8-16: "If Only You Were Lonely" 2012.02.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

98 replies to this topic

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Richard must make adjustments as his wife's condition worsens; Callie offers guidance to Meredith, who's preparing for her boards

Observations:

Callie looked like she'd been up since 4am.

Skinner with a scrappy white beard is all kinds of wrong.

Arizona has a new skull cap.

Why the fuck is Christina worried about her marriage? Dude! Let him go and get back to being awesome!

Alex, love a duck, he is hard core at Peds. I don't need him getting a love life.

Mark, eat something, honey!

DKGoinToNW

DKGoinToNW

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

So...Summer Glau will appear again, right? Because otherwise, what a bleedin' waste.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

I'm so sick of Jackson and his man crush on Mark. and now we have that stupid Non love triangle back. Mark figures out Jackson's feelings and yet he can't figure out that lexie is in love with him? this has been going on for way to long. Just put ML together already, and send Jackson off with April.

What happened to Meredith being Lead? Did she just get demoted to Supporting. Ugh. I loved Meredith/Derek back in Season 1/2 But now it seems like the writers have nothing left for them.

Finally lexie has about turned around regarding kids or wait that's right kids were never the issue. Once again SR fails to show anything realistic when it comes to the "Age difference" couple. I wish she would stop going on and on about Growth for Lexie when clearly she doesn't even know were the growth she be at.

One thing i'm glad for, I didn't have to hear the name "babysitter" were mark is concerned.

Alex i loved he's just perfect.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Did something happened tonight? I swear I only kept seeing people talking but nothing happening.

Justin is looking all kinds of sexy tonight. Love it. Wasn't much into the whole Morgan story.

Sad sad Adele/Richard. Very sad.

I'm not sure who that person with form of Cristina is. Can we get the real Cristina back? Please? And just kill Owen. He is useless.

ED is not looking healthy at all. The guy needs 10000 burgers.

Derek attempting to protecting Zola was sweet but...don't know, didn't feel it at all. I had to laugh at the hair thing though. Derek has perfect hair but he can't figure out someone else's? LOL.

So...Summer Glau will appear again, right? Because otherwise, what a bleedin' waste.

Shittiest gig of all. She just was there. Summer Glau should sue her agent for this.

Adekt

Adekt

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

All the premie odds talk and not one mention of Sofia surviving after being born at 23 weeks from Arizona or Alex. Why not mention it? Why did they do all that singing if was all for naught. Why wasn't Sofia on the premie board? Wasn't Lexie there when Sofia was born for crying out loud?! Did they forget? think they forgot! Gees, this show!

Edited by Adekt, Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:49 PM.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

ED is not looking healthy at all.

Seriously this comes up every week. Eric is looking good, a lot better then last season. just cause he's thin doesn't mean he's not eating and i think it's all kinds of wrong to say he's unhealthy. that's like saying Justin isn't healthy because he looks like he's over weight. As you get older your body changes. I don't see what his weight has to do with the show anyways.

lovetovolunteer

lovetovolunteer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Protect Zola from what?!

bgrape74

bgrape74

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

were there any merder scenes? I missed the show.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Eric is looking good, a lot better then last season. just cause he's thin doesn't mean he's not eating and i think it's all kinds of wrong to say he's unhealthy.

Has he? Because if you compare the two episodes where Mark comes off shirtless when Derek & Addison (S3 and now S8) were talking and you can see a substantial weight loss that does not look normal. He doesn't look good. He looks aged and too thin for a man his height and age. I think it's wrong to make theories behind it (he can be sick and we don't know it and I rather wait for confirmation) but I was making an observation that really impressed me. He is not looking good and that's all I will say to it. JMO.

Edited by AnitaMC86, Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:06 PM.

Makenna

Makenna

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

were there any merder scenes? I missed the show.

No. They had a two sec convo at the end of the episode with Zola and Bailey at the house.

It's official. Teddy bugs in the worst way, she can just GTFO!!

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

I'm feeling very white- what the heck is "Zola's kitchen", and how does Meredith know about it?

I was surprised that Sofia's picture wasn't on the board. Also, Arizona was almost full on creeper watching Alex with Lexie.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

[quote]Did they forget?[/quote]
Lol...I did. I completely forgot that Sofia was a premie.

