William Levy: ĦAy, Papi!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

125 replies to this topic

TornadoSpinner

TornadoSpinner

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

Discuss the Cuban Brad Pitt here.

*Feel free to make suggestions about a thread title change if you'd like. This is my first time doing this and I was looking for something Caribbean/Cuban, yet this is all I could come up with.

Here's to hoping this guy's got some moves...

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

OMG it's a foreign born actor with good looks and barely known in the US, paired with Cheryl.

It's like Gilles and Cristian combined into one. Oy Vey! How original.

Freeze Ray

Freeze Ray

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

Joel McHale from The Soup is going to have a field day with him being in DWTS for sure. I want this guy to do well and I think he will.

Visan

Visan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

Fingers crossed he stays on the show a VERY long time! He looks so good, his dance skills make no difference to me! LOL!

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

To be fair, I did know who Cristian was before he was on the show but good point. For me, he's at Albert Reed levels (and I had to google Albert because I had forgotten his name which says something.) We'll see what he can do I guess.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

He's a hot guy, but hopefully with Cheryl's help, he'll have the dance skills to back it up.

My suggestion for a thread title: "William Levy: We're Into Him?" The subhead is a reference to him being the leading man in J.Lo's "I'm Into You" video.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

He may end out having some dance skills, but I seriously doubt he's the second coming of Gilles.

BrisaTropical

BrisaTropical

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

I like the thread title as is.

He may end out having some dance skills, but I seriously doubt he's the second coming of Gilles.

Thank you-Gilles was one of a kind. Just because he's foreign does not mean he can dance (see Castroneves, Helio).

Samiwell

Samiwell

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

Photos of his first (?) rehearsal w/Cheryl here: William Levy looks hot hot hot! :)

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

https://twitter.com/...

“@CherylBurke: Great rehearsal with @willylevy29 today! Got the routine to music now just need to polish it up for the premiere in 10 days. #teamfuego”

Impressive!!!

pruniemae

pruniemae

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

Levy/Burke rehearsal clip
http://www.local10.c...94/-/y0u95vz/-/

If this link works, it's a newscast clip of William Levy and Cheryl Burke rehearsing for their debut.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

His bod is hot, and he's handsome. But he needs to PICK his feet up and dance the steps. He was dragging, and his scores were too high tonight.

Cheryl should whip him into shape.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

He got a 24, because he danced 8th and they needed a big score. Simple as that. Oh, and his looks too.

He's good, but not Gilles good. Lightening doesn't strike twice.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:13 AM

I think he had great hip action and rythm. I think people are a little hard on him. He doesn't have to be Gilles.Nobody including winner Donny Osmond and Hines were Gilles. And he had a week less to practice than most of the other contestants. I think he has a lot of potential and I think CHeryl can teach him a lot.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

He didn't do a lot for me. The facial expressions remind me of Sly Stallone, or Ricky Martin, which isn't something I cared that much about the first time around. He seems generic, which is probably a good fit for Cheryl of recent seasons, but I don't get any idea that the judges or the crowd were interested in anything beyond catcalling the latest stud.

Edited by O2Sean, Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:35 AM.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:27 AM

Overrated. No two ways about it. Cheryl was working him like a pole. All I recall about that dance was the horrible song, lots of shaking green sequins, Cheryl's mess of hair, his arms and lots of filler. It was not worthy of 8s. Not at all. He does need to pick up his feet, hoosier is totally right.

Lola192000

Lola192000

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 5:17 AM

He's a hot guy & he did okay, but a bit overscored for me. Cheryl made him look better than he was. Also, that may be the worst performed song I've ever heard on this show, and that's saying something. An offence to the ears & it distracted me a bit from the performance.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

WAY overscored. I knew going in that Carrie Ann would score him with her crotch and she did not disappoint.

Cheryl was working him like a pole.

Exactly. She (and Karina) are masters at dancing around their partners to hide their flaws, and Cheryl did way too much of that last night. She did work him like he was a human stripper pole.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

WAY overscored. I knew going in that Carrie Ann would score him with her crotch and she did not disappoint.

I'm not commenting on his scores, but considering Len and Bruno both gave him the same score what is the point of singling out Carrie Ann?

