1-16: "Scandal" 2012.02.29

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

178 replies to this topic

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

The Graysons unite in the face of recent scandal; Emily becomes increasingly anxious; Amanda's location is questioned.

I love Conrad's appalled face at "You're rich. Who hates you?"

Edited by Princess Aldrea, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:18 PM.

SzmuttyPratfall

SzmuttyPratfall

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

EDITED BECAUSE SOMEONE GOT THERE FIRST. Please Delete this thread.

and whoops got the wrong date.

Edited by SzmuttyPratfall, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:22 PM.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

The murder scandal at the Fire & Ice party rocks the Hamptons, and someone has to take the fall. The devastating turn of events call for desperate measures, as the Graysons form a united front, Emily grows more anxious, Ashley steps up for the family, and Jack is not the only one wondering where Amanda has gone.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

I'm so glad they showed what actually happened at the end there since there is a month long break (WHAT?? Ugh!); at least we won't have to spend weeks debating what really happened.

Takeda tells Emanda she has to choose between Amily or Daniel but not both. I swore I saw a smirk in Emanda's eye at one point when Daniel was being arrested (or was it when he was being interviewed?)

I am still not sure if bringing Daniel down wasn't part of her plan, just.....not like this.

YoshiYo

YoshiYo

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

I thought Takeda told her she had to choose between Jack or Amily.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

I missed what Takeda said to Emanda about Jack (when he had her up against the wall). Did he say that he would "take care" of Jack too?

Bkwrm

Bkwrm

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

Hmmm. The shot Daniel fired looked pretty damn bad; it probably would have killed Tyler without the two in the back.

Of course, in Movie and TVLand, a shot full in the chest is barely a flesh wound.

Edited by Bkwrm, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:25 PM.

KaveDweller

KaveDweller

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

I thought Takeda told her she had to choose between Jack or Amily.

And I thought he meant choosing between Jack and Daniel.

I'm actually a little disappointed at the reveal of Takeda is the shooter, it seems a bit too safe or something.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

I'm actually a little disappointed at the reveal of Takeda is the shooter, it seems a bit too safe or something.

Do you think that Emanda may try get revenge against Takeda for usurping her authority? She seemed pretty upset about what he did. She hates to lose control and most definitely hates when people go behind her back. Nolan may have to watch his back for a while for being in cahoots with Takeda.

Ashley giving/selling the pics to the press may have helped Emanda (unintentionally) with assuring Daniel getting bad press.

Edited by Bella, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:30 PM.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

thought Takeda told her she had to choose between Jack or Amily.

Crap. I didn't record this, as hubby had the DVR all tied up. I'll have to wait till it's up on demand to double check all the details. I thought he was talking about Daniel because Takeda said something about the boy she has feelings for, and Amily because he mentioned he took care of her. But now I'm not so sure because Jack would've fit too.

dirtypop90

dirtypop90

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

I too thought he meant she must choose between Jack and Daniel.

I'm also not completely convinced she isnt happy about Daniel's takedown. She's so hard to read. I use to think she cared some what for Daniel but these days Idk.

I believe the whole point of tyler's death was not so it could be a huge who-done-it s/l but so The Greysons will have to watch Daniel go through what they put David through. Ultimate karma

Also :thumbs up: for evilAshley

I thought the one he took care of was Daniel, because he framed him, and the boy she cared for was Jack.

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

I doubt Emanda has a shot against Takeda. I think he has had a dog in this fight from the very beginning for some reason. It was Emanda who was getting derailed according to Takeda and he had to take care of it. But he has been in a partnership with Nolan, but it seems Nolan wishes Emanda would just stop.

I will miss Amily. I think she had to go because Jack will be in trouble. Declan was very likeable tonight.

The look on Emanda's face when Charlotte had her head on her shoulder. Like a how do I comfort my sister look of fear.

Dammit. April?

HoneyB

HoneyB

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:36 PM

Damn you show for making me like Declan and Charlotte tonight. Jack may just be too stupid to save. Who takes off a bloody sweatshirt and puts it back in their drawer? He is going to be the scapegoat for the Grayson since they won't be able to find Amily. He is probably still holding onto the wire transfer receipt. Listen to Nolan, Jack. Get rid of it.

