Celebrity House Hunting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

27 replies to this topic

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

I am having a hard time finding information for this show that will begin airing on the Bio Channel tomorrow at 7 p.m. I believe they will air two episodes. It features various celebs searching for a new home. From what I can remember from the promo, Ice-T and his wife Coco will be on the first episode. Other "celebs" include Verne Troyer, Danny Bonaduce, Debra Gibson (currently on Celebrity Apprentice) and I believe reality fame-whore Carnie Wilson will also appear. I checked Bio Channel's website but they don't seem to have any info on this show other than in the "weekly schedule" information which is where I found this:

The rapper and his glamorous wife decide to upgrade from their New Jersey penthouse and hunt for the perfect Jersey house. They want funky design and, of course, a huge closet for all of Coco's shoes. They inspect a 6,000-square foot Zen Mansion--a cutting-edge crib with five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a wine cellar--and a nine-bedroom Preppy Palace complete with disco dance floor. Have the two found their ultimate crash...

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

I thought Carnie lost her house in a foreclosure....how does that work, buying another one?

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

They're just hunting not buying. I got the impression it was to show off high end housing and celebs are just playing their role.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

I had the same feeling - that this is all pretend, a chance to pay a celeb to pretend to tour some houses and maybe revive the market a bit. The viewers get to see some beautiful properties.

Andy Dick living in his ex girlfriend's backyard shed? Poor guy.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

I can't stand Andy Dick.

Knowing all the legal troubles he continuously faces, what with another sexual assault charge under his belt recently, he is lucky to have a shed to sleep in. Besides, don't feel that bad for the guy. Have you seen the "shed" he sleeps in? Homeless people should be so lucky. Andy is a perv who needs to keep his hands to himself.

I did enjoy the Ice-T episode.

Bio has information on their site for this series along with previews of the season and who will be on the show aside from the people mentioned above:
http://www.biography...view-2203625598

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

Didn't know he had a sexual assault charge. Proven?

I think he's had financial trouble for a long time. Based upon seeing his credit cards declined one after another, back in the '90s (out in public.) I always felt like his worst enemy was himself.

I liked the painting Marilyn Manson did of him.

That shed had no running water and he was peeing into a canister, so I don't envy him.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

Andy being on this show just proves in my book that he needs the money and this show does not seem to be about celebs seriously looking to purchase a home. I think out of all the celebs, Ice-T might be the exception.

Andy pled guilty to a sexual assault involving a female minor. He was also charged with sexual assault upon a male minor. He was charged with two felony sexual assault charges while on probation for the assault upon the female minor.

I hate that this "man" continues to get work, even on this crappy show. Yeah, he pees in a bucket, but that is better than most folks who live in a car. Andy has/had other charges related to assault and sexual assault hurled at him. I think he is being sued by a man for sexual assault if I remember correctly. He was also charged with assaulting someone and trying to steal their camera. He also pulled out his penis in public. He was also removed from the Jimmy Kimmel show for inappropriately touching Ivanka Trump against her will:
http://www.foxnews.c...d-sexual-abuse/

I don't think Andy has any money to buy a home. He has too many issues that may or may not be associated with his drug problem. This guy is no less dangerous than the many pervs who think they can just go up to people and grope them and think they are not doing anything wrong.

When Andy was shown the home in Malibu, I laughed my ass off. Seriously, the property taxes alone he could not afford.

Edited by Shortcake2001, Mar 9, 2012 @ 2:23 PM.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

Agree, Andy Dick is gross and I didn't watch his episode.

The Ice-T episode was good. I actually love them as a couple after watching Ice Loves Coco. They're just very sweet and it's refreshing to see real love between a celebrity couple. I was confused though because on their show they also had a house hunting episode. They ended up choosong a house that was still under construction much closer to the city. They were with the same real estate agent also. I wonder what they actually picked. The house they picked on their show looked strange. It was this big mansion being built in what looked like an average neighborhood with small homes.

titch66

titch66

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

I felt kind of bad for Andy Dick's ex girlfriend. She seemed sort of meek and I'll bet she's financially dependent on him. I would feel extra bad for her, and the kids, if this show is real and they have to live in the house with him.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

Andy pled guilty to a sexual assault involving a female minor.

Yeesh. I had no idea.

In that context, and with what he said in the episode about "not sleeping around any more," his single bed, sleeping outside the house in a shed, etc., and not drinking any more - I wonder if that's where he has been paroled to or something? That he is sort of in the ex girlfriend's custody? I forget the legal term.

I thought it way too obvious they were not going to buy anything. I wondered how they had the house they (or she) had, even. I thought he was probably doing this show to get money to finish the outhouse, er, guest house.

whatevez

whatevez

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

I saw a preview of Danny Bonaduce (sp?) looking for a house. I thought he was broke.

Seems legit.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

I can't see Gretchen 'letting' Danny spend that much money on himself when he could buy her an even bigger house, either, divorced or not.

I watched the Ice T & Coco episode. Going by photos I've seen of Coco, I thought all the houses would be tacky, which is why I wasn't in a hurry to watch their episode. I was surprised, the houses were nice, and her taste wasn't so awful after all. I doubt they will buy any of them but at least Ice T made it believable they would "consider" one of them, and let the viewers know which they liked best. I liked that house best too.

