Jaleel White: Did I Do That?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

106 replies to this topic

discoparkinglot

discoparkinglot

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

I am rooting for him!!!!!!!

Jobo05

Jobo05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

So am I!!! Happy he's paired with Kym. That makes one more pairing I can root for (the other being Gladys & Tristan).

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

I forsee nothing but suspenders for the jive. That said, he's with Kym, so this should be a easy slam dunk of greatness!

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

Can we take bets on whether he'll do the Urkel dance at some point?

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I don't know, but I'm betting we'll see some suspenders by at least Week 5. And the band will probably recycle "Hip to Be Square."
I try not to raise my expectations for certain partnerships before the season starts, but dammit if these two don't go far. Kym is just the perfect partner (though perhaps a smidgen too tall?) for Jaleel. She always blends cheesiness and technique so well, which is perfect for Jaleel. I have high hopes for them.

Thirteenthjuror

Thirteenthjuror

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

These two are my early favorites. Jaleel has an awesome personality IRL from the interviews I've seen with him over the years, so personality will not be a detriment in this pairing. I doubt how much Urkel we'll be seeing because he doesn't like to do that impersonation anymore. He doesn't need it anyway from what I've seen of him. Kym got a good one this season.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Very excited about Jaleel. I think he'll be quite charming, a gentleman, and very good dancer.

Edited by Sugakates78, Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:53 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

They might as well just hand Kym her 3rd trophy.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

I'm not sure about Jaleel. I was never a fan of Family Matters but the way he came out during the cast reveal makes me think he has an inflated sense of self. We'll see.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

The last time I heard Jaleel's name mentioned was like two years ago when he was accused of domestic violence against his ex-girlfriend. I don't know whatever happened with that, but I wonder if he has a temper that will come out.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

He was in the season premiere of House as a convict! I was a couple of months ago going "Is that Urkel in jail with House?"

Edited by Limbonaut, Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:41 PM.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

Hmm. Maybe I should retract my gentleman comment until we've seen him in action. I had no idea about the situation with his girlfriend, but then again I hadn't heard anything about him in years until, well, yesterday.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

Access Hollywood spends time with Jaleel & Kym:
Inside Jaleel White’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Rehearsal
Jaleel White’s ‘Dancing’ Rehearsal: Does He Feel Pressure To Please His ‘Family Matter’ Fans?
Jaleel White’s ‘Dancing’ Rehearsal: Why Is The Foxtrot Difficult To Learn?

Not much dancing, but they look like they are getting on really well.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:12 PM

I will be voting for Jaleel! I had the biggest crush on him during his Family Matters days (Steve Urkel is my dream man), and 20yrs later my love still burns bright. I was happy yesterday when he danced well so that I wouldnt be conflicted to share my votes.

I had no idea about the domestic violence charges. Ugh. From his twitter he appears to have a big ego, but most stars do, so it isn't something that bothers me too much.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

The man is humble and classy. He'll go far. And he deserves to go far.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

Nice shot of Jaleel’s mother in the audience. He told Brooke that his mom convinced him to do the show. He did great, and I think he’ll be a contender for that trophy.

I enjoyed the Urkel clips. In a way, I can see wht people like Jaleel (and also Gary Coleman) resented the constant references to their characters because they found it hard to get other jobs, and I’m sure it got annoying to be asked to do “Urkel” or talk about “Urkel”. But that character made him famous and earned him a lot of money.

Is there something wrong with Jaleel’s eyes? By that I mean in pictures I notice they seem kind of bugged and wide-open. Not meaning to be unkind; just wondering if maybe he has some kind of eye condition or maybe bad contacts.

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

I enjoyed the Urkel clips. In a way, I can see wht people like Jaleel (and also Gary Coleman) resented the constant references to their characters because they found it hard to get other jobs, and I’m sure it got annoying to be asked to do “Urkel” or talk about “Urkel”. But that character made him famous and earned him a lot of money.

I can understand it to a certain degree too, but "Steve Urkel" is the only reason he's on the show. I fear Jaleel has no sense of humor about himself. I wish he had at least joked around with Kym a little like "Hey, we'll save that Urkel dance for the freestyle, haha." He should be relieved that he doesn't have Mark for a partner! Mark does at least one nerd themed dance per season.

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

From Jaleel White's Wikipedia Page:

White landed his first television role as the son of Flip Wilson and Gladys Knight on the CBS series Charlie and Company.

Who knew?

ProudCndn

ProudCndn

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

Hes def my favorite this season!!

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:40 PM

Jaleel & Kym On The Red Carpet interview.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

A report has surfaced that Jaleel flipped out on Kym, she left the studio in tears, and he refused to ever go back to that rehearsal hall - wants to practice elsewhere. Link

http://omg.yahoo.com...-214100224.html

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Re domestic abuse charges: All were dropped in 2010, because the DA did not believe there was enough evidence and also because the complainant waited several weeks to file charges, after there was a child support hearing that did not go her way. So, no charges.

EJpants

EJpants

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

Ummm, yeah. that was the lamest/weirdest response ever to playing Stefan Urkel. Sorry, not buying it. Weird.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

He was a hot mess tonight.

Between that boring/uninspired Rumba to that weird random outburst, just all really strange. I thought he could make the finals or win, but between all this tonight and last week, I'm not seeing it now.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:57 AM

DwtS S14 Week 3 Post-Performance Interviews : Jaleel White and Kym Johnson
On The Red Carpet
Access Hollywood

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

People mag A little more info.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

I'm getting a "world against me" kinda vibe from him, both in interviews/articles and on the show. His reaction last night was just bizarre and uncomfortable to watch. Plenty of child and teen actors have had difficulty transitioning to more adult roles. But Jaleel seems positively haunted and tortured by the Urkel references. What did he expect? What other roles has he done that people know him for? I also read the article People did earlier where he explained the abuse charges, and I found him to be quite passive aggressive and of the "people try to bring you down when you're at the top" variety (not directly quoting him, just the attitude I got from his statements).

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

Thanks for the link, TryingHarder. This whole thing seems so odd. We now have two outlets with sources saying there was a conflict, yet we didn't see any footage of it. Even if it was exagerated by USWeekly, I'm surprised no footage of it was used. The only other time I can think of, where there was a report of a fight that wasn't shown, was when Warren Sapp supposedly pushed Derek against a wall. I wonder if they couldn't use the footage because production had to intervene.

westandrew

westandrew

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

I really hope TPTB closely monitor this situation. This makes me think he's the one TMZ mentioned early in the season as someone who felt there was some sort of conspiracy against him and was going to drop out due to not dancing well. Then that story sort of went away. And now this. It certainly gives me pause, and I want only the best for Kym, I rooted for her and Hines and was overjoyed when they won. She has went through an awful lot physically, and it's so unfair to her if this is true.

I did think his early interviews were a little bizarre, that he was saying that he was a game show host, he was doing this and that, he really didn't need this show, but his mom wanted him to do it. For me, the difference between the Foxtrot and the Jive was jarring. I thought he might have been injured or something because he merely walked through that Jive. I thought the Rumba wasn't all that bad, with more practice he could have turned it into something really strong. Early on, he was in my top 4. Now. I think he's going to have to struggle to get there.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

This makes me think he's the one TMZ mentioned early in the season as someone who felt there was some sort of conspiracy against him and was going to drop out due to not dancing well. Then that story sort of went away.

The only TMZ conspiracy story I remember from this season was that TMZ said someone started a rumor that one cast member would drop out due to injury. Was there another story?