The Real Housewives of Vancouver

• Please log in to reply

579 replies to this topic

kitsch

kitsch

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

I can't figure out who Jodi looks like... it has been bugging me all day. Reiko appears genuine and upfront, which I like and I thought Markia (sp?), although not a regular, was fun! I could care less for Mari, Christina, and Ronnie right now.

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:16 AM

Jody is so heinous.

I thought I'd really dislike Christina, but she's turning out to be my favourite.

And they all need to lay off the Botox.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:41 AM

Jody makes me miss Jill Zarin. She is so harsh and so direct in her bitchiness. It's a strange combination. She does it all unprovoked and complains about everything. I hope they have a reunion similar to the US ones and that Jody gets eaten alive. For all her talk of class, she is pure garbage.

sugarbear76

sugarbear76

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Strangely, there is something about Jody that i like.

Ronnie is a lush and is a shit disturber.

Reiko seems cool...never needed botox.

No way Christina is only 30...if that is true then being "rode hard" does age you about 10 years

Mary....i just cant get past the plastic surgery. Im sure she was a very pretty lady, but ugh she just made herself look worse.

Dolphincorn

Dolphincorn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

"I hate your f***ing slippers, by the way" might be my all-time favorite line from one of these shows.

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

Haha, yeah. Christina attributed the comment to jealousy, but those were seriously some fucking ugly slippers. Also, having lived in this city for almost nine years, I've never seen anyone wear slippers outside of a hospital. Ugh, I hate Jody.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

If I were Christina & had a friend/acquaintance like Jody, who blatantly called me a slut, I'd drench her with the closest liquid!!! But, that's just me -- LOL. Oh, & by the way, I don't think Jody arrived at her "station in life" without doing her fair share of BJ's & accepting financial assistance from her partners. After all, she's not that well spoken, well-read or attractive. YMMV.

Edited by MedicineCrow, Apr 20, 2012 @ 3:32 PM.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Jody sucks. If I were Christina (or Mary), woman would have been cold-cocked by now. Or I would have at least stood up for myself.

Meanwhile, Ronnie is a waste of space & airtime. Seems like she's willing to throw a 17-year friendship under the bus for a little camera time. I wonder if Mary realized just how much of a fame whore her "BFF" was before the show started. I was not impressed w/ Ronnie snatching Christina's phone out of her hand, just to bitch at Mary. I would have told her not to touch my stuff, had it been my phone (just before I snatched it right back).

All of these ladies have botoxed way too much. I never know what anyone is feeling because their faces never move. Ever.

Oh Jody, no one believes you're sweet simply because you use a breathy baby voice on occasion. Actually it makes me think that this:

I don't think Jody arrived at her "station in life" without doing her fair share of BJ's & accepting financial assistance from her partners.

is completely accurate. I think that's her "I need something from a man" voice, now used on anyone Jody wants to convince that she is not absolutely awful.

scarymary

scarymary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

I am loving this show. It's absolutely ridiculous, and it's fun to see local sights I can recognize. I also thought I would hate Christina, but she's a blast. Definitely not true friend material, but I bet she would be fun to hang out with on a superficial level. Plus, she doesn't take herself too seriously. I'm looking at you, Jody. And your ugly fur accessories.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

After watching a couple of episodes of this show, I think Vancouver plastic surgeons should file an injunction based on restraint of trade. If the women on this show are an example of what the local plastic surgeons are capable of, there needs to be a government inquiry into exactly where these doctors got their degrees. Either that or BC socialites practice DIY plastic surgery.

Christina is my favourite because she doesn't walk around pretending that she's perfect and her life's a dream. She owns up to her insecurities and vulnerabilities which makes her a human being. I wish I could like Reiko more but her money isn't just brand new, it's got quite a bit of blood on it. Her husband was smart to buy a decent wife and even smarter to take her name.

I loathe Ronnie and Jody. It's no surprise they're such good friends since they're both equally venomous. Obviously Jody has decided that the best defense is an offense; no-one gets a chance to point out how unattractive she is because she attacks the moment someone walks through the door. I'm guessing she sent her daughter off to London to try and minimize the gossip. Jody wouldn't be the first Canadian family in the rag trade who shipped their misbehaving daughter off to England to avoid hometown gossip.

The fact that Ronnie blamed her friend for not stopping her drinking set off a ton of bells for me. Perhaps Ronnie should spend less time filming a reality show and more time in rehab or at AA.

