about Olivia Pope, I don't care about the scruffy CIA guy, or the love sick woman, nor the English dude, or the Gladiator in a suit, and I really, really don't care for the new girl.

I think the main problem with it is that Kerry Washington doesn't have the age, experience or gravitas to pull off the concept of 'Olivia Pope'. I can suspend my belief in a lot of things for a good show, but this isn't anywhere near as good as it should be.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

I think the main problem with it is that Kerry Washington doesn't have the age, experience or gravitas to pull off the concept of 'Olivia Pope'.

IMO they may have built Olivia Pope's character up to be too much, too soon. It may have been best to let the audience watch her work and earn the legendary reputation instead of grandfathering her into it.

I'm willing to stick with Kerry on this one for a while. The role has potential, and I think she may be able to grow into it if given enough time. That said, I respectfully agree with one of the upthread posters that Gina Torres may have been a better fit for this role. She plays a very convincing, very commanding senior law partner on 'Suits' (USA network), which, IMO gives her a stronger body of work to draw from.

Edited by getawayjordan, Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:50 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Do you have a link to that event?

Here is the link you were looking for: http://www.emmys.com/shonda-rhimes There's questions/answers/talk about all 3 Shonda shows, it goes back and forth but there is quite a bit of Scandal.

There's also some quick video interviews here: http://www.emmys.com...private-scandal

Edited by WindSprints, Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:49 PM.

gator12

gator12

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

Thank you

Edited by gator12, Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:57 AM.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:03 AM

I think the main problem with it is that Kerry Washington doesn't have the age, experience or gravitas to pull off the concept of 'Olivia Pope'. I can suspend my belief in a lot of things for a good show, but this isn't anywhere near as good as it should be.

Maybe it's that Kerry Washington looks younger than her 35 years (?), but I'm still of the opinion that she's believable as Olivia Pope. Kerry's been acting for over 15 years now, and I think she's more than carried her weight in the roles I've seen her in. If Olivia is supposed to be the same age as Kerry, I would still buy it because the woman who inspired this show is now 53 years old (and still looks damn good), and was 39 when the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. From what I've read, she was the woman who "represented" Lewinsky.

My major complaint about this show is as others have noted: the too too clever rapid fire
dialogue. And the telling of how awesome Olivia is. But having seen the second ep, I chalk it up to pilotitis because there are fewer (if not any) moments of Columbus Short telling Quinn stuff about Olivia.

Edited by fashionista79, Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:04 AM.

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Yes, blessedly, the "Olivia Pope is the greatest" heavy-handedness is gone by episode two. Sadly, the annoying red-head is ten times worse in her annoyingness than she was in the pilot, if that's possible.
Spoiler
More background on the other characters, especially Harrison and the tech guy (still can't remember his name) and less annoying red-headed, judgmental chick and this show just might strike a nice ensemble balance.

Spoiler
That voice is ooh la la. ;-)

I'm sure the story will eventually prove me wrong, but I've been thinking about the president and Olivia's relationship based on what we've been shown so far, and I can't help but wonder if their affair didn't proceed his marriage to the first lady. I've gone back and watched their scenes together (such a hardship) and really listened to what was said in their few scenes and in connection to their relationship. At this juncture, we don't know how long he's been in office, how long he's been married, nor how far back his relationship with Olivia, romantic or professionally has gone on. However, his comment to her when she comes to Camp David about knowing him the longest suggests they've been of acquaintance for many years. During the Oval Office scene he points out that she left him. Not the campaign or the White House position...him. Her response of course was that he was married and that he wanted to dedicate himself to his marriage. Then he drops the "I love you" on her and she looks like he just drunk punched her and slaps the way out of him for manipulating her emotions. At least, that's the way it came across to me.

Spoiler

It's pretty delicious when you think about it. ;-)

ETA: Sorry about the no spoiler tags earlier. The second episode hasn't aired yet despite that it's on-line, so, technically it's spoilerish to comment on it without tags.

