Sherri Shepherd: Viennese View

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

90 replies to this topic

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

The Ricki Lake of this season, perhaps?

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

Sherri will be funny to watch. The dancing will give her a challenge, but she'll entertain.

Val is a sexy partner too. Watch Sal get jealous!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

She's definitely the dancer who will have the biggest body transformation.

The demo of the show knows her and probably sees her every day. Plus she'll be entertaining and very funny. It's exciting to see someone dance who just loves the show so much. That type of energy and devotion is infectious. Sh did a demo with Maks on The View for his workout DVD and she has some rhythm.

I'm sure she'll be way more Niecy Nash than Wendy Williams. Wendy, on paper, should've been funny and entertaining, but was the exact opposite.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Sherri's not that big. She's just really busty. The thought of her with Val makes me giggle. While she can be irritating and ignorant on The View, I think she'll be good. At least enjoyable.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Welllll, Sherri is 5' 1", 170 lbs (she revealed today). Yes, she's busty but also heavy for her height.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

I'm sure she'll be way more Niecy Nash than Wendy Williams. Wendy, on paper, should've been funny and entertaining, but was the exact opposite.

I'm picturing her like the Melissa Hairspray girl. Pleasant but needed to tone down the enthusiasm slightly.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

She's 170lb? That does surprise me. Her legs are quite slim, she really is an inverted triangle.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I'm picturing her like the Melissa Hairspray girl.

You mean Marissa Jaret Winokur? Yeah, good comparison. You want to say "Okay, we get it, you're excited. Now dial it back a few notches." Marissa was super-annoying. I noticed at the GMA segment this morning Sherri just could not settle down.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

Sherri will travel back and forth. Good thing she's been practicing with Val since December. Can't wait to see what they can bring.

I say since December because she was spotted practicing with Val when Nancy was there to do her show for Christmas.

Edited by peaches222, Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:33 PM.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

I say since December because she was spotted practicing with Val when Nancy was there to do her show for Christmas.

Can you provide a link, please?

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Here
http://www.puredwts....d-sam-champion/

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

Thanks, peaches222! I wonder if Sheri was there to talk to Nancy and Carson about what they thought of their time on DWTS. To me, that makes a little more sense then her taking a full lesson with Val while he was filming a for Nancy Grace. I doubt that she's been consistently taking lessons since December, but maybe if she's really good week one I'll change my mind.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

Here's another article on Sherri and Val meeting in Dec. If she's has been training since Dec it seems like there should already be very noticeable weight loss. I have never seen Sherri before. I wonder if her fans have noticed recent weight loss?

This isn't new. Just last season, SCD had Jason Donovan and there were several reports he had dance lessons just prior to to the season. The puredwts article mentions Donny Osmond took lessons before his season.I really don't care. A few months of lessons isn't enough to turn anyone into a pro. If a few lessons gave Sherri the confidence to sign with dwts then that's great.

Now, if Sherri comes out week after week earning tens then this story may matter. But, based on her current fitness level I don't believe she's been training that intensely for three months.

http://www.puredwts....fair-advantage/

Edited by aceplace57, Mar 3, 2012 @ 2:34 PM.

mamiesan

mamiesan

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Sherri definitely has a funky little body. As someone mentioned upthread, kinda like an inverted triangle: broad shoulders, huge boobs, big midsection and then slim hips and legs. If I were her, I would have had a breast reduction years ago but that is just me. If she had the benefit of a talented stylist on The View who knew how to dress her shape, she could look so much better. But as a pretty regular viewer of The View (don't judge me), no it does not appear that she has lost any weight yet.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

I have always found her to be unsettling to watch on The View, because she's supposed to be everywoman, and funny, and yet she has, more than once, said very offensive and stupid comments, which she gets a pass on due to the role she plays on the show.

I guess on here she will be the "comedy" contestant or inspirational weight loss story, but it will be tough to get past her behavior on The View.

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

It's been known since Dec/Jan that Sherri was spotted leaving Dance With Me Soho..."sweaty & in dance/workout attire". No shock. No shock when they try to say it didn't happen, but as usual, photos didn't lie.

olderdcr

olderdcr

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

Isn't that an unfair advantage?? Just asking.

Sherri is the same hight and weight as I am! I guess I deserve more pity, since I am not on DWTS!

Edited by olderdcr, Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:51 PM.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

It's been known since Dec/Jan that Sherri was spotted leaving Dance With Me Soho..."sweaty & in dance/workout attire". No shock. No shock when they try to say it didn't happen, but as usual, photos didn't lie.

My understanding is that one person said they saw one photo. It would be hard from one photo to prove that an entire lesson took place let along that lessons were taking place for months, yet puredwts.com seemed to run with that assumption. Photos might not lie but they might not tell the whole story either.

Sherri denied the story this morning on The View. In an even more telling move, Radar has removed their story.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Sherri knows all the pros from DWTS from being a super fan and them going to the View after an elimination.

