Gavin DeGraw: I Don't Wanna Be....Dancing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

64 replies to this topic

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

Nope. Just shy and a nervous wreck.

Lauren4181

Lauren4181

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

All those emotional stories...and Gavin's the one who made me cry tonight. Such a sweetheart. I really hope he sticks around for a while!

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:52 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Performance Interview : Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff

ETA: (OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Results Interview: Gavin DeGraw and Katrina Smirnoff

Next week Gavin and Karina are dancing the Tango.

Edited by ByTheWay, Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:45 AM.

jfye72

jfye72

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

I loved the post results interview. Why don't they show that footage of Gavin trying to be sexy for the rehearsal package? I really enjoy Gavin and Karina's sense of humor

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I'm really starting to love this guy. I hope he stays longer than just to next week.

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Hope he lasts a bit longer, although someone said they looked at his schedule and he seems booked for the end of the month------that would be prime time for dwts------having to learn 2 or 3 dances. I seriously doubt he'd be able to handle learning 2 dances in 5 days while touring. I wished he tweeted fans more. I'd love to ask him if he heard what Maks said to Karina or that made Karina turn to look at him(Melissa looked also) while they were on the stage as Jack & Anna were doing their last dance after getting the boot. What's it been 2 yrs since Maks spoke to her?

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:32 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 4 Post-Performance Interview: Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:35 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 4 Post-Results Interview: Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff

olderdcr

olderdcr

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

I melted when I saw the footage of him carrying Melissa away after she had been injured. He is such a decent guy. I am throwing some votes his way from now on.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

I was so happy for him that he escaped the Bottom Two. Gavin has plenty of new fans now! Between the "my father is my hero" story and the Melissa carry-off, people who knew nothing about him now know that he is the polar opposite of the rock star cliche'. He is a complete gentleman with solid family values, who happens to be doing something utterly outside of his comfort zone but is trying to give it his all. That's a pretty irrestistable person!

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

I'm really hoping that Gavin becomes the Rob K. of this season and just continues to improve week after week to everyone's surprise. I've liked his music for awhile, but never really given much thought to him personally, and I have to say I love what I've seen of him so far. He gained a lot of points from me with his sincere comment to Martina when she got eliminated, another point with his heartfelt story about his family, and yet again with carrying Melissa. He's not the best dancer, but it's easy to root for him after seeing what a gentleman he is.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

I'm really hoping that Gavin becomes the Rob K. of this season

Oh, I hope not. I despise anything Kardashian, & though I still know virtually nothing about Gavin, I'm loving him. What a genuinely decent gentleman. I hope he makes it to the final 3.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Oh I hate the Kardashians too, but I think for a lot of people last season Rob was a somewhat pleasant surprise compared to what they were expecting. I think Gavin is similar to Rob in that his dancing seems to be gradually improving as well despite a rough start.

MadameL

MadameL

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

I think Gavin is similar to Rob in that his dancing seems to be gradually improving as well despite a rough start.

I can see that. But Gavin is different from Rob in that he is legitimately famous for reasons of talent, not just for being related to a bunch of women whose only 'skill' is self-promotion. I liked how Rob turned out by the end of last season, but would have never, ever have voted for him--or anyone whose 'stardom' has such origins. Gavin's celebrity was already well-deserved and he may even gain new fans because of DWTS. His music is amazing! Rob may have gained new 'fans'--but fans of what, exactly?

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

Rob got to 2nd place partially because of the judges being up his ass and having all of his family twet his number to their millions of followers.

I don't think.. wait.. I know Gavin doesn't have that kind of following. While I like him, I think he'll be gone before the final 6.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:09 AM

DwtS S14 Week 5 Post-Performance Interview: Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff : On The Red Carpet

stinamaia

stinamaia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

Gavin seems to be a great guy, but hes not a very good dancer. I enjoy his spirit though.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:56 AM

Totally adorable on Kimmel tonight. He confessed to fantasizing about Karina, and it was cute, not off-putting. And he referred to his "non-six-pack" chest as a "pony keg".

New fan here!

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:57 AM

DwtS S14 Week 5 Post-Results Interviews: Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:25 AM

A class act through and through! Hope he'll perform on the show some time in the remaining weeks.

Edited by Jobo05, Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:26 AM.

sidwich

sidwich

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:09 PM

Neither Gavin nor Karina seem all that broken up about leaving. The vibe I get from them is that this is about where they were hoping to go out. It's a very respectable exit in the middle of the pack, and it gives Gavin plenty of time to prep for his summer tour when he's performing almost every night. I think Gavin got exactly what he wanted out of the DWTS experience, a new adventure, publicity for his new album and tour, and a fistful of new fans who know his as someone besides the "One Tree Hill" theme guy. I totally expect that he'll be back before the end for a musical appearance, probably with Karina dancing.

Runningwild

Runningwild

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

I might have to check out his music now. He seems like a really nice guy... as opposed to his Dance Duel opponent.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

Gavin is a breath of fresh air in a celebrity world full of shit. What kind, funny, genuine gentleman. I will miss his presence on the show.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1
Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2

Gavin Degraw I Dont Want To Be live on Jimmy Kimmel

GG63

GG63

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Just finished watching Gavin and Karina on Jimmy Kimmel. What an amazing attitude and realistic outlook on the show and the competition he just lost. It was so refreshing to hear Gavin put things into perspective when he talked about all the horrible things in the world in relation to being eliminated from a dance show.

He really is funny. He reminds me a little of Jann Arden with his sense of humour, his quick wit and how he looks at life. Count me in with the people who are going to miss seeing him on the show.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

I thought JK's and GDG's comments on whether Gavin was going to have sex with Karina were fairly tasteless and I thought it was odd that no other male celeb has said that about their partner that I could recall. I also thought Karina was trying to roll herself into a ball during that convo and was not looking particularly thrilled. JMO. I'm not a body language analyzer. It could have been that she was trying to get a more flattering camera angle for that really short skirt...

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

I thought JK's and GDG's comments on whether Gavin was going to have sex with Karina were fairly tasteless ...

My money has been on this couple as the rumored "hook-up" for more than a month now.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

Well, she called herself his "fake girlfriend" as in not real.

And in a People article-he says he just got her phone number-so who knows.

The JK show was the first time I didn't think he was totally wonderful. But it was JK who started it.

Edited by rulesoftravel, Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:24 PM.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:08 PM

I also thought Karina was trying to roll herself into a ball during that convo and was not looking particularly thrilled. JMO. I'm not a body language analyzer.

The question was definitely tasteless but I expect nothing less from Kimmel. That said, I don't think Karina was as disturbed or bothered by the whole thing (or she just played it off really well) because if I remember correctly, after Kimmel asks that, Gavin starts by saying that "no, he didn't think he might have sex with her" and she jumps in with a faux-outraged "what"...like how could you not want to sleep with me.

And at that point Gavin said, he was thinking he was definitely going to have sex with her. It was definitely slightly awkward (but Gavin, bless his heart and I've been a fan of his for years but the boy is pretty awkward) and I was happy when they changed the subject but I have to say I liked this pairing and I do think they seem to have a nice dynamic. I don't know if there's any romance there but if it turns out there is, I'd buy it more than the nonsense Derek and Maria are trying to sell only because Gavin and Karina were far more subtle.

jfye72

jfye72

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

Woohoo Gavin will be performing next week. Louis just tweeted.

I was just asked to dance again next week!! With....drum rolls.....@Karina_Smirnoff while @GavinDeGraw sings his new song! How exciting.