20-9: 2012.02.27

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

195 replies to this topic

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

but if he really felt that way, to get down on one knee and actually say the words, "Will you marry me?" is so wrong.

I suspect it's face-saving, but then again, I can't see this shallow, self-centered guy actually meaning it. We'll probably get to see the "performance" again, though, if he was able to "propose" before when what he really meant was "Let's date!"

I'm assuming he'll choose Courtney and he'll know that he'll catch Hell for anything less than a big, formal official proposal to her.

But, after finally seeing all of the last episode (so loong!), I don't think she deserves any better. I was on the fence before, but I don't think she feels anything at all for Ben. I think the girls were right--and Ben was warned several times, so he only has himself to blame for subsequent humiliation. It's his own stupidity and ego that let him fall for it.

As for Courtney, I do think she's faking feelings for Ben because her personality (such as it is) is so different in the house and to the camera than with Ben, where she -constantly- seems to be playing a part ("sweet little girl, including the fake vocal inflections, but then ...wow, sexy!")

With Trista, she did vocal things that some people found annoying because she was trying to be cute with a man she really liked. Courtney just seems to always be performing--and she can do it, without ever having a natural reaction or moment--because she just doesn't care about him at all. JMO, but last night's show just seemed so obvious at how unnatural she was.

It was kind of pathetic when Chris asked, "Do you want me to put KCB back in the line-up?" And got the same answer, "I know I led her on, but really, I don't care if I never seen her again."

Eh, she's so much better off with adorable Ryan. I hope that really clicks.

Auruor

Auruor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

Have you guys seen this? The Rules of Bachelor Fantasy Suite Engagement.

It's hysterical.

7. If your Bachelor wants to have a Serious Talk about some Troubling Issues He's Been Worried About, seize control of the conversation immediately.

Things must have gotten pretty out of hand for him to delay the opening ceremony of the Fantasy Suite Sexual Games (mascot: an anthropomorphized Trojan Twister named "Rosey"), so it's time to outflank him. Bring up and confess to the issues yourself in order to appear proactive. Apologize, cry, fabricate revelations about the possible causes of your negative behavior, like "trust issues." Weep during the confessional shoots — producers will undoubtedly mention how sincere you seem to your Bachelor. Say you know you've been a horrible person, but you'll do better from now on. He will eat this up, because he is simple, wine-making folk, and you're a model. He's always wanted to have sex with a model in a hot tub in the Fantasy Suite; he's not going to let some catty gossip throw him off course.

ETA that OMG, there's SO MUCH MORE. This is a treasure trove!

Edited by Auruor, Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:26 PM.

commenter

commenter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

Ben and Courtney had filthy wine glasses at their picnic with the cows – or at least glasses badly streaked with detergent or scratched.

I thought Kacie really made Ben revisit the whole issue about Courtney, and that he was really stumped over what to do with what she said -- so much so that he was engrossed with mulling it over in his head for the rest of his time with Kacie.

I wonder if it’s the editing that makes Ben look worse sometimes, because I felt he had good thoughtful conversations with both Courtney and Kacie this episode – as well as with Chris Harrison afterwards. (As many have said, Ben often has what appear to be real conversations with Courtney.)

Chris, meanwhile, steered the topic of his chat with Ben away from the issue of Courtney’s sincerity (clouding it by making it sound as if the issue were about having Kacie at the rose ceremony or the difficulty choosing between the 3 women in Switzerland). I’ve long been fairly certain Courtney’s been playing Ben, with the show’s complicity. (It was interesting hearing Ben use those exact words about her: “Am I being played?”) Chris/the producers avoiding that topic makes me think even more that he is being played.

So I did think about why the show would let Kacie say those things to him. I figure it may be to show that Ben had ample warning -- like there were warnings about the Texan country singer guy (Wes) or the Canadian fighter guy (Rated R) who apparently had girlfriends at home in recent seasons…

I also think that the goodwill and concern for Ben that both Kacie and Nikki expressed also support the ideas that a) he may be being edited to look like a less likeable person than he is; and b) he is being played by Courtney.

My heart kinda broke for Kacie because she seemed really wrecked, her eyes all puffy

I've always said her eyes look puffy all the time; and this time, her whole face looked like she may have gained weight, so I didn’t think it was puffiness from crying, if that’s what you meant.

did Chris Harrison really say "in two weeks, Ben will be down on one knee proposing to one of you?" So they don't even give the bachelors a choice in the matter anymore?

I think he said something like “Ben may be …”

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

Her is Nikki's exit interview, and the second half of KCB's exit interview.

Kacie sounds like a nice person and Nikki sounds crushed. poor girl.I would think watching Ben skinny dip with Courtney would make it easier to get over him, but perhaps not.

pitchy

pitchy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

slowpoked,
I thought from that really cute picture and seeing both in their seasons, that Ryan and KacieB would be naturals, but he's been tweeting a lot about how Emily has been his favorite, "intelligent and kind" and he keeps asking others about her. Didn't Ames also express interest in meeting Emily?

She's also sunny and is probably more world-interested as he is than KacieB.

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

Didn't Ames also express interest in meeting Emily?

Check out the Ames link I posted in the Media thread. Ames has met not only Emily but ALL of the women this season. Gross.

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

OMG, yes! I always hate seeing that, as a true nerd... I think [Courtney's] definition of "dorky" is cutesy and girly, too. She would die before ever allowing anyone to call her a dork in the true sense of the word.

Well, the true meaning of "dork" is "penis," so can you blame her?

Edited by Bugs Meany, Mar 3, 2012 @ 1:35 PM.

Firthient

Firthient

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 4:33 PM

Kacie sounds like a nice person and Nikki sounds crushed. poor girl.I would think watching Ben skinny dip with Courtney would make it easier to get over him, but perhaps not.

