Donald Driver: Lambeau Grand Jete

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

140 replies to this topic

JohnR

JohnR

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Going with a dancing term for the topic title here.

Edited by JohnR, Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:31 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

OMG, a football player! We never have any football players on this show!

(read with sarcasm)

shadylane

shadylane

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

Heres a great article on donald driver if anyones curious about him.
http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6069357
Hes really a great player and role model.

Edited by shadylane, Feb 28, 2012 @ 5:12 PM.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

Hes really a great player and role model.

I agree. So excited he is on the show! Not of fan of his partner though.

Edited by TryingHarder, Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:27 PM.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

Go, Quickie, go!

number4

number4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 5:04 PM

I guess stunt casting does work. I will be watching Dancing with the Stars as long as Donald is in the competition. love the DD.

Curio

Curio

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

I guess stunt casting does work. I will be watching Dancing with the Stars as long as Donald is in the competition.

Well it worked on this Cheesehead, too. Darn you, Dancing with the Stars! I thought I gave this show up for good.

I really hope they spend some time on the show talking about all the awesome stuff Driver does outside of football. He's definitely one of my favorite athletes ever.

CircusPeanuts

CircusPeanuts

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

Donald Driver has a massive voting block -- All of Wisconsin and every Packer fan everywhere is going to be supporting him. He's a great athlete and a wonderful guy. Hopefully he has some rythym and will make it all the way to the finale!

By the way, all the local (Wisconsin) media were buzzing about this announcement this morning. I heard over and over, "I'll start watching this show because of Donald Driver." I think it's hard to find more dedicated fans than Packer Fans. I can't wait for the season to start!

cbetsky

cbetsky

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 12:15 PM

I'd pretty much decided not to bother with the show this season, as well. But for DD? I defy anyone to NOT smile back when that man smiles. It lights up a whole arena.

Last night's news featured a woman who had won a dance with him in a charity auction for JDRF - according to her, he definitely has rhythm and some great moves. And even though she and her family are Bears fans, they are now Donald Driver fans.

Edited by cbetsky, Feb 29, 2012 @ 12:17 PM.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

Maria Interviews Donald for her AfterBuzz Channel

Double D's Smile versus the Laugh. "The Challenge is On."

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:12 AM

Donald did a great job !!! I still wish he had a better partner.

Lola192000

Lola192000

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 5:15 AM

Loved Donald! Great first performance! The jury is still out on Peta...I don't know why, but I get the feeling her choreo will be exposed soon...plus I see too much mugging. Hope I'm wrong re: choreo though! His children are adorable. He should go far on fanbase alone.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

"Daddy....there's a tall, blond, white lady at the door!" His children are so freaking adorable. All dressed up and watching Daddy dance? Turned to mush.

This is a loaded season! Yeah, I wish they had given him a partner with a pre-loaded fanbase, like Cheryl or Karina. Peta could be a handicap. However, unlike the hot Cuban Brad Pitt, who I have never heard of until last night, and who they shipped screaming fangirls into the audience so we'd all get the message (we get it. He's good looking), Donald doesn't really NEED a partner who can dance around him to hide his flaws, something that both Cheryl and Karina do A LOT.

And yeah, you simply cannot watch Donald Driver and not smile back when he grins. It's literally impossible. But, oh, those chicken legs! LOL.

cbetsky

cbetsky

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

How refreshing is it to have a macho athlete on this show who doesn't seem to be all caught up in whether his teammates will think he's too girly? "I've been watching this show since Evander Holyfield was on in the first season." And also doesn't appear to have any hangups about his wife thinking that he's getting too "sexy" with his partner. The man is just pure class and fun.

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

I don't watch football, so I'd never heard of Donald Driver until the cast announcement. But about 30 seconds into his segment, I just thought he was the coolest. He was funny and charming, and he seems to have some pretty good dance moves. I have a feeling he might turn into this season's JR Martinez for me -- a guy I didn't know anything about but who became my absolute favorite early in the season.

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

Donald has a lot of potential. I really enjoyed his dance last night. I'm not sure I get where this dislike of Peta comes from but she looks as if she's enjoying having Donald as her partner. She did out dance him but as long as it's not a frequent occurrence I'll give a pass for the first night. His smile is infectious. I can't wait to see how he does in the coming weeks.

EJpants

EJpants

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

As a lifelong Cheesehead and DWTS fan, I've never voted based on who I liked at the beginning, more on who I ended up liking for skill or personality in the end. But I gotta say, I'M VOTING FOR #80 ALL THE WAY!!!! Us Wisconsinites are a diligent and stubborn breed, we fish through ice. And there's nothing we love more than our Packers. Just sayin :)......

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

I'll bet Peta is enjoying the fact that she has an athlete that can actually move. She was saddled with that hot ass mess Ron Artest...sorry, Metta World Peace...last year. She was barely a blip on the radar. I guess I also don't get some of the negative comments for her based on that alone. She hasn't really been around long enough to build a solid hate for. She seems okay so far (YMMV, of course).

I was a little disappointed that Driver wasn't assigned a partner with a built in fanbase, like Kym, Cheryl, and Karina. Seems like a disadvantage that he's going to have to work harder than most to overcome. But, Driver seems to be happy with Peta, and that's what really matters.

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:27 PM.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

He did a great job tonight !!!!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

He's one of the contestants this season I just don't really have too much of an opinion about. I don't hate him, but i'm not a fan either. He's just "there" for me.

Coming off a little desperate tonight with the "I'm not happy with 8's, I want more".

I think I'm just tired of football players on DWTS. Why not baseball or hockey players TPTB?

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Agree that Donald has the talent, but needs to up his game to stay in this competition. He'll easily fade away if he doesn't get cracking soon. Peta doesn't yet have the fan base to have folks remain interested in them.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:03 AM

If Len would properly score him it would help.

shadylane

shadylane

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

To me, he's one of the standouts. I think he's charming, has charisma, seems to work hard, and dances pretty darn well. Not sure why the judges continue to mark him on a different curve than the others.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

Donald & Peta On The Red Carpet interview.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 3:16 AM

To me, he's one of the standouts

He's very good even tho he has a pole dancer for a partner.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

I think he's been overrated although he's improved and I've only scored him on point below what the judges have been giving him, 6s instead of 7s the first night and 7s instead of 8s the second.

westandrew

westandrew

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Dance order for tomorrow, Peta and Donald are dancing last.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

Yeah, and he told his fans to vote after his performance. So much for being a huge fan of the show!

westandrew

westandrew

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

I think Donald and Peta are a significant threat for the title. Whenever the show puts a team last this early in the competition he is a ratings magnet for some reason. Since he's not a polarizing figure, then to me, it's because the NFL is tuning in. If the Cheeseheads are voting, and I don't doubt it,then he's going to go far. Len's apology last week to me seemed to be a signal to his fans that it's okay to vote since he's going to be fair with him. Also, he's improving as he goes so that's a good sign for him.

Edited by westandrew, Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:34 PM.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 2:19 AM

If the Cheeseheads are voting, and I don't doubt it,then he's going to go far

Oh yes, we are voting. A lot !

Yeah, and he told his fans to vote after his performance. So much for being a huge fan of the show!

He could be a huge fan that has never voted.

I'm crossing my fingers for a great dance. And, then he can leap into the crowd.