The Stephanie Miller Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

12 replies to this topic

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

Starting this spring, Current TV will broadcast Stephanie's daily radio show

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

• Interests:Fave shows: The Wire, Treme, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, House of Lies, Bleach, Soul Eater, Space Dandy, FLCL
    Fave music: Soul, R & B, Rock 'n Roll (punk to prog), J-Rock

Fave sports teams: San Francisco Giants/49ers; Oakland Raiders; Houston Texans; Mercedes Benz AMG Petronas F1

and...

Cats, electric guitars, songwriting, photography, my girlfriend and her daughter.

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

Awesome! I heard about Bill Press joining Current as well. Have you got an exact date?

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

To debut in early spring is all the info given

MEDIAite

Edited by sheetmoss, Mar 5, 2012 @ 11:48 AM.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

I wonder if this means that her UStream feed will be shut down, or if the show will take after her UStream feed.

Paula in Playa

Paula in Playa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

They said this morning that they would basically just be televising their Ustream, but I don't know if they meant that literally.

I'm so happy! I work an early schedule, so I never hear more than the first half hour of her show if I'm working. I can't get an AM signal from my desk, and I can't live stream anything at work. At least now I can set the DVR!

tisha

tisha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

I have unhappy memories of Mama's broadcasts on MSNBC after Imus was fired. I think she was only on 2 days, but her radio show didn't translate well on television monitors--all the drops and effects seemed much more forced on TV than on radio.

That said, I'm a fan of her show so I hope it goes well.

luna azul

luna azul

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

Mamma's stint at MSNBC had several differences that should not carry over to the upcoming Current TV project:

1. They were in a TV studio,
2. in an earlier time slot,
3. 3,000 miles from home.

From what Steph said about the behind-the-scenes look, I wonder whether they'll put a camera (and a microphone) on Rebecca? Comedy gold, bitch!

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 7, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

I'm happy for her success but I really hope she thinks a little more about what she says given a bigger (??) audience. Last week on her show she made a "joke" that because she's gay the transvaginal ultrasound might be okay--get it--it's funny because lesbians don't have dicks. About a month ago John Fugelstang went on a ridiculous diatribe about David Duke and Ron Paul not being racists, but only having bigoted views. I tried calling for clarification but Rebecca was strong in the face of my anger.

Hope she's ready for the scrutiny that comes with a bigger (??) audience.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson, Mar 8, 2012 @ 3:40 AM.

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

• Interests:Fave shows: The Wire, Treme, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Suits, House of Lies, Bleach, Soul Eater, Space Dandy, FLCL
    Fave music: Soul, R & B, Rock 'n Roll (punk to prog), J-Rock

Fave sports teams: San Francisco Giants/49ers; Oakland Raiders; Houston Texans; Mercedes Benz AMG Petronas F1

and...

Cats, electric guitars, songwriting, photography, my girlfriend and her daughter.

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 1:56 AM

David Duke and Ron Paul not being racists but only having bigoted views

Now, that's something you don't hear every day...

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

I suspect that MSNBC would have put her on in a heartbeat, but only if she relocated.

luna azul

luna azul

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

But she did--she lived in New York for a year, doing the show via skype. Perhaps there were talks about TV, but nothing came of it. I'm glad she moved back to California, it was too stressful listening to all the disaster stories.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

The Stephanie Miller's Radio show starts March 26 on Current TV
It will be called Talking Liberally. 8 am to 11 am CT

It her radio show simulcasted.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

Mamma's stint at MSNBC had several differences that should not carry over to the upcoming Current TV project:

1. They were in a TV studio,
2. in an earlier time slot,
3. 3,000 miles from home.

From what Steph said about the behind-the-scenes look, I wonder whether they'll put a camera (and a microphone) on Rebecca? Comedy gold, bitch!

Steph and the Mooks are so much more comfortable in their own studio judging by their first show today.