Melissa Gilbert: Little Dancer on the Prairie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

59 replies to this topic

dely

dely

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

Instead, she looks like a totally different person, not an older version of the person she used to be.

Definitely my last comment on this, because I don't want to get a big argy bargy going and get a bunch of people mad at me, but, personally, I do see a 47 year old Half Pint.

BTW, thanks for the note on the link. I'll try that next time, but I'd already juryrigged it by the time I saw your post, moreorlessnu.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

I don't think Melissa looks bad. She has probably had some work done. But it doesn't jump out at me. She looks her age. She is probably a bit too thin. But I blame the overdone makeup on DWTS more than anything. She is never going to look like Halfpint again.

I thought she did good the first night. At least she was trying to do a more difficult choreo than Maria and some of the others. I think she will do OK when she gets more control of her nerves. I like the pairing of her and Maks so far. They seem to have a good friendship going.

GG63

GG63

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:16 AM

On a totally shallow note and obviously being naive, but can I say what an amazing head of hair she has. Totally jealous. She may have extensions, or it may be a wig, but I love the colour, length and style.

I also really like her pairing with Maks. I think she needs to get over her nerves and then she'll enjoy herself a little more on performance nights and won't look so nervous. In practice she looks relaxed and happy ... even when she's crying. Someone on a different thread commented they thought the two don't really share affection as Melissa is trying to project (paraphrasing). I thought they were more touchy/feely than I've seen Maks since he danced with Kirstie. Hope and Maks definitely were not this comfortable around each other last year.

olderdcr

olderdcr

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

Melissa - I like her and feel for her. But she is another needy woman who is desperate for Mak's approval. Any vaguely kind word he throws in her direction and she burts into tears. And then she has to keep saying over and over how much she 'loves her partner' -overdoing it totally. All of this just makes Maks more hostile (abet guardingly hostile) toward her - the relationship reminds me so much of what transpired between Hope and Maks last season.

Very sad.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

Melissa and Maks On The Red Carpet interview.

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

On a totally shallow note and obviously being naive, but can I say what an amazing head of hair she has. Totally jealous. She may have extensions, or it may be a wig, but I love the colour, length and style.

In her book she did say that the one attribute she'd been blessed with was good hair. That was one thing she never had to worry about. I'm totally jealous, too!

I didn't think she looks that thin. In fact, I kept thinking,"Wow, look at the behind on her."

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

Yeah, and I'm not seeing this "when plastic surgery goes bad" thing, either. I personally think she's a very attractive woman. I just hope she can get out of her head more when she dances, as I think that's one of the biggest problems that she has.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 6:04 AM

(OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Performance Interview : Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

ETA: (OTRC) DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Results Interview: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Next week Melissa and Maksim are dancing the Paso Doble.

Edited by ByTheWay, Apr 4, 2012 @ 4:50 AM.

alldance

alldance

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

Melissa's People Blog

Melissa seems to have a great partnership with Maks and is really embracing the experience. I hope she does well tonight.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:01 AM

Melissa tweeted that she's ok. I think we'll see her in the results show.

Dance rehearsal may be a problem. Nausea and sensitivity to bright light are common with concussions for even a week afterward. Any dancing that requires a lot of spinning won't be practical.

Melissa Gilbert ‏ @MelissaEGilbert

@MaksimC you are my champion. I adore you. @GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!
4m Melissa Gilbert Melissa Gilbert ‏ @MelissaEGilbert

I'm alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of.

Edited by aceplace57, Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:41 AM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:43 AM

I loved the Paso Doble. Considering that it was danced to an 80s rock song, it had the most authentic look and feel of all the Paso Dobles tonight, and I really didn't notice any of the mistakes that the judges did. I actually thought it was Melissa's best dance to date.

And yes, I hope she'll be OK. If I know Maks, he's one to take injuries seriously, and he won't push Melissa any farther than he thinks she can handle. He really does seem to have learned his lesson after the debacle with Hope last season.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

Sounds like Melissa made it through rehearsal ok today. Her tweet:

Very happy to be back on campus rehearsing with @MaksimC . Now back home to bed.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

Any idea on what they're dancing? Argentine Tango is out. With 9 couples and 3 styles, each style is being danced 3 times. Katherine, Donald, and William have A. Tango.

It's either Salsa or Samba, I think Samba could be better for her. I don't know if she's fluid enough for Salsa,

I think she's the only contestant left to not have done any of the lyrical dances like Foxtrot, Rumba, or any Waltz. I think it could suit her, but we could never know. Neither Samba or Salsa play to her strengths, on paper of course.

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:37 PM

Melissa is back rehearsing
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tiDiDSNTaaw

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

And her gorgeous French boyfriend is in town...

Edited by rulesoftravel, Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:13 PM.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

Half Pint gave it 100% tonight, but boy, she's hurting. Her neck didn't move during her dancing.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:13 AM

DwtS S14 Week 5 Post-Performance Interviews: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

If they survive tonight's elimination, Melissa will be dancing the Viennese Waltz.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

With a double elimination next week, Melissa's fate is looking more than doomed.

Since Week 1, she's kind of danced the same, only varied from OK to good. She needs to have a breakout dance next week to even have a shot at staying.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 5:22 AM

Melissa's interview with TV Guide.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 4:30 AM

DwtS S14 Week 6 Post-Performance Interview: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
On The Red Carpet

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

I wanted to hug Melissa G for saying that viewers see edited footage from hours of rehearsal and that they're doing fine. Or words to that effect.

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

I wanted to hug Melissa G for saying that viewers see edited footage from hours of rehearsal and that they're doing fine. Or words to that effect.

Why? Every one of Maks's partners have criticized the rehearsal footage for the last few seasons.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

I liked it because she said it to Brooke and right before the scores. And hugged him.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

I hope she safe tonight because it really was her best dance so I'd like to see if she can continue the momentum.

But if she does go, at least she can take comfort in knowing she went out on her best.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 4:02 AM

DwtS S14 Week 7 Post-Performance Interview: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

Edited by ByTheWay, May 1, 2012 @ 4:03 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 4:24 AM

DwtS S14 Week 7 Post-Results Interview: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
On The Red Carpet

Melissa's latin dance is the Samba.

sab85

sab85

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Maks and Melissa talk to AfterBuzz.

I rarely, if ever, watch the interviews but I caught this one. Best part- Tony comes by and sticks a picture of himself on Melissa's chest which already has a picture of Val. Maks reveals that there is no room for a picture of him because he says the last spot is reserved for Tristan, who Melissa apparently calls "Catnip". Too cute.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:24 AM

DwtS S14 Week 8 Post-Performance Interview: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 4:33 AM

DwtS S14 Week 8 Post-Results Interview: Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:03 AM

Melissa Gilbert seems to be bearing up after the elimination...her new twitter picture is her with her gorgeous French guy: http://a0.twimg.com/...75962/image.jpg