Cardie

Cardie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

I thought the one he took care of was Daniel, because he framed him, and the boy she cared for was Jack.

That was my impression, too. I thought he was telling her that he now had her in the position where at least one "boy" she cared for was going down for the murder--implying that she needs to stop getting emotionally involved with anyone.

Takeda clearly wants revenge himself (or for someone else who is behind him.) The way he talked to Emanda was not the way you talk to someone you're trying to protect, even in a tough love fashion.

If Tyler had died from the shot to the chest from Daniel, a self-defense argument isn't hard to make. But two more shots in the back do make it look like murder, although hardly pre-meditated first-degree murder.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

Does this mean that Amily is dead? Jack needs to burn that wire transfer receipt, but he probably won't. Nolan needs to kidnap Jack and plop him on some island for safety. The Graysons will most definitely be looking for a fall guy and if they can't find one.... they'll make one. And Victoria just had to get her digs in to Emanda about Emanda's juvie past.

Edited by Bella, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:46 PM.

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

Wanted to add- does anyone else think that the engagement gift that Victoria gave to Emily was fishy? Did she hide something in that box? For one split second, I thought it was THE box, the one Takeda gave back to Emanda, that Emanda had buried in the sand.

Edited by callietwo, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:49 PM.

BlamBaby

BlamBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:49 PM

The look on Emanda's face when Charlotte had her head on her shoulder. Like a how do I comfort my sister look of fear.

Heh. I totally thought the same thing.

Three things totally threw me tonight:
1. I liked Declan. WTF?
2. I felt bad for Tyler. I've always hated the guy, but seeing him plead for his life actually broke my heart a little.
3. Emanda broke her infinity box! She's done trying to salvage her original plan; she's preparing to raise fresh hell, IMHO.

I loved the early days of this show when Emanda was so cold and calculating. I used her as my personal outlet for revenge. And as she's begun to lose more and more control, I've gotten more and more hooked. Now I'm completely addicted, and I'm not sure how I'll last until April.

Edited by BlamBaby, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:51 PM.

Bkwrm

Bkwrm

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

Yes, Jack is showing TSTL tendencies, while Declan is slowly getting better (I hope).

Nolan needs to kidnap Jack and plop him on some island for safety.

I hope the Jack/Nolan scene means Nolan is getting a little disenchanted with his "friend".

Ganymedeone

Ganymedeone

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:51 PM

SO glad they showed that bit at the end! I was hoping that Amily had been the other shooter because A) Tyler deserved it, and had used her as a part of his plan, and B) It would have left a bit of mystery as far as how involved Takeda was willing to get, with him only supplying a getaway ride.
I'm fairly positive the choice for Emanda was between Daniel (whom Takeda believes she has feelings for) and 'the other boy you have feelings for', which would be Jack.
I was hoping Nolan and Takeda's alliance went back even further, as that would make Emanda more of a tool of revenge rather than the mastermind, which she hasn't been quite as much lately.
Daniel didn't seem surprised that they now have a dog?
As always, any scene between Emanda and Victoria is golden! Victoria's crack about how Emanda's stint in juvie will be helpful was snarkily delicious! As was Emanda's answering glare.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Where the hell was Grandpa Grayson? Talk about needing to do damage control to protect the family empire; he should have wanted to know about what was going on with Daniel at the precinct and the investigation. At least trying to bribe someone. I found his lack of appearance glaring.

Edited by Bella, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:56 PM.

djsunyc

djsunyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

This is why the show is so different than all other shows on TV - a question comes up, BAM, within an episode it's answered.

We know who sent the pics. And most importantly, we know exactly what happened on the beach.

When I heard the tag say new episodes in April, I almost threw my remote at the tv.

Jack is gonna go down for this...

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

Jack is gonna go down for this...

Also, Jack wasn't wearing any gloves when he handled Tyler's body or the phone... fingerprints anyone? He's screwed. Hopefully, Emanda can find a way to save/protect him while not outing her agenda to the Graysons; and still somehow managing to get revenge against them. Pretty tall order Em's!

GhostJack21

GhostJack21

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

I don't think this was the best episode to end on. They should have taken a month break after Chaos. This episode was really weird. It didn't feel like Revenge.

I hope Amily isn't dead, but I believe when Takeda takes care of something, he takes care of it.

What will happen next? I look forward to April.

