12-3: "How Much is That Celebrity in the Window" 2012.03.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

173 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

The teams are tasked with creating storefront window displays for the Ivanka Trump Collection. The women's Project Manager finds herself in over her head. The men all rally behind their leader but lose faith when he checks out early. When Ivanka judges the windows, the losing team faces Donald Trump in the Boardroom, and another Celebrity is sent packing

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

The local station went to black the last half hour of the show! What team won and who was sent home? Thanks in advance!

MagniFicent

MagniFicent

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

I feel like if George had chosen to blame Arsenio, Arsenio would have been fired. Class act to the end, and you could tell the rest of the team has a ton of respect for him. He was kind of a bumbling disaster as a PM, but they refused to throw him under the bus. Definitely rooting for Penn at this point.

bandita

bandita

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

George was a terrible Manager but what a class act. Clay could take a lesson from him. Clay is constantly making faces and rolling eyes.The real reason they lost was because Arsenio sucked at picking clothes.

Penn will be there at the end.

Edited by bandita, Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:06 PM.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

Sorry to see George go, but it was the right decision. I really wanted his charity to get some money.

I also feel Adam should have gotten a pat on the back in the boardroom - he worked really hard.

Debbie wanted to model, and was not happy when she got shot down.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:13 PM.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

The local station went to black the last half hour of the show! What team won and who was sent home? Thanks in advance!

The women won and George was sent home.

The men totally set George up! Adam wasn't really joking when he said they picked George because he was gay. It was clear that none of the men wanted to lead and poor George got stuck. Lou should be very suspicious if they ever want him to be PM. He's clearly the next one they want gone although I can do without the motorcycle guy and the driver guy. Final note on the men's team: Clay should never, ever have facial hair.

It was nice to see the women pull it together. Victoria was really weighing them down. I'm not sure that their windows were really great, but they seemed more alive than the men's displays.

filmcamerachick

filmcamerachick

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

I also feel Adam should have gotten a pat on the back in the boardroom - he worked really hard.

He did, but Good Lord, do I find his "jokes" annoying. He's that guy at the party who's got a quip for everything - when you just want to have a normal conversation.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

So they said the guys lost just so this wouldn't be a runaway?

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

George was definitely deserving of his firing. Arsenio chose the wrong clothes, sure, but ultimately George was ineffectual and a poor communicator. He also wasn't going to bring the drama that this show craves. He remained a class act the entire way, though, so good for him.

The women's idea and window was much more interesting and therefore visually fun to look at. The men's just looked... cheap?

I loved seeing Adam in carpenter mode. I had no idea he did that before becoming famous.

CaliBabyDolly

CaliBabyDolly

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

...and to see Penn choking up with the disabled people (his charity) as he explained it and presented the check was precious! I actually welled up watching that.

JCS, unless you didnt figure it out by these posts, George went home and he brought Arsenio and Lou into the boardroom. It never got nasty, and thank goodness Clay couldnt hear George bumble Clays name from behind the glass.

I thought the womens windows were a disaster. The only thing bad about the mens was the evening wear. Too bad they didnt know they could call up Ivanka and ask for help, but I assumed it wasnt allowed also. I smell a rat concerning why Arsenio would not KNOW what clothing women wear on the red carpet. Do you think he was picking crap on purpose so George would lose? I do not know for sure now.

PetuniaP

PetuniaP

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

George Takei might be one of the most dignified men I have ever seen on television. I'm glad that no one openly attacked or denigrated him in the boardroom and that he went out the way that he did...on his own sword. I can't quite figure out what Lou has done to piss everyone off so much, I feel badly for the guy because you can see that he is sensitive and I think he is taking his marginalization very hard.

Aubrey is becoming more loudmouthed and obnoxious with each episode. Yes, her solution of using live models after the photo fiasco was a good one, if not completely obvious. I'm not sure photos alone would have fared that well anyway. But I find her very abrasive and nothing good can come of her alliance with Lisa. She might make it close to the end though because I don't think any of those women will be able to stand up to her in a real showdown.

I would like this show so much more if I didn't have to see or hear Donald Trump each week. He's disgusting and insufferable. The way he went on with Dayana about how she toys with men...how does he know her personal business? He just makes assumptions because she is beautiful? Ugh, it turns my stomach.

