Scandal: All Seasons Discussion

• Please log in to reply

9328 replies to this topic

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

I like all of it except for the fact that the POTUS was lying about the sex scandal. The promos suggest this will be a huge storyline, and I thought it was compelling enough without it. Do we really need a 'bad' president/love interest? Why couldn't it just be unrequited love, and she still does him favors because she can't say no?

Everything else was ok for a pilot. I like the red head and the British guy. I would like the black guy more if he stopped trying to make "gladiators with suits" happen. Is it bad I can't remember a single character's name?

Mxytdvc

Mxytdvc

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Is it bad I can't remember a single character's name?

The only name I can remember is Olivia Pope because it was repeated about 50 billion times in the first 30 seconds.

Other than that it's: New Girl, Gladiator, British Guy, Long Hair and CIA. I think I forgot someone....

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Well, it was a typical pilot, everything and the kitchen sink thrown in and very heavy handed writing. However, there was enough there to keep me interested, especially if Tony Goldwyn shows up pretty regularly. And, I must say, his POTUS and Kerry Washington's Olivia had some intense chemistry going in that oval office scene. Too bad it looks like they're destined to be on opposite sides.

I thought the murder sub plot was predictable but some good acting made up for the clunky storytelling, especially in that office scene where they confront Sully (was that his name?) with the video of him meeting up with his lover.

So, yeah, all in all, I'll stick around for a few more episodes and see where it goes.

Edited by SanLynn, Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:55 PM.

kanona29

kanona29

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

Uhhh can I just say, the president and Olivia are smoking ass hot - that 3 minutes scene and they oozed sex! When he started coming towards her she was begging him not to touch her because she knew what effect it would have on her. Hot man, just hot! Looking forward to see where this goes.

I must admit that I do not watch shows like Grey's Anatomy and the only drama I am currently watching is Person of Interest and The Walking Dead. I also am not big on romances.

However, I was totally mesmerized by Mr. President's seduction for Olivia and her struggle to not give in to him. They are good together with tons of chemistry.

I'm going to surprise myself here and give this show a try even though the red-head kinda annoys me already.

Edited by kanona29, Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:03 PM.

AFDiva

AFDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

Loved it! <br>

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

What I liked about that scene was there was absolutely no ambient noise. It was carried entirely on the acting of and chemistry between Kerry and Tony. The President is a lying bastard who lies, but dammit, I used to crush on Tony Goldwyn as well. Is it wrong that I thought he was the hot one in Ghost, and was disappointed he was the bad guy?

Also, I thought the scene with the President, Olivia, and the Chief of Staff walking outside at Camp David was interesting, particularly when he says something about there is only one woman he loves, and the Chief of Staff is the one who, cluelessly, thinks he's referring to his wife while the President is staring intently at Olivia.

I also liked that the murder subplot wasn't about solving the murder. I suppose this is a procedural of sorts, but I'm not really interested in another version of L&O or CSI.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

What I liked about that scene was there was absolutely no ambient noise. It was carried entirely on the acting of and chemistry between Kerry and Tony.

Just went back and watched that scene (for the specific purpose of your post, not because it was hot as fish grease lol) and your right - there was no background music just good acting and perfect chemistry.

Also, I thought the scene with the President, Olivia, and the Chief of Staff walking outside at Camp David was interesting, particularly when he says something about there is only one woman he loves, and the Chief of Staff is the one who, cluelessly, thinks he's referring to his wife while the President is staring intently at Olivia.

lol. Yeah Meredith's dad just as clueless as ever (PS: Must stop calling him Meredith's dad). I know when Mr Prez said that one woman line he was talking about Olivia - and she knew it too.
Mr Prez might be a lying douche but I'll be damned if I don't believe that he really loves Olivia. Maybe I have to believe it because of that damn scene (which was hot, in case I didn't mention it already) - either way I do. Looking forward to more.
Watched Shonda's event w the cast and she talked about a scene, between these 2, that was so hot and sexy that she had to leave the set. Kerry laughed and said "but you wrote it". Thought it was funny but after watching these 2 actors in action - I can't wait to see this particular scene.

Edited by Samantha84, Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:59 PM.

ToukieSmith

ToukieSmith

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

I did not like it. I hear Olivia Pope is incredibly awesome and impressive, but she did not show any skill other than walking really fast and talking really fast. Also, she seems too young to wield the kind of power that she supposedly has. I found Kerry Washington unbelievable as an enforcer type. Someone like Gina Torres would have been more convincing IMO.

