Lab Rats

• Please log in to reply

104 replies to this topic

topanga

topanga

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:15 AM

I frequent another popular 'media' forum, finally checking out their Lab Rats section and it's not the same.  We could have civil and interesting discussions here.  

That's one thing I love and will sorely miss about TWOP. The moderators do a great job keeping the discussions on topic and reasonably sane. There are very few, if any, idiotic conversations like "That's stupid!" "Why are you so racist?" "Stop being a hater!"--which I often see on other boards and websites. 

Is their a thread for Lab Rats on the site previously TV? That's where many TWOP refugees are making camp. If not, maybe one can be started? (I don't know if members can start our own threads the way we can on this site). 

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:17 AM

Is their a thread for Lab Rats on the site previously TV? That's where many TWOP refugees are making camp. If not, maybe one can be started? (I don't know if members can start our own threads the way we can on this site). 

Hello topanga

I didn't see one myself.  I haven't checked the policies and such, so I'm not sure if anyone could just make one or not.

I registered with them, all my Real Housewives comrades were jumping over to there…I haven't confirmed my membership/account but once I do, I'll e-mail someone or review the policies.

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:38 AM.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:58 AM

You just need to create your thread in the "New Show Forum Requests" subforum, and as soon as a mod comes in (usually once or twice a day) & sees it, it will be officially opened.

Edited by Kaoteek, Apr 4, 2014 @ 6:17 PM.

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:07 PM

You just need to create your thread in the "New Show Forum Requests" subforum, and as soon as a mod sees it, it will be officially opened (once or twice a day).

Thanks for the info Kaoteek!

I'm down if anyone else is.  I have an account but I'm not usually a topic starter.

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:07 PM.

88Keys

88Keys

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 10:05 PM

I went ahead and registered over there.  I would love to keep this discussion going! 

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 11:59 AM

Just to get back on topic a wee bit:

At the end of season two, there did seem to be a slew of non-mission episodes.  I think it's important to remember that we are only 5 episodes into season 3 though, and three of them were about the family getting back on its feet.  They did kind of have a mission in "Mission: Mission Creek," though they are the ones who caused the problem in the first place.

With regards to the bolded, I think part of my issue so far has been Season 2 ended (in January) right before Season 3 started (in February).  For the first few episodes of Season 3, I thought the Season was already in progress for a little while…I was also playing catch up with a good chunk of Season 2.

ETA:

I went ahead and registered over there.  I would love to keep this discussion going! 

For those of us registered…do we want to draw straws over who gets to start the thread?  

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 5, 2014 @ 3:27 PM.

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 10:21 AM

"Scramble The Orbs" was an okay episode, probably my favorite so far this season.  

As soon as we hear Adam was in the play…you know how the ending with his line was going to play out.  Adam hasn't bugged me the last couple episodes…good signs of things to come maybe?

"Cheddy" was interesting, Chase the goody to shoes committing a misdeed…but he has shown to be ultra competitive in the past.  Bree was a little annoying this episode…(well, a lot of the characters are when they enjoy putting down Chase, my opinion of course.)  

The orbs were an interesting invention but to me, but they're probably a one and done deal.  I'd like to see the inventions, gadgets, and gizmos pop up here and there…unless I'm mistaken and some have. 

Kind of a busy episode between the play, the orbs, and the app contest but I think it worked out well.

Minus Tasha, I know she's the straight man (woman) to all the zaniness around her, but do all the adults need to be eccentric and OTT (talking about the Tech-Town manager, while not there yet, he's on his way to be another Perry)…

ETA:  If everybody agrees or wants to…can I go ahead and start a thread at PTV?  Do we want to finish here first then move over?

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 9, 2014 @ 10:25 AM.

88Keys

88Keys

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 1:33 PM

I thought it was a good Leo episode.  He got some nice development.  I like that they are turning him into an inventor like Davenport; Leo needs something of his own besides "sarcastic younger brother."  it also says something nice about the relationship between Donald and Leo.

I also thought the lesson that failure is OK as long as you learn from your mistakes and keep trying (especially if you're an inventor or entrepeneur) was a good one, and surprisingly deep for a Disney show.  I'm glad that they threw that in there, since it seems like we shield kids from failure too much nowadays. 

