Donald Driver: Lambeau Grand Jete

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

140 replies to this topic

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:42 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Results Interview: Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd

Next week Donald and Petra will be dancing the Paso Doble.

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:45 AM

To me, he's one of the standouts. I think he's charming, has charisma, seems to work hard, and dances pretty darn well. Not sure why the judges continue to mark him on a different curve than the others.

I agree 100 percent with this. I don't watch football, didn't know who he was before the show, but have been giving him several of my votes each week. And now, with Jack gone and Jaleel apparently behaving like a jerk, Donald will get even more of my votes.
He just charmed me from the first show. He doesn't seem to have the entitled arrogance that you might expect. I hope he at least makes it to the final 3.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

He just charmed me from the first show. He doesn't seem to have the entitled arrogance that you might expect. I hope he at least makes it to the final 3.

The final 3 would be great! I really enjoy watching him dance.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

Wow! Donald was smokin' tonight with Peta. I threw them many votes.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

I agree. The tattoos are a bit of a turnoff (just as an aside, where's the moral outrage over Peta's having Donald take HIS shirt off?), but the dance was very well done, and, in my opinion, was the best dance of the night.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:37 AM

DwtS S14 Week 4 Post-Performance Interviews: Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:24 AM

Donald did a great job. I am enjoying him on this show. I hope the Packers fans contiue to vote!

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

I like him, but he needs to get a better poker face and stop announcing to Brooke that he expected higher scores.

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

I'm less morally outraged by William taking his shirt off than by Cheryl taking it off for him or getting upset when he put it back on after the dance. He's clearly uncomfortable.

Donald at least decided he was willing to go for it, and I get the sense Peta wouldn't have pushed it on him if he'd drawn a line.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Purple fingernail polish?

likeacarcrash

likeacarcrash

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

I like him, but he needs to get a better poker face and stop announcing to Brooke that he expected higher scores.

He gave a giant smile, fist-pump, and big hug to Peta at his 9s. While I agree that it's obnoxious when a celebrity claims they're underscored, I don't mind the way he's addressed it. So often when Brooke will ask a contestant about scores, they'll deflect and just talk about how they had fun and are just so happy to be there, etc. He basically says, "Aw, dammit. I want more!" I appreciate that. He's being honest by acknowledging that the scores matter to him and he wants to be marked better, but he's not acting like a tool about it.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

Rock night. Purple fingernail polish is part of the program.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:36 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 4 Post-Results Interview: Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd

Donald and Peta are dancing the Argentine Tango next week.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

Purple fingernail polish?

And eyeliner !

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

If Len ever needed to apologize for underscoring Donald, he should send him roses and chocolates after tonight, ye gods...an 8??

And can I just say, Peta has one of the most amazing bodies of any female pro to date on the show. Wow, if I had her body I'd wear a dress like that every day of the week, man alive she looked smokin' hot. And I also love her choreography, she is out doing everyone else on the show right now, including the "wonder twins", Mark and Derek.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

Personally I thought that the dancer was about 80% about lifts. She should've made the dance content stronger, in my opinion.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:14 AM

DwtS S14 Week 5 Post-Performance Interview: Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd : On The Red Carpet

If they survive tonight's elimination, Donald will be dancing the Foxtrot.

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

I like nearly all the ďstarsĒ this season, and everyone, with a couple of exceptions, dances well. That said, thereís just something about Donald Driver that melts my heart. Iím not sure what it is. Itís not football for sure because Iím not a fan and I never heard of him before this show. I think itís because heís a true fan of the show. He seems to want to be on the show just because he likes the show and I like his competitive drive. Also his adorable son in the audience makes me go all gooey inside. This kid just beams ďgood, sweet, well-mannered.Ē Itís a joy to see him. Also Donaldís chest is a thing of beauty, but itís more is internal beauty that Iím feeling.

cbetsky

cbetsky

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:40 PM

His kids are adorable - here's a link to a local news story about how they're enjoying his time on the show:

Christian and Christina
(They think Len is too mean.)

Donald has long been a favorite of Packer fans - he's on a lot of local McDonalds commercials and they usually feature him poking fun of himself somehow. There was one from a few years back that somehow involved him trying on his wife's dangly diamond earrings.

Edited to fix wonky link.

Edited by cbetsky, Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:42 PM.

Samiwell

Samiwell

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Completely unexpected, Donald has become my favorite, too. Peta is doing a terrific job with her choreography - more difficult than many others - and she has a partner who is willing and able to do whatever she asks of him. This couple is the surprise of the season imho.

