Deandre Brackensick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

47 replies to this topic

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

In fact I'm watching a PBS special now and Tavares is singing and these old guys are making me happy. And remember Switch? There'll Never Be.

I saw that PBS special, loved Tavares and they're still cute. I love how the last guy dances off the stage. He's still got the moves.

Looking forward to what Deandre does this week.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Yay DeAndre made it! Now son, from here on, you gotta really lay it down! Don't let Iovine tell you to sing any more sappy shit.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 5:43 AM

ITA, Ohwell.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

So glad that DeAndre survived another week!

deedee2

deedee2

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

I think Deandre sounds a lot like Terence Trent D'arby. Mind you, I'm not a fan of Deandre, whereas I totally dig Terence, but they do have a similar tone to my ear.

theNightFog

theNightFog

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

Deandre's lack of confidence will hold him back. He has no clue to who he is. And he deserved to be in the Bottom 3.

sandrajane

sandrajane

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

Deandre's lack of confidence will hold him back. He has no clue to who he is. And he deserved to be in the Bottom 3.

He lacks confidence when he can't sing in his genre, and it shows in his performance. This is his second go on AI. He should have prepared himself a little more this time around. You're not going to be able to sing R&B every week.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

I don't think he deserved to be in the bottom 3 at all. I thought he gave an energetic performance and he looked confident enough to me, much more so than last week when he sang that sappy Endless Love song. And as far as being "prepared," he seems to be as prepared as the rest of them, none of whom have blown my socks off.

Pythonite

Pythonite

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

Well he got my dog howling. I don't think she liked it.

bluwater

bluwater

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Although I wasn't super crazy about the song he chose last night, he's my favorite voice on the show. His tone is just so pretty and I enjoy the falsetto.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

I liked the song for the simple reason that it was Eric Benet's, an artist that mainstream (white) America probably has never heard of. I like the fact that it was an old-school R&B song that DeAndre selected because that's what he wants to sing. You could tell that he was happy and comfortable singing that song. So if he gets voted off tonight, at least he will go out singing what he wanted to sing. I just hope that when AI is over somebody like Eric Benet will work with him because I would be ready to buy his CD.

Wurlitzer

Wurlitzer

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

My thought when Deandre was called safe: Who in the heck voted for that vocal hot mess? I recognize that he has a lot of talent, but I agree with Jimmy that he has a lot of growing to do. Given the tongue bath he received from the judges last night, I am beginning to wonder if I lack refined taste. Although, perhaps I'm marginally skeeved out by him because I have a dear old friend who is a spitting image of him. She married her high school sweetheart last spring. I enjoyed that messy reggae thing he did to that Stevie Wonder song a few weeks ago more than the caterwauling of last night. I like him on uptempo songs.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

I saw DeAndre on the Today show this morning and he said he would be working with Eric Benet. I'm not exactly sure what that means (and maybe neither does DeAndre at this point) but I'm so happy for him because I think Eric would be a great mentor for him. I just hope they can leave stage mom out of it, lol.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

Over the years, this show has seen people drop comparatively non-horrible-sounding names like "Hundley" and "Suddeth" for image reasons. Does it represent progress (i.e., just be yourself! Don't worry about silly superficial considerations!) or just a notorious stage mom not being stage mom enough that a kid tried to make it while being named "Brackensick"?

I mean, it's useful from a snark perspective when the last syllable of somebody's name so perfectly mirrored how their Idol performances always left me feeling. But still.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

Man, that was cruel, unfunny, and unnecessary.

I wish DeAndre all the best.

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

The falsetto thing is big in R&B but DeAndre's a little young for the Urban Adult Contemporary market at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with a deal a few years down the road.

sgomes

sgomes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:00 PM

A duet DeAndre posted on Youtube. I hope he gets a recording contract. I think he has what it takes to make it in the industry. He sounds so much Maxwell here, IMO.

"Fuss And Fight"

Edited by sgomes, Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:13 PM.

intuitive

intuitive

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

Love his voice and thought he should have finished higher on Idol.