I do agree the scene with the POTUS was hot, but it made me dislike Olivia's character more. And how many times were they going to mention Monica Lewinsky? I thought Judy Smith, the real life Olivia Pope, was not going to talk about her real clients because confidentiality is so important to her.

I really wanted to like this show because I like the premise. I guess I will give it another try next week. LOL, I stuck with the Firm so I guess I can stick with this one.

Edited by ToukieSmith, Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:08 AM.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

Deleted Post

Edited by Samantha84, Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:09 AM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

Lot of problems with that Marine:
1-Much too much hair to be a Marine.
2-Too young to be a Lieutenant Colonel.
3-He should have said "I am honored to have been wounded serving my country", not "injured".

These people talk way too fast.

But I loved Kerry Washington, and will keep watching.

girlwhoknits

girlwhoknits

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:25 AM

This just might make up for that horrid mess from Shondaland last spring. Thankfully I've forgotten the name of it. Although I'm hoping Martin Henderson shows up in Scandal, with a reliable/consistent accent. :)

Meredith's dad, he's been reincarnated to be just as airheaded as in GA. He reminds me of the vacant minded wife who is the last to know the husband has slept with half the town.

There was nothing in particular that was brilliant, but it was a good clipped pace. The slickness came not from the war room which was more private dick noire, but that the staff's minds worked quickly.

Will definitely tune in for round two!

The only name I can remember is Olivia Pope because it was repeated about 50 billion times in the first 30 seconds.

Other than that it's: New Girl, Gladiator, British Guy, Long Hair and CIA. I think I forgot someone....

Maybe that was on purpose so that we get their persona down, before worrying about them. But also the story is driven by the crisis, not the fixers. So it'll be fun to peel the onion that is the other characters as we go.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:12 AM

Well, colour me surprised, but I really enjoyed this! I only tuned in due to being brainwashed by the many, many commercials that were on TV for it and I wasn't expecting much from a Shonda Rimes show. But it was actually pretty good. Yes, certain bits were a bit obvious but it wasn't too bad. I like that Olivia is a confident, kick-ass bitch, but she can still cry. I think the only character who bugged was that investigator chick who was obviously in love with the guy who was in Lost. I hope it continues this way.

ExMathMajor

ExMathMajor

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

My only experience with Shonda Rimes' shows consists of the first third of the first season of Gray's Anatomy. I've never been a huge lawyer/crime show watcher either. I guess I am one of the four people who didn't know this was premiering until literally 36 hours or so ago. Methinks I like it...

While I'm delighted to see a black woman in a three-dimensional power role leading a TV drama, and I think Kerry Washington did a fine job, I must confess I'm really happy to see Henry Ian Cusick again. Och, laddie...you have been missed...I thought the actor playing the tech guy was a little stiff but everyone else did pretty well for a pilot.

I don't know if this rapid-fire dialogue is a typical thing for Shonda's shows. Not sure if I'll be able to keep up but I will try because I'm interested in seeing how this premise ("fixers", "gladiators in suits", etc.) fleshes out. If I have to watch a show twice, or rewind parts, so be it...

Lot of problems with that Marine:
1-Much too much hair to be a Marine.
2-Too young to be a Lieutenant Colonel.
3-He should have said "I am honored to have been wounded serving my country", not "injured".

The actor was super-cute, but yeah, I had a hard time with this as well. I kept thinking Superman...you know, thick black hair, lantern jaw...

What I liked about that scene was there was absolutely no ambient noise. It was carried entirely on the acting of and chemistry between Kerry and Tony.

I noticed this as well. I know it's not anywhere near the same show, but it brought to mind the elevator scene between Carrie and Mr. Big on Sex and the City.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:40 AM

...I didn't really get what was happening with that ultra-excited redhead colleague, was he unwittingly leading her on, did she just have a crush?

I figured that she's harboring some kind of crush on him. All those looks while he (and Olivia) spoke of his fiancee and the ring just made me believe that either they had a very brief thing when Olivia Pope and Associates started up or she wishes that they'd had a very brief thing.

I used to crush on Tony Goldwyn as well. Is it wrong that I thought he was the hot one in Ghost, and was disappointed he was the bad guy?

Wait a second. That's the guy from Ghost?! I didn't know the actor's name, but I kept trying to place his face last night.

My only experience with Shonda Rimes' shows consists of the first third of the first season of Gray's Anatomy.

That's about my experience with her shows as well. I liked this one, but that has a lot to do with Kerry Washington (and Columbus Short, to an extent). I think the show was pilot-y, but that's because it's, ya know, the pilot, so there needed to be a lot of backstory provided up front. Hopefully they decide in subsequent episodes to show why Olivia is the way she is rather than having Columbus Short and the ex-CIA tech guy explain to Quinn why Olivia is so awesome.

