Jack Wagner: The Bold & The Bossa Nova

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

24 replies to this topic

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

One of the most intriguing contestants of the season could be Jack Wagner. Not only is he an actor, he's a singer, a golfer and, thanks to his now-defunct relationship with Heather Locklear, a tabloid fixture. As if all that wasn't enough for him to handle, his partner is Anna Trebunskaya, which should be fun to watch.

Twickenham

Twickenham

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

I vote this so far my favourite thread title... :P

Jack will add to the eye-candy factor very nicely this season. What with Maks & Tristan both returning as pros, I should have a lot of viewing pleasure...

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:35 PM

Don't know who he is, but I have to root for him anyway because of his pro. Not sure how good he'll actually be, though. Wiki tells me he's in his 50s - it's not like he has one foot in the grave or anything, but he's no spring chicken. Then again, Jennifer Grey was in her 50s too. (Betcha didn't know that.)

CCee

CCee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

I'm actually really excited for Jack's participation. I grew up watching him on GH and he was one of my first crushes. Also having him paired with my favorite female pro makes it even better. Hopefully he has a bit of rhythm and isn't too stiff. I haven't seen him in anything for a while so I hope he's aging alright and hasn't boarded the scary plastic surgery train.

RooKanga

RooKanga

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

I met the man once....he was doing a personal appearance about 25 years ago - he was quite pleasant and he still looks mighty fine.....never saw him on his General Hosp. - but eye candy is always nice to cheer for.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Not a daytime soap fan, but I ADORED Melrose Place until the bitter end and he was a big reason why I stuck it out. I think this match up with Anna will be fun.

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:27 PM

Jennifer Grey was in her 50s too. (Betcha didn't know that.)

Gee, it's really too bad that never got mentioned on the show!

I liked the way he started by hamming it up; made it into a more relaxed atmosphere for the reveals.

Edited by Serendi, Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:27 PM.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:53 PM

I grew up watching him on GH

Thank goodness someone else knows him from GH. Think he'll get to dance to "All I Need"?

jennifer6973

jennifer6973

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

All I Need or to please Fans of Frisco and Felicia "Lady OF My Heart"

What would really be fun is "Sneak Attack"

Oh I crushed on him when I was 13 and in Catholic School.

Always ran home to watch the last few minutes of GH.

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:17 AM

Hope some of his friends from B&B show up in the audiance..I know Ronn Moss was on the italian version of DWTS and KK Lang was also a guest on the show..and she also danced http://www.youtube.c...4929850295D63AD and http://www.youtube.c...feature=related (this is KK Lang)

Ronn http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7LF2qEZPsKg

Edited by moni, Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:24 AM.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

I've been watching interviews with Jack and Anna and it seems like theirs will be a good partnership. Anna has also been talking about how he's very musical, coordinated, and in very good shape.

I also got a kick out of how Jack imitates Anna in this clip:

Jack: "I was crying in a fetal position three times in the corner and she handled me with kid gloves. She said, 'GET UP! GET UP!'" (the last part said with a bad accent)

Reporter: "That's the Anna we know and love."

Anna: "Yes... a little exaggerated, but kinda true."

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

Aw, I already like their partnership better than most (which, of course, means I'm bound to be disappointed). I'm glad Anna got a non-funny guy (I loved Carson last season but he was never really intended to go far/all the way).

Also, in this picture, Jack's butt is giving Maks' a run for the money. (Anna's isn't bad either, but I've long said Jonathan is a lucky, lucky man - said as a straight female!)

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

Too much perfectionism will cost him, I fear. But Ana is a strong partner for Jack. We'll see.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

Out of all the couples, his dance was the one I forgot about after the show doing my recap. Doesn't bode well if others felt the same.

officetemp

officetemp

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:53 PM

I was predisposed to like Jack mostly because Anna is my favorite pro. However, he seemed a little clumsy on Monday. Nervousness, perhaps? Whatever it was, I hope he allows himself to relax into the dancing and soon! I don't want Mrs. Roberts to leave early again as she has for the past few seasons.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

I like both Jack and Anna. But I think they were overscored.

CCee

CCee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

I'm a little worried for Jack. In other seasons I think he'd have a good chance to go pretty far with his dancing skills. He's not fabulous right off the bat, but I think he has potential, and at least he's not tripping over his feet. Unfortunately, the standard of dance seems a little higher this year, and just based on show chatter he may be a bit forgettable for voters.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

I agree about his being forgettable. I do my weekly reviews after the show. I usually don't need to re watch and can write about each dance based on when I saw it live, but both weeks so far, I had to re watch Jack's because I honestly forgot about most of it.

If he goes tonight, it'll be just like when Shannen Doherty left first. Not the worst, but just got lost in the shuffle.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

Jack & Anna On The Red Carpet Interview.

MeeMaw

MeeMaw

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

I'm a little worried for Jack. In other seasons I think he'd have a good chance to go pretty far with his dancing skills. He's not fabulous right off the bat, but I think he has potential, and at least he's not tripping over his feet. Unfortunately, the standard of dance seems a little higher this year, and just based on show chatter he may be a bit forgettable for voters.

Yeah - I'm also worried for Jack. I really wanted him to be a good dancer - I've loved him since the Frisco and Felicia days - but he's just not doing well. Forgettable is the right adjective, I'm afraid.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Performance Interview : Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya

Serendi

Serendi

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

I don't normally post in two places, but enough people were asking on the episode thread that I thought this should probably be here too. I believe it was from before the premiere.

Jack Wagner talks to Access Hollywood about meeting his daughter

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

Bummer! I hated to see Jack leave because I was a big fan of Frisco back in the day, and I really saw the improvement in his dancing last night. I voted for him (well, I split my votes among him and a few others), but as he was standing on the staircase of jeopardy with Gavin and Gladys, waiting to hear their fates, it hit me that of the three of them, Jack was the one I would miss the least.
He was very gracious in defeat, however, and I will be happy to see him dance again on the season finale.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:38 AM

DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Results Interviews: Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

AheadofStraight

AheadofStraight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

This season was my first time ever watching, just to see Jack. I thought he was better than several of the remaining contestants but I guess he didn't have the popularity with the voters. At least now my Mondays/Tuesdays have freed up until he is on the finale!