8-16: "After Hours" 2012.02.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

72 replies to this topic

Col Bat Guano

Col Bat Guano

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

If Kathy was interested in hooking up with him on the trip she had to give it a go right then--it was their last night. An affair, or even the temptation for an affair, was never in the cards.

Was it their last night? I must have missed that because I thought they were down there for a little while longer.

BoogieBurns

BoogieBurns

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

Was it their last night?

No, they are there for at least 2 more episodes.

Karmalicious

Karmalicious

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I think the project is 3 weeks and this was the end of week 1.

I agree that Jim wasn't sexually interested in Kathy, but I think it would have been more interesting to have the plot carry over more than just one episode.

Sister Magpie

Sister Magpie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

My bad! I don't know where I got the idea it was their last night.

I'm glad, personally, that they weren't sewing any seeds to possibility there because I just wouldn't even have believed it, but I suppose they can still get some plot out of the change in their relationship since they're still on a trip after that night.

Shanna Marie

Shanna Marie

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

There's potential for all kinds of awkwardness in the aftermath, especially if Kathy tries to do a preemptive damage control strike and starts talking about how conceited Jim was that he thought she was making a move on him when she was just hanging out. Then there's Jim in "freak out" mode going overboard to avoid her but then worrying that trying too hard makes it look like he's actually tempted (and maybe even her reading things that way). It would be incredibly awkward to still have to spend a week or more in a hotel at night and all day in meetings with someone who'd made a move on you while insisting she wasn't making a move. I guess it would also be awkward for her, but she comes across as deluded and a little insane, so I'm not sure how she'd react, if she'll be denying anything happened and forgetting about it or if she'll be even more determined while still playing the "oh, come on, you really think I'm making a move?" game.

Too Late Kev

Too Late Kev

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

Deleted scene: It seems that Pam knows exactly what Kathy's up to and isn't worried at all about what Jim is going to do.

Blaze Domingo

Blaze Domingo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:59 AM

Good thing they deleted that. It makes the Jim/Cathy situation even more pointless.

tossedsalad

tossedsalad

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

The Kathy character is a total copy of a woman just fired from where I work (caught on camera with her hand in the till-TWICE, and still tried to deny it, ha ha). A total loon that comes off as 'nice'. I can not believe how well they have written such an accurate depiction of a psychotic destructive character! The resemblance is uncanny. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but my girlfriend says that she and her friends can spot chicks like this a mile away.

I hope what happened where I am in real life does not happen to jim and the rest of the crew. (I won't give away any spoilers.)

Ha ha. Oh I hope I get to relive watching this bitch get her sh!t thrown back at her!

seawind

seawind

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:58 AM

I really think they should get rid of Andy, even though he is a good guy. He should go back to sales or be the Assistant manager.

I heart Andy, but I don't think the show works with him as the office manager. The void that Michael left is still there. It still feels like the kids are playing while the parents are out.

I did enjoy this episode, though. Made me laugh more than I've laughed at the show in a while. I hope they keep this up.

And I can't believe they actually had me rooting for a Erin/Ryan coupling for about 5 seconds!

Aww, I like the deleted scene with Jim/Pam. Thank god there won't be any "surprise" for Pam about this. And, I still love how Andy calls Jim "Tuna". Love that.

Edited by seawind, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:05 AM.

Jporr0121

Jporr0121

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

I understood that Pam found out what was going on, and that she's totally cool with it because she knows Jim won't do anything... but call me stupid, 'cause I still don't understand the whole "Einstein" part of the clip. I get that it's a code word for "home invasion", but that still left it a bit unclear for me. Can anyone elaborate a bit?

murrrrr

murrrrr

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

I understood that Pam found out what was going on, and that she's totally cool with it because she knows Jim won't do anything... but call me stupid, 'cause I still don't understand the whole "Einstein" part of the clip. I get that it's a code word for "home invasion", but that still left it a bit unclear for me. Can anyone elaborate a bit?

I think it's code for any unwelcome guest... a home invasion, Kathy, what ever.

NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

I think it's code for any unwelcome guest... a home invasion, Kathy, what ever.

I got the opposite impression - since he said "no, Einstein's not here" I thought he was saying that there was indeed no home invasion going on, *just* an unwelcome guest.

Maybe that's why they deleted it, too hard to decipher. :-P

Guest24

Guest24

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Okaythe office fell back into the unfunny mode after last nights epi. What was that presentation all about? And Ryan having a breakdown.... The nelli character does not fit in to the show. I liked how Andy got beat up. Funny.