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

Late to this party because I taped this and didn't watch it for the longest time. What an amazing guilty pleasure! It's like eating 3 MacFlurries one after the other. Which would make you feel kind of sick by the end, but you'd have all those luscious fake chocolate sprinkles and faked whipped cream all over your face! Christina is 30? Yeah, right. She's been 30 for about 10 years. I don't know one 30-year-old who has had that much work because in general they don't need that much work. Christina has had the whole 9 yards, including face-filler which no one really needs until they get into their 40s. Ronnie is a slightly brighter version of BHKim and I'm sure is headed to rehab very shortly. Jody is bound and determined to get her own show so is being as out there as possible. I liked Reiko and thought her face-work was excellent. And was there someone called Mary there? Because I really don't remember.

I guess, given that this is a huge hit for Slice, that RHTO is round the corner. I wonder who'll they'll get...

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:14 AM

How is Ronnie arriving to the various locations? She turns up drunk out of her skull, slurring like a true alcoholic and then leaves. With all her husband's money I wish she'd hire a makeup artist who was sensitive to the Jocelyn Wildensteins of the world and just brush on some colour other than nude on their worm-like lips. The nude colour is doing no one any favours.

I thought that Jody was the most insidious cast member but it turns out it may be Ronnie with her delusional, drunk, middle aged cougar behaviour. I suppose she was so drunk that she was not aware that there were cameras present to document showing Jody the text messages first in addition to emailing the birthday party pictures to everyone and their mothers (Keiko). I can't even with those Ho-photos in the "man cave" house down the street. By the way Ronnie? Fuck off with your 'houses'. They're your husband's.

You'd think that these women with all the money in the province would behave but I suppose there'd be no show if everyone was a Reiko, who by the way, is fucking awesome. I have a serious lady boner over her car collection...I also took auto and machine shop in high school rather than home ec (to be fair, I also took extensive fashion courses as well).

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

Hey, did anyone notice Christina's new beau is a scuzz-bucket Millionaire Matchmaker reject???

Crocodileguy1

Crocodileguy1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

This is such a great addition to the HoWives--can't get enough of Jody, Ronnie and Reiko. Mary and Christina are good foils, but I just can't with their perpetual playing victim. Ronnie slouched in the chair, looking bored as anything: "Go fuck yourself." BWAH! that slayed me.

Reiko: Most balanced, "normal" of the lot; love her adrenaline addiction and stable of ponies.

Jody: Love her snappy comebacks and acid tongue, and love how hard-working and driven she is. She's like Vicki G, Ramona and Sonja all rolled into one.

Ronnie: Cracks me up; love her one-liners. Love that she just doesn't give a shit and walks around with a buzz saying whatever she wants all the time. She seems pretty satisfied with her life and just. doesn't. care. about anything other than having a good time.

Mary: Needs to chill out and get over herself. Passive-aggressive as anything (knowing Christina would be in trouble with the other women by not attending the tennis game, but reserving that for her TH instead of telling Christina), and seems to choose to take things as digs to make everything about her. Not impressed with her "songwriting" session, either.

Christina: Out of her league. I'm sure she'll be fine once she grows up a little, but she comes off as very immature and insecure. Inserting herself between Mary and Ronnie was so high school, as were her drunken antics at her birthday party. If she grew a spine and stopped associating herself with a "wounded gazelle," I'd probably like her. I find it very telling that she's mentioned a couple times now that Jody makes her "feel so small"--if she were truly confident in herself and owned the life choices she chooses to make, she'd own her behavior and wouldn't get so upset by the other women. She's craving approval from the others but is going about it all the wrong ways.

harperlee

harperlee

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

Does anyone know if this available online? Thanks!

GenY

GenY

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

You can view it on mopvideo.com!

Edited by GenY, Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:03 PM.

Whitney

Whitney

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Hey, did anyone notice Christina's new beau is a scuzz-bucket Millionaire Matchmaker reject???

YES!!! And I also saw him on an episode of "Party Mamas". He's so skeevy.

I wonder if all the women went to the same plastic surgeon for their cheek implants.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

While watching last night's episode, I said "OH NO" when Christina met that scuzz-bucket, David, for dinner (drinks) & wondered why they would "cast" an already well-known scuzz-bucket with Christina. I'm curious if she knows about his past behaviour??!!

Alliecat55

Alliecat55

Just Tuned In

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

From what is seen on the show, I think that both Jody and Ronnie are vile. Why does every bitch just claim that they aren't bullies, they are just telling it like it is? Does that give them carte blanche to belittle everyone? I like Christina the best - and I certainly didn't think that when the show first started. I think that those two may be the nastiest of all the women in the Housewives franchises! YMMV. Still, I watch every week!

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

I pretty much fast forward anything with Ronnie and Jody. I watch this show to see the Vancouver sites, like Stanley Park and that Dajong place. Ronnie never goes anywhere interesting! I didn't miss Jody at all last night.

And, yes, I would be one of those annoyed bicyclists if I saw those 3 women riding the Seawall in the WRONG DIRECTION!

