20-10: "Women Tell All" 2012.03.05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

190 replies to this topic

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Courtney's PR person continues to earn her keep... discuss.

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Jaclyn still comes off badly, and her face is still unfortunate. Also Elyse, just go away.

I love that Grandma's girl said she left because she was not attracted to Ben.

Is Emily being set up to be a Bachelorette? She definitely got the most camera time.

They are so trying to redeem Courtney but I'm still not buying it. And I also don't buy she doesn't like being in the magazines, you can't buy that kind of publicity for her pathetic modeling career.

And Ben is still a douche. He still is mad at Emily for bringing up negative things about Courtney.

Nicki, really, he is the best man? And the "prude" girl (Jamie?) who still would take him back if it doesn't work out with whoever he chooses. Women, have some dignity!

Oh that's right, if they had dignity they wouldn't have signed up for this mess....

bluepencil

bluepencil

Couch Potato

Courtney: "I cared for Ben ... I'm sorry I hurt him." Hmmm. Inadvertent spoiler? (though since it's taped, ABC could have edited it out ...)

Edited by bluepencil, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:11 PM.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Tonight, Courtney learned you can't unring a bell.

Mxytdvc

Mxytdvc

Video Archivist

Courtney wasn't raked over the coals nearly as much as I would have liked. It was pretty obvious she was faking the whole thing, and was only upset that she's in the tabloids for negative things, and not for how she behaved.

And I will bet my favorite Mario Mushroom Hat that the second she got into the limo she broke into a huge grin and went "Oh yeah....reputation fixed"

bluestockinghp

bluestockinghp

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Courtney's getting a bit better at the fake crying. Sniffles were A+. Too bad there were NO tears at all--her face was dry and her mascara was immaculate through it all.

cassyinjax

cassyinjax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Oh look, Ben still couldn't bother to shave. Shocking.

NightBaron

NightBaron

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

The PR machine was indeed out in full force and I bought it as much as the women there did - meaning not at all. I am getting some enjoyment of seeing her squirm, though!

I realized that I'd rather watch a Bachelorette season with this Emily, Nikki, Jennifer, Blakely or KCB, who all seem to have more personality than Emily Maynard. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by having two boring Bachelor/ette in a row.

That little reunion bit at the beginning was painful, with all the Bachelor Pad 3 hopefuls. It was nice to see Reid and Frank again, but not Ed nor Ali. Michelle Money did unfortunate things to her lips.

Overall a fairly entertaining special considering the fairly unfortunate season.

luvbadTV

luvbadTV

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Courtney's getting a bit better at the fake crying. Sniffles were A+. Too bad there were NO tears at all--her face was dry and her mascara was immaculate through it all.

You could tell she was faking because of the way her face looked at the end of her segment. Her face looked as if she never shed a tear.

LadyJaney

LadyJaney

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I was disappointed that the ladies didn't rip into Ben more when they had the chance...

...guessing they were told not to, as we are still supposed to believe that he is the... Best. Guy. Ever.

Edited by LadyJaney, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:16 PM.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

Oh – is The Emily Show over? Good.
They gave her waaaaaay too much screen time. Many (most) of the women didn’t get to say much, if anything. Emily could not stfu, and Blakeley was runner up.
And what is Emily’s favorite topic? Courtney!
Courtney should never have agreed to be on this particular show, and she certainly should not have apologized. By the way, what law says that all the competitors have to be “friends”?? (I guess my definition of friendship is different that theirs.) What rule says they have to like each other?? So, Courtney is in it to win – uh – who in their right mind goes on this show or any competitive reality show to lose? Hello???????
Anyway, I don’t think Courtney will be Ben’s final choice – I think it will be Lindzi.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:15 PM.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

As I said to Mr. MML at the end, isn't it unfortunate that this group of women, who all seem relatively normal and fun and sociable, got paired with a douchebag bachelor and a schizo front runner?