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:18 AM

1. Show, don't make me like Declan.

2. Jack, Jack, Jack. You witness the supposed love of your life at the very least witnessing a corpse and possibly a murder, and your response is to leave self-incriminating evidence in a place so obvious Declan can find it?

3. Nice to see Daniel start getting a clue.

4. And finally Ashley seems to be doing something other than social secretary. Good on you, Ashley, to use the nice murder of the guy you were dating as a career opportunity.

5. I am not certain that Nolan is telling the entire truth about his dealings with Takeda.

6. But on that note -- nice touch to screw up the security footage to make Daniel look even MORE guilty, although convenient touch that Daniel just happened to decide to take Emily to the beach and fight with her about going to Paris and then mope about so Tyler could confront him.

7. Honestly could not believe the Graysons failed to disclose Daniel's earlier little accident trouble. The attorney was absolutely right, although since the prosecution does have disclosure obligations the defense attorney might have gotten SOME warning, but, seriously, Graysons, don't lie to the defense attorney just now.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

Where the hell was Grandpa Grayson? Talk about needing to do damage control to protect the family empire; he should have wanted to know about what was going on with Daniel at the precinct and the investigation. At least trying to bribe someone. I found his lack of appearance glaring.

Quoting myself because I rewatched the episode and Conrad stated that Grandpa took the helicopter to the city and Conrad was gonna make sure the best defense attorney will be on board.

vienna87

vienna87

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:24 AM

4. And finally Ashley seems to be doing something other than social secretary. Good on you, Ashley, to use the nice murder of the guy you were dating as a career opportunity.

Tyler would have been proud .

Why were the Greysons trying to pin it on Amily when as far as they're concerned she had no motive to hurt Tyler? Also, why was Amily's jacket with the money transfer document in Jack's car? I don't remember her taking her jacket off at any point that night.

beetlesoda

beetlesoda

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

I still don't get where this great love for Jack comes from, I mean I haven't seen it develop. With Daniel I get it, I'm seen their relationship but with Jack she just talks to him for a while he says something meaningful, she thinks about their past together and goes home to Daniel. Is this one of those I loved you since I was a kid crap cause I don't buy that.

So and Amily dead? I hope not, I was one of the few who kinda liked her crazy behind.

And I knew it was Takeda all along. Whoo for evil Ashley! Get it gurl

vienna87

vienna87

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

I still don't get where this great love for Jack comes from, I mean I haven't seen it develop. With Daniel I get it, I'm seen their relationship but with Jack she just talks to him for a while he says something meaningful, she thinks about their past together and goes home to Daniel. Is this one of those I loved you since I was a kid crap cause I don't buy that.

I never believed she really loved him. I always though it was gratitude and affection she felt for him due his loyalty to her. He represents innocence and happier times.

regardez

regardez

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

So glad they didn't tell us who she chose. I thought the choice was to save Amanda or Jack. Not Daniel or Jack. It would be too obvious that Amanda would choose Jack over Daniel. But Amanda or Jack I see as a harder choice for her.

Oh, Ashley selling the pictures. I love it. It's so her and so devious. I really wanted her to be the second shooter.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was worried that present had a video camera in it.

I really want the Graysons to have to tell their children what they did to David Clarke. Not that it would happen for a while but that would be lovely.

And what was in the "box" Daniel found? Just worthless stuff? The way Emily looked at it I wondered if there was more to it

Pugposse

Pugposse

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

Wow, it looks like Declan has most of the brains in the Porter family, and is even dispensing sage advice to Charlotte. While I don't find Jack unlikable, he is too dumb to be with Emanda. And he has no sense of self-preservation which is one of her main attributes. Compared to Emanda, Nolan is somewhat of an innocent too, but their snarky and spirited repartee is one of the things that makes the show. There aren't any characters that I dislike; still, I'm always up for more Nolan and Conrad. Daniel is more suspicious of Emanda than he's letting on, and has many reasons as well to doubt some of the lines his parents are feeding him. However, he's so malleable that one minute the light bulb goes on, and next minute someone tells him something conflicting and the bulb dims.

I agree that the lack of new episodes for a month or more, in addition to the intermittent schedule so far, basically sucks. For years I've only followed shows on premium channels and cable; the networks' crazy scheduling strategies are not helping to engage me!