Their studios in SoHo are close to where Sherri lives and as far as I know she's attending social functions there.

If she were a singer or performer it'd be unfair, but this is a woman in her 40's who isn't exactly the slimmest one out there, so I highly doubt a lesson or two will make her look like Nicole Scherzinger. They are just trying to find drama and controversy anywhere.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I'm already predisposed to disliking Sherri because she's annoying and partnered with Val the douche (although maybe he'll be less of one this season), but I think that this is making a mountain out of a molehill.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

I don’t think Sherri is any better than the guy Germaine who was tossed out of competition on American Idol this week. It’s obvious Sherri has been BUSTED. She tried to doubletalk her way out of it this past Monday on The View, and her face said it all . . .guilty as hell. I think she should be disqualified and tossed out of DWTS.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:05 PM.

nish

nish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

“We have never, I say never, we’ve never danced together,” Sherri said on The View (via the New York Daily News). “I’ve never danced with Maks, I’ve never danced with Val."

However, she did clarify that she loves dancing and had taken classes at one of the brothers’ dance studios. “This started long before I started negotiations with Dancing With the Stars.” Sherri said she took dance lessons before her wedding to Lamar Sally last August.

Sherri was taking dance lessons at the Chemerkovskiy's studio in December of 2011. Which was 4 months AFTER her marriage to Sal. Whether she danced with her future pro partner, his brother or one of DWTS stars "troupe" dancing professionals associated with the Chmerkovskiys, is immaterial. ANY previous connection with the Chmerkovskiys should be grounds for automatic dismissal.

The very fact she was taking dancing lessons(in anticipation of maybe becoming a DWTS celebrity contestant come March, I suspect,) should in itself be sufficient to disqualify her. She may have taken innocent dance lessons with Sal BEFORE getting married, but she also took dance lessons without Sal AFTER getting married. Sherri can dance around(no pun intended) the technicalities of propriety of her actions all she wants, but something sure does smell fishy about her story. Nothing innocent about taking dance lessons in December 2011, 3 months BEFORE she was announced as a contestant on DWTS.

Also, she did look guilty as hell in her futile attempt to vindicate herself from allegations of cheating. Sherri's face said it all. I suspect Sherri headed to the Chmerkovskiy studios the second she found out there may be a possibility she would be asked to be on DWTS.

Personally, I couldn't care less who wins DWTS..... if Sherri wins it, fine by me. Let's just not pretend it was a fair win, that's all. Of ALL the dance studios in and around Manhattan, Sherri chooses the one associated with the DWTS pro Maxim Chmerkovskiy and expects not to have the net of suspicion cast upon her intentions. Stupidity personified.

reflection5

reflection5

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

Not only is Sherri stupid, she thinks everyone else is. If she was innocently taking lessons, at Max/Val’s studio or any studio, where was her husband Sal? It’s just too coincidental that there was a picture or Sherri and Val on the studio website. Mountain out of a molehill? I really don't see it that way.

I do watch DWTS, and as I watch the show I vote and I do care who wins. I doubt Sherri is good enough to win, but I don’t even want to see her lying, cheating ass on the show.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Whether she danced with her future pro partner, his brother or one of DWTS stars "troupe" dancing professionals associated with the Chmerkovskiys, is immaterial. ANY previous connection with the Chmerkovskiys should be grounds for automatic dismissal.

Using that reasoning, Chuck Wicks should have been disqualified years ago. Clearly there is not a rule that you can't know your pro. Also, Sherri was in the audience of public events for Maks and Val's studios. The producers then very well could have been aware of Sherri's connection to the Chmerkovskiys and given her another partner if they felt it was a problem.

It also appears that there is no rule about prior experience because we've had a ton of ringers wtih formal dance training and actors/actress who learned ballroom for acting roles. As with the ringers, people can cry it's unfair, but the producers set the rules and make the decisions as to who can be in the competittion.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

I hate that I'm taking up for Sherry because she bugs on so many levels, but here it goes. Anyone that follows Sherry on Twitter has seen for months that she has attended DWM studio functions (open to the public, btw) and has posted it on her Twitter for everyone to see. There was never any covert operation of deceit going on, IMO that she was doing something trying to get over. I took her explanation as that she was considering doing the show before she signed any contracts (they've asked her every year) to see if it was something she was up to the task for. I see nothing wrong with dancing a couple of times with either Maks or Val, to see if she could do it. I reckon there's a lot of other celebrities that have been on this show whom have done similar things (Jennifer G. was rumored), but didn't broadcast it on their Twitters honestly like Sherry has been doing for months.

It's not like she's some dancer (Nicole, Mya) who had a foundation for dance that was taking ballroom lessons. THAT would be a problem. Even for me; someone who doesn't have a problem with, and loves the ringers. Except for Nicole that is.... Sherry is an out of shape, middle-aged woman, with obviously no dance background. I don't think her rendezvous at the DWM studios will help her in anyway. She has other factors working against her that a few sessions was never going to help. From what I've see she's got a lot of work to do.