[quote]Eric is looking good, a lot better then last season[/quote]
I thought I was the only one SMH at that. I actually think ED looks better this season too. Oh well.

The writers are continuing to destroy Cristina. Her spending an ENTIRE episode stalking some nurse because she's got it in her head that Owen is cheating on her was incredibly sad to watch. And then to top it off by basically throwing herself at him (only to be rejected btw) was pathetic. Cristina is the last female I would think would stoop so low.

The father of the premie baby was unlikable from the start so I really didnt feel any more anger towards him when he bailed on his son and girlfriend. I hope the guilt eats at him for the rest of his life. I just loved loved loved how Alex handled that situation. Gave the guy info on the baby but refused to endulge in his lame excuses about work and clinical trials and whatever else. Way to have your priorities in order buddy.

[quote] Also, Arizona was almost full on creeper watching Alex with Lexie [/quote
I actually thought that part was cute. You could see the love in Arizona's eyes for Alex. He messed up last week by being a dick to Morgan, but this time he was caring, compassionate, and helpful.

Edited by PoeticJustice32, Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:16 PM.

LakeLover

LakeLover

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

I'm feeling very white- what the heck is "Zola's kitchen", and how does Meredith know about it?

The hair on the nape of the neck that is particularly curly and difficult to manage.

Pepper the Cat

Pepper the Cat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

The part where April pulls up the nurse's schedule was just plain riduculous. Doctors don't have any input into nurses' schedules.

And to just say Emily and get a schedule? In a hospital that size there must be more than 1 Emily.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

S3 and now S8

expecting Eric to look the same at the age of 39 compare to when he was 33?. I don't know anyone who weighs the same within a 6 year spain. and then the whole old Comment, Patrick also looks like he aged, as does everyone. (But Chyler since she's always looking young) No one stays the same and if they do then they have amazing Genes.

I thought I was the only one SMH at that. I actually think ED looks better this season too. Oh well.

As a fan of Eric's i agree, I hate when anyone comments on his weight or even his look but i agree last season he was looking way to thin, but this season you can tell (especially at the HH Campaign that he is gaining weigh in his face.) of course this is just my opinion.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

One thing really bugged me. I thought it was writing 101 to show rather than tell, so when Meredith spent five full minutes trying to tell Cristina what a great study partner Callie is all I could think was "Why am I not seeing this" they could have established the same thing with a 30 second scene of Meredith and Callie meeting early to study. I hate being told things that should just be shown. Almost felt like I was watching a Tyler Perry movie.

I know it was wrong but I loved Derek's paranoia about racism. Mostly because I've been on the receiving end of one of those rants.

Can Arizona and Callie actually have a scene together or one interacting with Sofia? I mean this is getting to be a bit much.

Finally, Cristina where have you gone? I actually closed my eyes for that medical closet scene. WTH was that, then the paranoid searching through Owen's things. Can she love herself enough to walk away already. No one should allow someone to treat them the way Owen is treating her. He knew before they got married and even after when she said she would only have the abortion if he supported her, why show up and hold a woman's hand through a process that you consider murder. Ugh I just can't understand this character at all and I hate what they are doing with Cristina she was never like this not even with Burk.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

I don't think Owen is cheating on Christina but sometimes even really smart women think/do crazy things if they are in love. I mostly noticed things that didn't make sense such as April being able to access the nurse's schedule and Teddy being able to talk like that to the Chief. Owen needs to send her packing; she didn't even care about Henry until recently, Christina tried her best to save him and Teddy needs to go to another hospital where she is not reminded of him.

Best part was Alex (and I don't agree with whoever posted upthread that he is overweight). Not everyone needs to be reed thin, some people just aren't built that way. Richard and Adele were sad and I would hate to have to make a decision like he has to make regarding my partner.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:18 AM

Who the hell is Callie always texting with?

MHCBadDude

MHCBadDude

Couch Potato

• Interests:Sports. NEO. Family. Golden Girls. Grey's Anatomy. Dancing with the Stars. Cheese. School. Walgreens (unfortunately). That's it.

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

I really hate seeing Cristina like that. Along with Meredith's voiceover, were they implying that Cristina maybe did smell something on his shirt? I actually hope he is cheating so we can see the end of this toxic relationship.

