The Real Housewives of Vancouver

• Please log in to reply

579 replies to this topic

BubbleBlower

BubbleBlower

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 3:00 AM

OMG Jody and her daughter make me want to punch things. They both feel so entitled to everything. Wow.

If Jody is so god damn proper about everything, including how you act and talk in public, why doesn't she tell her daughter to shut her mouth when she's laughing like a hyena?! Honestly, that girl makes me shudder. This is the EXACT face she makes when she laughs, except she's not that cute. http://edge.ebaumswo...71/81772991.jpg

I also don't get where Jody does her hair because she needs to go to a different salon if that's all they're offering. Her hair looks SO bad. Don't even get me started on that whisper she calls her voice. If I had to have a conversation with her, I'd probably end up throwing my drink in her face.

Why can't Mary ever stand up for herself? I'd be too pissed not to. She just sits there, smiles, and takes it. I mean, for all I know she's pretty pissed and I just can't see it because of her botox, but come on! Her face is also the worst out of everyone, I think. Those cheeks are just HUGE! I think these ladies would look so much better without the huge cheeks and botox. Especially Mary. Her cheeks look like she could punch someone out with them.

I really wish we could get the women from Mob Wives on this show. That would be some ass-kicking I'd pay to watch.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:43 AM

For all of Jody`s riches she gets fusion extensions and then does not have them blended with her own hair. I had my hair cut very short for a reality show I was on and six months later had fusion extensions done and blended so that you could not tell that they weren't my own.

Can we just refer to Mia and Hianna from now on? She isn't really a bad looking girl per se, it's how absolutely fugly and corrupt she is as a young woman that just makes her repulsive. Honestly.

I actually fell asleep during watching it earlier and my boyfriend continued to play his videogame while it played on the laptop. When I woke up I mentioned that I would have to restart the file from mid-point and he said that the mother and daughter were the "most vile and ugly females on television and they were like a pack of rabid bitches when they attacked the older woman with the banging body". During the rewatch he paused his game to watch with me and I really could not believe how heinous Jody's comments were toward and about Mary. I want to say that Jody has presented herself to the point of nausea in the media for her charitable efforts. There's also a blog entry where she writes about the other women not being legitimate the way that she and Ronnie are because they don't belong to clubs and shuttle their children to private schools an hour away. Yet I, as a viewer, social worker, marginalized member of society am to believe she is at all genuine in her efforts to feed the needy and "mentally ill"? GTFO, biatch. I don't know what being Jewish has to do with anything but I'd think that behaving like a total raging fucktard would be of more concern when it comes to contradicting your charitable work. If i still lived in Vancouver I would be challenging the funding and distribution of donations toward her good deeds in a public forum.

Ironic that her store is called the Glass House...what with people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or CHANGE UPSTAIRS.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

I see the Mia apple didn't fall far from the bitch tree. Ridiculous. And who are Mia & Jody to talk shit about Mary when both of them look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down? I thought Mary looked adorable, and the Bitch twins were just being jealous and catty. As usual. Jody really needs to stop trying to make Mia "happen".

I did like how Ronnie's son reached out to Mary a little bit, and encouraged her to not engage with Mia & Jody's BS. And we finally saw Ronnie's elusive hubby. And is it wrong that I kinda want to see Mary hook up with Ronnie's son?

Christina always looks like she's having the best time out of everyone. I like that about her.

Loved the preview where Mary finally sticks up for herself. And if Reiko grows a backbone in regards to Jody, I'll be surprised.

GenY

GenY

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

And is it wrong that I kinda want to see Mary hook up with Ronnie's son?

While watching this past episode, I was thinking how lovely it would be if they did. I thought Jhordan is/was gay so.....

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Uh, oh. Somsone said I'm not Jewish. Let me put down my purse and take my earrings off because those are fighting words. LOL. Mia, STFU and have a seat.

Christina on the bull cracked me up.

Before the Housewives franchise blossomed into what it is now (foreclosures, bankruptcies and lawsuits at every turn), Ronnie epitomized the image I had of a well-to-do housewife's life: beautiful home, private plane to take her to and 'fro, time for little pet projects while the husband is out making the money and the kids are ushered off to expensive boarding schools while the wife takes solace in her (not so secret) vices.

