Gavin DeGraw: I Don't Wanna Be....Dancing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

64 replies to this topic

StayClassySD

StayClassySD

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

I like his music and look forward to seeing what he can do. Maybe he'll be a surprise like JR.

OwlsGo

OwlsGo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

I wouldn't have pegged him for this show. He's doing much better than most singers who've been on this show when they were.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

I don't see him being too great to be honest. He's more of the singer/songwriter type of singer than the N'Sync type of boyband singer that learns dance routines.

Plus he'll be on the road for the first few weeks which won't help.

Sara Maria

Sara Maria

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

I'm a huge fan of his and I'm shocked that he's doing the show. He's coming off of his biggest hit in years. I hope it brings him some more exposure though - because his music is great. I don't have high hopes for him dancing-wise though, but we'll see!

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Alright, so what dance are they going to try to squeeze "I Don't Wanna Be" out of?

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:04 AM

Karina called and asked him to do it; she's a big fan of his.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 6:54 AM

I'm squeeing over this guy! I hope he makes it a few weeks. I'm so excited!! Thank you, Karina - you found us a "goody"! In a season I'm pretty bummed about - but maybe not anymore!

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

Karina tweeted she excited to go on tour with him. She gave an interview recently and said she'd like to use one of his songs. (It was not that one though).

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

http://t.co/CMdfAoKt

Gavin calls Karina his 'little Russian butterfly' in this interview. how sweet.

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

Cute story from the owner of a dance studio Gavin and Karina used while his tour stopped in Michigan.

Link

Lol at Karina already being over the whole touring thing after being so excited...yeah, any artist will tell you, touring is hard work what with the constant travelling, the night after night of shows, etc.

Edited by lleykian54, Mar 11, 2012 @ 9:34 PM.

Twickenham

Twickenham

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

What Gavin looks like without his hat.

Yay! He has hair! And kinda looks like Tintin... :P

jfye72

jfye72

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Gavin sings to Karina at his Nashville concert.
http://www.youtube.c...p;v=M6y6v4qcTLE

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:28 AM

Odd...looks like Gavin never watched the show. He didn't know Karina won last season,a nd that at one point there are 2 dances and even an instant dance. :(

Finley

Finley

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Gavin sings to Karina at his Nashville concert.

That is sweet.

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

Okay, according to "insider" tweet, Gavin should be dancing 4th and "he's not t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e", it's just that most others are so much better....end quote.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

Got this sent to me on Twitter http://www.people.co...0579648,00.html Prayers to both of them for a fabulous performance!

GG63

GG63

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

I didn't really know who this was before this but I have to say he's hilarious!

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:14 PM

Dude lose the hat? Too stiff dancing. He'll go soon. But he's fun for the interview.

Edited by hoosier, Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:21 PM.

GreekGeek

GreekGeek

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

He is cute and funny (I loved his "beautiful sandwich" comment), but he may be headed for an early exit. This first night has set the bar so high that his relatively low key shy personality may get lost. His dance was respectable but not outstanding.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:48 AM

He was very likeable, a fun contrast to his angsty music. I'm not sure why he was on the show. Has he been ill or was he hiding a bald spot?

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I know he had been attacked by a group while walking in NY, and then got hit by a taxi. So I don't know if there's some scar or something like that or if it's a bald spot, or that's just his style. If he lasts, I would think he'd have to take it off for the rumba lol.

Something that struck me as strange last night was during an interview with George from ABC (http://www.ontheredc...=8587011#global), Karina "warned" Gavin that the jive needs to be fast. (Apparently, Gavin got tired from moving across the ballroom--they had practice in "doll house sized studios", according to him.) He looked surprised to hear that. Yet, a tweet from Karina about 2 days ago said that gavin was like the energizer bunny doing the jive and she couldn't keep up with his kicks & flicks. If he's been doing the jive already, and she made that comment, wouldn't he know it's fast? Also, why would she need to advise him that the jive needs to be fast? IDK just something that struck me as odd.

Gavin does say that he learned that he needs to practice more. They admitted that they traveled almost everyday. Um... what did he expect?

Karina texted him and asked him to do the show. He was the very first name leaked over a month and a half ago. That makes me wonder if for some reason she thought she wouldn't be on, so she got him to do it, and it makes me wonder if she doesn't ask him, if she would have gotten one of the guys on now. Can you imagine her with William? I like Cheryl, but she doesn't ooze sexy like Karina does IMO.

comosedice

comosedice

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 9:29 AM

I like Gavin. He is not the best dancer, but I want to watch him improve week after week. I hope he sticks around. I didn't think his Jive was horrible.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

I was just watching Gavin's interview with George, and Karina was talking about next week, if they get through, and she said, "I want this rumba." So I take it that's their next dance. I wonder if half the contestants will be doing rumba or if they'll mix it all up. Also, last season, Week 3 was "special year" week and it ended up being the end of Kristin Cavallari because her most special year was choosing between college and Hollywood, lol. Wonder if they'll dodge the concept due to their favorites having no major tear-jerker issues - like maybe Katherine and Maria. (though for all I know, they DO have a tear-jerker jear - I believe Maria wore leg braces, like Cameron Matheson? something like that - and I don't know anything about Katherine or the others)

ETA It just dawned on me that the theme might help Gavin, because he was so severely beaten last year just walking down the street, and then hit by the taxi. Sherri has an autistic son, I believe. Maybe everybody's got something this year.

Edited by Elsa, Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:00 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Wonder if they'll dodge the concept due to their favorites having no major tear-jerker issues - like maybe Katherine and Maria.

I don't know about Maria, but Katherine's dad passed away when she was 15, so that would probably be it.

Gavin would for sure tell that story if thats the theme next week. I still don't think he's long for this season. He's too awkward and the Rumba could end his run if it doesn't end tonight.

Monica21

Monica21

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

I don't know about Maria, but Katherine's dad passed away when she was 15, so that would probably be it.

Gavin would for sure tell that story if thats the theme next week. I still don't think he's long for this season. He's too awkward and the Rumba could end his run if it doesn't end tonight.

Taking it to the Season 14 General Gabbery thread.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:27 PM

Gavin & Karina On The Red Carpet Interview.

jfye72

jfye72

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

I hope Gavin doesn't use the story of his attack. That is depressing. Couldn't he dance to one of his song? His story could be about how having a hit song changed his life. I feel when they use all those sad stories it brings the whole night down.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

But the most tragic stories get the most votes, so you need a touching, gut-wrenching event to compete with the others. It sounds terrible, put that way, but I believe it's the truth, and it's why Kristin went home when she had maybe the best dance of the night.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

I feel sorry for Gavin. I got the impression in the OTRC interview that he's not touring for awhile? Karina was pretty aggressive saying "He had no excuses anymore." I wouldn't want to be in his dance shows tomorrow. He may lose a hat size by the time Karina gets done with him.

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

Kristin went home because of her fake break up move (fans saw that coming), and reality stars (with exception of Rob K) usually don't pull in the casual fan vote.

Pacodakat

Pacodakat

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

HE apears to be High. Very loosey goosey