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Christina is my favourite. Reiko tries to ride the line between them all but is really on team Jody/Ronnie. That is why it was so amusing that Jody and Ronnie were the ones being nasty at her runway show. Christina and Mary never said anything negative about her while watching her runway show. But Reiko's BFF's were being snarky and nasty behind her back. That will be interesting when she sees the show. Oh I hope they do a reunion for this show.

Ronnie and Jody (plus Jody's daughter) are all vile. Ronnie is always drunk and causing trouble she doesn't even remember. Jody just jumps down everyone's throat before they can make any remarks to her.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

Ronnie and Jody (plus Jody's daughter) are all vile.

Agreed. Mary may not be my favorite, but the way they have honed in on her as the "weakest link" is just gross. I'm loving Christina, she seems to be the only one who has any sense--even if it isn't always obvious. Meanwhile, Reiko likes to pretend she's the voice of reason, when in reality, she's just looking for more excuses to stay Team Jody/Ronnie without looking bad. Too late.

I did laugh when Reiko said the other models LOOKED like models and that she felt a little like she didn't belong. Yeah, girl, you didn't belong because your face looks like it's been pulled, tucked & Botoxed to hell and back...while the models still had their original faces.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

SWEET FANCY MOSES! Reiko's face and hair...that stylist and makeup artist must have hated her a great deal. Reiko is a lovely looking woman but she really needs to walk away from botox for awhile and let her face appear its natural age instead of looking like Faye Dunaway in Mommy Dearest. Her breasts irritate me but I still like her in spite of her shitty behaviour wanting to remain part of the mean girls group.

What a class act Ronnie is. I really enjoyed seeing the high class world of a branding brainstorming session and learn how one behaves in such settings. Discussing a friend who is crazy and texting and family issues with total strangers seems normal, doesn't it? What kind of fuckery is going on in Ronnie's brain? I would have slapped her if that were my mother. She was so rude to the professionals who were asking questions to come up with a brand for her shitty low alcohol content wine. Rehab? Haven't seen it in my local liquor store, but the blue labelled bottle that was on the wall behind her head called Sibling Rivalry is an excellent brand and the name is what sold me on it before I even tasted it. Ronnie is a fucking moron. There's a great deal of psychology in marketing and branding and she's already killed her brand before it's even put together by sharing her angry slurring drunk face to the world. I have no respect for someone who feels it's perfectly acceptable to make fun of rehab. She's a pig with a very rich husband. You would think that with all that money she could have actually had surgery that didn't look like a hack job. In the opening credits you can see the bad lipo on her lower stomach. Her lips look like two fat dead worms just stuck to her face.

Also, fuck Jody. She has a husband? WHAT? On one hand I can see some likable traits in her but then she screws it all up by playing into the fractured relationship between Ronnie and Mary. And btw, it's between them and no one else. Grown ass women don't have to take sides, Christina who is the youngest has no qualms with being able to conduct herself like an adult. The behaviour while sitting at the fashion show was really disgusting. Who gives a shit if Mary sits next to them? She wasn't going to steal a kidney when you weren't looking, she conducted herself with some grace and dignity, unlike Jody and Ronnie. It just screams low self esteem to have to put others down constantly and to do so on television no less. If I had the money to go shop in Jody's boutique this show has certainly convinced me that I never want to give her my money. Her daughter is horrible...next week's preview of her going after Mary in that bar...

I'm disturbed by watching these women bully another woman. In light of all the bullying suicides I really don't want to watch it happen each week for an hour. I'd rather see them spend some money, drive some gorgeous cars, various vancouver locations, just no more bullying. It's awful.

It was nice to see that Ronnie doesn't drive herself anywhere but flies. She looks like she smells like stale liquor and smoke, like an old tavern's dirty rug. Yuck.

kbdid

kbdid

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

I've seen this show for maybe an hour over 3 weeks and all I can say is "stay away from cosmetic surgeons in Vancouver - they all look pinched and pulled painfully;

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

Grown women wearing tiaras is fashion forward? And the Prada slippers? Is that how the 'work at home moms/ladies who lunch' do it in Vancouver? LOL

The stretched and pinched nature of all their faces bothers me, too.

I just caught up on the episodes. I like how the 'previously on RHOV' at the beginning of either episode 2 or 3 showed both Jody and Ronnie claiming how they dont judge spliced with scenes of them going in on Mary about her life choices. I knew my first impression about Jody was right. She's big on people giving out apologies but shows no accountability for her own actions and mistakes her "opinionated" nature as "keeping it real." She and her scraggly hair can go play in traffic and since the apple doesn't fall far she can take Mia with her.

