You Know You're Obsessed With The Walking Dead When...

• Please log in to reply

190 replies to this topic

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

When you're still checking the forum daily even though sane people wandered off like bored walkers a month ago after the last episode.

Luckedout

Luckedout

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

Ha! Yeah.

Here's hoping for some sneak peeks for next season.

horrorphile

horrorphile

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

When you are taking the dog out for her last walk and you decide that it is awfully dark out,, and maybe she doesn't need all that much of a walk tonight. The dog knows that she better whiz on the run Sunday nights! Just saying.

Edited by horrorphile, Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:09 PM.

seawolff

seawolff

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

You are still proudly showing off October pictures of your zombified children.

The Dish Network tech is installing a second satellite dish on your home. He mentions that he doesn't have a TV and you find yourself describing The Walking Dead as your compelling experience. Yes. That. Was today.

Dowel Jones

Dowel Jones

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

When you see a guy in a Jerry Garcia tee shirt and you think "Walking Deadhead?"

dc_liz

dc_liz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:04 AM

when you are flying cross-country, looking out at the landscape below and wondering whether any of those places would be safe enough and have enough access to food/water during the ZA to make a move worthwhile.

Yes... I told my spouse about that one and, yes, he gave me that look...

SHOgirl

SHOgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

When you discuss with your husband and children which neighbors you would eat first in the event you all become zombies.

Edited by SHOgirl, Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:44 AM.

seawolff

seawolff

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

It's May, and in your head, in Georgia, it's Autumn.

JstaPwn

JstaPwn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

It's when you realize you're wishing your life away when you keep wishing October was already here.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

You're planning your summer vacation and, yes, still checking in on this forum!

seawolff

seawolff

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

You walk in on a movie near its end in the lunch room,( some tear jerker where Richard Gere has killed his wife's boyfriend and they're trying to decide how to avoid the law) and the scene is zoomed out on them in their car on an empty street. Your fellow employees who have been watching speculate what will happen next and you throw out: "the zombiefied dead boyfriend will rise from the bushes and attack the car."

I was surprised at the incredulous looks on their faces, then went back to work happily believing that my scenario took place.

When you see a guy in a Jerry Garcia tee shirt and you think "Walking Deadhead?"

You read the post by Dowel Jones and start contemplating which characters in the show qualify as The Grateful Dead. The Walkers? Those who died without becoming Walkers? Walkers who are in the act of eating? This may have to go to a speculation thread......

Edited by seawolff, May 6, 2012 @ 12:53 PM.

nightlilies

nightlilies

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

Your main priority for a new apartment is how zombie proof it would be (and you almost get in a car accident when assessing from the outside).

JstaPwn

JstaPwn

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

It's when you order super expensive high thread count sheets for your bed and your first thought is, "Oh yeh, these sheet's are definitely coming with me when the ZA happens."

Lillywhite

Lillywhite

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:00 PM

You always go to the same cashier at the supermarket because her name is Andrea.

I regret nothing.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Vinny Vidi Vici

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

When you get a new Kindle and half the books on it are zombie books. And it's amazing how many zombie books there are.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

You're watching a news story about a guy getting his face eaten off by a vagrant and you start planning for the impending Zombie Apocalypse.

seawolff

seawolff

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

You start watching a web feed for a reality show, and you stay tuned for an hour because the contestants start contemplating that the zombie apocalypse has begun in the outside world without them knowing it.

Edited by seawolff, Jun 20, 2012 @ 9:51 PM.

starr4all

starr4all

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

When you see your hurricane emergency supplies in the closet and think, "I'm lucky I live here, these can double as prep for the ZA."

We move around every 2 to 3 years (military family). Our last assignment didn't have any major weather problems, but where we live now we have to have a hurricane prep kit. My husband just shook his head and laughed when I told him I can have my zombie prep kit and no one would know.

Also, one of the first things I do when we move houses is figure out if I can secure the house enough incase of the za. LOL

magpye29

magpye29

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

You call your retired truck driver dad for advice about how to make an emergency shelter out of a couple of tractor-trailers. We decided pushing two or three together would work best because they couldn't be pushed over easily, and you can line them up with the side doors facing each other so you could go back and forth between them. Dad says it's pretty easy to cut through the top of the trailer to create an escape/ventilation hatch, but it would still get ridiculously hot inside, even though trailers are required to be ventilated to protect fragile payloads such as onions, which go bad fast if not kept sufficiently cool. After thinking about it (a lot longer than you might imagine), I decided I don't really like this plan because it feels too much like creating a zombie lunchbox.

Starr4all, I live on a military base in southeast Georgia, and we've had our hurricane kit together for many years (we actually got evacuated during Hurricane Floyd). Ramen is a big staple in ours because it's light and easy to carry, and my kids like to sprinkle the powder pack on it and eat it dry.