I won't hold the spelling of his name against him but thank goodness Jhordan seems to be a somewhat of a voice of reason amongst the HW kids. He's Ronnie's oldest child, right? IIRC Ronnie said that Houston is her youngest son which makes me wonder where her other three fall in line. I don't remember seeing them on the show unless they're away at college or if their fathers (Christina did say she had children with three different men) decided against them being on the show. Anyone know?

Considering where they were going I saw nothing inappropriate about what Mary was wearing. Of course, the manor born Jody does the most (read: too much) with her fashion choices and thinks she's styling and profiling. What an shrew. I hate how when someone confronts her about her behavior she's all 'Darling, calm down, why are you so upset?' with her fake soft voice. I strongly doubt her 7 year old gives a shit about a Burberry dress. Label whore.

What was that bit from Jody about Reiko threatening to kick someone's ass? I find it hard to believe that the editors would leave that tidbit out.

Edited by prmami, May 11, 2012 @ 7:31 PM.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

What was that bit from Jody about Reiko threatening to kick someone's ass?

Wasn't that during the preview for the next episode? I may have misheard, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fly_On_TheWall

Fly_On_TheWall

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

I don't get a gay vibe from Jhordan but I kinda get a vibe he's into Mary.He's always around her, protecting her. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd like to believe there's a romance..or could be. If in part, only to see Jody's head explode.

Nouveaurich

Nouveaurich

Just Tuned In

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Can anyone tell me why the relationship between Mary and Ronnie is so codependent,I mean watching them interact is so annoying these are grown women and they fight over every petty issues possible and for Ronnie to allow that fur wrapped Hag(Jody) to interfere in her friendship with Mary is very wrong of her. I enjoy watching the show but i really do not want a cycle of fighting and making up between these two ladies who are supposed to be best friends for 17 years. I personally find Ronnie to be a mean drunk and emotionally unstable, for the love of Pete why would she call Mary's parents and sister to report her, and tell them that Mary needs help, that is CRAY-CRAY/CUCKOO to me.

I didn't expect to like Christina but now i do i think she has the best TH and one-liners, she is a well mannered funny girl and not mean spirited like the fur hag and her spawn.
Reiko needs to show more of her personality i do not think she is that bland I like her mum though.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

Ronnie and Mary look so much alike... with the exact same injected cheeks, which make their eyes look small, frozen and puffy faces and the same highlighted hair, parted in the middle. In any case, I can never tell them apart.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

It's easy for me...Ronnie's the sloppy drunk, while Mary's cheeks look more chipmunk-y than Ronnie's do.

Edited by OnceSane, May 12, 2012 @ 3:25 PM.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

What was that bit from Jody about Reiko threatening to kick someone's ass?

Wasn't that during the preview for the next episode? I may have misheard, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that was mentioned during the episode when Hag 1 was telling Hag 2 about how Mary turned into the Hulk and unleashed on everyone at the hotel gettogether. Then again, it is all from Grody's account so make of it what you will.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

That's right, it was one more thing that had me side-eying Jody. Then again, pretty much everything she does gets the side-eye.

I hope Reiko brings it in the finale...if she's really switching sides (or at least telling Jody to STFU), I want to see her give it to Jody with both barrels.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 1:32 AM

Hold up, whaddya mean "the finale"? Is this upcoming episode it for the shitshow of a season?

Ms Panda Bear

Ms Panda Bear

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

I was initially pretty entertained that Ronnie sends her son to SLS - just because he seems so indicative of the worst of their stereotypes: pompous, west-van asswipe with more entitlement than brains and money leaking out of every orifice. I'm surprised they consented to filming and using their names. Most of the parents of their students exercise a little more discretion when it comes to money and television. Their clientele are generally more older-monied, a little more conservative and aggressively less flamboyant and flashy. I can't image that the image of parents who bar-hop, go to rehab and ride bulls is something they're really aiming for - the tend to aim for the image of prestige. I have a hard time trying to reconcile their reputation with the trashy housewives tv-chain. It looked like Mary's sons went to a private school - or they just love wearing matching business casual outfits to the first day of class. Reiko's daughter was wearing the plaid and Jody's son looked like he was heading off to some of expensive private school too. None of those schools were identified by name or were filmed in any regard. It makes me think they, unlike SLS, didn't want to be associated with the RHOV.