"Cheddy" was interesting, Chase the goody to shoes committing a misdeed…but he has shown to be ultra competitive in the past.  Bree was a little annoying this episode…(well, a lot of the characters are when they enjoy putting down Chase, my opinion of course.)

The Chase bashing is getting a little out of hand, in my opinion. 

I couldn't decide if Chase was out of character in this episode or not.  It seemed odd for him to steal.  But I think, like you said, the fact that he is so competitive made it work.  He did try to win fairly, but got caught up in the contest and eventually resorted to taking Donald's tech.  If he had stolen the old Eddy program from the beginning, it definitely would have been out of character.

Go ahead and start the thread, CyberJawa.  I may stay here until it closes for good, but I will eventually join you over there. I hope everyone else will, too!

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 1:53 PM

Go ahead and start the thread, CyberJawa.  I may stay here until it closes for good, but I will eventually join you over there. I hope everyone else will, too!

Hey 88, I was thinking of starting when we're a little closer to the closure date.  I'd like to stay in here till the end.  Over there, I'll also still be CyberJawa1986.

I thought it was a good Leo episode.  He got some nice development.  I like that they are turning him into an inventor like Davenport; Leo needs something of his own besides "sarcastic younger brother."  it also says something nice about the relationship between Donald and Leo.

I liked this too, Leo tends to be in the background now, and we've been given glimpses into this before.

The Chase bashing is getting a little out of hand, in my opinion. 

I usually like Bree, like Leo, she's usually, typically a background character in situations, but this is the first time I she really annoyed me on Adam levels.  She does usually participate in the Chase bashing…honestly, by this point I'd call it bullying…extreme maybe but that's how I see it…but again this was the first time I was turned off by her character.

Sorry for any errors, typing while doing physical therapy isn't easy.

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 10, 2014 @ 2:18 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 4:38 PM

Chase was a bit more smug than usual in this episode, and I didn't think Bree got anywhere near the usual Adam dick levels of picking on him (in retrospect it reminded me a little of her schadenfreude-driven "tough love" on Leo way back in S2's Spy Fly), but she did definitely fill his usual role here.  And, for once, Adam was almost completely harmless...and funny, in a gentle way.  I am a little puzzled, though, in how Leo went straight from building small robots to building Jedi training remotes...but they were used repeatedly on Trent, so this episode automatically gets a pass for that alone.  :)

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 2:32 PM

Hey redshirts, see I think in the beginning Bree was coming from a noble place when "Cheddy" was introduced, but as the situation worsened, Davenport finding out and then Cheddy became Eddy…Bree also worsened.

If…when we make the jump to the other site, hope to see you there redshirtx.

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 11, 2014 @ 5:53 PM.

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 2:02 PM

Hello Twop'ers, I put in a request for a Lab Rats thread with possible discussion topics/threads:

http://forums.previo...ats/#entry35153

Hope to eventually see everyone there!

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 14, 2014 @ 2:05 PM.

88Keys

88Keys

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:30 PM

Tonight's episode looks....not good.  Too much Perry, and more picking on Chase.  Not sure I want to watch, but I probably will anyway.

Oh well.  Next week's looks good, so at least there is that. 

CyberJawa1986

CyberJawa1986

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 10:34 AM

Just finished "Principal From Another Planet".  I thought the episode was okay…this was I think the first to rely on potty and gross out humor.  I think the best moment, until the end, was Perry wanting to dissect Chase and Leo and Adam thinking Chase is the alien. "I was in the bathroom, do you want me to invite everyone next time." or something like that when they question why he was gone.  Again, given the ending, I think it was okay being a Perry-centric episode.  I still think the last couple episodes have been the strongest, but this one I think ranks better than some of the early season episodes.

The Lab Rats forum was approved: 

http://forums.previo...m/718-lab-rats/

I like that we can have an actual sub-forum with topics over one thread.  Feel free to add topics, I was just trying to get the forum set up.

Edited by CyberJawa1986, Apr 15, 2014 @ 3:59 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 11:43 AM

Now that I've finally seen Principal From Another Planet: that was definitely the zaniest episode so far of S3 (and probably going back to S2), if perhaps deliberately placed as a breather before next week's arc episode, and I dug it.  Best usage of Perry so far this season, too.  :)  I was a little disappointed that it turned out to be a film Leo was shooting, but in hindsight not surprised; lord knows the DCLAU shows have used that schtick often enough over the years.