The Deej

The Deej

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

Nomination for thread subtitle: Meaningful looks across the dance floor

Nice nod to The Soup appearances

CarolinaMir

CarolinaMir

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

Well, if they were looking to reel in the latino population (or, let's face it, the latino female population) they've reeled me back in with Mr. Levy. I've seen him in a few interviews in Spanish and he's great looking but also has a pretty good sense of humor. Although I'm not sure if that sense of humor will come accross in English, hopefully it will. He may have been overscored by a couple of points last night but considering they started training a week behind everyone else, I think he did pretty well.

To be fair, this is Cheryl's thirteenth season. She's had jocks (an olympian, a football player, and a wrestler) a boybander, a few actors, a politician, and a singer. Within those, she's had two "older men" sprinkled in for good measure. I'm not sure that there would be a combination that would not recall someone she's already had.

Anyways, I was very pleasantly surprised with the rest of the cast. I love that there are no reality famehos, or acquaintances of people who are well-known. This is a group that is well-known for their own work, which is saying something considering the types they've had on in the past. Gladys Knight's heyday was well before I was born, but she is a true star and musical legend.

I came for the Levy, but staying for Ms. Knight, and Mr. White. And probably a few others...

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Fingers crossed he stays on the show a VERY long time! He looks so good, his dance skills make no difference to me! LOL!

Given the show's largest demographic and the Swoon Factor, I think he's a shoo-in for the finals as long as he doesn't fall off the stage. I think he, Derek, and Tristan (whomever their partners are, it makes no nevermind) will be F3.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

William has reasons to smile....and that's all I'm gonna say about it.
http://www.hispanica...-case-dr/14721/

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

Given the show's largest demographic and the Swoon Factor, I think he's a shoo-in for the finals as long as he doesn't fall off the stage. I think he, Derek and Tristan (whomever their partners are, it makes no nevermind) will be F3.

I don't. William & Cheryl were pretty good, he's hot and he has potential, but I don't see him in the Finals. Their cha-cha was cute, but it wasn't the best one of the night. IMO, that honor belonged to Gladys & Tristan. At least Gladys didn't treat her partner like a human stripper pole, despite his hotness. ITA that Gladys & Tristan could make F3, I think they're going to be Jaleel & Kym, Katherine & Mark and possibly either Roshon & Chelsie or G&T, not William & Cheryl.

BrisaTropical

BrisaTropical

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

Given the show's largest demographic and the Swoon Factor, I think he's a shoo-in for the finals

I think he's a shoo-in for being voted off first. He may have fans all over the world, and though he is known in the US to the latin community, he's not known to the show's demo; I doubt they're picking up the phones and creating accounts to vote for him. Plus, the other celebrities have a built-in US fan base (with maybe the exception of Katherine, but she danced really well).

I liked him well enough and I thought his cha-cha was great, considering the hip action, which is sorely lacking in 90% of the cha-chas done on this show, in my opinion. I could do without the screaming fangirlies, though. Can't they just be banned from the show?

BrainyBlonde

BrainyBlonde

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

William Levy Heats Up Ballroom - GMA

His quickstep looks pretty good!

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

No heat, no chemistry tonight. It's obvious that Cheryl is struggling with William.

It shows.

avecsans

avecsans

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I feel so sorry for this guy. He is treated like a piece of meat by Carrie Ann, Bruno, Brooke and Cheryl. I have to mute the sound when they all start in asking him when he will take his clothes off or call him a hot package or something equally demeaning. Just stop, please!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

I feel so sorry for this guy. He is treated like a piece of meat by Carrie Ann, Bruno, Brooke and Cheryl. I have to mute the sound when they all start in asking him when he will take his clothes off or call him a hot package or something equally demeaning. Just stop, please!

If he were a woman, I might agree with you that it's demeaning. However, most men (NOT all, but most, including yours truly) would find such comments to be anything but demeaning -- we actually take it as a compliment that some people find us bedworthy! ;-)

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

I think a lot of men would probably become uncomfortable with this as well.

If he has the talent, then he will become more than just a piece of tail. Gilles did.

Unfortunately I have seen little talent or charisma from him on here so far.