SarcasticBard

SarcasticBard

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

You have a long and loud argument with your husband and close friends about Catalina NOT being a good island to move to during the ZA. They think it's a good idea, close to the mainland. I think it's too crowded and would take forever to clear out the tons of Walkers and we would have a bigger risk of people being bit then on a less inhabited island. But I am the crazy one.

Oh, and if you and your close knit group of friends have a precise and detailed plan for the ZA, which includes the stealing of a boat that can be operated by less than 16 people. We're precise. We have a plan for exactly 16 people. And some of us regularly target practice specifically for the ZA.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

When your bad knee starts acting up so you have to be careful when you walk and you realize that you're kind of shambling awkwardly along like a Walker. You just sigh and think--well, it's good practice for when the inevitable happens. (Although you feel a little better when you grab your 'just in case you need it' cane and realize that a *real* Walker wouldn't use a cane.)

HandsFullMama

HandsFullMama

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I scoured the clearance food at Target for canned goods. When zombie apocalypse goes down, we will have Chef Boyardee ravioli and baked beans!

When I looked through the Dick's circular. Bows were on sale, and I thought, "if it works for Daryl...."

I watched all 19 episodes in about two weeks. And now I have to wait a month? Boo!

devonkurt

devonkurt

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

i really love that series...can anyone here help me where could i download the last full episode of walking dead?

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

While you will probably have to find it on your own if you mean a pirate copy, since I am pretty sure that links to illegal content are not tolerated here, there are a number of relatively cheap options for watching it online. (Unlike many shows, it is not available on Hulu.)

http://www.amazon.co...d_sim_mov_aiv_1 is Amazon's streaming version, where it's $1.99.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

...you're attending a luncheon as captain of your workplace's 'Walkathon' team, and when the speaker asks the audience to answer the question 'what does a walker do?' the pictures in your head of what walkers do is probably different than what the other people in the room are picturing.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

You spend the summer watching episodes of The Walking Dead Video Game on youtube to carry you through to October.

I have spent hours of my life this summer watching a video game on youtube and I'm not nearly as embarassed by that fact as I should be.

Cindylou

Cindylou

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

When after watching all the episodes (I just finished) and your husband asks you "weren't you shocked by what Shane did to Otis" and you see an odd look on his face when you tell him "nope, first rule of a ZA, you only have to be as fast as one other person".

Hey we already have a plan at work in place!

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I think maybe the first rule of "You Know You're Obsessed" is that you're even posting in this thread at all before the season starts.

I still can't blame Shane for that action. At the time he did it, it was the only way to ensure that Carl lived. If he hadn't done it, both he and Otis would have died and Carl would have died. That Otis had just saved Shane's life before this scene added to the misery. Far from simply coldly committing this vile act and then walking away, Shane tortured himself over it to the point that he basically went insane.

I do fault both of them for the utterly horrible planning that made this scene possible, since they apparently had no workable escape plan once they got in and got the medical equipment. By all rights, they should have both died just because of the shitty planning. However, that kind of character stupidity, where the living humans often seem even dumber than the zombies, is pretty much a trope of zombie movies. If you like zombies (and I love zombies) you have to tolerate a fair amount of total bullshit, and if you like zombies enough you even like BAD zombie movies, you have to be willing to be buried in mountains of bullshit, or at least be able to give it the MST3K treatment.

I'd still put this show in the top half of zombie media, even though there are times it is infuriatingly dumb.

Back from the tangent (oops I'm obsessing in a thread about obsession), Shane was right to shoot Otis. Sorry, dude, you were too fat. And tasty.

irishmaple

irishmaple

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

I was scrolling through the TV programme guide last night and found myself suddenly transfixed by the words Free Preview Until October 31st on Channel 293, the nonHD AMC. Seriously? I have to pay extra to Bell Satellite for AMC now? It's not a premium channel; it's always been down there in Basic Cable land. A quick check of the Bell website confirmed that as of October 31st, unless I call and subscribe, I will be locked out of AMC. Enraged is a conservative description of how I feel towards my satellite provider to whom we already give an embarrassing amount of money.

Needless to say, on November 1st, I'll be dialling that number and subscribing because, yes, I am obsessed with The Walking Dead and refuse to be parted from it two episodes into season 3.

Doom

Doom

Stalker

Posted Oct 4, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

That is just cruel. I don't profess to know the ins and outs of these situations, but is there a protest you could join? How can they just snatch a channel away that you paid for, and charge you extra? If all of a sudden I had to pay extra for ESPN, CNBC and The Weather Channel if I wanted to watch them after October 31st, that would seem like scam to me.