Edited by PetuniaP, Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:27 PM.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

It was obvious that both PMs were weak. Whichever team lost their PM was probably going home.

In 3 weeks Michael Andretti has been hiding in the background. Even Donald Trump never asks him a question. He is getting by because everyone forgets he is there.

Jumelle

Jumelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

The right person was fired, but it seemed somewhat unfair. The men had no idea of fashion, not even Arsenio, who at least tried.
George was so scattered and lost, his presentation out on the street was painful.
Lou still scares me a little bit, but he was right about the midnight blue paint. The reflective tape comment was hysterical.
If it had been a closer race, I'd say Debbie and Aubrey saved Dayana's butt.

Rozen

Rozen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

The problem with the second box was that Ivanka's line doesn't have any appropriate red carpet looks. If Aresenio came up with the red carpet idea on its own, then he was ultimately responsible. But if not, he found the pieces closest to a chick evening look, imo.

Mr Pants

Mr Pants

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

I'm sad to see George go, he was my main reason for watching. But at least he went out looking classy and didn't get pulled into the drama. Better to have a short, dignified run than than to spend several episodes unraveling.

GilvearSt

GilvearSt

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

Aubrey is very annoying but she's also very creative. It's totally worth a few minutes of frustration to get to her really strong ideas. She came up with the clock thing, saved it with the live model thing and played a part in the sketches/pictures thing too. Annoying and certainly not the "timeless style" I think of when I think of Ivanka, but creative and certainly will have a place on that team for a while.

George was the right fire because there were two problem areas. The clothes didn't work for the setting and the setting was too dark to properly feature the clothes. If it was just one problem you would say that the person delegated with that task failed, but with two issues, the lack of supervision and an overall vision from George becomes clear. Clay bugs but he was right to say that George worked himself out of a job. I can't point to a single thing in that task that was his. That's a serious problem when you're the PM and its supposed to be your vision.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

The way he went on with Dayana about how she toys with men...how does he know her personal business? He just makes assumptions because she is beautiful? Ugh, it turns my stomach.

Won't someone please sue him for harrassment? He's so gross. (But this week did not top Week 1 where he asked if her boyfriend was rich and "does he have a plane" and when she said, "No", pronounced that, "Oh, you don't want him. That will never work."

He's just so obnoxious, particularly so to women. Particularly so to beautiful women. It's pathetic, really.

Sorry to see George go, but glad that he acquitted himself well through all three weeks--as a great guy, if not as a great PM.

Still on Team Penn. Still hoping to see him wipe the floor with Trump (literally would be nice).

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

He's that guy at the party who's got a quip for everything - when you just want to have a normal conversation.

Yeah, that's Adam. He's like that on talk shows and even when he was on DWTS. Always "on".

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:18 AM

This episode didn't do much to showcase Ivanka's clothes. Considering they were on models and actresses, in a total look, complete with hair and make-up, the clothes should have looked a little more attractive.

There was no way Trump could fire Arsinio for picking the clothes... that would imply his daughter's line is ugly, which it kind of is.

dbell1

dbell1

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:22 AM

Clay is an ass. A two faced one.

How did Dee get a pass? He did nothing.

I tuned in for George since I'm a massive fan of the actor and especially the man. Glad I don't have to keep watching this mess now. I can't take Aubrey's noise much longer.

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

I was wondering about Dee getting a pass as well. I could've sworn in previous seasons, if you weren't there, you were fired (or at least up for firing).

I spent most of the time when Clay was doing his talking head thing wondering about the fuzzy stuff happening on his chin/jaw. Dude should not try to grow scruff. But I don't see him as being annoying/two-faced. He just says what he thinks, and I am pretty sure he says it TO the actual people, not just in the talking heads.

I felt that this episode/task was just to get the women's team an 'easy' win. Any tasks involving celebrity/creativity seem to be more in the men's wheelhouse.

I am glad George left - he left without regrets (it seems, to me) and without drama, but also...he kept being called out as the person who would've been called in as a possible firing candidate in the past two weeks, so I am not sure how long he would've been able to stick around. Same goes for Lou, honestly. And both of them seem like good guys, just maybe not the best "Apprentice" contestants. (I have to remember that becoming the Celeb Apprentice doesn't necessarily mean you are the best or nicest - Piers and Joan spring to mind immediately!)