I enjoyed the morning scenes. Jody's son was very sweet with his baby sister. When she barged into his room he let her talk about how excited she was about school, he helped feed her breakfast, he carried her bag. Strange juxtaposition with Ronnie's kid who comes off as a total, selfish pain in the ass. When he turned his nose up at the sandwich I scoffed. Bitch please. At that age any meal I didn't have to make myself, PARTICULARLY when I was heading off for another bout of caf food, was NOT to be turned down. And not one of my classmates would have judged me in the least if I showed up with a sandwich. Bitches would have been jealous.

And watching Mary do the ties and pass them off to her sons reminded me very much of my first uniform inspections. Running around desperately trying to find somebody who could knot a tie - hard pressed in a house of 60 girls. We used to do the same - one person would do them all and distribute. I still can't do ties on other people. Have to do them on myself first.

I'm enjoying Christina more with every episode and am looking forward to Mary calling Jody on her shit.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Hold up, whaddya mean "the finale"? Is this upcoming episode it for the shitshow of a season?

When I looked before, there were 8 episodes listed for the season on Wikipedia...which would make this week's episode the finale. But now there are 9 listed (with descriptions), so I'm not sure. I'd guess the show will have 9-12 episodes (not counting any reunion episodes).

Edited by OnceSane, May 14, 2012 @ 2:05 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

The reunion shows may calculate in the 9-12 episodes???

jane27

jane27

Just Tuned In

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 6:06 AM

I really, really dislike this show, and I'm a big Housewives fan. It has the most revolting women of all the housewives series, courtesy of Jody and Ronnie. Jody and Ronnie's behaviour reminds me of the cruelest girls in high school, and they really do bully Mary, who's only sin seems to be that she's spineless. Ronnie is a mean alcoholic and Jody is delusional, bitchy and cruel. You know the women are awful when one of the most palatable women on the show is a self-confessed gold digger with no job. I seriously can't believe how awful Jody and Ronnie are, particularly Jody.

How has the show been received in Canada?

Edited by jane27, May 17, 2012 @ 6:06 AM.

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

How has the show been received in Canada?

Well it's taught us never to have 'work' done in Vancouver...

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Jane27 - Most of the comments I've seen from Canadians have been really negative. These women DO NOT represent the NORMAL Canadian woman, rich, poor or middle-class. Most of us don't have a proclivity for this type of behaviour, nor would we condone it in our circle of friends/family. I think the show's producers took the WORST Real Housewives show, New Jersey, & bumped it to max for the Vancouver women, BUT too much is too much & most people stop watching or only watch for the dying bug factor. JMO.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

As well as being totally horrible and looking like freaks, these women are so boring. I've watched a few minutes of the show here and there and just listening to them talk makes me want to fall asleep. They really have nothing to say and are just so dull and mind-numbing!

Crocodileguy1

Crocodileguy1

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

Wow, Mary really lost her shit this episode.

Also was nice to see the re-edited flashback to the Mia/Mary confrontation. In this week's version, Mia is simply repeatedly asking Mary if she said that Mia and Jody weren't Jewish, Mary refuses to answer, then walks off calling Mia a bitch. Certainly a bit different context than the choppily-edited version from last week that made Mia seem so out of line confronting sweet, meek Mary.

Mary's passive-aggression towards Ronnie was also a bit much--I mean, Ronnie had totally stood up for her, and supposedly they'd made up again, but now Mary goes and throws shade. True colors, indeed.

Can't wait for next week.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

Awww, fuck. I really can't hate on Ronnie anymore. Even though I realize it's a reality show and some home scenes are set up for the cameras, the whole bit sitting with Charley and Remy while going over daily information and baby pictures...I just can't anymore. Up to this point the Ronnie we've been shown was a slurring, hateful drunk. I kind of get why someone might drink a bit after a long day, or years.

This week's version of the showdown between Jody, Mia and Mary read a bit differently to me. Jody was taunting Mary by bringing up a tummy tuck and her age and then Mia asked about the Jewish thing and when Mary refused to answer became aggressive with her. In a crowded bar where everyone's been drinking, being confronted like that will never lead to good things and from what we've seen of Mary up to this point she isn't someone who deals well with confrontations, good or bad. Removing yourself from a situation where there are two accusatory and aggressive parties, or pitbulls if you will, is best for all involved. Especially when there is alcohol involved. I'd have called Mia a lot more than just Bitch for getting all up in my face like that and then daring to put her hands on me, particularly when she is a peer's child.