Using that reasoning, Chuck Wicks should have been disqualified years ago. Clearly there is not a rule that you can't know your pro. Also, Sherri was in the audience of public events for Maks and Val's studios. The producers then very well could have been aware of Sherri's connection to the Chmerkovskiys and given her another partner if they felt it was a problem.

To add to the previously knowing a dancer argument (not dancing with). It would be naive to think that Sherry doesn't know any of the dancers since they've been coming on the View for how long now??? Three of them are based in her area where she lives. There is no rule that a contestant can't know the dancers prior to starting the show. That becomes a slippery slope. Would Maria then be unqualified as well then, since she has been interviewing them for 2 of her shows for seasons now? I just this is all much ado about nothing. There are so many other reasons to be annoyed by Sherry, but I don't think this is one of them.

Edited by Thirteenthjuror, Mar 16, 2012 @ 3:39 PM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

I took her explanation as that she was considering doing the show before she signed any contracts (they've asked her every year) to see if it was something she was up to the task for.

I didn't realize Sherri had ever been asked to do the show before this season. I watch her on The View and she has been annoying these past few years when they talk about watching the show--and every time one of the couples comes to visit...begging to be on the show, willing to do anything to get there, showing how well she can dance, and more. I think her hiring of Maks' studio to teach her wedding party "the dance" was part of her big plan. If she had been asked, why put on the desperate act?

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Sherri has been approached by the show before. She had to decline because of her job(s)-The View, 30Rock, and then the Newlywed game. Yes, Sherri has gone to "events" both public & private (invitation only), as have I, at Dance with Me SOHO. HOWEVER, she is nervous looking in her address to the fans on the view because not only have fans been talking about it, you can bet the other contestants and pros have brought it up to TPTB!!!! Everyone wants to start on an even playing field. Those on this season don't care about 2 seasons or 4 seasons ago. BTW....MORE THAN ONE FAN HAD COMMENTED ON THE POSTED TWITTER PICTURE OF SHERRI LEAVING THE DANCE STUDIO WITH NO MAKE UP, WIG, and PRACTICE WEAR. in the middle of WINTER....not in August or prior (she was married in August). Now, the "fan" who took the picture off twitter has every right to do so especially since they are a fan of hers, or Val, Maks, or Tony. A fan won't want to hurt her chances of being on the show or the men of having a good shot of the finals---makes sense. But more than 1 fan commented on the picture. It appears that someone with a blog site also saw it and reported it on the site--fine. I can bet that that person is kicking themselves for not making a screen cap of it or something. Look, there's $$ involved here for pros & celebs, and for some of them the longer they go on the show=more exposure=re-vamped career or endorsements, etc. Hey, it's Hollyweird after all.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

If she had been asked, why put on the desperate act?

I don’t buy the desperate act for one second, and here’s why: She has always liked the show and always had a lot to say each day after it airs. However, on “The View” whenever Joy or someone would say “you should do DWTS” this is what Sherri would say – verbatim: “Oh no, I can’t do it. All the back and forth travel, and besides, I have Jeffrey. I just can’t do it.” As if she is the only person who has a child or who would have to commute. (For example, Susan Lucci and Cameron both commuted back and forth – with their pro partners – while they were doing AMC, and I’m sure both has other personal commitments.) I’ve watched The View for a long time and I’ve never heard her say anything about having been asked to do DWTS. (Not saying it never happened, just that I’m not aware of it.)

My guess is that after clearing it with Barbara Walters/execs at The View, Sherri lobbied like crazy to get on DWTS and all her practicing months in advance was to help prepare herself and to literally get a leg up on the competition.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

I have followed Sherri on The View and twitter - she was desperate to be on DWTS. Now that she is married that helps out with her son.

The dance lessons for her wedding was one choreographed dance by the whole bridal party.Not even a ballroom type dance. She even said in the last week she loves dancing but only knows club dancing. Yet she has been taking lessons ballroom dancing for 3 months? Gee, big surprise Sherri, you've only been watching DWTS since it premiered. UGH

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

she was desperate to be on DWTS. Now that she is married that helps out with her son.

Okay, good point about her husband helping with her son. But IIRC Jeffrey’s father is on the west coast, although Jeffrey is in school in NYC. But Sherri has all kinds of help; having a husband isn’t necessary to be on the show.

I assume her schedule (The View, 30 Rock, Newlywed Game, and she was in a movie last year) was too full before.

However, Sherri lies so much I find it hard to believe half of what she says. For example, she used to put on the “can't find a man to date, gotta get a man” act then suddenly announced she was engaged. She is full of it.

Edited by isotonerz, Mar 16, 2012 @ 9:06 PM.