I can relate to Derek's problem; not the racist thing, but the dad not being able to do something with his daughter's hair. My dad used to do overnights so he could take me to pre-school in the mornings, and my hair wasn't always pretty. I don't think it's a black thing (although the hair is surely more difficult to manage). I think its a dad thing.

Alex is studly and I love how he handled that asshole boyfriend at the end.

HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:31 AM

Can Arizona and Callie actually have a scene together or one interacting with Sofia? I mean this is getting to be a bit much.

It really, REALLY is.

stopthestatic

stopthestatic

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 1:12 AM

The best part about this episode was the callback when they show the chairs Meredith and Ellis were sitting in at the end of the pilot.

It feels like nothing is happening on the show. They need to speed up the stories a bit.

Palomar

Palomar

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

So Owen's alleged mistress will most likely get pregnant IF they end up going down that road. That desperate act of calling Owen to the room was hard to watch.

karra

karra

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, reading, baking.

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

The part where April pulls up the nurse's schedule was just plain riduculous. Doctors don't have any input into nurses' schedules.

April said she didn't have input into it. She only knows it because she has to know everything.

LimelightQueen

LimelightQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 2:19 AM

Mark Sloane, speaking Spanish while holding an adorable baby. I think my ovaries just exploded. I kinda love Mark and Derek hanging in day care with their girls. I think I may be able to handle Derek if he spends all his time holding Zola.

Who the hell is Callie always texting with?

Look at the way Sara smiles when she sends those texts. I know that smile. That is the smile of a woman who is sending and/or receiving exceedingly dirty text messages. Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Edited by LimelightQueen, Feb 24, 2012 @ 2:26 AM.

MrWhyt

MrWhyt

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 2:34 AM

Shittiest gig of all. She just was there. Summer Glau should sue her agent for this.

For getting her work?

Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 3:10 AM

If anyone deserves to be cheated on, it sure as hell is Christina

However, I think it's just a front and he really is trying to work out their horrendous relationship.

Of course, Christina is painted as the sympathetic figure...garbage

Adekt

Adekt

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:00 AM

I agree with not having enough Callie and Arizona scenes. Then speaking of the lack of interaction between them and Sofia shouldn't Sofia be having a birthday soon. Sofia is going to a year old and we have not seen her trying to walk let alone even crawl. Have there been any side efforts from being born early?

I was annoyed with Cristina's stalking. I figured of all people she would be the one person in the world who would not hesitate to confront Owen. She suspects him of cheating fine but Cristina wouldn't simply go through through the laundry and drawers. She would ask outright, "are you sleeping with someone else?" I am not impressed with this relationship.

I like Alex. Most of the time I really love his storylines. Having him as the junior manwhore pisses me off. I'm glad Arizona chose him to mentor and to see them together in a more meaningful way. It was nice for him to be consistant for a change. He was tough with the jackass premie Dad and sensititive to the Mom and caring to the baby.

Teddy needs therapy already! She was never really a favorite but she was tolerable now we have endless scenes of how she misses the tumor patient husband she first cheated on for the six months of their year long marriage. She was in love with a cronically sick guy. Was it really a surpirse when he died? She still doesn't get that he made a judgement call for her patient.

I never really like Jackson either. There is just something about the guy. I just don't find his interactions with Makr or any one else interesting and should be kept to a minimum or give him a storyline worth a damn. I would have missed him if Gary Clark would have taken himout. I hope he fails the boards.

Personnally I'm over Derek and Meredith. I know they are the staple relationship and anchor characters and whatever but I'm done. I'm probably the only who wouldn't miss them next year if PD decides he wants to race cars instead of act. I just hope SR has enough sense to concentrate and evenly spread the storylines with the other 20 cast members.

Edited by Adekt, Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:00 AM.

MilaNese

MilaNese

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 8:21 AM

Have there been an side efforts from being born early?