Edited by Hughes, Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:31 AM.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

IMO the love scene worked mainly because 'uncomfortable' was the vibe they were reaching for. Deep down inside the Prez and Olivia didn't feel good about what they were doing and they didn't want us to feel good about it either. They were both horribly uncomfortable and conflicted as they both risked everything for a brief, stolen moment together. And the Prez doesn't own the patent on sleaze or smarm. Olivia was right there with him as a willing participant. For all her high-minded rhetoric, she appears to be capable of being every bit as sleazy and smarmy as he is. As much as she wants to believe that she is above the fray, Ms Pope is really no better than your everyday garden variety homewrecker.

Good points. I just didn't find any of it sexy, like some did. It was just gross to me. I feel like the President/Olivia thing might end up keeping me from enjoying the show actually. It's the acting more so than the story itself that I'm not really into.

Edited by peachmangosteen, Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:36 PM.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

Hughes, I get the feeling that Fitz hasn't been President that long. As for his marriage, I assume the two children that his wife mentioned are theirs together. The way they were described, I didn't sense they were very young children. Matter of fact, I assumed they were pre-teen or teenagers. Based on my assumptions, I figured that 1) the affair occurred while Fitz was married, but during a particularly rough patch, if not separation, and 2) the affair ended recently. I also assumed that it didn't last that long, but of course that doesn't speak to how long he or Olivia may have felt that way towards each other. I DO think they've known each other for some years. I also thought that what he said to her at Camp David was very slick (when she was about to ask him if he had the affair): he stated that he didn't fall for some young girl, but he NEVER said that he didn't sleep with her. Sneaky bastard.

As for the mistake referenced in the 2nd episode,
Spoiler

Olivia Pope doesn't seem judgmental of her clients, which I can appreciate. Which is why I assume she didn't call out the Marine on his hypocrisy (and we all know the bitchy redhead would have done exactly that). Given the weight of her own secret, it makes even more sense. For her to be self-righteous knowing that she carried on an affair with a married man (and is apparently friendly, if not friends, with his wife) would have had me on the road to dislike immediately. I gathered she was upset with the President for two reasons: he manipulated her, and she was hurt that he had another affair as if what they "had" meant nothing to him, PLUS the implication of him never mentioning it to his Chief of Staff, the man he supposedly tells everything to. I don't think it had anything to do with Olivia being high-minded. As of yet, I've not gotten that from Olivia - she is certainly admired by people, but Olivia seems focused on her clients and protecting them (as well as protecting the interests of the White House) rather than proselytizing some sense of morality and ethical code. That's what the redhead is for.

As for Gina Torres, as much as I like her, I actually think she might have been too physically imposing for this role. I kind of like the contrast of wee Kerry being a powerhouse that one might not see coming. Her stature could be disarming in a way that facilitates her success in getting what she wants.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

Kerry was on Melissa Harris-Perry yesterday morning promoting Scandal.

Navona

Navona

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

Ugh. All I have to say is thank god people don't talk like that in real life with the rapid fire run on sentences, trying to be witty lines, etc. Yikes.

I am tired of shows where the characters dialogue is just trying too hard to be clever and falling far short so all I'm left with is machine gun fire pacing for inane dialogue.

Oh well. One and done...yet again.

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Hughes, I get the feeling that Fitz hasn't been President that long. As for his marriage, I assume the two children that his wife mentioned are theirs together. The way they were described, I didn't sense they were very young children.

Ah, okay, I didn't recall children being mentioned, but then again, I've only watched the entire episode once, so...

See, I knew the narrative would prove me wrong. But you're right, the affair could have taken place during a trying time of his marriage, which would jive with Olivia's comment of his dedicating himself to his marriage.

As for Gina Torres, as much as I like her, I actually think she might have been too physically imposing for this role. I kind of like the contrast of wee Kerry being a powerhouse that one might not see coming. Her stature could be disarming in a way that facilitates her success in getting what she wants.

Love, love, love Gina Torres, but I believe you're right regarding her statue being too imposing for the role. She's perfect as Jessica Hardman on 'Suits'. Poised, confidant, smart and very funny. That, her being taller than both Harvey and Louis presents a great physical contrast. Despite the fact that all she ever really has to do is raise a perfectly arched eyebrow to get her point across is masterful to watch.

Tiny as Kerry Washington is, she does have an imposing prescence and it works better in this setting.

blissfullylost

blissfullylost

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

IMO the love scene worked mainly because 'uncomfortable' was the vibe they were reaching for. Deep down inside the Prez and Olivia didn't feel good about what they were doing and they didn't want us to feel good about it either.