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

I really liked the Olivia Pope character. Actually, I want to be Olivia Pope when I grow up. Some plot holes, but the one that bugged me most was when the Marine refused to come out because he didn't want to dishonor his uniform. All I could think was "And being charged with and probably convicted of murder will bring honor to your uniform?"

I'm looking forward to seeing more. But Desmond has to break off his engagement. I can't have my TV boyfriend cheating on me.

Princess Lucky

Princess Lucky

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:01 AM

I do agree the scene with the POTUS was hot, but it made me dislike Olivia's character more. And how many times were they going to mention Monica Lewinsky? I thought Judy Smith, the real life Olivia Pope, was not going to talk about her real clients because confidentiality is so important to her.

To be honest, at first, when Kerry's character was verbally beating down that girl all "do you have any idea what is going to happen to you?" I was like "um, yeah, she remembers Monica Lewinski". And then, before the name was actually mentioned, I was like "wait, maybe in the show's 'universe' that never happened?". So I was glad they mentioned it because it was such a huge deal when it happened, it's kind of hard to ignore.

...I didn't really get what was happening with that ultra-excited redhead colleague, was he unwittingly leading her on, did she just have a crush?

I figured that she's harboring some kind of crush on him. All those looks while he (and Olivia) spoke of his fiancee and the ring just made me believe that either they had a very brief thing when Olivia Pope and Associates started up or she wishes that they'd had a very brief thing.

Thanks! I was asking because thought that may have been explicitly stated in the first half of the pilot (which I haven't watched yet, I tuned in half-way through). So they just let this be ambiguous for now, I guess if they had a past relationship it'll come back into play at some point.

For me, the bad thing is that I felt the scenes with Kerry, the President and Meredith's dad (heh) seemed so much more interesting, whereas other than Desmond and the New Girl the team members were a bit of a blank and I don't know if they'll manage to hold my interest week in-week out. And the case with the Marine did not quite hold my interest, to be honest, although I did like the resolution.

I noticed this as well. I know it's not anywhere near the same show, but it brought to mind the elevator scene between Carrie and Mr. Big on Sex and the City.

Speaking of Chris Noth, I thought the scene was reminiscent of some moments from The Good Wife. Grown-up sexual tension, you know? I like it.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:11 AM

The Marine bothered me, too. If I knew for a fact that I did not kill my beard, oops I meant fiancee, I would not be so eager to go to jail just to protect my secret. The arrest wasn't even necessary.

thethinman

thethinman

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

At first I thought they were going to take a different twist on the philandering POTUS plot with Olivia finding out who was manipulating the young woman to make the accusations which would have made for a more interesting story. When they decided to go with what has now become the 'norm' of the cheating executive; I frankly lost interest.

2MuchTV

2MuchTV

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

Ugh, damn you, Shonda Rhimes and your addictive trash TV. Definitely not a perfect show, in a lot of ways I'm not sure it's even a good show, but I thought it was really entertaining and I definitely want more.

And for those who want to watch the second episode, "Dirty Little Secrets," it's already up on Hulu.

Edited by 2MuchTV, Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:58 AM.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

Redhead is no Kalinda, but we'll see how that develops. She definitely has a crush on Desmond. Speaking of Desmond, the anvils were pretty heavy that his relationship won't do well because he's married to his job. Remember, Gladiator said they never sleep.

New Girl is astoundingly naive—what exactly did she think Olivia Pope did, rescue kittens from trees? I get that she was more of a device than a character in the pilot, but sheesh.

I cracked up when they bribed the security guy with money and pizza for the security footage. Uh, I'm pretty sure the cops would have asked for it, too, and found out that the Marine was innocent.

The Oval Office scene between POTUS and Olivia creeped me out. Sorry, but when a woman says, "Don't touch me," the guy should back off. I don't care how attractive the couple is (and those two are smokin').

addictive trash TV

Definitely. It needs to be a little smarter, though.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

If you didn't see the army guy as gay, or Paris Geller as being honest or Kerry Washington as having been involved with the president, you have obviously never watched tv before.

Yeah, when he kept saying "She was my best friend" I thought " And beard," and I knew the second Olivia said "Mr. President" that she'd slept with him. I do believe that they were/are in love, though.