Jody is absolutely vile, repulsive, entitled, lacks any self awareness and personality disordered. She's an ugly piece of shit from the inside out and it shows in every way possible, right down to driving a fucking hummer in this economy and age of environmental awareness. Fuck you Jody.

QueenBee59

QueenBee59

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 12:45 AM

Reiko looks like a tranny! Could her eyebrows be any further up her forehead. I'm sorry, but that chick is fug!

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:11 AM

I have never seen women with such shitty "enhancements" in real life. I think that Reiko was a genuinely beautiful woman before all the botox and stretching her face like a hide over her skull. Her mother Keiko, whose features she seems to have inherited, has aged well and I would have loved to have seen Reiko before having the strap on boobs and facial work done with her natural hair colour because I feel she was gorgeous. For me, it detracts from the personality we're shown to a small degree.

bagatelle1

bagatelle1

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

Awww, fuck. I really can't hate on Ronnie anymore. Even though I realize it's a reality show and some home scenes are set up for the cameras, the whole bit sitting with Charley and Remy while going over daily information and baby pictures...I just can't anymore. Up to this point the Ronnie we've been shown was a slurring, hateful drunk. I kind of get why someone might drink a bit after a long day, or year

I agree that we saw a kinder, softer side of Ronnie... but at the same time, I kept thinking that room, which was done up like a classroom, is probably filled with hired help to work with the child and that Ronnie is only in there on the rare occasion.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

That may well be true, but she knows how to sign which takes a great deal of commitment. What makes me question the softer side is her persistence to want to be associated with someone as vile as Jody.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 5:19 AM

Mary lost me a bit when she talked about how she was Catholic and classy and blah blah, but I'm glad she socked it to Grody.

ITA that it was nice seeing the softer side of Ronnie with her daughters this episode. Of course Ronnie is going to get in Mary's shit about not inviting her to Mexico. I almost forgot about the whole 'wine' thing. Another nail in the "BFF" coffin.

Grody has brought up the fact that Mary is 48 several times. So the fuck what? Those two are like the same age. Again, STFU.

I enjoy hearing Christina speak. I love her voice and her opening line which I can listen to over and over.

shadiou

shadiou

Just Tuned In

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 6:14 AM

This might be going out on a limb but I think that Jody may well be the absolutely worst and vilest housewive I've ever seen on any franchise (disclaimer: I've never seen RHoNY).

And Ronnie might be the most irritating, but thats a personal choice :P

Edited by shadiou, May 19, 2012 @ 6:29 AM.

buggeroff

buggeroff

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

Goddam that Jody and Mia are obnoxious in their furry cuffs and furry scarfy wtfs.They remind me of those little white japanese chickens all beady little eyes and sharp beaks and lots of braaaaawk lol.I would have loved to have been at that ad agency after Ronnies Rehab wine meeting,the expressions on the ad peeps faces were priceless.Stupid drunk.How about some I swilled when I was pregnant now my daughter is messed up wine.Bet you could make bank on that.Im hoping for some Reiko and the dope man drama or Christina totally losing her shit and folding up Jody like the cheap lawnchair that she is.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

Jody is still a bitch, Ronnie is still a drunk, and Christina remains my favorite.

So to be Jody's friend, you have to agree with her at all times, fight her battles, and generally kiss her ass. Got it. Reiko seemed surprised by Jody's vitriol...I guess she thought it would never be spewed her way.

Still on Mary's side & I loved seeing her sticking up for herself. It was long past due.

Ronnie will definitely be upset about Mary's cocktail and her trip to Mexico. I understand Mary not wanting to invite Ronnie to Mexico, though. They just got back to being on non-screaming terms, I wouldn't want to risk another drunken blowup either. A dinner with others is one thing, or even meeting for a drink...a vacation where you can't really get away from each other is something else entirely. And based on the previews, Mary was right to not invite Ronnie, because Ronnie always seems to be itching for a fight (especially after a drink or seven).

Christina's BFF whines more than a four year-old wanting candy in a grocery store. But I enjoy him in small doses.