Yeah,Iím already pre-disposed against cheaters and it wouldnít have worked for me without the angst. That short scene made me feel like Olivia was a basically decent person who had done the wrong thing and has been trying to make it right. She left Fitz and walked away from a White House dream job just to make sure it stuck. Olivia keeps saying, I donít work for the president and yet she keeps getting drawn into his sphere. Physical proximity makes it incredibly difficult to resist him and it pains her to be so weak.I can almost hear Gravity by Sara Bareilles as the soundtrack to her life. Heís the chink in the armor of awesomeness that others perceive her as having. I also thought that it was beautifully shot and Iím a sucker for that too.

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

She left Fitz and walked away from a White House dream job just to make sure it stuck. Olivia keeps saying, I don’t work for the president and yet she keeps getting drawn into his sphere. Physical proximity makes it incredibly difficult to resist him and it pains her to be so weak.I can almost hear Gravity by Sara Bareilles as the soundtrack to her life. He’s the chink in the armor of awesomeness that others perceive her as having. I also thought that it was beautifully shot and I’m a sucker for that too.

The scene really worked for me as well. There was discomfort, but that's how I believe it was written. This shouldn't be happening because it's wrong, but man if it isn't hot! I'm really hoping we get as much background on the other characters, how they came to work for Olivia, who they are as individuals and so forth as it looks like we'll get about Olivia.

Edited by Hughes, Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:24 PM.

piya

piya

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

I finally with the first two episodes back to back. And I have to agree with the other posters that the second episode is much better than the first - so much so that if I hadn't watched the second one right after the first, I certainly wouldn't have tuned in for the rest.

The first episode is clunky and suffers from the rapid fire dialogue which only seems to work for Aaron Sorkin and turned out to be not witty at all.The opening sequence was frankly ridiculous. The case of the week was boring and obvious and left me cold. And I was ready to hate Olivia for the way everybody kept saying how awesome Olivia is. But what saved Olivia for me was Kerry Washington. She is so very watchable in the role. And I loved Tony Goldwyn as the president. And he really has smoking hot chemistry with Olivia. Even in the camp David scene, I was made aware that there was something between the two of them. I just didn't expect the show to go so far.

The oval office scene was scorching and it was all because of the two actors. Because the character really is an ass for the way he is juggling three women and betraying them all. I am actually surprised how much I liked Olivia with the President because normally, I can't stand cheaters in general (even in fiction). But that damned chemistry has me hooked. And weirdly it made me like Olivia. She seemed human for the first time in the whole episode when she confronted him for lying to her. It was a betrayal on both professional and personal levels and Kerry was amazing in the scene. I especially loved that the president took one look at her face and knew. She destroyed a innocent girl because she loved him and trusted him. And I loved the fact that her famed gut is not infallible at all. She fell in love with the wrong man, which, if became public, could destroy her. Its to the character's credit that she has tried very hard to stay away and do the right thing. She left a very powerful job and started over because she clearly couldn't trust herself in his radius. He's her kryptonite!

Spoiler

Edited by piya, Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:41 PM.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

As for his marriage, I assume the two children that his wife mentioned are theirs together. The way they were described, I didn't sense they were very young children.

IIRC, Olivia asked the FLOTUS about the kids during her visit to the Oval Office. Speaking of which, I really felt sorry for the FLOTUS. She seemed to be so happy to see Olivia and appeared to have no clue that she had been screwing her husband. FLOTUS even went so far as to attempt to set Olivia up on a blind date! Oh, the irony!

Additionally, I wonder if Olivia realizes what she has gotten herself into by representing Dog Girl against the POTUS. Talk about a slippery slope. The fact that they had an affair makes handling a case like this a major conflict of interest for Olivia. The whole situation could end in mutual destruction for the POTUS and Olivia.

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

Additionally, I wonder if Olivia realizes what she has gotten herself into by representing Dog Girl against the POTUS. Talk about a slippery slope. The fact that they had an affair makes handling a case like this a major conflict of interest for Olivia. The whole situation could end in mutual destruction for the POTUS and Olivia.

If handled well, this could be one tantilizing storyline, because it is without question very, very messy in its current state. Now that the media has grabbed a hold of it, it's going to get exceedingly messier. I love it!