I think Clay and Penn on the men's team, maybe Arsenio, have the best chances of moving forward far; on the women's team, I have no clue. I still feel like, even after the win this week, that there are no good finalist candidates for them.

CarnivalQueen

CarnivalQueen

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:34 AM

Tweet from Dee Snider tonight.

DeeSnider‏
Creative editing! #CelebrityApprentice RT @bakerdabum @deesnider is Clay Aiken a douche or is it creative editing ?

George is an elegant and dignified man, but he was a lousy PM. He ultimely threw himself under the bus. A case could have been made for Arsenio to get fired.

I thought the windows of the women sucked too. And why is Trump constantly sucking up to Dayana? She was a horrible PM too. I can't stand the self involved fame ho that is Aubrey O'Day, but she did save the day for Dayana.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

The men just needed a spotlight or some kind of light shining in their midnight window. That would have taken care of it. When they first started revealing their plan for day/night window, I was thinking of having a midnight (black/blue) wall and poke out some holes, then you shine a light through that from behind and they look like stars out. That was my idea.

George has a problem with his personality being an introvert and what looked like he overthinks, he overthinks and is too careful about what to say, and has a hard time just freely speaking. They should not have made him the speaker, especially last week when he demonstrated his lack of talent for public speaking. I think his presentation made them lose.

I read somewhere about Lou behind the scenes flexing his muscles around and causing that to be intimidating. You will probably be picking up little clues when you just watch and listen to the men on his team react and make comments to this.

I thought this was a good episode for "cover your ass" - the way to speak negatively about someone without really sounding like you are criticizing them - for example the way Arsenio delivered criticism in a way like a politician, his answer came out smooth but really was covering a negative statement.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

Trump owns the Miss Universe pageant which produced Dayana, so he probably knows her a bit. Being a woman I usually root for the women's teams but this time around I like the men a lot more. I do like Debbie G and Tia, don't know yet about Theresa, but don't care for the rest.

I think both windows really showed no spark. The men got the branding right which is probably the big thing. Ivanka did say something about the day to night woman so I assume she has some dressier clothes. Since she also had a number of dressy shoes (Betty White style), she must have dressy clothes.

I didn't quite get why Trump was asking if George consulted Ivanka about the clothes. She did meet with both teams. I really doubt if she would have hand picked the outfits for them. Also thought it odd that she wasn't in the boardroom to talk more about what worked/didn't.

This felt like a task designed for the women to win. I didn't think Dayana was a good project manager and Aubrey is really, really annoying. George did go out with class with makes me respect the men even more.

hackysacky

hackysacky

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

The men's team fires their first member without any real boardroom drama. I'd rather see the women lose. It's much more entertaining!

Maverick

Maverick

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

I was wondering about Dee getting a pass as well. I could've sworn in previous seasons, if you weren't there, you were fired (or at least up for firing).

The celebrities get a lot of slack. There have been several cases where someone had to be off for a prior commitment (like Adam last week) and didn't suffer any penalties for it. Off the top of my head, the only time it happened was when one of the Kardashian spawn bailed on an episode because she had to be back in Cali to appear in court for drunk driving. Supposedly Trump didn't know why she was gone until after the fact and fired her the following week because drunk driving set a bad example. The most egrious case of giving a celebrity slack was Sharon Osbourne. She had the flu or somesuch that kept her out of several episodes--and not at 100% when she was there--but Trump kept advancing her.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

LOL @ people calling for Dee to be fired because he needed surgery on his hand. That was beyond his control, and the women were down two competitors anyway, so it helped even things out at worst.

Michael Andretti's strategy of blending into the background and never speaking or contributing is working perfectly so far.

kmrowe1

kmrowe1

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

Michael Andretti's strategy of blending into the background and never speaking or contributing is working perfectly so far.

Loved Adams comment about Michael does what Michael does best...sits behind you and drafts and then passes you up at the last minute for the win. Maybe thats Michaels strategy...hes a winner for it so far.

Procellus

Procellus

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

Goodbye to George. Sniff. He seemed a bit flustered last week and for this task. Always a class act, though.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 1:27 AM

It's nice that the pretty girl won for her AIDS charity, but the level of incompetence in this episode was embarrassing.