3-14: "On My Way" 2012.02.21 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

566 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

From TWoP and ZAP2it:

New Directions and the Warblers face off at regionals.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:20 PM.

natyxg

natyxg

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

I'm speechless and in such a bad way. So much contrived viewer manipulation and PSA.

And now I feel bad cause teen suicides ARE a big deal but I hated this episode.

Edited by natyxg, Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:02 PM.

Ranwing

Ranwing

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Well, that's one way to stop a wedding.

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Remember when TPTB said that Glee was not the show for a suicide storyline? I think they should have gone with their instincts. I can't even articulate all of my issues with this right now.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

"To be continued" are the ugliest words in any language. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I really loved this episode, and what really surprised me the most was that I actually bought the compassion that the Warblers and the Gleeks were showing towards Karofsky.

I loved all the music in this episode.

magpye29

magpye29

Couch Potato

I didn't see that coming at all. I'm still in shock.

A Beaverhausen

A Beaverhausen

Fanatic

Really? How cheap and low can you go?

TorontoFan

TorontoFan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

Well that was depressing beyond belief. It's like a bad soap opera.

CookieChica

CookieChica

Fanatic

Quinn got kicked off the cheerleading squad, ostracized by the student body, had a crazy woman coercing her into giving up her baby to her, was publicly outed as a cheater/liar in regards to her baby's paternity, was kicked out of her house by her parents and then moved in with Finn and then moved in with Puck and THEN moved in with Mercedes, and gave up a child for adoption during one year of high school. So I'm not sure everyone loved her. But of course, nothing can ever compare to the pain that Kurt knows. Ick. That was just so gross that he would try to minimize anyone else's situation.

(Admittedly Quinn wasn't terribly amazing during that conversation but still.)

Did Blaine's rapping really deserve a standing O?

I will give some major kudos for that hospital room scene because that made me tear up. Even though that was a lot to accomplish in 10 years.

As soon as I saw Quinn in a car, I knew what was going to happen. Way to cover two modern teen causes of death, Glee!

JustAshe

JustAshe

Just Tuned In

What?! I knew it was coming but....what?! The foreshadowing of Quinn driving and texting...but I thought they would make it a close call.

Edited by JustAshe, Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:04 PM.

EmmaFrances

EmmaFrances

Channel Surfer

Who were the random girls singing & dancing to "Stronger"?

Chopped Liver

Chopped Liver

Channel Surfer

So, new worst episode of Glee ever or...?

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Heeeee! I was hating so much about this episode, but they won me over with the pure ridiculous stupidity of that last second. I know people have predicted that Ryan Murphy would do to Quinn what he did to Popular's Brooke but I honestly never thought for a second that he actually would. So I couldn't help but laugh.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

What happened to the "I'm not gonna stand around and watch you ruin your life by marrying Finn Hudson" scene?

Carsy11

Carsy11

Loyal Viewer

This episode feels like One Tree Hill.

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

And I saw two shows warring in one breast.

Mopey drama Glee took over most of the show (and it's basically never good when that happens), but you having comedy Glee still present, mostly in the form of Jeff Goldblum (who is a gem; seriously, why did it take this long to meet Rachel's dads?) and Ian Brennan dressed as a vampire judge.

MiniDriver

MiniDriver

Couch Potato

Dang, that was a very special episode of Blossom.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

I didn't like it. I really didn't like it.

I don't even care about the cliffhanger or the sad storylines because I didn't feel connected or moved by any of it. I'm not even sad. I'm numb.

I did love Kurt joining the God squad to pray for Dave and being honest about how he felt instead of torturing himself in silence. I love The Troubletones (they're so perfect) and Rachel's "Here's To Us." That's about it.

BloggerAloud

BloggerAloud

Video Archivist

In the grand scheme of things, at least Quinn was reaching down to check her phone and not to pick up a scoop of fallen ice cream.

pigeoninthepark

pigeoninthepark

Channel Surfer

The leftover Troubletones/Cheerios that Shelby abandoned.

Baxter1966

Baxter1966

Couch Potato

When did this show become so damn depressing?

natyxg

natyxg

Fanatic

The Trouble Tones.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

In the grand scheme of things, at least Quinn was reaching down to check her phone and not to pick up a scoop of fallen ice cream.

HA! I'd almost entirely forgotten about that.

In other news, I think they should all kill themselves. Except for Santana. And Sebastian. And Brittany, because Santana would be muy triste if Brit-Brit died.

Edited by Demian, Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:08 PM.

mareh

mareh

Loyal Viewer

I am not sure what to make of this episode. I didn't really like any of the music (except the one Blaine song was ok, but I probably only enjoyed it because I was so intent on the Karofsky scene that I was not sure what to think).

The Karofsky/Kurt scenes made it all worth while for me.. that was so sweet.

Quinn? that came COMPLETELY out of left field. And now I have to wait for 6 weeks? I hate Ryan Murphy.

Sassafrastic

Sassafrastic

Fanatic

Really? How cheap and low can you go?

Glee has a pretty low bar for being careless, exploitative, irresponsible, offensive, and emotionally manipulative, and this was the worst IMO.

YankeesGal

YankeesGal

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Glad I was spoiled about the car crash. Not a fan of the suicide plot. If the writers are trying to make young people feel more comfortable about coming out of the closet, this story line backfired big time. Wonder who Sue's baby Daddy is.

Edited by YankeesGal, Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:09 PM.

breazy

breazy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Glee just jumped the shark.

Marty1112

Marty1112

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

What the hell was that? Oh, I was contemplating suicide, but I watched Glee and I'm healed. Oh, and I won't text while driving anymore either.

As far as Finchel goes, all the parents had to do was let them know they wouldn't be paying college tuitions or living expenses and that would be the end of that.

I hated this show tonight. Why was Blaine giving Sebastian approving looks? He almost blinded you, you idiot.

Ugh, just ugh.

BearPaw25

BearPaw25

Couch Potato

What happened to the "I'm not gonna stand around and watch you ruin your life by marrying Finn Hudson" scene?

Cut unfortunately. Anyways this episode can give IKAG a run for its money in worst episode this season and probably ever.

It also seriously bothers me that they can treat Santana's outing so blase but OMG!The Pain! The Horror! The Suffering! when it comes to male homosexuality(and I like Karofsky).

annoyinglyrad

annoyinglyrad

Channel Surfer

Well that's irritating. Of course Quinn gets her life togetherish and then that happens.