Edited by Hughes, Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:20 PM.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

Speaking of which, I really felt sorry for the FLOTUS. She seemed to be so happy to see Olivia and appeared to have no clue that she had been screwing her husband. FLOTUS even went so far as to attempt to set Olivia up on a blind date! Oh, the irony!

Indeed.

I wonder if Olivia realizes what she has gotten herself into by representing Dog Girl against the POTUS. Talk about a slippery slope.

After watching the 2nd episode, this is the one plot arc I'm interested in seeing play out. Especially given what happened towards the end. At first, I wondered
Spoiler

Spoiler

Not to mention when he walked into the room at Camp David. The man saw no one but Olivia. If I was his wife, I would be plenty suspicious. Talking about wearing your heart on your sleeve. The man isn't even trying to hide it. Perhaps she's being willfully blind for the sake of their marriage and children. OTOH, perhaps she perceives the relationship as professional respect and admiration, nothing more. Still...

Spoiler

Agreed, but given the show is about Olivia, and not Fitz, I would be surprised if we received this insight. This is yet another reason to have someone that Olivia can confide in. Though I suppose the Chief of Staff guy could be that person for both of them. We'll see.

getawayjordan

getawayjordan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

If handled well, this could be one tantilizing storyline, because it is without question very, very messy in its current state. Now that the media has grabbed a hold of it, it's going to get exceedingly messier. I love it!

Like Scruffy Tech Guy said to New Girl in the restroom, "Everybody in this office needs fixing". Olivia Pope may be at the top of that list. She seems to be driven by a combination of crushing guilt over destroying Dog Girl and a new-found burning desire to take down the POTUS - at any cost. Even if she ends up destroying herself in the process.

Olivia Pope is one conflicted chick. She doesn't exactly practice what she preaches, does she? I love watching her struggle emotionally to give advice that she won't use in her own life.

btw: Why did Scruffy Tech Guy follow New Girl into the ladies restroom anyway?

Edited by getawayjordan, Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:19 PM.

piya

piya

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

Not to mention when he walked into the room at Camp David. The man saw no one but Olivia. If I was his wife, I would be plenty suspicious. Talking about wearing your heart on your sleeve. The man isn't even trying to hide it.

Hee. I watched that scene again and it's surprising that he didn't trip over a furniture walking to her. From that scene to the next, his eyes never left her face. He never looked at his chief-of-staff or anyone else. Speaking of which, the chief-of-staff has to be the blindest person in the world. He spends the largest amount of time with the President and still saw nothing untill he actually stumbled upon them kissing. Well, one thing is certain- he's no Leo McGarry.

Like Scruffy Tech Guy said to New Girl in the restroom, "Everybody in this office needs fixing". Olivia Pope may be at the top of that list. She seems to be driven by a combination of crushing guilt over destroying Dog Girl and a new-found burning desire to take down the POTUS - at any cost. Even if she ends up destroying herself in the process.

Olivia Pope is one conflicted chick. She doesn't exactly practice what she preaches, does she? I love watching her struggle emotionally to give advice that she won't use in her own life.

Maybe she is trying to control the situation by controlling the one wild card- The Dog Girl. If someone else steps in, they will dig trying to find precedent for her accusations and that might lead them to Olivia. This way she gets to control what is actually made public. She also might be trying to protect the President in spite of herself by keeping control of Dog Girl. All in all, this can be a very tricky and delicious situation to watch. Now can I trust Shonda Rhimes to do that?

Edited by piya, Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:26 PM.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

and a new-found burning desire to destroy the POTUS - at any cost.

Spoiler

I really hate the "new girl" character, first because she seems woefully miscast and secondly the purpose of such characters is to kind of have a guide for the viewer who is also getting to know the world at the same time we are but she is an idiot and no one tells her anything other than stupid ridiculous sayings that they repeat "were gladiators in suits" and plays on fixing it.

Hughes

Hughes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

Well, one thing is certain- he's no Leo McGarry.

Hee! I thought the same thing after the Oval Office scene. It was like, 'How could you not have picked up on what was going on between those two being in such proximity?'

Edited by Hughes, Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:52 PM.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

I'm hooked. I've been wondering if the POTUS played that girl just to get Olivia back into his clutches.