I can't remember any of their names either. Olivia, Columbus Short (the black guy who started the "gladiator in a suit" nonsense), Desmond from Lost, and ... the others. Also the President's right-hand was the drama teacher on My So-Called Life. But I will give this at least another week. I am not really a Shonda fan (I hate Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice sucks now), but I have always liked Kerry Washington* and it is beyond refreshing to see a black woman in a nuanced, not-stereotypical leading role. Plus I like political intrigue. I thought Olivia was a PR rep from the commercials, so I had that wrong.

*I read an interview with Shonda where she said she initially didn't think Kerry Washington was right for the role because she was "too pretty to be smart."

afrodivainnyc

afrodivainnyc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

I wanted to like it but didn't. I'll watch because it's on after Grey's.

I didn't like how hard-nosed they made Olivia. As someone else said, she's breathtakingly unlikeable with horrible interpersonal skills. She's like House, only without the charm or wit. The over use of "my gut is never wrong" was tedious. It was like that show a few years ago with that actress who guested on Mad Men as the teacher Don slept with. She was some sort of profiler type, and every episode had heavy dialogue telling people over and over again that she could "read" people.

Supporting cast was weird. The red head is too quirky. The guy in the bathroom talking to new girl seemed stunted or impaired. The guy with the accent was cute and fun to watch but obviously (OBVIOUSLY!) didn't want to propose, so we'll be stuck with that storyline for the next 6 weeks.

The rapid fire conversation style that appears to be Olivias's trademark is what made her so unbearable for me. They need to model more female characters after Diane Lockhart from the Good Wife. These ballsy, no nonsense, take no prisoners characters just send the wrong message.

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

Just watched the 2nd episode on HULU - Jesus I love this show already!
Of course your going to get scandals that have been in the media time and time again - #1 because this is based on a real person and her experience - #2 because politicians etc. always have their asses in crap, thinking that their not going to get caught.

President Fritz and Olivia are hot as fish grease. 2nd episode
Spoiler

Oh Shonda you've hooked me and hooked me hard. This show is must watch!

Edited by Samantha84, Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:00 AM.

KalEl

KalEl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

A curse upon Aaron Sorkin for a) thinking that having characters speak quickly with authority about "real things" (politics, religion, etc) constitutes intelligence and/or wit, b) getting a nation of people with average intelligence to fall for it because they in turn think shows they're actually smart by liking it and c) inspiring no talents like Sondra Rhimes to try and emulate it.

This. Was. Awful. And I loves me some just trash. Just not some trash that thinks its smart but is actually quite stupid. I'm supposed to believe that these super-fixers who "Oh-So-Smart" (because they show and tell us a thousand times how smart they are) didn't know in the first five seconds he was gay. I knew in the first five seconds and I'm drunk doofus.

Edited by KalEl, Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:55 AM.

DearEvette

DearEvette

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

Enjoyed the hell out of it. The hour moved fast. So far it is on my DVR for the season.

Numb Nut

Numb Nut

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

This. Was. Awful.

I was warned about the writing by a friend who worked on the first 7 eps but I had to see for myself. Yikes. Shonda clearly wanted a black female Michael Clayton (just look at the show's poster) but her writing is derivative crap and the actors can't save it. I can't stand all that speechifying. I'll stick to cable dramas. Thank God for "Mad Men."

A curse upon Aaron Sorkin for a) thinking that having characters speak quickly with authority about "real things" (politics, religion, etc) constitutes intelligence and/or wit, b) getting a nation of people with average intelligence to fall for it because they in turn think shows they're actually smart by liking it and c) inspiring no talents like Sondra Rhimes to try and emulate it.

Amen.

Edited by Numb Nut, Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:30 AM.

topanga

topanga

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

My husband and I throughly enjoyed the premier. I always give pilots some leeway because the writers and actors are still trying to establish the characters, plots, story arcs, etc.--trying to find their footing, so to speak. I don't expect pilots to be perfectly polished. We will certainly watch it again.

Kerry Washington is excellent. She's tough and confident but is still feminine and vulnerable. Definitely not an Angry Black Woman. And I love that Olivia Pope is based on a real character. Another thing I liked: the New Girl played the straight man in this episode, revealing how intense, and a little crazy, everyone is who works for Olivia Pope. The Latino tech guy described them well when he said they're all stray dogs. Is Olivia Pope a stray dog?

These people talk way too fast.

Yes and no. The fast talking fits the fast pace of Olivia Pope, the office, and the urgency of their work. Kerry Washington, however, is the only person so far who's pulling it off well. She's articulate, and her words convey whatever emotion--or lack of emotion--her character wants to reveal. For the other characters, their rapid fire words sometimes come out in mumbles. My husband and I had to rewind the Tivo several times during the episode to hear what some of the other characters said. Their acting is good, but I think a voice articulation coach would work wonders for the clarity and believability of their quick speeches.