He obviously adores her, it was very cute to see how he kept calling her name and pointing things out to her that he knew she'd like. The ham and cheese sandwich bit was cute also.

I'm in awe of enormous tubs and high-tech toilets like she is, so that made me laugh.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

I can't see Gretchen 'letting' Danny spend that much money on himself when he could buy her an even bigger house, either, divorced or not.

But Gretchen has no say-so on what Danny spends his money on. As long as pays her support and he pays his child support he is legally bound to pay, I don"t think anyone has an issue with him possibly buying a more expensive home.

Just saw the preview for the Shannon Doherty episode. I don't believe she has the money to consider looking at multi-million dollar mansions. Unless she invested her money wisely, I can't see her buying such a home.

Edited by Shortcake2001, Mar 10, 2012 @ 1:15 PM.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

I don't know the terms of their divorce or what she gets in alimony or child support etc., but I didn't mean legally bound. I meant in terms of making his life hell for it. She seemed a bit shrewish to me in their own reality show, not that I blamed her sometimes.

I doubt most of the celebs on this show could afford the homes we're seeing - Ice and Coco may be one exception.

AuntTora

AuntTora

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Andy being on this show just proves in my book that he needs the money and this show does not seem to be about celebs seriously looking to purchase a home.

Oh Shannon Doherty -- are those late-night fake-college commercials not giving you enough of a payday?

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

I doubt most of the celebs on this show could afford the homes we're seeing - Ice and Coco may be one exception

No way do I believe that Andy Dick, Shannon Doherty, or Vern Troyer have that kind of money. As for Debbie, that's quite a step up from her run of the mill tract home in Las Vegas. 80s pop sensation or not, I doubt her bank account would stretch to a $10M mortgage.

Danny did say they'd have to sell their other houses to buy the NY place, so he was at least following the script better. His wife seems awfully normal for him, 20-something years younger or not. I hope he's not shoving her around.

It's amusing enough to see some different houses and watch the "celebrities" pretend, though.

Edited by queasy, Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:17 PM.

Reality Chaser

Reality Chaser

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

Andy has/had other charges related to assault and sexual assault hurled at him. I think he is being sued by a man for sexual assault if I remember correctly.

Andy was creepy when he made a guest appearance on an episode of VH1's Surreal Life, and even sketchier when he was on Sober House on the same network. A shed is too posh for that perv.

When was Danny Bonaduce's episode filmed? He's been on a radio station in Seattle for several months. Seems like this search for a New York apartment was just for show.

titch66

titch66

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

What's next, Screech from Saved by the Bell looking for a sprawling estate with room for his polo stallions? Maybe William Hung will be in the market for a luxury beach front villa vacation home. This show is strange.

Phred62

Phred62

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

I can buy Shannon having the money. She has been acting since she was little and has been in a lot of shows that are syndicated, so if she has been careful with her money, she could be fairly well off.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

ITA - Shannen was a child actor (and there are laws in the state of California stating that a certain portion of the money a child actor earns must be put aside until they are 18) and several of her shows (Little House, 90210, Charmed) were syndicated (I'm not sure if that guarantees a ton of money but still). She's also done some reality shows (DWTS, and her own reality show on Oxygen) and posed nude for Playboy (all paying gigs) so if she hasn't been spending wildly she should have a decent amount of money stashed away.

Debbie Gibson might have enough money to buy a house too. She wrote, produced, and sang all of her songs which means more cuts of the money for her. As she mentioned on the show, she's also done a lot of Broadway/West End theater as well as touring shows. For a regular Joe Schmoe, that might not translate to a lot of money but as one of the celebrities cast in major roles in Les Mis, Grease, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, etc. she was getting paid for her name as much as her singing. She also did a summer tour with Tiffany last summer (and singers will tell you that touring is where they really rake in the money) and posed in Playboy so again, I don't find it that much of a stretch that she has a pretty big chunk of change sitting in the bank. I don't know about a $10 million penthouse in New York though.

But as other people have pointed out, it seems that this series is all about showing C list celebs looking at houses, not actually buying them.

I saw a mini marathon the other night: Barry Williams, Deborah Gibson, and Verne Troyer. Based on those three celebrities alone, I assumed they were just going after any has been whose been on DWTS or VH1 celebreality show.

I didn't mind the Barry Williams episode though - he looked at three gorgeous houses in Malibu. I can't say no to ocean views, even if that means listening to Greg Brady talk.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Ugh. Feldman was...Feldman in his episode. Smoking in someone's car; tramping around the houses like a bum; overawed by fake rococo.

Williams wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be. He can seem smug at times but at least he knew what to appreciate and what to ask about.

TVJunkie76

TVJunkie76

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Was I the only one who burst out laughing at Corey Feldman saying how he needed security and privacy from all the stalkers and paps? God what a douche! He's still a creepy little worm. All those beautiful homes wasted on his visit.

lmwilker

lmwilker

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

He obviously adores her, it was very cute to see how he kept calling her name and pointing things out to her that he knew she'd like. The ham and cheese sandwich bit was cute also.

