Canada's Greatest Know-It-All

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4 replies to this topic

millk

millk

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

I wasn't planning on watching this but caught the first 2 episodes last night and am hooked! So not what I thought it was going to be (a trivia game show type deal)

They take 10 of Canada's biggest know-it-alls and put them though challenges to see who is the greatest.

Kinda sad that I can't hate on Cary anymore but I genuinely like all the other contestants.

http://www.discovery....aspx?sid=37462

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

It's a shame that most Canadian shows aren't eligible for Tubey awards, 'cause Cary would've been a front-runner for "Worst Reality Show Contestant". He was a smug douchebag who deserved what he got. Sure, it means they don't really have anyone left to hate on, but y'know what? I can live with that.

I'm still a week behind on the show, though. I'll probably have more thoughts on it after I get caught up.

Taeolas

Taeolas

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 7:44 AM

I've been watching it. None of the contestants are really grabbing me too much, but the challenges have been fun and really testing a wide range of knowledge.

The Trebuchet challenge was especially telling. If they had a limited number of actual shots (and not just a time limit) then the methodical approach that Team Estrogen + 1 tried would have worked... But given they could fire as fast as they could reload, Team 2's strategy made a lot more sense. Toss random shots until you get close and refine from there. If you're already shooting way off, then try gross changes to get closer and work from there.

Emergency Medical Aid is this week; that should be fun.

Taeolas

Taeolas

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 9:15 AM

Season 2 started this week. Like before, the contestants are annoying stuck up... well know-it-all's. But the main reasons I watch it is for the challenges.

Non-vocally signalling the combination and wire colours was a neat twist, and a major source of trouble in the end. (His sign for 4 on his left hand, with the pinky down instead of the more normal thumb down was confusing, especially with the hand turned away from the guy he was signalling).

I'm not quite sure what the criteria was for deciding who 'won' the shoot off. I guess it was first body shot, then first shot to hit the plexiglass if neither hit the body. And if both missed the glass, no points at all.

His answer for the biggest Military construction that went on and on was just ugh... In the end I suppose he had a point... a painful, drawn out point as one of the other guys noted. (I came up with Great Wall and Antarctica right off the bat for those answers myself. But I had no clue for the number of bones in the hand, other than "Lots")

Looking forward to see what other challenges come up. And thanking god I don't have to work or live with any of those guys in my day to day life. :)

Taeolas

Taeolas

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:31 AM

Sad to see Abe go so quickly, and the rest of the group seemed just as sad to see him go. He was a quiet person who just didn't seem to have the trivia knowledge the other guy did in that final challenge. He still did respectably well, but just couldn't do it.

The challenges were interesting. The race challenge might have been better if they didn't know who was leading into the final round, but with a gap of a minute, that would have been hard to hide. The CSI challenge was fun, and showed how well the teams could work together (or not), even if they were doing TV CSI. It was obvious the first team had the challenge in the bag. Even if the second team had found the body, I doubt it would have evened things out enough to make it a close race.