Clearly rehab was not effective for Ronnie. Not a drop of her wine spilled when she fell between the seats at Christina's party. That's a pro, baby. Or sweet cheeks. Whatever. Rehab Wine has 'flop' written all over it. Nice house on the water, though.

It's interesting how Mary was seen as the sole agressor at the hotel gathering. I didn't share Reiko's perspective at all and am not convinced of her 'Switzerland' stance. She's along for the ride laughing and giggling at times but from the description of upcoming episodes she and Jody will have a little falling out. Maybe we'll see some of her "Scottish temper." That aside, I admire her commitment to fitness and am fascinated by her car collection. I think she would look better with darker hair. I missed what exactly she said Sunny does for a living that is impacted by how "the market" does on a given day.

"Jody and Ronnie don't have much in common except they each have three children by three different men." Bloop!

Right now I like Christina and Marika. I have no idea what the ratings are but I wouldn't mind seeing more of Marika if there's a Season 2.

Eclipse255

Eclipse255

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

I don't believe that Kimmy has a speech impdiment. I live in Miami, and the majority of Latin people who reside in Miami speak like Kimmy. She has a Latin accent. She reminds me of a mini Gloria Estefan. Not only does she look like her, but she speaks like her.

TV Vixxen

TV Vixxen

Just Tuned In

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:22 AM

Eclipse255, I think you're in the wrong thread, lol.

I'm also late to the party but so far here's my impression of the ladies:

Mary-She reminds me of a young Priscilla Presley. I don't mind her but she's too much of doormat. I feel sorry for her when she's being ganged up on by Ronnie and Jody. I wish she'd grow a pair and put those bitches in their place.

Christina-She looks like she could be Michelle Williams' older sister. I don't think she's 30, she looks more like 38-40. But I still haven't decided if I like her or not. I got a bad impression of her when she stood up Ronnie and Reiko on her birthday and didn't answer her phone when they were trying to call her. I hate when people do that.

Jody-I despise everything about her. Her fake hair, her fugly clothes, and her condescending attitude. I can't stand her daughter either. Every time I see her daughter on the screen, I just have this overwhelming urge to punch her bitch face out.

Ronnie-She looks like she could be Shannon Tweed's sister but with Taylor Armstrong (RHOBH) lips. I don't like her because she's a nasty drunk. She doesn't take responsibility for her actions. It's obvious she's jealous of Mary's past accomplishments. She's a big talker but an idiot, especially in the scene where she's trying to describe her wine to the marketers. But on a positive note, she does have a cute son and I'm very jealous of her waterfront property. It's so unfair a bitch like her gets to live in the lap of luxury like that...

Reiko-I wanted to like her but she just rubs me the wrong way. Too materialistic, too much on Jody and Ronnie's team, and after seeing her husband, a gold digger. By the looks of him, it's pretty obvious she married him for his money, lol. I also think she would look better with darker hair, it would make her stand out more because right now she looks like all the other ladies. Btw, am I the only one who thought she looked really old when she was doing the fashion show? That poofy/curly hairstyle looked hideous on her and aged her by 15 years.

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

The plastic surgery on this show is dreadful, although I don't mind Reiko's as much. I thought she looked quite good until last week's episode when all of a sudden she looked pulled and odd. If that's the standard of plastic surgery in Vancouver I'm sorry for the ladies! However I'm guessing the casting office went for a certain type. And that type is gonna be all botox 'n' filler all the time.

If Gretchen thinks we're gonna buy her 'I'm 30' routine she is dreaming. She's 40 if she's a day...

Alliecat55

Alliecat55

Just Tuned In

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I just watched tonight's episode. I am aghast at the behaviour of the Clamans. Jody and Mia are, absolutely, the worst people in the whole world! Jody is such a liar - very interesting to hear her version of the fight at the hotel. It certainly doesn't mesh with what I saw. And who made Jody the arbiter of all things proper and tasteful? Aren't she and Mary the same age (actually, isn't Mary a year younger)? Has Jody looked in the mirror lately? Mia and Jody feed off each other in such a negative, nasty way. I was actually surprised to see Ronnie being supportive of Mary in the TH sections.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

As per usual Jody remains a total and utter classless pig along with her fugly daughter. Who, by the way had no business being at a parent's friend's party let alone behaving like she was in a scene from Jersey Shore.

Though it was nice to see Ronnie and Mary make nice for a moment looks like Jody poisons her again next week. It also appears Reiko has enough of her shit and walks off, which if that is the case, totally redeems herself for prior shitty behaviour.

Still love Christina and her BFF. I get the impression she's not half as loose as she pretends to be but wow can she ride a bull!

Mary really needs to grow a back bone. It has to be difficult for her to endure that kind of behaviour from a peer and their snot faced child.

Jody and her daughter are doing themselves no favours with regard to their businesses.