We got Ice's book, Ice, in and in it is a photograph taken the very moment Ice first met Coco and the look on his face is the very definition of lovestruck. It's so funny and so cute.

I saw the Vern Troyer, Danny Bonaduce and Andy Dick episodes one afternoon back-to-back and thought there must be some kind of douchebag theme going on. I didn't even know Danny had remarried. She looks kind of like a puffed up Gretchen though she seemed nice enough.

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

Shannen was a child actor (and there are laws in the state of California stating that a certain portion of the money a child actor earns must be put aside until they are 18) and several of her shows (Little House, 90210, Charmed) were syndicated (I'm not sure if that guarantees a ton of money but still). She's also done some reality shows (DWTS, and her own reality show on Oxygen) and posed nude for Playboy (all paying gigs) so if she hasn't been spending wildly she should have a decent amount of money stashed away

She [Debbie Gibson] also did a summer tour with Tiffany last summer (and singers will tell you that touring is where they really rake in the money) and posed in Playboy so again

The common denominator with both of these "stars" which you pointed out is the fact they both did Playboy and DWTS, not to mention they both happened to appear on this show. Usually when a d-list celeb resorts to posing for Playboy, it is because they are desperate for money and a comeback. The same thing with DWTS. It seems to be the show that many agents try to get their client on so they can try to revive their careers in some way and hopefully earn some money.

Shannon did have 15% of her earnings put in a trust when she was a minor, as is the law in California (Coogan's Law) but how much of that lasted once she hit adulthood and got her hands on that money? Shannon was in the limelight a lot back when she was on 90210 and a lot of that had to do with her partying ways and what seemed to be anger problems. How much money did she squander while partying? Was she living it up? I imagine Shannon had to rely on a lot of whatever money she had in the bank and whatever residuals she may have had for her Little House days (if she was even receiving that as not all actors get residuals) to pay her bills and whatnot after she lost her job on 90210. Also, residuals are not always the huge amount some people assume actors get. I once read about one A-list actor who was receiving $8.00 a week in residuals for some show he appeared in years prior. That was after taxes and other fees were taken out:

Residuals:
http://www.youryoung...erm-of-the-day/

Not many actors from back when get residuals from DVD sales because back then no one thought of VHS or DVD sales. The norm was reruns and syndication. Shannon MAY receive residuals from the syndication of LHOTP (if it was put in her contract) and most likely she does receive residuals for 90210 in syndication, but I am certain DVD sales of those shows are not part of any residuals she may receive.

Shannon and Debbie are married, so there is their spouses' income to consider as well.

yourbabymomma

yourbabymomma

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

Corey Feldman squicked me the FUCK out.
Made so much sense that you were he was so concerned about privacy, yet we got to see 3 places, one of which had a NAME, where he was supposedly going to possibly live. Yeah, the show isn't real.
And talking about being a single father? I don't know much about his relationship with the girl... but she seemed normal enough on Surreal Life. Knowing what a weirdo he is, I'd wager to say she's more like a single mom. I could be wrong though. Perhaps since he shares custody he considers his time with his son to be like single dad time. Whatever.
I was getting a Charlie Sheen vibe from him too.
Carnie Wilson... she was on Celebrity Wife Swap not too long ago. She must have filmed all of these reality shows in succession. She was in that same house on that show as well.
Ha... Barry Williams. I thought it was Barry White and was really surprised when I saw Greg Brady. Ha!! He was nice enough though. A little odd, but not as odd as he could be. Wondering why he needs a vacation home if he's moving... can't he keep his old house? I must have missed that part.
Stephen Baldwin surprised me though. He was not too over the top and his daughter was just the prettiest thing wasn't she?
A quick google search for "Baldwin's Best" yielded... nothing. Anyone else more successful than I?

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

I got the impression "Baldwin's Best" was something he was still working up funding for, although that's just my supposition. It sounds like he's taking a page from Newman's Own.

What was that thing hanging in front of Feldman's face?

peachbeserk

peachbeserk

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

Just caught the Janice Dickenson episode of this show. Wow, is she full of herself! She has to have an enormous closet because of her extensive wardrobe. She absolutely cannot be photographed wearing the same outfit twice. She sighed and said that it's sometimes annoying, but that's the way it is. Who is it exactly that she thinks is taking note of what she wore and when she wore it?

And I bet that poor real estate agent wanted to drive her off a cliff. She was sitting behind him in the car and rubbing her hands over his shoulders and then kissed him on the lips after seeing the third house. Avoiding the paparazzi was a big issue in her house search, so she nixed one of the houses because she was certain that people were looking at her. Does anyone really care what she's doing???

And the rental house she was living in looked far less expensive than the properties that she supposedly was considering buying. Is this show simply a vehicle for exposure for the celebrity and the real estate agent? I find it hard to believe that any of these celebrities were seriously looking for a home.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:57 AM

Everytime I see Janice Dickenson I am reminded of that fact that at one point she and Phoebe Cates looked like the exact same person and now Phoebe looks radiant and gorgeous and Janice looks like Janice.