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Our local station teased their 11pm news with "Is Tim Tebow the next Bachelor?" I don't think anyone watching TWTA had to watch to find out. I think even if had no idea what the show was about, someone would clue him in and tell him not to ruin his image by going on the show.

ETA- I agree with everything over30 said.

Edited by Runningwild, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:19 PM.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

Nicki, really, he is the best man? And the "prude" girl (Jamie?) who still would take him back if it doesn't work out with whoever he chooses. Women, have some dignity!

Nicki has the distinct misfortune of being from Dallas - the people of which Greater Texas even want to disown. I have no doubt that Ben is very different from the men she meets, which would have been a breath of fresh air.
That said, the 'best man she's ever met'?!? Girl, please. He treated everyone but Courtney like they were disposable. You can do better.

I didn't buy Courtney's BS either, but she did a nice job - in fact as good a job as was probably possible - at regaining some potential for sympathy.

Ben seems a lost cause on that front (really, you're still telling Emily she shouldn't have told you Courtney was mean? Even after watching the season? Really?)

The only line of Courtney's I truly didn't buy was the line about the tabloids saying mean things. I don't think the tabs have been anywhere near as harsh as she came across herself. I think she is loving the publicity.

Emily, Kacie, Jamie, and Monica came across well. Casey S seemed even dumber than before, and Samantha seemed unbearable.

All in all, thoroughly enjoyable.

Edited by fionab, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:22 PM.

dely

dely

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

And I will bet my favorite Mario Mushroom Hat that the second she got into the limo she broke into a huge grin and went "Oh yeah....reputation fixed"

There was a quiet, almost sighed, "Okay" as she got into the limo. Was that, "Okay, I feel better now that I've shown America I'm a nice person who's sorry for doing a few bad things" (yeah right), or, "Okay, suckered them all - check."?

jjj343

jjj343

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Ben looked like a random homeless person who wandered in off the street.

How can some of these ladies still be fighting over him? I can understand the Stockholm syndrome when you are trapped in a room with 25 other girls and allowed no other diversions but thinking about Ben, but how did they not watch this show and thank God they all dodged a bullet?

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

isn't it unfortunate that this group of women, who all seem relatively normal and fun and sociable, got paired with a douchebag bachelor

It's not like they were forced and dragged, kicking and screaming. And 'relatively' normal is right.

garden

garden

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

In recent years, I have usually stuck through all the bachelor/ette episodes of each season, but tonight I finally turned this season off, about 15 minutes in. I knew things would be bad when Chris Harrison got a standing ovation. He then proceeded to tell us that he'd update us on our "favorites," which consisted mostly, of course, of people I didn't remember or who were not particularly likeable. And the worst part of that "bachelor reunion/ bachelor pad audition" was that it reminded me so much of Ben's season: a bunch of disheveled, poorly groomed, way-too-casually dressed men being pursued by women who had on way too much makeup and way too little clothing.

When they finally got to this season, and I realized that so many of the women from this season were looking foolish tonight, after 15 minutes or so I couldn't stand it so I shut it off. Although I used to enjoy the occasional crazy in the early days of this franchise, tonight it was abundantly clear that almost every woman on recent seasons -- no matter how attractive, intelligent, or nice -- is desperate. Emily, Rachel and company all looked so pathetic that I just couldn't stand watching anymore. And I don't even care enough about Ben's final choice to check out the spoilers. This show isn't even fun anymore.

Edited by garden, Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:12 AM.

CHgirl

CHgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Loved when Emily told Shawntel that she was stunning. I thought it was classy. She's a smart lady.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Courtney should never have agreed to be on this particular show, and she certainly should not have apologized. By the way, what law says that all the competitors have to be “friends”?? (I guess my definition of friendship is different that theirs.) What rule says they have to like each other?? So, Courtney is in it to win – uh – who in their right mind goes on this show or any competitive reality show to lose?

There's also a basic human etiquette that while she's there to "win" Ben, she doesn't have to be an ass about it, does she? All women are there to "win" Ben. But they didn't have to say awful things about other women just to prove they're there to "win" Ben. Most women have had no problem "rooting" for another woman when they were eliminated - "I'm sad I didn't end up with him but I wish Lindzi/KCB/Nicki will be the final woman standing because they're the sweetest."