CassandraRedux

CassandraRedux

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

The fact that he really was a fan of the show before he was on it adds to his appeal. He genuinely wants to be there and expresses it in a non-annoying way, which is definitely a plus. He also seems to have a great sense of humor.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

I can't be the only one turned off when he gets so aggravated about his scores.

Someone needs to cook him some humble pie pronto.

cbetsky

cbetsky

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Someone needs to cook him some humble pie pronto.

Frankly, I was pretty irritated with that "8" from Len myself :)

I'll admit I'm biased, but I think it must be tough for some of these athletes to wait for scores - gymnasts & ice skaters would be used to it, but for the rest of them, what matters is baskets scored, passes caught, races won, goals scored or blocked, etc. They might think they're doing a great job, but it doesn't matter how pretty your form looks if you drop the ball or crash the vehicle. Now they're in a forum where it's all about what the judges say . . . and if Len thought Maria & Derek deserved a 9 for that craptastic display, then Donald & Peta deserved one as well.

Samiwell

Samiwell

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

I've been re-watching Donald's dances, practices and interviews to see if I could detect why I'm NOT minding this about him. Ordinarily, I expect it might bother me a little. I guess I feel like all the others are actors or performers of one kind or another and have learned to mask their feelings. But Donald is like a little kid, totally natural and in-the-moment, and I find that refreshing on a show that is so over-produced and managed.

And dangit, that "8" from Len for the A. Tango was aggravating!

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

I wouldnt exactly call it aggravated.

. and if Len thought Maria & Derek deserved a 9 for that craptastic display, then Donald & Peta deserved one as well.

Very well said.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

The cameras are right there as the scores are announced and a reaction is expected. Brooke has even probed for reactions when enough 'emotion' hasn't been spilled. I think his reaction was honest. They both worked really hard on the dance, were expecting better scores, and were surprised and disappointed when they didn't receive them.

The confessional immediately afterwards when Donald starts with "I'm not mad, you mad?" cracks me up. Peta tries to keep it all buttoned-up, but Donald - sporting a hugh grin - quickly surmises: "She mad." Replayed it several times, and I just love both of their facial expressions. They make me laugh.

simba12

simba12

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

The thing is, an "8" is not a bad score, and probably the proper one for Donald given that his footwork wasn't the greatest. But, as others have said, when you give Maria's rather uninspired salsa a "9" it throws everything out of whack.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

They both worked really hard on the dance, were expecting better scores, and were surprised and disappointed when they didn't receive them.

While this is true, I still think there's a more tactful way to respond to that.

Katherine probably didn't want three 8's for her Paso, considering how hard she tried and practiced, but I don't remember seeing her get mad about it.

It just kinda rubs me the wrong way when people get so angry, or upset over a score they didn't get or wanted. If Donald wants 9's and 10's from Len, he has to nail his footwork and technique. There's more to the A. Tango than lifts and I think that's what Len recognized about it, and what I did as well. The lifts were great, but the actual dancing wasn't as superb.

Edited by PBGamer89, Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:52 PM.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

The thing is, an "8" is not a bad score, and probably the proper one for Donald given that his footwork wasn't the greatest. But, as others have said, when you give Maria's rather uninspired salsa a "9" it throws everything out of whack.

Very true. And, Donald dances no different than William (who I like) and probably thinks their scores should be the same.

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Peta was pumping Donald all week over their AT, telling him that this was his best dance yet, etc, and she is the one who choreographed it. Donald had no control over how many lifts they had or how many steps he made, and considering he nailed the lifts I am sure he believed he did enough to get, at least, all nines, if not a couple of tens considering how crazy the judges have gone this year over flash and grandeur and amazing bodies, and the like. The judges have been at their worse, in my opinion, this year with the scoring and it has to hurt for someone like Donald to do so well but seem to not receive the same score as someone who did less or not as well.

There could have been more footwork in the dance, but for what Donald accomplished, there was no 8 about that dance unless you downgrade William and Maria's dances to 7s, because he did outperform them both. William's footwork was messy, he did hurt his ankle but outside of that his feet were just not that good and his posture either. He did well, but his dance was no 29, not even close, it was hardly a 24, and that would be generous. And Maria's effort was even worse, she hardly moved her feet at times, it was like Ricki all over again but even worse.

Donald, to me, is a great guy but clearly competitive and always trying his best. His outburst to me was simple frustration, and it was deserved in my opinion. He's been underscored more than overscored, like say Maria or William or even Roshon or Miss. G and I doubt he is merely turning a blind eye, he just has enough class not to bitch about it.