Heejun Han

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

69 replies to this topic

Cherry Wire

Cherry Wire

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

I know we've seen some obvious producer shenanigans on this show, but perhaps nothing has made me want to call BS as much as Heejun's "redemption arc" tonight. They really think home viewers will eat up everything they sell them, including the notion that Heejun has experienced some kind of spontaneous transformation.

That said, unlike others who have been part of these manipulations, Heejun seems a little more of a loose cannon. I could see him spilling the beans later this year, maybe to the NY Post or an NY radio station, about how the producers created a "storyline" for his "character".

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 10:57 PM

From Shirley Halperin's Twitter backstage:

[Spoiler alert!] Ha! @AmericanIdol's Heejun Han was asked what he'll do next and said, "I guess I'll watch The Voice." Lol! CC: @NBCTheVoice

I LOVE HEEJUN.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

Glad HeeHaw is gone. It was entertaining at first, in a Sanjaya kind of way, but it got old.

Next, please ditch DeAndre, show. Please.

marie caroline

marie caroline

Couch Potato

• Interests:Brit soaps, reality shows,miniseries, reading biographies, mysteries and classic fiction, walking and people watching, particularly in NYC.

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:00 AM

I am definitely going to miss him! But he left on a good note, took it well, and has the tour to look forward to and the friendship he has developed with Phillip. I loved their tweets supporting each other. I think Heejun could do quite well with K-pop. I was so afraid he was going to be the villain of the show, especially with the odious Jimmy's attacks. He is one mean SOB. Not saying that he doesn't have a point with his critiques, but he delivers them in such a self-satisfied smirky kind of way. Simon - he is not. Although I wonder if Simon would have let Heejun through. Probably not!

I am finding this season incredibly boring, except for Heejun. But I am enjoying The Voice! American Idol will definitely be on FF mode for me now. I did have one other favorite, but her performance this week was meh.

It was entertaining at first, in a Sanjaya kind of way

In no way was Heejun comparable to Sanjaya. Heejun has a better voice with a lovely tone. Sanjaya was attractive to the teen girls more than anything, and I doubt Heejun had that audience. And for the record - I couldn't stand Sanjaya.

Tigeriff

Tigeriff

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Of the males left, I found Heejun's voice the most listenable. Joshua has real talent, but is so overwrought in his delivery. I have zero interest in listening to the other guys. If I go to the tour, it will be because Heejun will be there. Glad he made this far.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

In no way was Heejun comparable to Sanjaya.

Sanjaya was a much better singer. And a better dresser.

There were very few tears from the other contestants for Heejun. I think the rest of the contestants were probably tired of his nonsense and want to get down to the business of competing. Unlike Heejun, who just seems to crave attention, these kids want a career in music. As Heejun said himself, he wants to be a star. This was his biggest, best and only shot at it so I hoped he got all the attention he needs.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

I appreciate Heejun's quirky charm and talent. I think we will be seeing more of him, perhaps on a TV series or some movie role written for him. He's a cute guy with entertaining schtick. The confines of American Idol probably weren't best for him. He has a better singing voice and more charisma than Sanjaya (whose appeal was mainly to pre-teens).

waving feather

waving feather

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

I know we've seen some obvious producer shenanigans on this show, but perhaps nothing has made me want to call BS as much as Heejun's "redemption arc" tonight. They really think home viewers will eat up everything they sell them, including the notion that Heejun has experienced some kind of spontaneous transformation.

LOL! I noticed that when he was having his "redemption arc", the only people contributing to it were the judges and Jimmy. I was actually a little bit offended on his behalf that Jimmy was psychoanalyzing Heejun. Girl please, it's just a reality singing contest.

His answer on whether his humor was a “defense mechanism”:

“I have no idea where they get that knowledge from. What the heck is defense mechanism? What is that? People do watch lots of dramas and CSI–they are just way over thinking it. I’m just a funny guy who happened to be on American Idol. I was just being myself throughout the whole competition.”

I was watching some exit interviews and I really like his perspective on the whole thing. I think he has a good head on his shoulder and wish him the best in everything he does in the future. I don't know if he will make it in the entertainment industry but I think he's very charismatic young man.

Babalooie

Babalooie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

Heejun will be on "Live with Kelly" tomorrow morning.

areca

areca

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

Please delete, answered my own question.

Edited by areca, Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:51 PM.