Maria Menounos: Greek Goddess of the Dance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

83 replies to this topic

BrisaTropical

BrisaTropical

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

I really like Maria, but I need for her and Derek to stop macking in the middle of their routines if they want me to root for them. Just a thought

RooKanga

RooKanga

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

Maria in the bubble wrap suit was a big hit in the RooKanga household - we have a long running joke that involves wrapping various contestants (usually the Star) in bubble wrap - so when she walked through the door, wrapped head to toe - there was a loud cheer in the living room. Don't know if it was the producer's idea or hers and Derek's - but well played!

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

DwtS S14 Week 6 Post-Performance Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
On The Red Carpet

If they survive elimination, Maria will be dancing the Paso Doble next week.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 4:04 AM

DwtS S14 Week 7 Post-Performance Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
On The Red Carpet

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:25 AM

DwtS S14 Week 8 Post-Performance Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
On The Red Carpet

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 4:36 AM

DwtS S14 Week 8 Post-Results Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
On The Red Carpet

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

Maria better than Roshon? No way! To me, she's stiff boring and annoying. She's not Semi-Finals material by a long shot. The only reason she's gotten this far is because of Derek's fanbase. Their routines have mostly been gimmick-fests, from the Rock Week Tango to their shirtless, face-sucking Salsa. As for their vampire-based Paso Doble, Evan Lysachek & Anna Trebunskaya did it much better several seasons ago. The Bollywood-inspired "Samba" was self-indulgent garbage that would have been much more appropriate for the Finals-which, hopefully, they'll never make.

Edited by DollEyes, May 9, 2012 @ 10:06 AM.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

I really never thought she'd be a factor. Sigh.

Edited by rulesoftravel, May 9, 2012 @ 12:03 PM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

I thought the Bollywood Samba was hugely entertaining, lots of fun - and Len was right, it wasn't nearly enough of a Samba. I agree that Derek's fan base helped - Roshon and Chelsie's must be nearly nonexistent for him to go from second in the Judges' Standings to out the door.

Still, I am enjoying her, and while I think she's unlikely to win it all, I look forward to seeing what she does next week.

posting

posting

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:18 PM

I haven't watched DWTS in years but I am especially tuning in this time because Maria & Derek have great chemistry and I've like their dances. I haven't voted in ages but I'm voting this time around for Maria & Derek. For a non dancer she's come a long way, AND with all injuries she has, none the less. Of course some of Derek's fans are voting because of him too, just like Maks' fans, Mark's fans etc vote because of them. But the some of the celeb's have their own fans too of course; some more than others. For instance, Maria has thousands of Twitter fans (in fact more than Derek) including George Lopez, Nicole Scherzinger, John Stamos, WWE, who have said they're voting for her.

Edited by posting, May 11, 2012 @ 4:23 PM.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:57 PM

Dance Center nailed her laugh. I hadnít noticed until then ó now I canít stop noticing.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

Ouch! Maria & Derek on Saturday.
She has bandages on both feet, and hand-print bruises on both legs. But she's still smiling!

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 9:22 AM

Damn and she has both the Jive and the Argentine Tango tonight.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

For instance, Maria has thousands of Twitter fans (in fact more than Derek) including George Lopez, Nicole Scherzinger, John Stamos, WWE, who have said they're voting for her.

Doesn't she work for one of the ET-type shows? That might get her more celebrity support.

She seems nice enough but she's like the parody of a Derek partner - ill at ease, perpetually injured, wilting in his shadow, treated as an afterthought in his dances. I think the topper was when she claimed she was his only partner who hadn't had dance training.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

DwtS S14 Week 9 Post-Performance Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

WaltzinSpringTm

WaltzinSpringTm

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

That's so funny o2sean - she is a parody of a Derek partner. Their AT was like some SNL satire of Derek and a partner.

I look at that jive and think of J.R. Martinez's original jive and I just want to spit. They've fucked with the judging in order to storyboard way way too much. When it takes the viewers out of the show, it's a problem.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

Normally i'm a fan of Derek and I'm a fan of Maria's this season but the obvious overscoring and overpraise took me right out of it last night.

That Jive deserved a 24, or maybe a 25, but it's an insult to people who have done a Jive way better in the past and gotten lower scores. Katherine's Jive on Week 2 was far superior.

It's very clear that the judges will be up the ass of anyone partnered with Derek or Cheryl. No wonder Katherine or Donald haven't gotten 10's from Len.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

Maria behaved in a manic fashion last night that was entirely reminiscent to me of friends I have had in the past who were stoned. Some were flying on prescription meds, others on illegal substances. Her wild mood swings were a huge red flag to me that she was on something(s).

I've seen her tears before and I've seen her jump around. I've never seen such wild fluctuations in such short periods of time. At a minimum, she was not herself.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

I think all the pain meds she's on might contribute to that. I must say I worried she would break something (on her body) the way she was jumping around.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

DwtS S14 Week 9 Post-Performance Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough

So they were still finalizing the choreography of both dances Monday morning, and changed the ending to the Jive 5 minutes before they danced it?

It showed. Definitely could tell they weren't properly prepared.

Edited by ImSoDizzy, May 15, 2012 @ 7:25 PM.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

I think the show has given her a new audience and she won a lot of people over. I still thought she was overscored, but definitely giving her all.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

DwtS S14 Week 9 Post-Results Interview: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

crb

crb

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

Haven't posted in a few cycles but I enjoyed Maria's run on the show more than anyone since Mya, I know full well that M.M.,s dancing wasn't nearly as good as Mya's (despite the scoring) but I'll miss her next week nonetheless.

Edited by crb, May 16, 2012 @ 12:01 PM.

Gladys4351

Gladys4351

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

I think if Maria didn't have so many injuries this season, she may have made the finals. I do agree with the overscoring for her, but I would have liked to have seen her make the finals.