This is what I was thinking or rather, when the preemie dad was freaking out I wished they would have discussed this properly. Rather than him coming across as an asshat who did not even try to bond with the child because he thought it had no chance, I wish they would have had a real conversation about the dangers of being born that prematurely. Even if baby Tommy (Timmy?) survives, chances of having severe learning difficulties are very high, as well as chronic lung problems, possible blindness, etc... I work in a hospital, and I see these kids all the time. My daughter was in the NICU and I saw parents torn over these decisions. But of course at Seattle Grace the magical surgeons (who for some reason run the NICU, rather than non surgical neonatologists) will make sure that every baby not only survives but is absolutely fine.
It angered me with Sofia and it still angers me here. The dad sounded horrible yelling "he might not have a life worth living" at his distraught wife, but that is actually something that they should discuss. People have terminations all the time for fetuses affected with syndromes that cause learning difficulties (such as Down's syndrome), and I understand (though I am not sure what I would do in that case), but a 24 week preemie is fought for tooth and nail. And I understand them fighting for the baby as well, don't take me wrong. But I think there should be some talking about it, just like a termination i not decided willy nilly, the decision to keep a child that may very well be very sick his entire life, should also be discussed. And I think Grey's does a terrible job portraying this. It is the good mom who loves her baby (and an army of drs) against the evil dad who is unattached and uses a freaking app to see how likely his son is to survive.

I did kind of like the story with the exploding coffee machine and the guy who thought the girl was flirting with him. I liked that there was no sweet ending where the staff pushed their beds together and they fell in love with each other or anything like that.

Kinda digged that Mark thought Derek was talking about Jackson when he said "better half". And I hate the Mark/Lexie/Avery triangle, I don't want any of those three together (or maybe now I want Mark and Avery together... not Lexie though). I could nto read what we were supposed to get from Arizona's stalkerish smirk in the end. Was she supposed to be happy (like someone pointed out here) that Alex was acting human and kind? I thought she was trying to push Alex to date Lexie again (but that may be MY wish, I loved those two together, rather than Arizona's).

Hate Owen, hate Teddy, please can they leave now? And I hate the shadow of a woman Cristina is now. I feel there is some serious character assasination going on there. Cristina would not grovel, she would not try to make Owen sleep with her, Cristina would not be obsessed with her guy cheating... or would she? And this over a relationship that is broken beyond repair as it is. Just ridiculous.

True Dat2

True Dat2

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

Derek attempting to protecting Zola was sweet but...don't know, didn't feel it at all. I had to laugh at the hair thing though. Derek has perfect hair but he can't figure out someone else's? LOL

It is so very much an ethnic thing and a dad thing.

I am black with black/white biracial kids, have white friends who adopted black children and white girlfriends with black/white biracial daughters. Our hair is no joke. One of the first things my friends did was to tap into my knowledge base and get me and other black friends to teach them how to fix their daughters' hair. Apparently Meredith must have taken that step (off camera) because Zola's hair never looked that busted before.

Bailey: "Do your baby's hair." Bwah. I say the same thing every time I see a photo of Angelina Jolie and Zahara.

Mr. Dat and I did high five each other when Derek went off on the lady at the end, because Mr. Dat has reacted the same way on occasion.

And in SR's world of horrible hospitals, she had to get Callie to tell Owen what he should already know?!? I don't care if Teddy is mad and grieving. Her behavior is completely inappropriate and unprofessional and IRL Teddy would have been written up a couple of times already and probably fired for her behavior. I thought Richard was the worst chief....nah, that would be Owen.

While Sandra Oh can act up a storm downtrodden, sad Christina has gotten old already. Can we have fierce Christina back already?

At this point April, Mark, Lexie, Avery, Owen, Teddy and Arizona could all leave the show and I would miss none of them.

mysticrose

mysticrose

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

I loved this episode. Alex was on fire! Meredith is so happy and it's great to see, and Ellen Pompeo looked especially pretty yesterday. Loved the storyline with Derek and it culminating in classic Bailey, "Comb your child's hair!"

Christina's storyline was sad, but it also kept me guessing. I changed my opinion about five times, and I'm still not sure whether he's cheating or not. And I didn't think it was way out of character. Christina is fierce, yes, but she loves Owen, and we've seen traces of this Christina before with Burke. She bent over backwards to make that thing work, and in the end, it was Burke who walked away, not Christina. Now if Owen is cheating, I think that may be the tipping point, but until then, Christina is going to try to make it work.

I like Jackson and Mark's relationship, and even though I'm not a fan of either of them with Lexie anymore, I do like that they care about each other as much as Lexie.