**For example, as I was listening to Columbus Short's monologue with the New Girl--and I think he's a cute and talented actor, by the way--I kept thinking about how much more powerful that speech would have been if he articulated better and "punched" the words at the right times, the way Shonda wrote them. In fact, I kept imagining that if Don Cheadle gave that monologue, it would have been Emmy-worthy. Don Cheadle is the king of articulate, rapid-fire speeches that are loaded with emotion.

To be honest, at first, when Kerry's character was verbally beating down that girl all "do you have any idea what is going to happen to you?" I was like "um, yeah, she remembers Monica Lewinski". And then, before the name was actually mentioned, I was like "wait, maybe in the show's 'universe' that never happened?". So I was glad they mentioned it because it was such a huge deal when it happened, it's kind of hard to ignore.

That was a very important scene. Olivia reminded all of us that Monica's life was destroyed--and not President Clinton's--because of her truthful reveal. But what was even more telling was how harsh Olivia was being with Dog Girl. I felt that she "doth protest too much." In other beat downs, Olivia was calm and precise. In this one, she was emotional and somewhat angry with Dog Girl. Which told me that Olivia knew she was telling the truth. And made me wonder what her relationship was with the President. It was subtle but powerful. Great work, Kerry Washington!

That was the only aspect of the story that fell flat for me. Perhaps it's because I don't know how their relationship evolved, but it seems out of character for Olivia Pope to fall for a married man who happens to be running for President of the United States. Not that she doesn't have emotions and doesn't make mistakes, but Olivia's smart enough to know that if the relationship were ever leaked, her life--and not the President's-- would be destroyed (see Monica Lewinsky above). It's hard for me to believe Olivia still has it so bad for that man and that he can turn her on so easily that she's willing to risk her life and her career like that. Is he really that good in bed? I need more behind the story--I hope it comes soon.

SeriouslyBored

SeriouslyBored

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

Ratings are out.

ABC's (and Shonda Rhimes') Scandal premiered to a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating, while on par with Rhimes' Private Practice, I'd guess both ABC and Ms. Rhimes were hoping for better in a series premiere as there is typically nowhere to go but down.

It premiered at the same level as the season low of PP. It's lower than OTM's premiere, at 2.2. With all the promotion it got, it is an amazingly bad result.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

Not that she doesn't have emotions and doesn't make mistakes, but Olivia's smart enough to know that if the relationship were ever leaked, her life--and not the President's-- would be destroyed (see Monica Lewinsky above). It's hard for me to believe Olivia still has it so bad for that man and that he can turn her on so easily that she's willing to risk her life and her career like that. Is he really that good in bed? I need more behind the story--I hope it comes soon.

It seems like she was campaigning for him (and I'm guessing she was pretty high up if she had a lot of face time with him - I've campaigned/am campaigning for Obama and he doesn't know me, sadly), and they fell in love. I think Olivia was the one to end it since Prez said "[she] left [him]"; it also seems like she left because he wasn't going to leave his wife ("you said you were going to work on your marriage"), and I'm guessing, as you say, that Olivia's smart enough to know that she just doesn't get the happy ending with this guy. Even if he DOES leave, she gets dragged through the mud as the woman who broke up the President's marriage. I can buy that she fell in love with him in spite of herself. And it does seem to me like he genuinely loves her, although I think, like many powerful men, he has an "I did it because I can" attitude, hence the other affair.

It premiered at the same level as the season low of PP. It's lower than OTM's premiere, at 2.2. With all the promotion it got, it is an amazingly bad result.

Wow, those are terrible numbers. And Kerry Washington should be a decent draw, plus it has the Grey's lead-in (means nothing to me but it does to a lot of others) AND they did a ton of promotion. I assume OTM = On the Map, that terrible-looking medical show in the jungle, and that didn't have anyone nearly as famous as Kerry Washington (I wouldn't even watch it with Matt Saracen in it).

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

Which told me that Olivia knew she was telling the truth.

I'm pretty sure she didn't know Paris (heh) was telling the truth until Paris said the president called her "sweet baby" in the scene where Paris came to Olivia's office. That's obviously what he'd also called Olivia, and that was what convinced her it wasn't a lie.

Also, Olivia was being hard on Paris to impress upon her that Paris wouldn't win, even if she were telling the truth. (Hence the Lewinsky name check.) So stop trying, pack your bags, and get the hell out of town.

Lastly, she was tough on Paris so that New Girl could be shaken to her core at how tough and mean Olivia was.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:47 AM.