I think that is because Nikki spent the night with Ben in the fantasy suite and what that implies, even if nothing happened.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

After reading Nikki's interview I'm more convinced than ever that Ben made a huge mistake passing her up. She sounds so normal and non-famewhorish when she talks about going to the auditions for the show on a whim and how happy she is to get back to her job. I also thought Chris Harrison was completely wrong to say that her relationship with Ben was the least "mature," of the final four. After the fantasy dates, I turned to Hubs and said, "Who loves Ben the most?" and, without hesitation, he said "Nikki." I agreed. Oh well, Ben's loss will be some more worthy guy's gain.

Libby202

Libby202

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

I seriously, seriously cannot believe that I am delurking after 10 seasons to defend Ben, of all people. I haven't loved this season (except for watching Courtney's master manipulations in awe) and I don't think he's a very entertaining bachelor. But I read several previous posts dinging him for his unemotional non-responses when the ladies say "I love you, Ben!". I think this is just something he has to do, as the Bachelor. He really can't respond with an enthusiastic, "I love you, too! You're the one!" because then he couldn't justify keeping the other ladies around. And if he did say that, they couldn't show it because then there would be no tension for the finale. I definitely remember Jason responding to Molly's and Melissa's declarations of eternal devotion in a similar way: saying "Wow" or "Gee", pausing with a significant (or possibly blank) look, then going in for the kiss. There are probably more gracious or delicate ways of handling that situation, but I know I've seen a Ben-style response before. In this case, I don't think there's much of a mystery who he's going to choose, but they have to try to keep it the most surprising, amazing, romantic rose ceremony EVER.

As for Emily's upcoming Bachelorette season, I'm feeling very ho-hum about it. I agree with everyone who has mentioned her plastic look, dull personality, and reserved/formal nature. I'm sure I'll watch it (I always do) but I'm not particularly jazzed about 10 weeks of "Oh my goodness gracious" and "It was a cloudy day when the plane took off". Also, when she was putting away all the dolls and brushes after playing with Ricki, I thought that if her daughter is 6 or 7 years old, she is definitely old enough to clean up her own toys! Gotta instill responsibility early, right?

The former bachelorettes advice/salon session was painful, as was the idiotic Titanic infomercial. Ugh. Despite being tone-deaf to her audience of two with the Jack/J.P. comparisons, I still love Ashley. She is so bubbly and outgoing - that's why she was one of my favorite Bachelorettes.

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

After reading Nikki's interview I'm more convinced than ever that Ben made a huge mistake passing her up.

After reading Nikki's interview, I'm more convinced than ever that she dodged a huge bullet by getting away from the cretin named Ben. She should count her blessings.

sassygoddess1

sassygoddess1

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

When I saw Kacie fall to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably, all I could think was: which is more germ y, Ben's tongue or the carpet of that hotel? I'm not OCD but I was disgusted, in more ways than one. Poor Kacie. Act or not, this is one performance that it will be hard to live down. Figure it will be the topic of a family joke for years to come (if her family is anything like mine, that is. Her mom and dad seemed a lot more serious, but certainly understandable after seeing the "prize" their daughter brought home).

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

which is more germ y, Ben's tongue or the carpet of that hotel?

Let me vote for the winner of that contest: Ben's spittle-covered tongue, which is in full use during his open-mouthed slobber kisses. At least KCB on the hotel hallway floor didn't cause me to moan out, "Ewww, GROSS," and look away from the tv like every one of Ben's "kisses" do. And KCB probably didn't need a towel to dry off afterward. Just a little Lysol spray and a change of clothes.

Will the hallway fall be named The KCB like the balcony cry is The Mesnick? Ali did do it first, however, so maybe she should get credit.

Edited by SaberTail, Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:12 PM.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

I can't make fun of KCB (Mesnick deserved it--what a tool). KCB is just so sweet and sincere and the way she looked at the RC--frozen smile that couldn't hide the disappointment, hurt and even betrayal that she was feeling. Plus, the realization that her father was right, and she was wrong, and that she WAS naive and misled.

And doing all of this on national television at, what, 24? My heart would go out to her except that I hope by now she realizes Ben was no prize. (I'd rather lie on 40 year old Motel 6 carpet than kiss Ben with his "I don't care" stubble and greasy hair. Yes, not a fan).

Despite being tone-deaf to her audience of two with the Jack/J.P. comparisons, I still love Ashley. She is so bubbly and outgoing - that's why she was one of my favorite Bachelorettes.

I was surprised to realize how much I liked her when I saw her again--including her typically kind and enthusiastic (and always so genuine-seeming) comments about Emily (who looked like she barely recognized Ashley. But that's how she always seems).

She's the closest B-ette they've had to Trista (imo, a good thing, as she was attractive enough to keep the guys interested but also fun and likable for the audience to keep watching). And J.P. even reminds me a bit of Ryan Sutter--strong, sensitive, loving type with deep feelings, so I'm hoping they'll make it, too.

As for Emily, I'm guessing that TPTB are planning lots of alpha males for the bachelors in the hope that they'll fight over her (maybe literally) and generate some interest that Emily herself lacks.

rory

rory

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

Seeing Ashley this week just reminded me how much I hated her on her season and how if she didn't have such horrible taste in men Ben(and Constantine for that matter) wouldn't have survived anywhere close to the final 2 and we'd hopefully have had a better Bachelor.

I'd like to say I won't watch Emily's season, but IMO it can't be any worse than Ashley who was my least favorite Bachelorette ever.

SaberTail

SaberTail

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

I'd rather lie on 40 year old Motel 6 carpet than kiss Ben with his "I don't care" stubble and greasy hair.

I rather kiss a 40-year-old Motel 6 carpet than kiss Ben.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. But it IS true.)