I hardly doubt all women there are friends. Like, I don't think Jamie or Jennifer was really close to anyone, etc., but no one said they were bitches.

It's like track - you run as fast as you can to the finish line to win, but it doesn't mean you have to trip up everyone when they're running/competing just to prove how competitive enough you are to win.

Edited by slowpoked, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:31 PM.

Amath

Amath

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

That was hardly a "hot seat" for Ben. A couple of softball questions and two of the contestants gushing over him. Gag. I was glad though that Emily called him out for how rudely he dismissed the women he let go.

I thought it was pretty nasty what Jennifer said to Blakeley about being sent home instead of her: "No offense, but I thought, that's who he wants to bring home to his mom?" No offense?

Did Frank (Ali's season) have his eyes done?

Edited by Amath, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

hollyhouston

hollyhouston

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

The only reason Courtney is crying is because she s&*t in her own hat.

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

You could tell she was faking because of the way her face looked at the end of her segment. Her face looked as if she never shed a tear.

*talent holds product near face*

"Hi - I'm Sylvia Plath. With Oil of Olay's new Bullshit, your face will look like you never shed a tear!

bluestockinghp

bluestockinghp

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

What's fascinating to me is that Courtney, after all these months, STILL has not come up with a plausible explanation for her rudeness and insults. She's still going with "I was uncomfortable, insecure". Gag. Well at least some of the women got to call her on it.

I wonder if the problem is that Courtney simply has no empathy at all--she is incapable of putting herself in the other women's shoes and imagining how they feel and the kind of apology they want from her.

For the longest time I thought the producers had fed her all these barbs and lame insults, to give viewers a "villain" we could all hate. But now it seems like her words were all her own.

scarlettudor

scarlettudor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Courtney: She is gooooooooood.

Ben: These women are still genuflecting to him?

What got me is that the women and Ben actually seemed able to express themselves and string sentences together. Why did that never happen on those boring so-called 'dates?'

The funny excerpts were kind of the best part. Why were those out takes? As totally insipid as the scripted banner is on this show, that would be a nice relief.

Oh, and why did none of the women call Ben to task for his premature getting nakey with Courtney? One of the women (Nikki?) said something about it when he wasn't there, to the point that if what Courtney was putting out was what he wanted, he didn't want her.

ETA: Sorry, put my real name down. I'm used to doing that on another board.

Edited by scarlettudor, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:37 PM.

Phlange

Phlange

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

The absolute best part for me was when Emily said "yeah you kind of sucked at it" about Ben's handling of the goodbyes etc... I think her face was off camera when she said it, but amen sister! A close second was Brittany saying she left because she wasn't attracted to Ben and following that up with telling Samantha to shut up. Awesome!

The rest was as boring and predictable as usual.

LorLor

LorLor

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Wow. What a gaggle of vulgar, clueless, shrill harpies. I need a shower.

selina720

selina720

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I think the best part of that was with Jenna and Monica (?) at the end, "Will you accept this tampon?" "I will!" and then they hugged it out.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I hardly doubt all women there are friends.

I also doubt it. I also doubt that most of these hens even know what friendship is. ((Basic human etiquette? On this show?) Really? Hmm. However, one of them got all loud with Courtney and said "All us us are friends, except Courtney". Lucky Courtney.

But they didn't have to say awful things about other women

Actually, most of them DID.

Wow. What a gaggle of vulgar, clueless, shrill harpies. I need a shower.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I washed my hair - twice - after that shitfest.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:58 PM.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

At the very least, I thought Ben would apologize to Emily for how unbelievably fucking rude he was when he told her to "tread lightly," but no. Even 4+ months later, he's still pissed that she would dare question his judgment. That pretty much sums up who he is in a nutshell. I can't believe Jamie would offer to be his sloppy seconds and Nicki says he's the best man she's ever know. I weep for these women.